18 East Ridgewood Avenue
Ridgewood, NJ 07450Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dueridgewood.com/
- Phone: 2018573231x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:30pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, American
- Executive Chef: Adam Weiss
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Cafe, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access
A word from Due
Due restaurant is located in the heart of downtown Ridgewood on the corner of East Ridgewood Ave and Broad Street, steps away from New Jersey Transit's Ridgewood Rail Station. Executive Award Winning Chef Adam Weiss and Owner Chris Tarta deliver modern, seasonal, eclectic Italian cuisine with freshly prepared dishes from the wood-fired grill using local ingredients with a focus on flavors, textures, and plating with a modern twist. We offer the perfect casually elegant ambiance, setting, and accommodations for private dining as well as outdoor "al fresco" dining. We live to serve our neighbors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
Due reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (43)special occasion (25)great for outdoor dining (24)romantic (23)hot spot (17)scenic view (16)great for lunch (6)good for groups (6)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- NorthJerseygalDined on 9/11/2014I am never disappointed by anything I eat at Due. Chef Adam Weiss has a magic touch when it comes to turning ordinary food into something spectacular. His braised short ribs are undoubtedly the best I have ever eaten. They are so tender and flavorful in a balsamic, tomato sauce that surrounds the meat with delicately flavored grilled vegetables. This is also served with a cheese polenta. We always share the calamari which tastes so much better than any I have eaten before. My husband had black bass which he said was prepared perfectly. For dessert, the key lime parfait is wonderful but do is the chocolate bread pudding. If you like gourmet food, you will love Due.Special Features:
- Early Sunday DinnerpattymacDined on 9/7/2014My husband and I had dinner this past Sunday. We came just as they were opening at 5:00. The wait staff was very friendly and gushed over several of the menu items. Despite being the first ones there, and there only being 2 tables occupied, my husband ordered the very last order of one of the specials - sea bass. He enjoyed it, as well as the mushroom soup starter. I had the grilled octopus appetizer. It was undercooked and rubbery at the same time, and lacked the charcoal taste that I look for in that dish. The accompanying salad was tasty. The menu is small and I didn't see anything - other than the sea bass - that really excited me. I ended up ordering chicken marsala. It was very good.Special Features:
- Excellent menuRobertaDined on 9/6/2014Wonderful service and very nice menu choices. It was hard to choose. Everything we ordered was delicious. Our server was outgoing, very pleasant and helpful with our dinner choices. I would definitely go back again. However, there may have been something wrong with the A/C because it was warm and uncomfortable.Special Features:
- Fit for adventurous foodiesOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/5/2014The entire dinner was delicious. We each had an appetizer, entree, and dessert and were totally satisfied. The service was great and the banquet next to the wall was very comfortable and cozy. It was slightly warm inside but the food and great service made up for it all. Can't wait to go back to see their fall menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice dinner outfoodandfunDined on 9/5/2014After trying a few restaurants in Ridgewood, Due is our favorite so far. Everything was pretty good. Calamari appetizer was nicely done - crisp and light. Black Sea Bass and Shrimp and grits entrees we also well prepared. Attentive and friendly service staff.Special Features:
- Great care in food prepmcm090304Dined on 9/5/2014The flavors coaxed from the ingredients in various pasta sauces is perfect. Pasta portions need to be a bit bigger because we left feeling a bit hungry.Special Features:
- The Best Spot in TownNorthJerseygalDined on 8/28/2014I really like to watch my calorie intake so may I suggest that you start your dinner with the desserts in Due. After consuming the best short ribs and grilled vegetables I have ever eaten, I had planned to only taste a dessert. Well, first came the key lime "semi-freddo which was a key lime parfait with graham cracker crust and a superb meringue topping that had brown sugar as an added touch. Then the zeppoles di ricotta appeared on the table. They were bite sized pieces of crispy cinnamon-sugar Italian doughnuts with a warm ricotta center. These were served with rhubarb compote and a lucious chocolate sauce. I love this restaurant because it has exceptional food and a very friendly and attentive staff.Special Features:
- PeterMDined on 8/26/2014We visited Due for the first time on the recommendation of friends. We found the service very friendly and the restaurant inviting. The menu is small but well thought out, appealing choices were available for most diners despite possible restrictions in their diet. Each item that we tried was quite delicious (calamari, pulpo, veal chop, and crab cakes). Strongly recommended.Special Features:
- Due ReviewDuedineDined on 8/26/2014Highly recommend the food. However, 1 server dealing with too many tables. Acoustics not right, conversations can be heard across the room.Special Features:
- Oustanding and Innovative ItalianJonJonDined on 8/25/2014Went on a Sunday night. Our server, Corey, was extremely knowledgeable and pleasant. Had the portaella parm, flatbread, and calamari for starters and the flatiron steak and fish special for entree. While every dish was inspired in its own way...I particularly enjoyed the balanced smokiness of the portabella, the amazing homeade ricotta which wonderfully complimented the flavors and textures of the flatbread, and the basil/pesto notes that finished the flatiron steak! The calamari, fish special(black bass) and deconstructed keylime dessert were also exceptional. A truly memorable meal and I look forward to reliving the memory!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding in every waylovegreatfoodDined on 8/22/2014From the moment we sat down, the service and experience were phenomenal. Our waitress was extremely pleasant, made great suggestions and was very attentive. The food was amazing. Shrimp bisque was unique - wish the portion was larger, and the salmon that I had and the short ribs my wife had were the best we've ever had. Kudos to the chef and staff for making this a new favorite.Special Features:
- KosherchefVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second visit to Due. Adam Weiss's food truly lived up to his reputation as a terrific chef. The arancini were truly original with the corniced into the rice.The tomato sauce served with it was one of the best I've ever had. The black bass I had was expertly cooked,the skin was crisp,and it was perfectly seasoned. My husband's veal Milanese was well prepared, tender,with a crusp breading that stayed on the tender meat. The zeppole a we had for dessert were unique. Stuffed with creamy ricotta cheese, it all but melted in your mouth,and the strawberry rhubarb compote was the perfect accompaniment. The servers were knowledgeable and helpful. All in all a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious Food!JoycebentlVIPDined on 8/14/2014Fabulous and delectable food from a favorite chef! Veal Milanese entree and fried zepoles for dessert with strawberry rhubarb and chocolate sauces were first rate! We'll be back!Special Features:
- Great PlaceRidgewoodResDined on 8/12/2014Due is a great little place. The food was fantastic with the exception of my wife's salmon which was not the greatest but not awful either. The corn chowder, mussels, and veal were all outstanding. The service was great...overall I would highly recommend.
- excellent restaurantmigpooVIPDined on 8/12/2014Chef Weiss did a great job as usual, his fried calamari with the added little touch of red roasted peppers, fried artichoke pieces and dried olives gave it just that extra umph it needed to make it stand out from the rest of the restaurants that serve fried calamari.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorite restaurantsSteveDined on 8/8/2014We have eaten at Due two times now. Both times we were very happy with our meals. The Steak Frite and the Pork Chops are amazing!! My wife had the Olive crusted Salmon and enjoyed it both times we dined at Due. We will definitely be back for more!Special Features:
- Great food - cold decorCrinkerDined on 8/5/2014It was our first visit to Due - we enjoyed our food very much - but the inside of the restaurant could use some warmth in decor. Just a little too cafeteria looking for me. Our server, Cory, was excellent. He was very informed on the menu and very attentive to our needs.Special Features:
- Another Fantastic Food ExperienceJefeDined on 8/5/2014I have consistently been impressed with the quality of the dinners presented at due. Chef Weiss is a consummate professional, well recognized by his peers and a meal from his kitchen is a life experience that will be remembered. We consider an evening at due to be a special occasion and an outstanding pleasure from the food to the contemporary bistro atmosphere. The service by the entire staff has been excellent without exception. I believe the recent acknowledgements on Open Table describing due as a “Hot Spot”, and “Fit for Foodies” and “A Neighborhood Gem” are well deserved. Congratulations due.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/5/2014We have been here four times now. We sat outside and watched the trains and commuters walk by. Chef Adam outdid himself again. We had the pesce di mare with green pasta and soft shell crabs francaise style that was to die for. OMG. And the key lime semi freddo was cool and refreshing. Every time we visit, the meal is always adventurous with lovely service to accompany.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth another visitElaineVIPDined on 8/2/2014Just because you throw some blueberries on a small plate of salad doesn't make it worth $13. My husband had a strange brown gazpacho with one shrimp in it followed by a $30 piece of snapper which was a special. I had salmon for $27. We don't mind spending $100 at a BYOB but when you sit on uncomfortable plastic chairs for the experience and the food isn't all that great we have no reason to go back. I didn't get the sophisticated bistro vibe some of your other reviewers found. I overheard a server telling another table who wasn't happy with the degree of doneness of their fish that the chef was "eccentric"!
