DS Tequila Company
3352 N Halsted
Chicago, IL 60657Neighborhood:
Lakeview / East Lakeview
BurgersPrice: $30 and under
DS Tequila Company
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dstequila.com/
- Phone: 7736979127x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily 11am-2am, food service until 11pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern, American, Burgers
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Please contact us for catering events.
- Private Party Facilities: Please contact us for private events. All season patio available for parties.
- Private Party Contact: John Dalton 7738716227x
- Special Events: Taco party. Every day.
A word from DS Tequila Company
D.S. Tequila Company is a THE party spot on North Halsted for small or large groups looking for a fun destination in Lakeview, Chicago. Awesome burgers, great tacos, & premium tequila - setting the standard for good times & unforgettable memories.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
DS Tequila Company - Best Restaurants in Lakeview / East Lakeview ›
DS Tequila Company reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.8Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (10)neighborhood gem (8)good for groups (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (5)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)late-night find (3)special occasion (2)fit for foodies (2)Show More
- go for the beerOvidPDXDined on 9/14/2014Not impressive by the food. The outside sitting area is very nice. The service is attentive.Special Features:
- Amazing FoodRocks81Dined on 9/13/2014Dropped by here before a concert at Wrigley - amazing food, and TRY the ROOT BEER (BEER)... Unbelievable, shouldn't be legal!Special Features:
- Another Sunday dinner at DS TequilaMichaelPVIPDined on 8/3/2014Enjoyed the chips and guacamole with tasty salsas as usual. My friend loved her barbecue chicken salad, and I enjoyed my grilled platter. Beverages were great as usual. Our server was very aloof and disinterested in us. Overall, though, we're glad to have DS Tequila in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Fun spot with good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/1/2014Always a good time at this place. It is situated right ion the heart of Boystown which is the LBGTQ center of Chicago. The restaurant is always filled with wonderful eye candy. The tacos are great but small so get a few of them. The burgers are a good size and will fill you up. Always a great spot to hang after work, grab a bite and a beer and mingle.Special Features:
- Amazing Birthday!!Sanderson2513Dined on 7/13/2014The team at DS really went above and beyond for my Birthday Brunch. They patio is amazing! The food, drinks and service were outstanding! I 100% recommend it for any party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 48 reviews are from the DS Tequila Company reviews archive.
- Lots of energyRestReview2Dined on 5/24/2014We stopped in for dinner and it was packed. Best suited for a casual nite out and wanting to drink. Our table was knocked into quite a few times, but all in all the scene was good entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/4/2014I was redicent about going here because of it's association with Mini across the street but was pleasently surprised. The server was nice it was a little hot in the patio area but overall a great experience.Special Features:
- A little too chaoticchxtenderzDined on 4/5/2014If you're looking to go out and have fun, but just want to snack on something, then this restaurant is okay. As a group of 6 20-something females celebrating a birthday with a dinner reservation, we could barely fit into the doorway because the place was so packed for some March Madness, which is understandable. It was pretty loud and crowded. We all ordered margaritas, some of us getting the jalapeno one, others getting the traditional house recipe. The waiter switched everyone's drinks when he brought them to the table, no big, but when we attempted to give the drinks to the right people, we realized they all tasted the same. I had a burger, which was just ok as the bun disintegrated since it was soaked in sauce. Overall, just fine.Special Features:
- We had a blast!jysapVIPDined on 2/23/2014I had my daughter's 21st birthday party at DS Tequila and everything could not have gone better! Everyone had fun and ate and drank to our heart's content! The service was amazing!Special Features:
- DS Tequila CompBrianDined on 2/14/2014I don't have any complaints about the restaurant. The food and drinks were good! The noise level was good and I typically have problems with background noise. I'll be back and I'd recommend this to my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014Came from ohio for my birthday and was looking for a chill bar and this was the place. Had so much fun and rnjoyed the crowd og peoplee who were there. I will return next time i come back!Special Features:
- Great spot for BrunchButchDined on 2/8/2014I went with here with a couple of friends and my fiance for brunch on a Saturday morning. They said there menu had a bunch of new items and from the ones I tried both myself and off other's plates everything was extremely tasty. They have brunch packages either including bottomless mimosa's or with 2 bloody mary's and a mimosa. I would recommend this to anyone to try if they are looking for a different brunch place then you are used to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great TimeRonALDined on 1/3/2014I thought the service and food were very good. The server was very prompt and made some great food recomendations. We were looking for a restaurant that we have not tried and I must say our venture out of the box was well rewarded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neighborhood bar with good grubchibuilderDined on 1/3/2014Neighborhood bar at roughly Roscoe and Halsted with pretty good wings and burgers. Burgers are notable for using Allen Brothers beef which is, in my opinion, the best you can buy, and for the "toppings." But know that this is definitely a bar. Bring kids only if you are there early and know that everyone gets carded (even if you are the gray-haired guy with two kids at your side).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's alllllright.tatertotsDined on 12/13/2013If my title doesn't give it away, I don't know how else to say it! It was decent. They had a lot of burgers, everyone enjoyed them. Nothing bad to say. But also, nothing exceptional. Typical burger bar. One thing, it's December and they put us in the heated outdoor room... well it was still super cold. We had to eat with our coats on which isn't the best experience AT ALL. This could have been why I was impartial to the place.Special Features:
- Great serviceFoxyMikeDined on 11/25/2013Our bartender Jared was just amazing! Really knowledgeable, professional, yet incredibly friendly and laidback at the same time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!nikkiDined on 11/13/2013Had a great evening here! Started with blackberry margaritas. They were refreshing and for a party of 3, we each had 2 glasses. First the mountain of nachos. The cheese was creamy & we could have made a meal out of them. We also had jalapeno poppers, which were fiery and gooey good, as well as chips with sauce trio. We all ordered different burgers. I highly recommend the Lady Marmalade. Caramelized onions and cheese on a pretzel bun was to die for. I had to take a doggie bag home to keep room for dessert which was a decadent s'mores sundae which had mounds of toasted marshmallow, chocolate and graham crackers and was festively presented with a sparkler on top. Run, don't walk to D.S. Tequila. Really fun place, especially with a group!Special Features:
- Great dinner with friendsMichaelPVIPDined on 11/8/2013We really enjoyed DS Tequila on a Friday. The service was great and quick, the team was really fun. Our beverages were good as usual (Lagunitas IPA on draft, Maker's Mark, and Palomas). We enjoyed tacos (breaded fish and steak were great!), BBQ chicken salad (tasty and huge portion), Texas tenders (huge portion), and a Dee-Lite platter (great chicken and veg platter). We also enjoyed the chips and guacamole and sweet potatoes with that incredibly awesome marshmallow maple dipping sauce - to die for. What made it even better were the great sauces on the side which ranged from tasty to hotter than we expected. The only downside was the bill: a bit pricy $115 before tip for 4 of us. Recommend this good casual dining option on Northalsted.
- ExcellentcalishDined on 11/3/2013I went for my first time to DS Tequila and was fabulous. Great service, nice place, Amazing food and best of all good price. Brunch is excellent I really recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun TimeChicagoDaveDined on 11/2/2013Had friends in from out of town thought I'd try out DS for brunch. I had been there before for dinner and had a great time. I was not disappointed. The amibience was still great for brunch and the skillet selections were pretty good. The $10 mug-sized mimosas are a great deal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!esam88VIPDined on 10/5/2013Awesome place to go for great food. Chorizo quesadillas were outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome ServicePatrickVIPDined on 9/13/2013Had Brian as our server, and he did an amazing job serving a table of 15. He was attentive at our table and others around us. Really top of our game. Tacos are always good, but some of them were cold, not sure if it was the slaw or toppings that caused that. Overall awesome experience as always!Special Features:
- So-so, in so many waysDFIDinerVIPDined on 9/1/2013Went for a quick bite. Had been before, so had reasonable expectations. Despite reservation, told 30 mins for inside table. Ended up being ok since the inside smelled like a frat house basement bar. Outside was far better. Frozen margarita was good; could actually taste some acohol, not always the case at other places. Food ok, nothing special. Despite bacon&cheese, burger was bland. Annoyed that "pretzel bun" was just a whole wheat bun. Mentioned it to server; didn't seem to know or care. Had to explain the difference to him. Manager knew to apologize, follow up with kitchen and made a partial adjustment. Kudos for working the floor and taking action. But not sure it was enough to get me to come back.
