1424 Alton Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.drunkendragon.com/
- Phone: 3053978556x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed Mondays! Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 6:00pm - 12:00am; Friday & Saturday 6:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday 6:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Xavier Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: House playlist curated by our family at Drunken Dragon to help set the proper vibe for our guests. Expect classic rock and hip hop from the golden era as well as reggae and pop classics.
A word from Drunken Dragon
Drunken Dragon is an Asian inspired gastro pub. Think Japanese izakaya, mixed with a Korean BBQ restaurant crossed with an English styled tavern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Drunken Dragon - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Drunken Dragon reviews from OpenTable diners
133 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (94)fit for foodies (81)neighborhood gem (67)vibrant bar scene (58)good for groups (53)special occasion (38)late-night find (33)romantic (27)scenic view (5)kid-friendly (3)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- solo diningceceVIPDined on 10/21/2014Solo dining can be unnerving, depending on the servers and service. The staff at DD are professional yet funny and understanding to a woman dining alone. The food choices were amazing, thanks to Anthony. Lobster rolls, bok choy and chocolate jar!!!What treats, I had to take home the amazing bbq chicken, the sauce is perfectly balanced. thank youSpecial Features:
- Don't forget your sweater!RenataDined on 10/18/2014Great place, great food, but... below zero. Even attendants wears a coat.Special Features:
- It was OKmikewDined on 10/18/2014The Inside is quite surprising in a very nice way. completely different from what you'd usually find in mimai. Feels like a place that could be in Williamsburg, Brooklyn. Very nice... Problem I had was that I went there for the Korean BBQ, but only a handful of tables had the actual BBQ. So it's hard to judge. I'm sure the BBQ experience is fun...but otherwise, nothing to write home about... It's like goign to a burger place but you are given the no-burger menu... Overall, i fyou expect the BBQ experience you'll be disappointed... Other than that, the staff was nice, reservation was on time although a saturday...
- As good as it getsOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Food amazing decor great service terrific... Took my sister for her birthday a friend also joined us all three of us hands down were.. I've already recommended it... totally impressed with the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- top 5 rest on beachBrandonDined on 10/15/2014You can basically get any dish on the menu here. I always like to get a table to cook on, makes the experience more funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food - hidden locationannieDined on 10/12/2014The food here was the type that excites your taste buds! Tuna Tataki flat bread with creamy wasabi sauce - yum! And if you arrange beforehand, you can have your own fire cooker for the Korean BBQ selection. We didn't do that, but it looked really cool! This place is kind of hidden on Alton Rd - Outside all you see is "MARKET"Special Features:
- A South Beach GemFoodforthoughtDined on 10/8/2014The combination of creative cuisine coupled with attentive service is a rarity on South Beach.........Drunken Dragon has nailed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!foodywinoVIPDined on 10/4/2014The food is amazing! No need to sit at the grill tables to get great food. Most of the menu items that are not from the grill are my favorite. Crispy bok choy is sooo good. Loved the sambal snapper and the pork shoulder. If you want to go healthy the salads are delicious. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Brave addition to Alton RdJoe3Dined on 10/2/2014Investing in a restaurant on Alton Rd in the midst of this horrible construction is commendable! The place is a mixture of izakaya, ceviche, Chinese comfort food and Korean bbq. Say whaaat? After a few drinks off of the excellent wine/beer/sake/cocktail list, and a look around the beautifully redone interior, it starts to make sense though, especially on SoBe where everybody (including this reviewer) is from somewhere else anyway. The quality of the ingredients is excellent, and the food is well executed. The service is hipster-friendly, and there is a good vibe, but you can still have a conversation. So as unlikely as it seems, all of it somehow works, and we'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- Different atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/29/2014Amazing cocktails. The grilling table was fun. The sauces was amazing. I love that they tell you what is on your dish. Had a wonderful night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hottest restaurant in south beach.Cris2512Dined on 9/27/2014Drunken dragon is what the best spots in south beach are all about. Great atmosphere, amazing decor, and amazing food & drinks are what this trendy spot have to offer. Make sure to have a reservation and look out for the red market sign to find this hidden gem. Come early for a romantic dinner and later for a wilder time. The food