721 Main Street
New Rochelle, NY 10801Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dubrovnikny.com/home
- Phone: (914) 637-3777
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Eastern European
- Executive Chef: Antonio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music Nights
A word from Dubrovnik Restaurant
Dubrovnik Restaurant was founded with the goal of providing our customers with classic Croatian Cuisine in a warm, friendly atmosphere. Dubrovnik Restaurant is the first Authentic Croatian Restaurant in Westchester.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Dubrovnik Restaurant - Best Restaurants in New Rochelle ›
Dubrovnik Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (61)neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (40)good for groups (35)great for outdoor dining (31)notable wine list (25)romantic (22)hot spot (13)great for lunch (11)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (4)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)Show More
- Go for the seafood!SuzyQVIPDined on 11/22/2014I'd heard a lot about this new neighborhood spot and know I know why. Great energy, warm & friendly service. Go for the seafood! The day's selections are presented on a huge platter on ice, fresh and glistening and gorgeous. We chose from clams, oysters, octopus, halibut, tuna, snapper, John Dory, scorpion fish and more -- delicious!I would recommend this to a friend.
- ghhtoothDined on 11/14/2014Great food good service plus good parking at lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/13/2014Everything was great from entry to exit. Our only complaint is that the noise level is quite high. Therefore a group atmospher would be great but not for a quiet evening for two.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More specialFoodie4lifeDined on 11/13/2014My planned evening was extra special..great menu, wine and special dessert. I am sharing you with all my friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommendOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/12/2014Delicious food. Courteous, attentive, friendly and knowledgable wait staff. Excellent wine. Fresh ingredients. The chef obviously takes pride in the quality of his food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/11/2014Had a great first time visit. Our waitress started out bit slow, but that quicker changed. Food was great. We were there for restaurant . Prices are bit high - so will not be a weekly restaurant, just one for special occasions. Our waitress too us on a full tour of restaurant. Really nice touchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of a restaurantHeatherDined on 11/10/2014It has been a long time since I had a meal this good. Service was excellent, and I was given a lovely tour of the restaurant after my meal. I will be backSpecial Features:
- Incredible! A Must!DELICIOUSNESSDined on 11/5/2014Dubrovnik does not disappoint. This is my third visit to this establishment in 5 weeks. The customer service is impeccable. The food is divine, high quality ingredients, prepared with much care and detail. Step out of your go to and allow the staff to recommend some wines from their native country - you won' t be sorry!! LOVE LOVE LOVE Dubrovnik + Valet Parking!! What more can you ask for?Special Features:
- Pleasant surpriseDiner10Dined on 11/1/2014Having tried a few local places and been disappointed we were recommended Dubrovnik. Went on a sat night with my husband. The food is fantastic. We had grilled calamari and octopus to start which were excellent. We then shared a whole snapper which was cooked beautifully. Happy to find a restaurant this great locally for a special occasion. The place was full and lively. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dubrovnik for fine seafoodMJGHVIPDined on 11/1/2014Dubrovnik provided friendly, fine service and very good food on a busy Sat. night. The owners are welcoming, the waiters tried to provide very good service. We liked the Caesar salad, arugula salad, our Romanian red wine. The branzino and tuna entrees were fresh and well seasoned. We liked the accompanying vegetables and risotto. Coffee was mild and not sufficiently hot. In all, we were very pleased.Special Features:
- Perfect AGAIN!DELICIOUSNESSDined on 10/27/2014Two incredibly wonderful experiences in a span of just a few weeks. Another dinner scheduled for next week with some work colleagues. Business or Pleasure - Dubrovnik is impeccable and perfect. Amazing food, incredibly staff who value their guests . . . . .Special Features:
- Croatian gemGiveusagoodpieceoffishVIPDined on 10/25/2014Great experience from the start. We were thankful for the valet parking. We were given a choice of our table. Upstairs dining, which was vibrant and loud, or downstairs which was much more intimate. We chose the latter. Our appetizers were large portions and very tasty. We chose a whole snapper for our entree that the waiter filleted table side. It was the best tasting snapper we ever had. A nice change from the new restaurants that open in Westchester that decor wise look great, but nothing special food and terrible service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My special occasion..Foodie4lifeDined on 10/25/2014was made more special by the elegance. The atmosphere was delightful and relaxing..the wait staff was very accommodating! I had a lovely Croatian Pinot Grigio AND the risotto..excellent!Special Features:
- Exceptional food quality & serviceLSA70VIPDined on 10/24/2014Always well-above the bar. Everything is fresh, well-prepared and healthy and served in a warm, lively and inviting environment. Cannot recommend highly enough!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/23/2014I came to Dubrovnik with family for my brothers birthday. The food was excellent, everything we ate was delicious. The garlicky grilled octopus & calamari was divine and the oysters were big, fresh and sweet. I would definitely return again with family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DubrovnikDubrovnikDined on 10/23/2014We went for lunch and the food and service was outstanding. We went back on a Friday night and the service was not as good and the food was not as good but we would go back.Special Features:
- Great eveningTomKDined on 10/11/2014Took my family for dinner at Dubrovnik for my birthday. Being from Croatia myself I had high expectations, and I wasn't disappointed. We enjoyed Dubrovnik very much, food was great, service was pleasant and quick, wine was great. Restaurant is beautiful and ambiance was great. We had two toddlers in our party and an 11 year old, who is a picky eater, and even they loved the food. Their favorite was crepes with ice cream, of course :)Special Features:
- A TREASURE!!DELICIOUSNESSDined on 10/9/2014Where do I begin? The service is impeccable and MET head on with incredible food, delicately prepared with care and love. The entire team at Dubrovnik LOVE what they do. Serving us with a gorgeous plate of fresh fruit at the end of the our meal and an opportunity to take a tour where we saw their garden out back, fire where they cook the fish year round and then the private rooms downstairs and wine cellar. We already have 2 additional reservations to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently WonderfulNewRoDinerDined on 10/5/2014Since Dubrovnik first opened a little over a year ago, the cooking has been consistent and continues to delight. Although not represented as a seafood restaurant, there are few, if any, restaurants in all of Westchester, including those that categorize themselves as seafod restaurants, which have such a broad selection of fresh fish and other seafood every day of the year. The service is gracious but not intrusive; the decor of fine natural wood and stone is magnificent; and the Croatian specialties are not duplicated anywhere. People who have not yet been here and who enjoy fine dining should not be afraid that this Croatian restaurant is too "ethnic". Be assured, there is something for everyone here (except french fries).Special Features:
- Delicious meal.FoodieDined on 10/4/2014We had just returned from Croatia and wanted to extend our vacation so we headed to Dubrovnik on a Saturday night. Luckily we had made a reservation because the restaurant was full. The owner seemed to know most of the patrons, and they seemed to know each other. We ordered a delicious, tender grilled octopus. I had a special of grilled scallops over linguine and my husband had the arctic char. Both dishes were very good. We had a nice Croatian wine and the kremnishta for dessert. My only complaint is the restaurant was very lively and very loud and it was difficult to have a conversation. We'll be going back but maybe on a quieter night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Seafood so fresh and wonderful I can't eat fish anywhere else now.Special Features:
- FabulousVIPDined on 10/4/2014The only Croatian restaurant around. They take great pride in delivering delicious, fresh, home style Croatian food. My dad is Croatian and this is the only place he will go. The freshest seafood around. Great staff. Fabulous Croatian wines.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/4/2014Very poor service. Had to send two dishes back as couldn't eat them One person in our party only ate a small portion. Owner asked why and she said sauce tasted like tomato soup. He the got annoyed and said it was homemade and perfectly good. Really a stupid comment. Never offer something different or a credit. Won't go back
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/3/2014This was our first time here & it certainly won't be our last. Service & food were both very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodveggieDined on 9/26/2014Food was very good, and fresh. Staff not so good- from Host/Hostess-wait staff- Staff is very unknowing they hover in silence waiting to be seen. Host/hostess don't make eye contact lack warmth and mumble.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Foodjgd420Dined on 9/19/2014Dubrovnik prepares its dishes with fine, fresh ingredients which complement each other beautifully. Fish are featured and the salads are excellent. The branzino is outstanding. The house Sauvignon Blanc is delicious. The outdoor area looks inviting (have sat inside but went out to look at space). The chef has a garden below the terrace in which the vegetables and herbs he grows are sometimes featured in the dishes. Service is good. This is one of the really good restaurants in Westchester.Special Features:
- ExcellentLuvCroatiaDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful dining experience with many traditional Croatian dishes. Brung us back to our roots and country that we haven't a visited in a long time. A true upscale gem. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!smb9132014Dined on 9/13/2014I have been planning for some time now to dine at Dubrovnik. I chose to go on my birthday and I'm glad i did because it was the highlight of my day. I have to say I was very pleased with the food, the decor and the service. If you want to experience what cuisine is like in Dalmatia, Croatia, go to Dubrovnik because they will take you there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 9/10/2014Our meals were excellent and the Croatian red wine surprisingly tasty. The service was good and the noise level not high.Special Features:
- AuthenticfarmerjohnVIPDined on 9/7/2014A must try for croatian foodies. Felt like babas cooking without having to travel to Croatia.Special Features:
- Excellent Food - Very freshezuckDined on 9/7/2014My son had always wanted to try Croatian food and we decided to celebrate his birthday there. We found this restaurant by a simple web search. It was much better than I could have imagined. The salads were crisp, sweet and fresh - straight from their garden. The fish, seared scallops and salmon was exceptional, nice blend of spices, but not overly salty, perfectly cooked and very fresh, not to mention served beautifully. The service was excellent too. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmavenfoodmavenVIPDined on 9/6/2014Ate here Saturday night. Delicious and very fresh ingredients. Salads, fish and desserts were all amazing. Service excellent! would definitely go again. it's nice to have such a good experience at a restaurant on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food - pleasant wait staff - dining is a pleasure at DubrovnikSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cultural TreatPatDDined on 8/29/2014This little gem was such a lovely surprise. We opted to eat outdoors and were able to closely watch the chef grill their fish whole over an open bbq. We couldn't resist trying the golden snapper, which was a delight. Our server, Alexandra, was extremely helpful in making recommendations so we could truly experience the cuisine, making this a truly special treat.Special Features:
- Great find on Route 1DDDDVIPDined on 8/23/2014Dubrovnik is south on Boston Post Road from where you'd expect ... sort of next to nothing. Make the special trip ... you will not be disappointed. We very much enjoyed eating on the outdoor deck (August evening) with the smells of the BBQ grill near us. We had several fish among the four of us, and shared a bottle of Croatian wine recommended by the waiter. The food was delicious, and the owner too special care to ensure we were enjoying our evening. We sat down on time at 7:45pm, and ended up closing the place around 11pm after a totally unrushed, fun evening. The waiter (via the owner) brought us complementary homemade Grappa because we were having so much fun. I recommend Dubrovnik. Go with some friends. Its a real great find!Special Features:
- Dinner for fourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014We had wanted to go to Dubrovnik for ages as we had heard such good things about it. Maybe the hype was too great because we were a little disappointed. We only realised that there was an outdoor area at the rear after we had eaten andbeing out there would certainly have improved the experience. The food was OK but my wife said that the dish she had was done better at our local Greek joint. The service was helpful.
- Destination: DubrovnikBBQfanVIPDined on 8/2/2014From the moment you step inside of Dubrovnik, you have been transported to the Adriatic Coast. The energy, Croatian staff, authentic Croatian cuisine and fresh ingredients blend for a pleasant coastal dining experience. Food preparation and plating - wonderful. I would recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Everything here was wonderful. I would recommend going if in the neighborhood and I will be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 101 reviews are from the Dubrovnik Restaurant reviews archive.
- Fresh fish superbly preparedRAM48Dined on 7/27/2014Once again a wonderful dining experience at Dubrovnik. The service was attentive and the fish simply devine. Perhaps because we were there for an early Sunday dinner, it was quieter than past visits.Special Features:
- A must get to!!!!!WizardmomDined on 7/26/2014Third time back here!!! And that is saying a lot since I do not get out to dinner a lot on Saturday nights- and yet I keep going back to Dubrovnik. Service is terrific and the food is consistently fresh and delicious. The chef brings out the true flavor of the food without smothering it with a hundred different spices and ingredients. The warm octopus salad and roasted salmon are my favorites. Recently tried seared scallops over linguine- Outstanding! Also sat on back patio on last visit and felt like I was dining in Europe!!Special Features: