721 Main Street
New Rochelle, NY 10801Neighborhood:
MediterraneanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dubrovnikny.com/home
- Phone: 9146373777x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Friday - Saturday: 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
Sunday: 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Mediterranean, Eastern European
- Executive Chef: Antonio
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Entertainment: Live Music Nights
A word from Dubrovnik Restaurant
Dubrovnik Restaurant was founded with the goal of providing our customers with classic Croatian Cuisine in a warm, friendly atmosphere. Dubrovnik Restaurant is the first Authentic Croatian Restaurant in Westchester.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMediterranean
Dubrovnik Restaurant - Best Restaurants in New Rochelle ›
Dubrovnik Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (54)neighborhood gem (49)great for outdoor dining (39)special occasion (37)good for groups (20)romantic (15)notable wine list (13)great for lunch (7)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)great for brunch (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentLuvCroatiaDined on 9/14/2014Wonderful dining experience with many traditional Croatian dishes. Brung us back to our roots and country that we haven't a visited in a long time. A true upscale gem. Can't wait to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/2014I have been planning for some time now to dine at Dubrovnik. I chose to go on my birthday and I'm glad i did because it was the highlight of my day. I have to say I was very pleased with the food, the decor and the service. If you want to experience what cuisine is like in Dalmatia, Croatia, go to Dubrovnik because they will take you there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidDined on 9/10/2014Our meals were excellent and the Croatian red wine surprisingly tasty. The service was good and the noise level not high.Special Features:
- AuthenticfarmerjohnVIPDined on 9/7/2014A must try for croatian foodies. Felt like babas cooking without having to travel to Croatia.Special Features:
- Excellent Food - Very freshezuckDined on 9/7/2014My son had always wanted to try Croatian food and we decided to celebrate his birthday there. We found this restaurant by a simple web search. It was much better than I could have imagined. The salads were crisp, sweet and fresh - straight from their garden. The fish, seared scallops and salmon was exceptional, nice blend of spices, but not overly salty, perfectly cooked and very fresh, not to mention served beautifully. The service was excellent too. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodmavenfoodmavenVIPDined on 9/6/2014Ate here Saturday night. Delicious and very fresh ingredients. Salads, fish and desserts were all amazing. Service excellent! would definitely go again. it's nice to have such a good experience at a restaurant on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent food - pleasant wait staff - dining is a pleasure at DubrovnikSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cultural TreatPatDDined on 8/29/2014This little gem was such a lovely surprise. We opted to eat outdoors and were able to closely watch the chef grill their fish whole over an open bbq. We couldn't resist trying the golden snapper, which was a delight. Our server, Alexandra, was extremely helpful in making recommendations so we could truly experience the cuisine, making this a truly special treat.Special Features:
- Great find on Route 1DDDDVIPDined on 8/23/2014Dubrovnik is south on Boston Post Road from where you'd expect ... sort of next to nothing. Make the special trip ... you will not be disappointed. We very much enjoyed eating on the outdoor deck (August evening) with the smells of the BBQ grill near us. We had several fish among the four of us, and shared a bottle of Croatian wine recommended by the waiter. The food was delicious, and the owner too special care to ensure we were enjoying our evening. We sat down on time at 7:45pm, and ended up closing the place around 11pm after a totally unrushed, fun evening. The waiter (via the owner) brought us complementary homemade Grappa because we were having so much fun. I recommend Dubrovnik. Go with some friends. Its a real great find!Special Features:
- Dinner for fourOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/8/2014We had wanted to go to Dubrovnik for ages as we had heard such good things about it. Maybe the hype was too great because we were a little disappointed. We only realised that there was an outdoor area at the rear after we had eaten andbeing out there would certainly have improved the experience. The food was OK but my wife said that the dish she had was done better at our local Greek joint. The service was helpful.
- Destination: DubrovnikBBQfanVIPDined on 8/2/2014From the moment you step inside of Dubrovnik, you have been transported to the Adriatic Coast. The energy, Croatian staff, authentic Croatian cuisine and fresh ingredients blend for a pleasant coastal dining experience. Food preparation and plating - wonderful. I would recommend and return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/1/2014Everything here was wonderful. I would recommend going if in the neighborhood and I will be going again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fresh fish superbly preparedRAM48Dined on 7/27/2014Once again a wonderful dining experience at Dubrovnik. The service was attentive and the fish simply devine. Perhaps because we were there for an early Sunday dinner, it was quieter than past visits.Special Features:
- A must get to!!!!!WizardmomDined on 7/26/2014Third time back here!!! And that is saying a lot since I do not get out to dinner a lot on Saturday nights- and yet I keep going back to Dubrovnik. Service is terrific and the food is consistently fresh and delicious. The chef brings out the true flavor of the food without smothering it with a hundred different spices and ingredients. The warm octopus salad and roasted salmon are my favorites. Recently tried seared scallops over linguine- Outstanding! Also sat on back patio on last visit and felt like I was dining in Europe!!Special Features:
- A new favoriteLauraBDined on 7/23/2014If you love fish this is the place to go! Great grilled whole fish, fresh selections, fun trying new wines from Croatia. I have been here a number of times. It has been consistently goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/20/2014Sitting on the patio feels like you're in a different world. There were a couple of guys playing guitar, you overlook a beautiful vegetable garden, the stonework and brick oven stove transport you to somewhere other than New Rochelle! The fish was very fresh and tasty. The waiter recommended some Croatian wine, which we both liked. Overall, a pleasant visit and we will return.Special Features:
- DubrovnikpeteDined on 7/20/2014Very nice croatian restaurant in New Rochelle, lots of fresh seafood but a bit expensive. Service was fantastic, and the weather was perfect for dinner on the patio that overlooked the herb and vegetable garden. Live music, 2 guitarists, was a perfect addition with several patrons joining in singing several songs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- motekmamaDined on 7/18/2014We had wonderful time and excellent food, fresh barbecued fish and sea food in front of our eyes. Very nice and friendly staff - excellent serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!GcredaroliDined on 7/16/2014I recommend Dubrovnik to anyone and everyone! I've never tried Croatian food before eating at Dubrovnik and it was amazing! I ordered the grilled vegetables to start, which were phenomenal. I had the grilled tuna as my main course and it was so good! The portion was a great size! We tried a bottle of red wine from Croatia and it was outstanding. The pear for dessert was also wonderful! Overall the food was tasty and delicious! We will definitely be back. The restraunt was beautiful and all of the servers were really nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The freshest fish!nyretiredgalVIPDined on 7/13/2014I really enjoy fish lightly grilled with minimal spice so that you can actually taste the real flavor of the fish. At Dubrovnik this is what you get. The calamari, octopus, dorado and red snapper were delicious and properly prepared. Vegetable sides were just ok. An absolute must is the Posip Croatian white wine which is crisp and fruity and pairs beautifully with your fish. The baklava was light and delicious but there was not too much of it. The service was a little spotty - there was only one server in the restaurant and she was overtaxed. However, the servers were very friendly. We will return.Special Features:
- Okay but not greatLAURA14VIPDined on 7/12/2014We had eaten at Dubrovnik once before and really enjoyed it. But this time the noise level was exceedingly high so our party of four had to yell and the service was not that good. The food was okay but given the price and the distance from where we live, there are many better choices.
- Very niceLocalDinerDined on 7/12/2014We had a very nice dinner on the patio - excellent freshly-grilled fish and octopus, a good Croatian wine, good service. We'll be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find in New Rochellejgd420Dined on 7/11/2014Dubrovnik has excellent grilled fish and salads. Everything was fresh and the herbs used were very delicious. The staff is welcoming, friendly, and accommodating. The wine was interesting and the grappa was amazing. Among the best restaurants in Westchester County.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real gemdocky2VIPDined on 7/9/2014This restaurant is a very fine one and such a nice place to have lunch or dinner. Sitting outside when the weather is nice is a very special treat. The balcony overlooks the garden below. For being in a commercial area of New Rochelle, this is an oasis!Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2014Makes you feel as if you are dining out of the country on vacation. All the food was super fresh!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A nice differencehard2pleaseDined on 7/5/2014Nice place for business casual dinning. Great service in a relaxed and very nice environment. A bit loud at times inside, but the drinks and food more than compensate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great DinnercustomerVIPDined on 6/30/2014I loved the sardines marinated in lemon juice. The skate was perfect; poached and with the bone in. It was truly wonderful. My partner had the scallop appetizer which was delicious and the scallops with pasta in a yellow tomato sauce. Exquisite! Deserts were light and delicious. A thoroughly delightful dinner! We will be back again.Special Features:
- PupPupsterDined on 6/29/2014Overall great restaurant, from when we first walked in to the minute we left great service. Food was awesome, service was great and atmosphere was great. Def return !!!Special Features:
- JeanDined on 6/26/2014This is my second time dining here in the past 2 weeks...once was not enough...had to come back for moreSpecial Features:
- Great place!ForestHillerDined on 6/25/2014Authentic Croatian dishes (including the beer and wine!) with excellent service and a very relaxing atmosphere. A true gem!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/21/2014Excellent! My third time dining, each time food is consistently good!Special Features:
- rickVIPDined on 6/21/2014If the wait staff does not know you, you are ignored. Very unfriendly place. Even said something to the owner/manager on the way out about the lack of service. He could not of cared lest. He knew we were not from the area and would not be back.
- A pleasure to eat heredocky2VIPDined on 6/20/2014Now that the weather is nice, we can again sit outside at this wonderful restaurant. It is peaceful and lovely in the back overlooking the garden and such an unexpected pleasure in a commercial area of New Rochelle. The people are lovely tht work here, the food is delicious and the setting just the best.Special Features:
- JeanDined on 6/16/2014The combination of excellent food and attentive waiters made a super evening. One of the staff serenaded us with his an amazing operatic voice. I can not wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find in lower WestchesterRAM48Dined on 6/15/2014Once again Dubrovnik provided an excellent dining experience. A wonderful selection of fresh fish, expertly prepared and graciously served for a perfect Father's Day celebration. Our waiter provided an excellent wine suggestion from a list of unfamiliar wines to accompany our meal. The live music, although unexpected, capped a perfect evening.Special Features:
- Food was outstandingDebraDined on 6/14/2014I saw other positive reviews and decided to try Dubrovnik for myself. The food was outstanding. We had the grilled octopus and octopus salad which were both excellent. We had two of the whole fishes and by far the best fish I've had in a while. Though simply grilled, very tasty and healthy! The service was okay - not horrible but not overly attentive either. They were pretty busy and seemed a bit overwhelmed as the maître 'd was missing in action for 10 minutes while diners kept coming in and waiting for him. Still the food was that good that I'd go back in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, great atmospheremelvie1212Dined on 6/14/2014We loved our dinner at Dubrovnik. My husband and I were out for a date night, so we chose to sit downstairs, away from the more lively scene and the TVs upstairs (although their flat screen TVs are great for anyone who wants to watch a game or have the option). The maitre d' was wonderful, made us feel very comfortable and welcome. We had grilled vegetables and grilled octopus to start and both were flavorful and delicious. For dinner, we both had grilled fish because I had read a review saying that was the way to go. We loved the fish -- branzini and odara, which I had never heard of but the waitress recommended it. Excellent meal, great service, wonderful atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Never Go BackOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 6/14/2014Waitress never provided us with the fish selection. Took order, never to be seen again. Food was dry and no taste. Would not recommend.
- a taste of croatiadgc29Dined on 6/7/2014like vacationing on the coast with a plethora of expertly grilled fish and sea foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mimi29Dined on 6/7/2014The food was excellent. The wait staff were friendly and well informed on all aspects of the menu. Very nice ambience and timely service. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.