Dudley's on Short
259 W. Short St.
Lexington, KY 40507Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Dudley's on Short
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dudleysrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8592521010x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday Brunch: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Dudley's on Short
Dudley's Restaurant has been a mainstay on the Lexington dining scene since 1981. Dudley's offers delicious modern American cuisine with an impressive wine list to match.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Dudley's on Short - Best Restaurants in Lexington ›
Dudley's on Short reviews from OpenTable diners
115 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)fit for foodies (65)romantic (57)notable wine list (48)neighborhood gem (45)good for groups (26)great for lunch (23)great for outdoor dining (21)great for brunch (18)hot spot (18)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (8)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- The best!JackVIPDined on 9/17/2014We eat every meal out and this was the very best in all respects!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014I had lunch at restaurant before and enjoyed it so wanted to try dinner and it was nice. Will com back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Food and service was excellent but the noise level when the restaurant is full makes it very difficult to have a conversation. Don't go there for a business dinner where you need to have meaningful interactive discussion. There were 5 of us and if the person next to you wasn't talking directly to you there was no way to hear the conversation.Special Features:
- GeorgeVIPDined on 9/6/2014This was our second visit to Dudley's, and we didn't remember that the noise level was quite so high (though our last visit was on a week-day night, and this was a Saturday night after a UK football game). We found that we almost had to shout across the table to each other so we could be heard, partly due to a boisterous group of five seated next to us who had obviously had too much to drink. Once they left, things quieted down a bit, and we had a wonderful dinner. Service was excellent, as was the food, particularly the scallops and salmon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place To CelebraterightspotDined on 9/6/2014Great for an evening out with your significant other. Flexible menu and helpful service. Excellent food, excellent service and great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experiencefood4thought53Dined on 9/3/2014Went to Dudley's for my wife's birthday dinner and both of us enjoyed it tremendously. Our waiter Steve catered to us very well. He recommended a wine which my wife liked a lot. The entrees were very good you can tell the chef is skilled in his creations. The best part was when Steve brought a complimentary dessert out for my wife. A sundae made with all home made ingredients including the ice cream. We would recommend Dudley's for any special occasion to friends. Thanks for a memorable time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findWearyTravelerDined on 9/2/2014Arrived in Lexington at dinner time. After traveling add day Open Table helped find a very nice spot to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dudley's on ShortFrankfoodieDined on 8/30/2014Nice downtown Lexington restaurant. Ahi tuna and scallops were very good. Nice wine selection, good service.Special Features:
- Very good but a bit pricyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Food was very good but a bit pricy for the portions. Parking is a bit tuff especially with an event across the street. Excellent service. Totally full....got pretty noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still one of Lexington's best!dhunter919Dined on 8/23/2014The buttermilk fried calamari is very unique and delicious...a definite for calamari lovers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing as alwaysJSHabDined on 8/22/2014Every time we go to Lexington, we always choose Dudley's. The menu changes frequently. The food is always wonderful, the staff more than friendly. They have accommodated our needs; menu's without prices and made our elderly parents with canes and walkers feel welcome.Special Features:
- Marvelous Evening!TimMVIPDined on 8/11/2014While we have been to Dudley's many times, this was one of the most relaxing and fulfilling dinner gatherings that we have had. The service was punctual but not pressured. The pace of the evening felt comfortable, yet not slow. Time to enjoy the evening and service staff that was attentive. The bourbon and wine lists are excellent. They accommodated a food allergy with grace and ease. We have moved Dudley's back up on our list of favorites!Special Features:
- Dudley's never disappoints!KyfarmgirlDined on 8/9/2014Padgett was our server who has perfected the art of providing the best despite occasionally being a bit over-the-top. The food was exceptional as always. In our group of six we enjoyed Crab cakes, calamari, steak frites, scallops, paella, grilled Brussels spout salad and a divine chocolate dessert. Debbie Long is well known in Lexington as the owner of THE best place to eat well!Special Features:
- Best club sandwich everMeatAndPotatoesDined on 8/7/2014I wanted to eat lunch someplace unique during my first visit to Lexington, and Dudley's was just a few minutes' walk from my convention. The service was great, although my server could not recommend anything because he had not eat but a few menu items. This I found odd. However, everything looked good. I wanted the hot brown, but I knew it would be too heavy given my activities for the rest of the day, so a simple sandwich it was. How pleasantly surprised I was to be served a wonderfully basic club sandwich but made with high quality ingredients. It was very satisfying. The decor was exquisite, and the staff extremely friendly. I'll be back.Special Features:
- Perfect evening thanks to Dudley'sjsowardsDined on 8/3/2014Always great food and great atmosphere, the rooftop patio is a must visit along with a great menu and an atmosphere that makes Lexington proud.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!Seabreezer62Dined on 8/3/2014Great night super service! I had the duck special which was perfect and of course the amazing warm Brussel sprout salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dudleystd36Dined on 8/2/2014A real find. The restaurant was very busy. The wait staff was very professional. They were at your table when you needed them-no push for you to leave.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekMegMcADined on 7/31/2014My fiance and I tried Dudley's on Short during Restaurant Week, and we were not disappointed. It seems like some high end restaurants dumb down their menus for Restaurant Week; not Dudley's on Short. I never wanted to stop eating the wilted kale salad with bacon vinaigrette, and the seared trout with polenta and ratatouille made my taste buds so happy. The transparent pie was perfect. My fiance was similarly happy with his choices: the heirloom tomato salad (both of our first times trying real caviar), lamb porterhouse, and peach cobbler. The service was impeccable. I'm sorry to say I do not remember our server's name. If I did I would post it here!. Thanks, Dudley's on Short, for an amazing meal. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Foodie8Dined on 7/29/2014This was my first time dining at Dudley's on short. I was very pleased with my meal and service. I did participate in restraurant week and will go back to Dudley's. I spoke to friends and colleagues that participated in restraurant week, my meal and menu choices seemed much better than at other participating restraurants.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lexinton Restaurant WeekLexjghDined on 7/29/2014Since we dined here for the first time during Lexington Restaurant Week at the special lower price, I expected to be offered less expensive items OR smaller portions, but I did not expect both. I had the shrimp w/fettucine and vegetables, which contained exactly 5 SMALL shrimp, a small portion of pasta, and not many vegetables. At least they could have bulked up the dish with extra pasta and vegetables to make it seem like we were getting our money's worth. Even extra bread would have been nice, but we each received a single piece. The peach and blackberry "cobbler" that I ordered for dessert was just a plate of cooked fruit with a tiny square of pie crust. Overall, the food was good, but not anything special and not worth $25 per person.Special Features:
- great fooduncleDined on 7/29/2014As always the food was very good. I would recommend this restaurant to all of my friends based on the quality of the menu items. The service was good. And we have had previous experiences where the service was excellent.Special Features:
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014Went on 1st Sat of Lex Restaurant Week. Prix Fixe Entrees offered were not what was published on line.
- finnbluDined on 7/25/2014Wonderful spot to have dinner. Great food and service. Prices on the high side for portion sizes. Peace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/24/20144 of us went on a Thursday night, forgetting that there was an activity right outside the door. The restaurant was very busy, in spite of that the service was spot on-courteous, attentive without making us feel rushed. It was restaurant week and we ate off the fixed price menu. Delicious trout, delicious short ribs. The arugula soup was like water. I'm not sure if it is on the regular menu but I would not order it again. Two of our party had the heirloom tomato salads, also disappointing. But all entrees and desserts we delicious. We wii be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a winnerLife2shortDined on 7/24/2014Dudley's is our favorite for special occasions and restaurant week makes it more special.Special Features:
- Perfect!SteveDined on 7/24/2014Had a perfect lunch on a great afternoon. Food was great, ambiance perfect. Best place I've been in ages and I dine multiple times per week.Special Features:
- Pak2Dined on 7/20/2014Austin was our server and he was wonderful. Very knowledgeable about not only his dishes but his bar selections. It was a fabulous atmosphere and experience for our daughters 21st birthday dinner. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was great!lexingtonfoodieVIPDined on 7/18/2014Had a great meal here- I think the quality of the food is not quite up to par (I was not blown away the way I usually am at higher end restaurants) for the prices but it was made up for by the great service and the endless supply of those amazing breads. Still thinking about that sweet honey wheat roll... Yum!Special Features:
- ReputationMarionDined on 7/18/2014Dudley's has a reputation to stand up to and they do! We had a lovely dinner with friends in the bar.Special Features:
- Great placeLexVegasDined on 7/18/2014Had a wonderful experience here. My wife and I had our 5 year anniversary dinner and the experience made it even better. Great service, food was outstanding and atmosphere was perfect. I'd recommend getting a reservation without a doubt. Gets busy in a hurrySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RQuinnDined on 7/13/2014Food and service were great! Verry, very loud. Back ground noices was terrible. Do not plan to have a quiet conversation.Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceBillVIPDined on 7/9/2014We were visiting my daughter in Lexington and she heard great things about Dudley's but had never been there. We made our reservations through OpenTable and she arrived first and was seated when my wife and I arrived. The food was outstanding and creative. A pressed watermelon salad was a unique experience. The crispy duck special was delicious and the desserts were sublime. Our waiter, Austin, kept our classes and coffee cups full and was there at a moment's notice to meet our every need. I highly recommend Dudley's.Special Features:
- Attentive ServiceDineAroundDined on 7/7/2014We dined on a Monday night for my husband's birthday. The restaurant provided a nice, quiet atmosphere to go along with the great food and a knowledgeable and attentive server. A very nice touch was the birthday sundae to which my husband was treated!Special Features:
- Always terrificzeus50Dined on 7/6/2014We eat here every time we're in Lexington and the food is always great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Out of town dinersJMN1Dined on 7/5/2014The food and service were very good, but the wines were expensive. It is a nice place to go for a special occasion, but it is a bit pricey for frequent dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great serviceFairywinemotherDined on 7/4/2014We have been going to Dudley's for many years. It is one of the best restaurants in Lexington.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We knew it would be good...TheBarnRulesDined on 6/28/2014But we had no idea it would be one of our top five dining experiences. The restaurant is beautiful and, as requested, we got an intimate table out of the way to celebrate a birthday. Our waiter was fantastic - attentive but discreet. The food was superb - some of the best oysters we've had (and we've lived in Florida and on the East Coast). My steak frites was perfection as was my husband's "lamb two ways". They also had our favorite wine (Camus). As a birthday special I received tiramisu - now, I generally am not a fan of tiramisu, but to be polite I had a taste. One of the best desserts I’ve ever had. Next time we are in Lexington, we will be back.Special Features:
- Will not returnBonnieDined on 6/25/2014The salad and the raw oysters were very good. My colleague and I ordered the pasta chicken dish as an entrée. That dish was only average. The most disturbing part of the evening were the small flies that kept swarming around the table. We told our waiter. His explanation was that the windows were open in the bar and that the flies would come in. I finally killed one, and it fell in my wine glass. The waiter did replace the wine. After swatting one fly, two more came swarming to the table. In a "fine" dining establishment, I would expect more sympathy regarding flies in the dining area.
- Great for Lunch!DudleysRocksDined on 6/18/2014Delicious food in a beautiful setting that allowed for a productive lunch meeting!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sooo much Fun!Kfran1097Dined on 6/13/2014Not only was it so much fun the food was excellent and service even better. I can't wait to visit Lexington again so I can have dinner again at this GREAT Place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.