- Birthday bashDylanm06Dined on 8/16/2013I went for my 25th birthday before we all went dancing. I loved everything about this place. So much so that my best friends & I have gone back twice in the last week. We just couldn't get enough!! Be patient with drinks & food; it may take 3 minutes longer than you want but the place is always packed! Worth any wait you may have.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wow! We were excited to tryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/3/2013Wow! We were excited to try a new place and we weren't disappointed. The staff was so friendly and we had great service. More importantly, the food was amazing!!!! Each one of us were raving about our meals. We started with the chips and guac and the trio of sauces. The burgers were great-The Dead Texan was delicious. And- save room for the Reeses Smore Sundae!!!! We would definitely recommend this place to everyone!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoriteNicksFlickPicksDined on 7/25/2013My new favorite among Boys Town's multiple good offerings for Mexican food. The drinks and the food are all top-notch from what I can tell after two visits, and completely reasonable in price. Great vibe, especially outside, when the weather cooperates. Both waiters I've had have been really great, too, and the margaritas are hard to beat, especially the less conventional flavors like Blackberry and Pineapple Chipotle.Special Features:
- SOBROSOOOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/19/2013Go hungry ,the food was outstanding 4 of us ate lunch burgers were scandalo delisioso . I had the cobb salad OH MY GOD so good I Recommed DS Tequilas you will not be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013This is a great place for a quick bite and a shot of Tequila! I really enjoyed my time, but keep in mind it is more a bar than a restaurant. Don't expect a quiet restaurant as the music is pumping and the drinks are flowing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A new favoriteFoxyMikeDined on 4/29/2013DS Tequila offers great food specials throughout the week with great margaritas. I'm definitely a fan!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry to sound like an oldOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/6/2013Sorry to sound like an old crank, but the noise level in this place is ridiculous. The food is just average. Why go to a place to have your ears blasted out just to eat mediocre food? I can't think of a reason.
- Tex Mex-Casual and Delicious!mllchicagoVIPDined on 3/15/2013Really enjoyed all the burger and taco options...lots to choose from! A fun casual Tex-Mex atmosphere and food to match. Great for a casual group outing.Special Features:
- I attend this place duringChicagoFoodieDined on 2/1/2013I attend this place during Restaurant Week in Chicago. The bar was energetic. It was definitely buzzing! The food was mediocre at best. My food was served cold. I had to send it back. My husband enjoyed the Fried Green Tomato Burger. The drinks were good. Overall, it was an 'okay' night, but I hate having to send my food back!Special Features:
- I have always experiencedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013I have always experienced a great time at DS Tequila. The atmosphere is always conducive for groups and the staff is always great. The owner is always very friendly and it's very sweet that he took the time to come tell me happy birthday. There's no doubt in my mind that I will be returning for future events, and would even be very interested in seeing if DS Tequila has any volunteering packages or how volunteering-friendly they are. Anyways, continue the great work and thank you for everything that you've done for my friends and me! :)Special Features:
- great food (the tacos areOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/26/2013great food (the tacos are very good: i had: veggie, shrimp and pork, and my husband had steak, chicken fajita and grilled fish: all very good), exceptional service, had a wonderful time!Special Features:
- What's up with that !!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 1/19/2013Checking ID's and if ur not over 21 they won't let you in ?? Seriously ..... What if you just want to eat ? Open table inform patrons that this is their policySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad they were open on newOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/1/2013glad they were open on new year's day. the huge tvs were deafening in the room we sat in. the guacamole tasted like trader joe's brand. nothing fresh served here, but it was a friendly atmosphere overall.
- restaurant was booked forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012restaurant was booked for private party even though we made a reservation on OpenTable. This was not very helpful.
- NEVER AGAINMargolisDined on 12/23/2012The place was pretty empty when we arrived for our early dinner reservation. The host (a guy who came from behind the bar) checked us in on his computer, then led us to the tiniest table in the place, even though plenty of much bigger tables were available. He had to teeter on a chair not even fit for a child, while I crammed my bulky coat, very large frame, and purse in the narrow booth seat side. Kyle was an excellent server. A woman I believe was the manager was friendly. We hurried and left, due to the discriminatory seating being so uncomfortable. We went down the street and ran up a $300 bar tab at a more het-friendly bar. Those big tables were still empty when we left. Their loss.Special Features:
- We went here for a girls nightOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/19/2012We went here for a girls night and had a lot of fun. We went on trivia night so it was pretty packed by the time that started. The food was great! However, I would say my captain drinks were a little weak which was disappointing. But overall we enjoyed this place and would return again!
- The Chipotle Pineapple margaritaOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/3/2012The Chipotle Pineapple margarita is phenomenal! What a great drink with just the right amount of spice! The steak taco has so many amazing flavors--maybe one of the best/most unique tacos I have ever had. And while the other tacos we ordered were very good, they didn't quite live up to the steak. We will definitely be back!Special Features: