619 Sleepy Hollow Ln.
Laguna Beach, CA 92651Neighborhood:
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://driftwoodkitchen.com/
- Phone: 9497157700x
- Hours of Operation:
Driftwood Kitchen is open 7 days a week
Breakfast Mon-Fri 9am-11am
Lunch Mon-Fri 11:30am-2:30pm
Brunch Sat & Sun 9am-2:30pm
Stateroom Bar is open daily from 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Californian
- Executive Chef: Rainer Schwarz
- Dress Code: Resort Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Driftwood Kitchen
Driftwood Kitchen features a classic California Coastal vibe that reflects the breathtaking oceanfront views, and a menu with the freshest and finest seafood, steaks and hand-shucked oysters.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Driftwood Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Laguna Beach ›
Driftwood Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
207 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (179)great for outdoor dining (176)romantic (91)fit for foodies (86)special occasion (84)great for lunch (76)neighborhood gem (74)great for brunch (71)hot spot (40)vibrant bar scene (30)good for groups (26)notable wine list (24)kid-friendly (14)late-night find (13)Show More
- Loving this new Laguna RestaurantdagmarVIPDined on 10/19/2014We were so pleasantly surprised with dining at Driftwood Kitchen for the first time. Bottom line... we will go back frequently. The cuisine was unexpected, unusual, and absolutely delicious. Great atmosphere, casual but elegant at the same time. Highly recommend... but hate too if it means they will be too busy for us when we need a table :)!Special Features:
- Don't bother!MaryDined on 10/17/2014Unless you simply want "buzz" this is not the place to go.
- Lovely beachside dininglovelagunaDined on 10/13/2014Any time I am able to dine outside on one of our beautiful so Cal beaches, I am a happy diner. As long as I can sit outside and enjoy the surf with a nice cocktail, I am good. I chose the Driftwood to take an out of town, land locked team member from Colorado to dinner. I expected a nice view and an okay dinner. What I got was a really nice view, a wonderful dinner and great service all with the super relaxed beach vibe that I like. The food, was excellent. We stuck with all small plates and shared. There were too many items that sounded delicious that we had to try several. The meals were pricy for their size and dinner roles should be free but all up, it was a wonderful dining experience. Know that you must valet and plan on $15.00.Special Features:
- Go For the View but Enjoy the FoodEatLikeAQueenDined on 10/10/2014Most great view restaurants have okay food. But, this restaurant has both. We a table on the outside edge of the dining right on the water. The beauty of Laguna is breathtaking. However, the food is equal to the view. Inventive food and drink menu items. In particular, the food is plated and served beautifully. Lots of small plates to share or a great place for a burger and a beer. Go, enjoy, you won't be sorry! Service is good and valet parking make in and out easy.Special Features:
- Best Ocean View in Orange CountyTellLikeItIsDined on 10/4/2014The restaurant is right on the edge of the water with unobstructed view of the ocean. Wide selection of appetizers. Decent wine list. Staff is young, energetic, and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not sureOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/4/2014Had a few dishes that were very good...scallops, halibut, gnocchi. Stay away from the parker rolls....you would hope they would be soft and buttery etc but they were dry and uninteresting. The sticky toffee cake for dessert was not as rich and gooey as you would hope....average at best. Service was unanttentive as is quite often at "views with a restaurant" rather than "restaurants with a view." Definetly willing to try again. Never judge a restaurant by one visit unless it's really bad I feel.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the view, stay for the foodRammerDined on 10/4/2014One of the best, somewhat hidden views in Laguna Beach!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momoDined on 10/3/2014Disappointed on my second visit here. I thought the food was overpriced , 1 Crab cake for $15? I will try The Deck restaurant next time. All the tables are outside rather than here, with only a few actually outside over the water. It was unusually hot in Laguna and we were broiling inside !
