Drew's American Grill
18740 Stone Oak Parkway
San Antonio, TX 78258Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Drew's American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.drewsamericangrill.com/
- Phone: 2104837600x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday at 11am
Brunch on Saturday at 10am & on Sunday 10am - 3pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday 4pm - 9pm
Thursday - Saturday 4pm - 10pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Eastern European, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Charles Bartsch
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Drew's specializes in both onn-site and off-site catering.
- Private Party Facilities: Drew's has 3 private party rooms that will accomodate 15 to 200 guests.
Custom menu's are created for each individual event.
Drew's also specializes in off-site catering.
- Private Party Contact: Drew Glick 210-483-7600x
A word from Drew's American Grill
Locally owned Drew’s American Grill serves an eclectic variety of fresh house made food from the finest quality ingredients. We are an American fusion grill. Drew's open kitchen highlights sandwiches from all over the United States, brick-oven artisan pizzas, and an open-wood fired grill. Our cocktail bar specializes in hand-crafted cocktails utilizing fresh juices and specially selected quality spirits. We also feature local small batch micro brew beers on draft and an extensive American wines collection. Once you experience our classic American desserts with an updated twist, Drew's will surely become your #1 dessert destination!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Drew's American Grill - Best Restaurants in Stone Oak ›
Drew's American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
28 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for brunch (10)fit for foodies (9)neighborhood gem (9)great for lunch (9)good for groups (8)special occasion (8)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (2)Show More
- Evening of excellenceService1stDined on 9/6/2014We enjoyed the entire evening. Super drinks, food and service. All was as good as you would expect or even better! We are still talking about it!Special Features:
- WOWMichaelDined on 8/30/2014We have been here before. The bar carries a great selection liquors and wines. My wife and I had the spinach artichoke dip which endeavour and creamy. We also took half of it home. We both then had the glazed duck over a root vegetable hash. The duck was the best I have had and duck is one of my favorites. Again we took half home and look forward to leftovers this evening. I would definitely recommend Drew 's not only is the food great, but you definitely get your monies worth. Drew was there and visited the guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- B+1947MBDined on 8/14/2014Great Ambiance....great welcome.....so-so burger...great lunch specials! Attractive walk in appeal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wigwagspoonerDined on 8/12/2014Small crowd, it was raining. We had 6 . Service was excellent. Food was very good. Menu was varied had something for everybody. Will go back. Price could be expensive but our choices put us in the moderated price range. Location good, parking, easy to find.Special Features:
- DrewsTexanDined on 7/15/2014This is a lovely place, with great care placed on both presentation and taste. The spinach artichoke dip with chips is a must! On Tuesday evening wine is half price and they have quite a decent list to choose from. The dinner specialities are something to seriously consider and their house bread, which varies, is not to be missed. We had a white pepper rosemary! Great value, clean and lovely, go and enjoy!Special Features:
- VarietyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/5/2014I loved that Drew's menu offered more variety than most San Antonio restaurants. I ordered the Duck and my husband ordered the Lamb - both were delectable! Their wine selection was notable as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsJimmybDined on 6/21/2014Frequent dining spot. Always friendly staff and quality food. Fair pricing and nice atmosphere for couples or groups.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/20/2014Consistent in excellent service & quality of food.Special Features:
- HORRIBLE SERVICE!goblue0498VIPDined on 6/16/2014Despite the fact that the restaurant was mostly empty (there were about 5 tables & 3 waiters), it took waiter 20 min to get our drink order then he forgot our kid's milk ( 2 twins sitting in high chairs). It took 45 min to receive appetizers then main course came 5 minutes later! Never offered us bread while we waited. Never brought bread when we asked for it. There was a fly in the iced tea. Had to ask for refills...shall I keep going??? Will not return.
- Always goodJackDined on 6/15/2014The portions are big and the food is always fresh and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shrinking menuDrewsDined on 5/31/2014Decided to return to Drews for my birthday...was disappointed to find how the menu has shrunk recently. The only available seafood selections were Atlantic Salmon and Catfish. The special -- Salmon and Bleu Cheese -- was out. Really? The wine is no value either. Consequently, this probably will be our last time at Drew's. Now, for the good, both of our steaks were cooked and seasoned perfectly. Spinach tasted OK. Caesar salad tasted fresh made that day, but was too dry...we have had much better.
- The following 239 reviews are from the Drew's American Grill reviews archive.
- Mother's Day Lunch/BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Had another enjoyable time at Drew's only complaint is $50++ pp is a little high in my opinion. Of course my family no one in my family eats a lot so we never come out well on buffet's.Special Features:
- Sunday BrunchAdamVIPDined on 5/11/2014Had brunch on mother's day here. Food was very good but I was a taken back that the cost of the brunch for 2 with 2 ice teas, was over $100 with tip. The brunch was good, but not that good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AledDined on 5/11/2014Food was delicious!!!Great service!!!Relax ambience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very special placedpspringsDined on 5/11/2014I have lost count of how many times I have eaten at Drew's. If you are looking for a great meal, or just a buger Drew's is you place. If you want to dress up or just wear shorts Drew's is your place. If you just have the need to seat in a beautiful place and enjoy a good drink Drew's is your place. You dont know who I am but chances are if your are at Drew's I am setting there also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good for lunchCherVIPDined on 5/1/2014Reuben and Philly Cheesesteak good choice, a bit pricey, but ambience worth it, and desserts to die for.Special Features:
- Great service, friendly staffLokiDined on 4/27/2014Very attractive spot for indoor or outdoor dining. Our waitress did a great job. Have been there before for dinner and had meals that were good for the price, but this time we went for brunch. Bacon was crunchy, French toast was not bad, but the eggs Benedict were a real letdown. Eggs were too runny, hollandaise sauce had no flavor and Canadian bacon (if that is what it was) was a very thin ( like shaved ) single piece of meat that also had no flavor. Got toast, but no butter. When asked our waitress said they only serve butter if it is asked for.Special Features:
- Enjoyable ExperienceMimiDined on 4/26/2014We visited Drew's for a Saturday lunch and enjoyed every second. Food and service was superb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Brunch!EnLnSAVIPDined on 4/20/2014Our new favorite for holiday brunch dining! Drew's attention to detail and commitment to quality is apparent everywhere you look.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Easter Brunch- highly recommended!JerryDined on 4/20/2014My wife and I attended Easter Brunch and already knew of the great reputation of this restaurant, but even exceeded our expectations. Beautiful setting and tons of breakfast favorite options, lunch, seafood and carving stations. Not to even mention the desserts. It was exactly what we were looking for and would recommend to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Here's to BrunchMistoffoleVIPDined on 4/20/2014Brunch was fabulous and there was plenty to pick from. I started off at the seafood table and ate shrimp, oysters, and sushi. From there I hit the meats with a slab o prime rib, chicky and pork. Then to the bfast part with eggs Benedict, bacon and a blintze. It was a lot but most were smaller portions so I could enjoy the entire menu. Food was tasty, hot, and portioned just right for what I was doingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Happy!HungryBearDined on 4/20/2014Easter Brunch / 10 a.m. reservations but were seated 10 min. late / told "no show" waitress BUT that was after we asked 3 other staff & waited 20 min. / had to "beg" for water and only 1/2 of our 5 people received it initially / we were then "adopted" by a waitress but she didn't have the time to check on us / cold coffee every time but once(after we said something) and we served ourselves once(next table complained about the coffee as well) / our table was blocking traffic to and from other tables and buffet so we had to lean forward every single time anyone walked by / also had to put up our own dirty dishes on the nearby service podium / advice: heat lamps dry out & harden pork & fish / my parents' first visit, never againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Professional servicestashDined on 4/13/2014Eric was my server for the second time for Sunday brunch and was top-notch. I will ask for him whenever I go in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Helpful !!!OnADateDined on 4/5/2014I was on a first date. The restaurant's ambiance and friendliness of my server made me feel relaxed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd ServedReneeDined on 4/4/2014Server seemed disengaged and uninterested in receiving and placing our order. Slow on bringing initial menus and drinking water.Special Features:
- Great eveningJandJDined on 3/22/2014Great food and service. Appreciate the owner's personal touch with patrons. One of our favorite places to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drew's American GrillejoezDined on 3/21/2014The mixed salad and halibut were outstanding as was my wife's cocktail. The flank steak was good, but not outstanding. The service was not the best. It was slow, the server forgot the bread and also forgot to bring my drink. The dining room was loud due to a (good) band at the bar.Special Features:
- vkeelyDined on 3/16/2014Drew's American Grill is a great place for brunch, even more so if you get a table on the patio!Special Features:
- Really lovely place, great foodTexanDined on 3/1/2014Drews offers excellent food. Professionally presented, they are pictures and candy to the eye. Service is seamless and wine list pretty good, not deep, but they offer some good wines. Bread basket brings 3 types of bread, artichoke spinach dip with homemade chips is a repeat....gotta do this if you like these flavors. They prepare seafood perfect, never dry. Go and enjoy.Special Features:
- Friday Night OutTejawatersDined on 2/28/2014This is the second or third restaurant at this location and it was not very full, though we were there at 6:30 PM, which might be earlier for its regular crowd. Was disappointed they did not have mint jelly to go with their rack of lamb. I grew up in NJ, IL and AZ and it was always available in those areas.
- Brunch Is Simply ScrumptiousLaPatronaDined on 2/22/2014This is one of my absolute favorite brunch spots. We try eating here at least once a month. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Their food has never disappointed. Melt in your mouth pancakes, awesome French toast and the delicious eggs benedict. The serving size is excellent for sharing. Usually everyone in our group wants a little sample of each other’s plates since it’s all so tasty. The ambiance is informal and approachable, without being overly casual. The mimosas are divine!!!! Also the bar is fully stocked with all my favorite brands of spirits.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine Dinner for couplesTravelAgentandTireManDined on 2/15/2014Great varied menu. Awesome drinks and friendly bartender. The Sangria on tap is a must try! The food was all fresh, and delicious..dessert was eaten on the open patio as we had after dinner drinks and a cigar. Amanda was our server, and did a wonderfuljob! The owner Drew was very involved with his patrons, and we enjoyed having conversion and a drink with him on the patio....We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top-Notch NYC Style BistroJaimeVIPDined on 2/15/2014We've eaten at Drew's several times, at different times of day, and have a good feel for the place. Each experience has been excellent. If you've ever eaten good (no, great) food in Manhattan, Drew's will touch a soft spot in your heart. From the perfectly prepared NYC-style thin crust pizza (fresh ingredients, great cheese & sauce, and slightly charred crust) to the PERFECT Reuben or pastrami on rye (huge portions of deli meats flown in fresh from NYC), you can't go wrong. Desserts are amazing, but humongous. Staff are always friendly and attentive. We have yet to fully explore Drew's menu, but plan to do so, if I can get myself to stop ordering the Reuben (yes, it's THAT good). Overall: EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Dinner at Drew'sFoodfanaticDined on 2/14/2014Excellent food! Best lobster bisque I have had! The owner was visible and rounding with customers. The band they had was awesome! Perfect music for an evening dinner date. Hope to see them at Drew's again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I did not think the food measuredOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I did not think the food measured up to the fixed price charged of $65 a person.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceDaveDined on 2/14/2014We had a wonderful dinner. Our server Ace took the best care of us. Can't wait to go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MagnificentMannyzzzDined on 2/13/2014I loved the atmosphere, prompt welcome, friendliness from all, and the humbleness of Drew himself who makes it a point to meet you and make you feel at home! The menu is fantastic, with good healthy foods to choose from, and "Freshly Made"".we've been here a few tomes now, an is defiantly a favorite! Definitely a five star restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dew's AmericanWileDined on 2/9/2014Went for brunch. Sat outside. wonderful experience. Both food and service were great. I had the Blintzes which were delicious. I will go again.Special Features:
- Not the Drew's I was used to.AlanGDined on 2/8/2014What happened? The service was slow and inattentive, one of my guests got the wrong steak! French fries never arrived, and the duck was undercooked and still had fat on it. The skin was not crispy. I had frequented this establishment several times (lunch and dinner) and had great experiences. Has management changed? Anyway, not the best of dining experiences.
- Gluten-free pizza!TomSDined on 2/1/2014My wife has been gluten-free since August, 2013 and has been trying to find gluten-free pizza that is edible ever since. She finally found it at Drew's. She said it was one of the best pizzas she ever had and that it puts all other gluten-free pizzas to shame. I think it's because Drew has an outstanding pastry chef who has found a way to make GF pizza dough that is robust and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.