1424 Alton Road
Miami Beach, FL 33139Neighborhood:
Miami Beach / South Beach
AsianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.drunkendragon.com/
- Phone: 3053978556x
- Hours of Operation:
Closed Mondays! Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 6:00pm - 12:00am; Friday & Saturday 6:00pm - 1:00am; Sunday 6:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Korean, Asian
- Executive Chef: Xavier Torres
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Wheelchair Access
- Entertainment: House playlist curated by our family at Drunken Dragon to help set the proper vibe for our guests. Expect classic rock and hip hop from the golden era as well as reggae and pop classics.
A word from Drunken Dragon
Drunken Dragon is an Asian inspired gastro pub. Think Japanese izakaya, mixed with a Korean BBQ restaurant crossed with an English styled tavern.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerLate Night Find
Drunken Dragon - Best Restaurants in Miami Beach / South Beach ›
Drunken Dragon reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (50)fit for foodies (43)neighborhood gem (37)vibrant bar scene (34)good for groups (26)special occasion (26)late-night find (25)romantic (18)kid-friendly (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Waste of timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014Went three hours before reservation to have a chance of being seated before. Not only did they never call us we spent $130 at the bar and never got to sit down. The girls at the front were letting anyone that gave them a tip in before us. Not cool. We left at 11:00 after getting there at 8:00pm. The girls in the front are totally unaware of how to handle guests. Never again.
- Looks can be deceivingfoodieVIPDined on 8/29/2014An unmarked door in a seedy strip plaza turns out to be a cool and delicious new eatery in Miami. I thought the place would be a themed type Korean restaurant with lots of gimmicks, but it turned out to be a really grat dining experience. We especially enjoyed the Peking Bao, the Crack Spare Ribs,the Skirt Steak, the Brussel Sprouts and the Stone Pot Rice. We are looking forward to our next visit to try some other dishes. Jason was our excellent waiter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Get there early to get the BBQ table to grill your own food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LeslieC42Dined on 8/22/2014Went there on Friday and had a blast! Yes there is a wait but to those reviewers who give it lass stars because of that you are not being fair. The place is packed and you would not have to wait if you did not want a BBQ table where you cook yourself. However its worth the wait. I actually went with a vegetarian/fish only friend and she LOVED it. The side dishes are great, rice, noodles, beat salad, etc. The meat is great cuts and add the sauces to make it amazing! Fourth time there. LOVE ITSpecial Features:
- Super foodJoeFDined on 8/22/2014Awesome menu with great choices. Food was excellent and different. Immediately it's one of our favorites. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- delicious short ribsmediocreVIPDined on 8/20/2014Cute and cozy atmosphere, nothing too fancy but the food was very good. My favorite was the short ribs and Brussels sprouts. Service could have been better but I cant wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great additionVincentDined on 8/15/2014Great new restuarant on the beach. Always good food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- you would never know...tinabDined on 8/13/2014so behind the dark glass windows and no name walls this restuarant was awesome the drinks were great and the food super, saw alot of old time faces from the core of south beach in its hay days.. Our waiter was terrible i kept trying to engage in whats good to order and he was just a dud, but nonetheless our experience was great!!!!Special Features:
- FunEleonoraDined on 8/12/2014Great interesting and fun. Not a twice a week type of place.Special Features:
- A breath of fresh firenewtomiamiDined on 7/30/2014This is what's been missing in Miami. Hands-down the best Asian in the 305. Every dish was packed with unique flavor and texture. The popcorn we couldn't get enough of. Great vibe and service too. Get there before the rest of Miami discovers it and reservations become harder to score than a goal against die Mannschaft.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visit, beware 20% Svc ChgmiamispiceVIPDined on 7/30/2014Some of the staff are really good and informed, some not. Starting with the surly hostess, & rude food runner. Our waiter was pleasant but could have been more helpful in the decision making. Food is pretty pricey & not all good. Beet salad is not roasted as claimed rather steamed, peeled, left in the fridge till service, water logged & chilly on top of yoghurt sauce, leaves a runny dripping mess on the plate, on top a handful of dry arugula leaves tossed in for looks only. The kim chi also freezing, lacked flavor because of that. Worthwhile , pulled pork with buns, stone pot rice peking bao,brussels were overly sweet & cloying. Crispy, bok choy just ok, skip dessert. I sent back a glass of wine since it came from an uncorked open bottleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best Miami Restaurants!MiamiFoodie1Dined on 7/29/2014Drunken Dragon is my new favorite restaurant in Miami! Not only is the atmosphere great but the service has been exceptional from the day it opened. The food is incredible and the flavor pairings are some of the best I have ever had. I enjoyed items made from the kitchen above the bar b que prepared at the table. I could not get enough of the Peking BAO & The Short Stack Ribs, the Kimchi was amazing and I was astounded by the truffled pop corn as an appetizer. There is not a sign on the outside of the building so most do not know the restaurant even exists, which makes this restaurant an even better find.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Taste bud sensation!!!seethefoodcriticDined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing. So many different flavors combined perfectly. The short ribs, lobster rolls and bok choy were my favorites. The dipping sauces were excellent too. This place is definitely fit for foodies. Atmosphere was lovely dim, romantic yet energetic at the same time.Special Features:
- food ok, but owner rudeTheCulinaryDivaDined on 7/25/2014The food was good, but they severd the wine in water glass, and the chocolate brownie dessert was a liquid jar of uneatable mess. When We spoke to one of the owners about it , (since both of us are chefs and know how food should look and taste), he was extremely rude. I would not eat there again, nor recommend anyone going there. There is not even a sign out front.. the owner thinks it's cool to make you have to call to find the joint. Also there is no parking, you have to park several streets down and walk through dirt and construction to get to the place.
- Fun and EnergeticMIMIDined on 7/20/2014A brave opening in the awful torn up area of Alton Rd. It's full of good food and vibes. The service is a little iffy but will improve with time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Dragon DeliveredSouthBeachLocalDined on 7/19/2014First off all... I love how the restaurant is in a hole in the wall and yet when you walk in, you feel like you've entered a secret place outside Miami. The service was fantastic and by fantastic I mean staff was well spoken, understood the menu and announced each dish along with a short description when it arrived. Parking is an issue as Alton is under construction but I will definitely be back. The Ribs and Ducks are A+ I didn't care too much for the Edamame but the crispy bok choy was delicious!Special Features:
- LeslieC42LeslieC42Dined on 7/18/2014Such great food and a really good experience. It looks like a different experience from the outside then the inside. You may have to wait for a table but it is totally worth it.Special Features:
- Amazing spotCarla0522Dined on 7/16/2014Great ambience, beautiful establishment , friendly service ... Great different food,, overall great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crouching tiger, Hidden restaurantScrotorDined on 7/6/2014Sneaky restaurant with interesting menu. Mainly Korean but with dabs of Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, and American dishes. You will need to get a special reservation to get a Korean grill otherwise the Korean bbq is pre cooked for you. The food is well prepared. Our duck had crispy skin and was perfectly cooked. They mixed my Stone pot rice for me (bi-bim bop) which I didn't much care for, but the rice was crispy and mixed well with the egg. I will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Experience!anveatingDined on 7/3/2014Dined here last weekend with my wife and another couple and had a great experience. A beautifully designed and unexpected interior for its low key location in a quiet strip mall. The food was great, as was the service. Creative, tapas style menu with nice wine options, and some great beer and sake. We tried several dishes, no complaints on any, but remember the lobster roll and kimchi carbonara as favorites. Looking forward to next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!LuckyPalmDined on 7/3/2014Best new neighborhood spot in SoBe in long time!! Great drinks, excellent food and wonderful welcoming service! Nice bar ambiance too. A bit pricy for the portion size being so small, but rather pay for quality than quantity :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant not open for businessFrenchyVIPDined on 6/30/2014i book a reservation on open table, after having a hard time finding parking with all the construction around..briging a client to dinner, i found out the restaurant is closedSpecial Features:
- greatdinerDined on 6/26/2014Very cool restaurant. Looks like an abandoned building space from outside, but when you go in you're amazed at 1. How much bigger it is from the inside, and 2. How nice it is. My one complaint is that it can be a bit too dark to the point where it is difficult to read the menu. For was great however.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- neilgoodmanVIPDined on 6/22/2014Drunken Dragon is an excellent casual dining experience. The menu is quite varied with the chef's inspiring take on Korean cuisine including Korean grilling at the table. The staff is very friendly and helpful with prompt service. Strong recommendation. We will be back often.Special Features:
- good food, will come back againOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/19/2014The food was really good and interesting combinations. Quality is very good. The service needs some improvement but you can't expect more from a restaurant open only 3 days. Hopefully it will improve.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!LeslieC42Dined on 6/18/2014Awesome place!!! The outside may fool you. In total Foxhole tradition there is no sign outside. Once you go in its got a cool NYC vibe. The food was delicious !!! Short Ribs and tenderloin were tender and amazing. Jason our server was polite, knowledgeable and on top of it. South Beach needed this place and a must. Cool factor 10!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Drunken Dragon reviews archive.