- 14meDined on 10/1/2014The changes made to the restaurant are great & they maintained the great dining patio. The menu is not easy to navigate; we found that we had to ask several questions to understand what they were serving. We ordered carrot cake for dessert and were very disappointed.Special Features:
- Disappointedpassion4foodDined on 9/30/2014VERY noisy. Food good but nothing special. Service not great. We are Laguna Beach residents and are always excited when a new restaurant opens in town but unfortunately we were not impressed.Special Features:
- So disappointedFancyCatVIPDined on 9/27/2014The good part - the halibut was very good. We were split on the pea puree under the halibut - one liked it and the other guest did not. The dry lavender pumpernickel toast with the bland panna cotta detracted from the skimpy little dollop of beets which were good. The lentil soup was too salty while the sweetness of the gazpacho was too much. The quinoa salad was okay The kale Caesar with Brussels sprouts didn't work. We ordered the $5 parker house roll just to see. Pedestrian with cheese melted on top - yuck! The entrees came out before the soup and salads were removed so we had to hold them in our laps to clear space. Then when they removed those plates, we had to wait several minutes for forks making our entrees cold.Special Features:
- Nice place for a lunch/brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 9/27/2014The place is very nice. I would recommend it for a lunch or brunch with a great ocean view. The food was good ( had a chicken kale ceaser salad) and in the right portion. A little bit pricey (45 USD for a salad and a glass of champagne), but you have to consider also the location. Service is good and quite rapid.Special Features:
- Not that great...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/25/2014We had heard many good things about this restaurant and wanted to try it. We booked a reservation and invited friends of ours to join. We all love poke and ordered the appetizer special for the evening. It was horrible! Parts of it were cooked? Poke is suppose to be raw. My friend ordered the steak medium and it was rare. The gnocchi was not that great, drowning in butter with no real flavor. The wine and atmosphere was great, food not so much
- Location, location, locationMaddieDined on 9/25/2014Great view of the ocean and beach. The weather was great. It may be a problem when it is raining, since it is outside with no roof.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eureka!EurekaVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great restaurant, very nice waitress, very friendly and good command of menu/food knowledge. The view is as good as it gets in Laguna Beach but the food and service are also done well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurant experienceMagsDined on 9/23/2014We loved Driftwood Kitchen. It is much more modern now that it has been redone. The view is fantastic, we enjoyed the menu and the food was wonderful. The Hamachi appetizer was delicious and all of our entrees were great. The dessert menu didn't jump out at us but overall we loved this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing view,spot on service & menuLLEAVVIPDined on 9/23/2014Beautiful venue for any occasion especially to host a special event with spot on service and well arranged menu. A few must try's are the "I See Clearly" drink, it was quite surprising, refreshing and delicious! Also, the kale chicken caesar and to finish the gluten free rocky road dessert, props to Pastry Chef RENE BAEZ for that creation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceLacydinesDined on 9/20/2014Best restaurant in Laguna. Fine dining at its best with a fabulous view. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday at DriftwoodBIRTHDAYSDined on 9/20/2014I always enjoy Driftwood and it is great to try different menu items. But don't get wierd on me guys. Keep it real. And suggestion. While Kale is great so are other greens. Not too many choices for salads. Would love to see it grow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great placejudeajoyDined on 9/18/2014Oh how lovely this place has improved 100% the food is outstanding and very good serviceSpecial Features:
- brandyDined on 9/18/2014It was a relaxing scenic lunch. We had Quinoa Salad and Tuna Salad which we enjoyed. Our waiter, Dale was very attentive and friendly. Surrounded by gret ocean views and good food we were very happy and would recommend this restaurant to friends and family.Special Features:
- Masterpiece ViewAtTheDinnerTableWithLoveDined on 9/17/2014A nice evening, but the high-end price did not match the food served. The Lamb was average and the cherry tomatoes were bland as was the dollop of mashed potatoes hiding under the Lamb. The Omaha Steak was average. The drinks were average. The view watching the sunset was a masterpiece. Waitress was sweet. No condiments on table to snack on while drinking. A small plate of olives would have been nice and prompted me to order more small plates before dinner. Very high noise level. I don't mind noise, but this noise/chatter was as if you are in a tunnel. I am not sure they have discovered their niche quite yet. It's a beautiful location. Hoping they will enhance the preparation and seasoning of their dinner plates so that I can say WOW!Special Features:
- Food was really mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/14/2014Overpriced for this type of food. Had a whole Bronzino. It was fried in a curled shape. Too crispy and no fish knife. The shrimp linguine were taste less and too buterry.Special Features:
- Wonderful Dining ExperienceMichaelVIPDined on 9/14/2014This restaurant has it all. The view is spectacular (right on the beach) and the food was also terrific. The service was very good. The hostess stand was a little disorganized and they could do a better job but once you sit down, everything is great. It would be hard not to recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!patriceVIPDined on 9/12/2014The food was great, the ambiance beautiful, romantic, hip & breathtaking views, the service great - food came out so fast & servers very friendly & attentive. Highly recommend & one of my new fav spots!Special Features:
- Great view but disappointing foodlgnabch1Dined on 9/11/2014My spouse and I went for his birthday dinner. Had a great table on outside patio overlooking the ocean. Ordered oysters on the 1/2 shell and house fries for appetizers. The fries were ok but the oysters were tiny and way overpriced. Ordered halibut and a steak/pork belly combo for dinner. The halibut was delicious and perfectly prepared but the steak/pork belly entrée was very disappointing. The menu/wine list is very confusing and everything is overpriced, especially the wines. There are so many other great restaurants in Laguna that aren't so pricey. If you want to check this place out, recommend going for lunch and enjoy the view.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Perfect evening and sunset. Great small plate selection. A little pricey. Small plates can creep up on you and add up on the final bill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special nightYummyDined on 9/7/2014Certainly helped that the sunset was one if the most beautiful Ever. Everything was good though. Perfect evening with my husband and two good friends. It was a birthday celebration for me and staff made me feel special. Halibut was perfect as was all the food loved the quinoa salad. We shared crab cake and another appetizer. Yummy. Love the tribute cocktails. Can't beat the view.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/7/2014It was our anniversary and we had a great time! We got the best seat in the balcony overlooking the ocean. Food was good and we had the best time! Will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Breakfast so soOCfoodjunkieDined on 9/7/2014We had reservations at 9:00 when they opened. While the food was just ok, the service was very poor. They have a very limited breakfast menu. First we ordered a basket of muffins and pastries and the waiter came back and said they didn't have any. It was a long wait between then and when he took our order. After we ordered he informed us that the muffins had arrived. Which means they didn't prepare them there. We were at our table 1 hour before we got our food. When we were finish with our meal, no one came to clean our table of six and we sat there another 30 minutes with a dirty table. Overall, we were there 1 1/2 hours. Nice view of the ocean but that was the only highlight.