and drinks are top of the line & reasonably priced for sobe. Only the patrons can be pretentious, the staff is top notch. Get ready for great service, Korean BBQ and signature drinks. Drunken Dragon delivers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT a Korean restaurantDianaDined on 9/20/2014My husband and I were very excited when we found out a Korean BBQ restaurant had opened up in our hometown. We are fans of Korean BBQ and lived in NJ for many years where there's a significant Korean population. We were very impressed with the decoration and ambiance of the place. It is very nice and trendy. We wanted to start with some Soju (well known Korean drink at authentic K rest) and we were told they didn't carry any type of Soju. So we ordered from their drink's menu and were very pleased with our choices. We decided to order two "plates to share" and a beef BBQ order. Everything was delicious but the BBQ was just 6, half inch, pieces of meat that tasted like if it had been cooked in the broiler. Not Korean, just a trendy rest.Special Features:
- Authentic styleFoodloverDined on 9/19/2014Coming from toronto, which has a MASSIVE ASIAN culture, this place was very reminiscent of authentic korean BBQ. Obviously over-priced compare to a traditional one but really cheap for south beach considering the high-quality (and extremely tasty) dishes! I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- finally a korean a korean bbq !LA2MIADined on 9/17/2014Moving to SoBe from LA i missed so many things. One of them was a korean bbq. a little noisy but still has a nice ambiance. The quality of meet to cook on the barbecue was good, however the portions could be little better for the price. service definitely needs to improve. it took 15 min, to get someone to our table with a glass of water.Special Features:
- It's ALL about the barDineinSoFloDined on 9/17/2014My husband & I arrived early for a 9pm reservation. Our table wasn't ready & the hostess offered us a seat at the bar for pre-dinner drinks and appetizers. We ended up enjoying our full dinner experience at the bat all because of the bar tender, SARAH. She was very knowledgeable of the menu and whipped up some amazing drinks. She made all of the difference in our dining experience.Special Features:
- Great PlaceThomasVIPDined on 9/16/2014Everything was great here! The duck confit is to die for. The service was great too. Cool atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a total letdownCarlosDined on 9/14/2014Expectations were high......delivery very poor!!! Food very poor.......ambiance........very poor.......Nothing to write home about!!!!!!
- drunk in loveeatlikeaproDined on 9/14/2014this place is amazing. great food, ambiance beer selection and people.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TERRIBLY DISAPPOINTING FOOD!!!EvatatianaDined on 9/14/2014Our male bartender was grouchy and had a terrible personality... Green Jasmine tea from a bottle, opened rudely AND $6???? Then we were taken to our table and advised no tenderloin strips available and only had 4 of the 10 meat items on BBQ menu. No genuine Vietnamese Pho soup either. Got 6 medium size shrimps and no sides for $18! Shanghai Fried rice what a rip-off! It was hard, uncooked, had a few green onion and scrambled egg pieces you needed a microscope to detect. To top off the worst food experience in my life, the mochi dessert did not contain ice cream inside like real mochi, it was pieces of mochi dough on top of regular ice cream. What an insult to Asian cuisine! Would not recommend this restaurant to a friend or enemy!
- Great Food!!!PreciousVIPDined on 9/14/2014We were vacationing in Miami when the news did a segment on this place. We instantly made reservations and it did not disappoint! You have to be quick because it really is a 1st come 1st served restaurant if you want to get a "special" seat at the in table grills. It's a great place to have a cocktail and enjoy your friends. The lobster roll and wings were to die for! The chimichurri sauce on the skirt steak was phenomenal. I could go on but you have to see for yourself! The only issue is parking is a task given there is street construction but they do offer valet for $15.00. You may miss the place because the name isn't located anywhere outside the buuilding it just says "MARKET" in huge red letters above the door.Special Features:
- MisleadingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/12/2014The food was excellent however there are only 6 tables that actually have the BBQ at the table and you need to reserve those ahead of time. The hostess tried to seat my boyfriend (6 foot 2 inches) at a small very low to the ground table where he did not fit. With a reservation, that should never happen. We had to wait for a table in the dining room and only had a selection of half of the menu because we were not at the BBQ tables. With that said the food was great and our waiter was excellent but the experience could have been better and was misleading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Korean BBQ done allFoodie4lifeDined on 9/11/2014Drunken dragon fails to deliver. The food here tastes good. But te portion is very minute. I left here spending over 100.00 and felt like I ate an appetizer. Overall the food in Miami and southbeach doesn't compare to NYC, nj, or Philadelphia or Chicago.
- Amazing!SydlizDined on 9/9/2014Service food cocktails waitress tina all great. Book bbq tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and fun!LuckyPalmVIPDined on 9/7/2014We had a great time :-) and the bar service and table service has improved since our last visit. More friendly and welcoming! The food was delish as always and the waiter did a perfect job recommending the type and number of dishes to order. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice to have The Dragon !!ChefAdamDined on 9/6/2014Great addition to the neighborhood dining scene. I'm sure this place will give Khong River House a run for its money. For the most part the food was good some dishes missed the mark but the flavors were there. Cocktails were excellent service is great all in all a fun nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great conceptFlamingoGirlDined on 9/5/2014Awesome drinks, concept is great. My expectations when I made my reservation were very high on food and drink, food was under seasoned for my preference. I will try again for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingYummiesDined on 9/5/2014It appears to be a new restaurant still trying to establish itself. The servers were good and attentive. However, the food overall was okay. Nothing special at all for what we paid, we had the edamame, twice fried chicken, short ribs, buns. I ordered from the regular menu, if I ever return, I would definitely try to sit at one of the bar-b-que tables. Doubt I will be back.... too many other good restaurants to go to.
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/4/2014We had heard about Drunken Dragon and we loved what we experienced. Very define flavors in everything that was served to us. the Pork Buns were out of this world.Special Features:
- Waste of timeDanielaDined on 8/29/2014Went three hours before reservation to have a chance of being seated before. Not only did they never call us we spent $130 at the bar and never got to sit down. The girls at the front were letting anyone that gave them a tip in before us. Not cool. We left at 11:00 after getting there at 8:00pm. The girls in the front are totally unaware of how to handle guests. Never again.
- Looks can be deceivingfoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014An unmarked door in a seedy strip plaza turns out to be a cool and delicious new eatery in Miami. I thought the place would be a themed type Korean restaurant with lots of gimmicks, but it turned out to be a really grat dining experience. We especially enjoyed the Peking Bao, the Crack Spare Ribs,the Skirt Steak, the Brussel Sprouts and the Stone Pot Rice. We are looking forward to our next visit to try some other dishes. Jason was our excellent waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Get there early to get the BBQ table to grill your own food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place great foodDrTast3budsDined on 8/27/2014Almost walked by the place as it is very hidden in a small strip mall between a subway and a dominos. Walked in to discover a very trendy , very happening for Wednesday night lovely dinner spot. The food was delicious as was the drinks and the service. I will be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LeslieC42Dined on 8/22/2014Went there on Friday and had a blast! Yes there is a wait but to those reviewers who give it lass stars because of that you are not being fair. The place is packed and you would not have to wait if you did not want a BBQ table where you cook yourself. However its worth the wait. I actually went with a vegetarian/fish only friend and she LOVED it. The side dishes are great, rice, noodles, beat salad, etc. The meat is great cuts and add the sauces to make it amazing! Fourth time there. LOVE ITSpecial Features:
- Super foodJoeFDined on 8/22/2014Awesome menu with great choices. Food was excellent and different. Immediately it's one of our favorites. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- delicious short ribsmediocreVIPDined on 8/20/2014Cute and cozy atmosphere, nothing too fancy but the food was very good. My favorite was the short ribs and Brussels sprouts. Service could have been better but I cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great additionVincentDined on 8/15/2014Great new restuarant on the beach. Always good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you would never know...tinabDined on 8/13/2014so behind the dark glass windows and no name walls this restuarant was awesome the drinks were great and the food super, saw alot of old time faces from the core of south beach in its hay days.. Our waiter was terrible i kept trying to engage in whats good to order and he was just a dud, but nonetheless our experience was great!!!!Special Features:
- FunEleonoraDined on 8/12/2014Great interesting and fun. Not a twice a week type of place.Special Features:
- A breath of fresh firenewtomiamiDined on 7/30/2014This is what's been missing in Miami. Hands-down the best Asian in the 305. Every dish was packed with unique flavor and texture. The popcorn we couldn't get enough of. Great vibe and service too. Get there before the rest of Miami discovers it and reservations become harder to score than a goal against die Mannschaft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit, beware 20% Svc ChgmiamispiceVIPDined on 7/30/2014Some of the staff are really good and informed, some not. Starting with the surly hostess, & rude food runner. Our waiter was pleasant but could have been more helpful in the decision making. Food is pretty pricey & not all good. Beet salad is not roasted as claimed rather steamed, peeled, left in the fridge till service, water logged & chilly on top of yoghurt sauce, leaves a runny dripping mess on the plate, on top a handful of dry arugula leaves tossed in for looks only. The kim chi also freezing, lacked flavor because of that. Worthwhile , pulled pork with buns, stone pot rice peking bao,brussels were overly sweet & cloying. Crispy, bok choy just ok, skip dessert. I sent back a glass of wine since it came from an uncorked open bottleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.