- Due or Don'tCj2kDined on 8/1/2014The food and service was very good. As a party of four, we all had appetizers and main courses. All dishes were excellent. The only blemish and it was significant is that one of the main courses was cold and had to be returned for warming TWICE. They acknowledged and apologized.Special Features:
- JHsatDined on 7/25/2014The competing restaurants in the town are much better. The prices are all similar, therefore diners will most likely choose the restaurants with better food.
- gailyDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I decided to try Due late on a Saturday afternoon- were able to get reservations and so glad we went. We had been hesitant to go since we had read bad reviews but heard there was a new chef and latest reviews were good-both of us enjoyed our salads and main courses and had no room for dessert. So glad we took the chance and went there. Our waitress Lauren was fabulous. The other wait staff was also good. The food was delicious and we will definitely go back to Due.Special Features:
- smokeyDined on 7/12/2014It was our first time and will return. Pulpo, calamari and red snapper was excellent. The key lime "pie" and the zeppole were terrific as well. I would certainly suggest this fine restaurant to all my food friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome place!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 7/3/2014We had a terrific meal with great service in a cool hip bistro vibe. Who would have thought we would have had an eclectic Italian-centered meal that was fresh and delicious. We thoroughly licked our plates and will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KosherchefVIPDined on 6/28/2014While the food was perfectly prepared, the sauces were extremely salty.
- Little happening bistro!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/28/2014We were a party of four with reservations on the earlier side. As the evening progressed, it got busier and more happening. The food was absolutely delicious from appetizer to entrees to dessert. We left fully satisfied and can't wait to return with our friends. Service was great and attentive without being overbearing. And the dining is modern with hard floors and nice lighting from the windows and guests dining outside. A must try for all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceSteveODined on 6/27/2014The new chef and the revamped service at due thoroughly impressed me. I visited over the winter and enjoyed myself. This visit was much more than that, it was superb. The food was on point, perfectly seasoned and presented. The service was great. Server was knowledgeable, professional, and unpretentious. Our fresh broccoli rabe pasta was delicious. You cannot get that quality and freshness of homemade pasta and seafood in many places in Bergen County. The Steak was cooked exactly medium rare over the wood grill. Alot of character from the smoke from the oak in the grill. Our pulpo appetizer was tender and flavorful and we shared Ricotta Zeppoli for dessert. Perfectly warm and sweet. I cannot wait to return!Special Features:
- Wonderful meal with finesse!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/22/2014We absolutely loved everything about due from the charming bistro decor to the friendly service and especially the food. This is not your typical traditional Italian restaurant. Everything was creative and refreshing and playful. Truly a great find in Ridgewood. Will becoming back with all our foodie friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Huge hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/19/2014Everything was great. The meal was a culinary adventure. All dishes ordered were delicious. And the service was attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable which complimented the cuisine and quaint modern bistro decor. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Delicious!NorthJerseygalDined on 6/19/2014I have been to Due three or four times recently, since Adam Weiss became the executive chef. He is very creative with his preparations making each item on the menu truly special. I ordered the soft shell crabs francaise style served over a vegetable and corn mixture. I always order soft shell crabs in any restaurant when they are in season and I also make them at home. I can truly say these were the best I have ever had. For dessert, I had a key lime parfait type dessert that was fabulous. This restaurant is small and intimate. It is a perfect place to bring a wonderful bottle of wine and sit and chat with friends while you enjoy a relaxed dining experience. No one rushes you but the servers are always available when you want them.Special Features:
- A Fantastic Experience Every TimeJefeDined on 6/17/2014My wife and I have dined at due weekly since Chef Adam Weiss joined this restaurant and we will continue--it's that GREAT. Every experience surpassed our highest expectations. The calamari is outrageous, the Portobello Mushroom Parmigiano and the PEI Mussels are all outstanding appetizers. I also loved the veal capriccioso and the pork chop as well as the Salmon, honestly, it would be very difficult to commit to one dish as my favorite entrée. My wife and I love the broccoli rabe and the mascarpone polenta as well as the parmigiano fries. Finally, don't miss the ricotta zeppoles, not dietetic and worth every calorie. This place will become number ONE in Ridgewood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/14/2014Atmosphere was lovely. Servers were very friendly and professional. Food was fabulous! Hard decisions to make. Many different choices that make choosing very difficult. Looking forward to our next visit to sample some new dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Come with an appetiteOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/13/2014OMG! Everything was fabulous. Chef Weiss prepared a wonderful meal. And the service was great too. We were seated in a small banquette corner and was quite romantic. The place started filling up as the evening progressed which is a great sign. We will be back with empty stomachs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningFoodforfunDined on 6/13/2014With the recent addition to their establishment with Executive Chef, Adam Weiss, Due is certain to become one of the finer restaurants in Ridgewood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outrageous dining experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 6/11/2014Every bite of our meal was delicious. We started out with the bruschetta and Portabella parmigiana. The first offering of the delectable bruschetta appetizer duo was crispy with roasted tomato and basil pesto garnish and the second was smooth and creamy with house made ricotta and olive tapenade. The Portabella was wood-grilled and topped with fresh mozzarella and bread crumbs over pomodoro sauce and basil pesto. For our entrees, we ordered the Bronzini and the tapenade salmon. The desserts: the creamy ricotta zeppoles with chocolate sauce and strawberry-rhubarb compote and the cool key lime pie parfait with meringue were to die for. The service was gracious, professional, and friendly. Can't wait to return for another memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NEW CHEF AND SERVICE TERRIFIC!!LaurieDined on 6/11/2014My husband and I recieved a gift certificate for Due last year- "Due" to it's awful reviews we never went, and on a whim we went on a Wednesday night not knowing it had a new chef and front of house staff. The new chef is amazing, simply amazing- We had calamari/artichoke appetizer that was soft with crunchy crust and had some fried olives thrown in which added an unexpected and delightful kick to the dish- We fought over the olives. I had the shrimp and grits which had the most rich broth- I would have licked the plate. Same for my husbands steak- Perfectly cooked and seasoned. The hostess/waitress was on top of everything, friendly, knowledgeable and kept our wine and water glasses filled. A wonderful night- we'll be back!Special Features:
- Hidden GemOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/11/2014My friend and I totally enjoyed everything we ate at due. We shared the crispy calamari and wood-grilled octopus. Both were excellent, especially the lemon aioli sauce with the calamari. For dinner, we had the flatiron steak and the tapenade salmon and were delicious. Dessert is a must order: the chocolate duo special and the lime semi-freddo dessert. One decadent and the other wonderfully cool and refreshing. Service was very attentive and as the evening progressed, the room filled up and the sun was setting looking as we looked out the window watching people walking by. Definitely make reservations at this hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Due reviews archive.