- Overall opinionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014I think the place could be cleaner! It was even hard to handle the menu's, they were all so sticky. The food could use a little more TLC. The concept is great but I just think that there needs to be a little more attention to all the above categories!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:
- BreakfastcalidreaminDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed a beautiful ocean front breakfast on our last day in Laguna. My pancakes with fruit were perfect. The coffee was very good. The service was friendly and attentive. We will return next time we visit Laguna Beach.Special Features:
- A huge disappointmentDiscerningTasteVIPDined on 9/4/2014Ridiculous pricing for the size of the portion. Clearly you are paying for the view that only 8 people get to enjoy. I requested an ocean view. I called 4x to see how full they were and explain the reason for the patio seating request They were non committal. The afternoon of the reservation I called only to learn that the patio was 1st come 1st serve for parties of 2. It was a Thursday night after Labor Day-not busy. They did NOT grant my wish and my engagement did not go off a planned. Instead, they gave the patio 2 top tables away, prior to my 630 reservation and could not even hold a table for me, to execute my sentimental occasion. This only addresses the service, doesn't begin to address the food. I will NEVER go there again!Special Features:
- Great find!lives2dineDined on 9/4/2014Tried to get to the Deck but found out this opened. It was a great find!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best casual dining at the beachjb2bVIPDined on 8/31/2014It's hard to find great food with a view like this. This one's a keeper.Special Features:
- AMAZING!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We were so impressed with DK! Best burger I think either of us has ever had- perfect juicyness and the vine ripe tomato was delicious. The view on the patio cannot be beat, not even by The Deck or other Laguna Beach gems. Will definitely be back soon!Special Features:
- Run By Kids in "Paper Hats"NotafanofdriftwoodDined on 8/29/2014Would not recommend. Made a reservations weeks in advance. Love the Deck, thought we would give Driftwood Kitchen a try. We were disappointed with how poorly managed the restaurant was. After offering us an unexceptionable table, we asked to be seated elsewhere. There were several tables open. After checking with management the employe told us the only other option was having dinner at the bar. We chose to leave, but more importantly as we we're leavening there were no patrons waiting to be seated. From our experience had there been an adult, skilled in hospitality, we would have been accommodated. Went to Tortilla Republic had a great dinning experience.Special Features:
- They opened 3 months ago1kitchenDined on 8/28/2014Lots of energy. Crowded. Reservationist said they were full at the time we wanted to go, but got a reservation on Open Table for the very same time! Lots of empty tables made me wonder. Food was exotic and good. Prices were on the high end. Waitress was cheerful but incredibly stressed with a lot of tables to serve. Therefore, service was slow. Hopefully they will work it out as it is a great location.Special Features:
- waterfront diningBodineDined on 8/28/2014This restaurant replaces the Beach House in Laguna Beach. Upscale setting and two level of dining right on the beach. Appetizers & food were very tasty and well prepared, good seafood selections & good bar - we will return!Special Features:
- Salmon was raw in the middleCaligirlDined on 8/28/2014My son ordered the salmon. It was completely raw in the middle. Sent it back. He got another and it too was raw. They removed the salmon from our bill. Overall I'd say the food was bland. We had the kale salad, the zucchini blossoms, and the halibut. Not impressed. The view is amazing though.Special Features: