Brooklyn, NY 11211Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dresslernyc.com/
- Phone: 7183846343
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday 6:00pm-11:00pm, Friday & Saturday 6:00pm-12:00am, Sunday Brunch 11:00am-3:30pm, Midday 3:30-5:30 Dinner 5:30pm-10:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Polo Dobkin
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Just over the Williamsburg Bridge from Manhattan, Dressler has options for special luncheons and dinners for any event. We offer small group Prix Fixes, Semi-Private dining and Full Buyouts of the restaurant. We can accommodate birthdays, graduation parties, rehearsal dinners and weddings.
- Private Party Contact: Matthew Feddock 8669452995
A word from Dressler
Dressler is the natural outgrowth of the dining concept that owner Colin Devlin successfully implemented at his first Williamsburg restaurant, Dumont: a neighborhood restaurant featuring a straight forward, thoughtful and well executed menu, well informed and sincere service, and a warm and gracious atmosphere. Dressler adopts this formula and reaches just a bit further, with a more ambitious menu and wine list, and a room that was carefully crafted from a completely raw state into a warm yet compelling dining space accented by intricate metal work from Navy Yard artisan sculptors. Executive chef Polo Dobkin was awarded 2 stars by Frank Bruni of the New York Times in 2007 and 1 star by the Michelin Guide in 2008,2009, and 2010 for his accessible, seasonal new American cuisine. Dressler has received accolades from magazines such as The New Yorker, New York Magazine, Gourmet & Travel & Leisure among others.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dressler reviews from OpenTable diners
- Dressler is consistently good.eg88Dined on 6/16/2013Dressler is consistently good. Loved the food. Glad this restuarant continues to be outstanding through the years.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in the BKmattVIPDined on 6/15/2013I'm a frequent eater at Manhattan's best restaurants, and I must say I was extremely impressed with Dressler. The apps and main courses were incredible. We had the crab cakes, gnocchi, fennel tuna and the swordfish and they were all out of this world! Great focus on local and fresh ingredients! The desserts were pretty weak, but the drinks were awesome! Definitely worth the trip out to BK for an awesome Michelin rated meal!Special Features:
- Arguably the best restaurantNonameVIPDined on 6/15/2013Arguably the best restaurant in Brooklyn, Dressler can hold its own with any Manhattan dining experience. The gnocchi appetizer was delicious and the flatiron steak was succulent. The lemon tart with blackberry ice cream was worth the calories. The server knew his menu and was responsive to potential problems with diners' allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/13/2013It was difficult to decide what to order as everything sounded so interesting. The combinations were very creative. The oysters were superbly fresh and flavorsome and the seafood was sensational.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- came back here with friends,Lrd1VIPDined on 6/1/2013came back here with friends, after many years. Even better than I had remembered it-- lovely, low-key place and food very delicious. Service was attentive without feeling rushed. Totally worth trip into Brooklyn, and will not wait so long again to revisit.Special Features:
- Is very much worth the tripggccVIPDined on 5/31/2013Is very much worth the trip to Williamsburg. Oustanding food, incredible desserts.Special Features:
- Cool place, Good Food, Good ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013I really had a good time at Dressler. The place has a very cool vibe and the food was really good. My only complaint would be the pricing was a little over the top. $15-$20 Apps with $30-$40 mains. All in all we loved the waiter and had a great time.Special Features:
- perfect appetizers, weak entreesOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/26/2013Drinks: Weak Chardonnay (tasted like a bottle opened yesterday), good rosè, and a solid cocktail Appetizers: lamb belly confit, grilled octopus, and scallops all perfect (5/5), good artichoke salad (3/5) Entrees: swordfish overcooked not worth eating (1/5), modest pork tenderloin and crispy bacon (3/5) Dessert: excellent chocolate souffle cake with caramel ice cream (4/5) Coffee: stick with anything that comes out of the expresso machine. solid caffè macchiato (5/5), but french press coffee was very weak will likely go back for appetizers sometime, but will avoid ordering any of the mains in the futureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot (but in a bad way)OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/20/2013Yes we all get the hipness of a Dressler Restaurant. The steak - bone in ribeye - for two was perfect, appetizer offerings were abundant and exquisite. Here's my beef (sorry, no pun intended). It was 75 degrees outside (which is where we should have sat), but it was hotter than that inside. No AC. What's the deal, we don't turn that on til Memorial Day Weekend?! no way you consider this trendy or hip. It's an expensive restaurant, ok, that's fine, because the food was wonderful. The dining experience, since we were dripping sweat as we ate, was awful Enough said. You be the judge.Special Features:
- We started the diner withCagouDined on 5/17/2013We started the diner with apetizers,it was good,then the entrees came: 2 white fish filet ,one was fine and the second one was really Not nice :small and a lot of brown flesh,maybe it was the back part of the fish!so we asked the waiters about it and the manager came,telling that it was good and as it was the last filet they had they can't change it,he was very upset and then call the waiters To inform them about this problem.from that time they didn't care anymore of us and we finish our wine with no more food! Then we left!We don't think it is a behaviour you must have in such a restaurant.
- The food was amazing! YouSArabellaDined on 5/15/2013The food was amazing! You must try the warm banana tart tatin, it's to die for.Special Features:
- Good Early DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013We had a 5:30 p.m. reservation for Mother's Day--we have a 18 month old. The staff was very helpful. In addition, the food--especially the scallops was delicious. In addition, it wasn't too noisy and was very comfortable. Of course, I can not speak to how it is later in the evening, but for an early dinner, it is a great choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mother's Day DelightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013The food, service was amazing. The food was delicious, the staff was very friendly and the decro was lovely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A NYC favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/11/2013Another outstanding dinner! I am always amazed that no matter how often we go back I have yet to have a disappointing meal. Although I am someone who likes to explore new restaurants, I find myself always wanting to return to the Dressler as I can count on having a great meal in hip and fun atmosphere. The service is outstanding as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointednewyorkvisitorDined on 5/9/2013We were recommended this Michelin star restaurant by a friend. Having never eaten at a Michelin star we were really looking forward to a fabulous meal. Yes, the prices at this Michelin star restaurant are considerably less than at others, but that does not mean the quality of the food should be that much less. The pork loin was so over salted it tasted like corn beef. I couldn't even finish it. The food was disappointing. I could probably cook better food myself. The service was fabulous and we enjoyed sitting outside looking towards the freedom tower as the sunset. I wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone. Food was more flavoursome and tastier at just your average New York restaurant.Special Features:
- Frankly we were disappointed.RogerWVIPDined on 5/3/2013Frankly we were disappointed. We expected far more from a restaurant that received a Michelin star. None of our party could in any way justify that award. The only thing that justified a Michelin star was the stratespherically high prices. All the other restaurants in the Michelin category in NY are, in our opinion, worth going to, but not The Dressler. There are so many equally good or better places in the area and just over the bridge that there just isn't a reason for us to go back On top of it all, we could barely hear ourselves think which only served to worsen the experience.
- WhoaPeysoDined on 5/1/2013Simply put, a great restaurant w/ great food. The pork belly that they have as an appetizer should be an entree. That was the best tasting thing that I've had all year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Deafening noise/music andOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 4/27/2013Deafening noise/music and indifferent service overshadow excellent food.Special Features:
- Nice place, food is great,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013Nice place, food is great, thoughtful wine list but it is pricey, although to be fair there really doesn't seem to be any upscale sit down restaurants left in NYC where the bill is less than $200 for two people who want to drink wine with their dinner. Still, $42 for a dozen oysters has got to provide a nice boost to their bottom line.Special Features:
- Food was good.Atmosphere aOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/7/2013Food was good.Atmosphere a little noisy. Service was good,but had a little tude to it.Special Features:
- It was good...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We tried a couple of appetizers and 2 entrees. Nothing extraordinary. It was good, nothing overcooked, too spicy or bland, etc. But I wouldn't go back because it wasn't memorable and quite buttery if anything really stood out. I've had plenty of much better experiences in cheaper places. Maybe I had high expectations because it has a Michelin Star...
- One try was enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2013Much too loud for a first romantic date in which was the reason I went there. Martini s are served in a very strange glass, overall food good a little overpricedSpecial Features:
- Food was delicious, but theOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/30/2013Food was delicious, but the service was a little sloppy. We waited over a half an hour for drink orders to be taken and bread delivered. The rest of the meal came slowly as well. For the price they charge, they should provide more attentive service. That said, our reservations were at 8 on a Saturday night, probably the busiest time of the week.Special Features:
- Just a hop away from PeterSwissMiss4VIPDined on 3/30/2013Just a hop away from Peter Luger's is a special restaurant with an amber ambiance, lace-like metal chandeliers, and a very cool feeling. The libation menu is appealing and offers toasts that are not too sweet but interesting in flavors. The menu items are varied and offer a tantiliing taste for anyone. There are always specials which we are eager to try. It is a "must".Special Features:
- I am sorry to say, it wasOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/24/2013I am sorry to say, it was disappointed for a Michelin star restaurant rated, we've had as good if not better diner in other restaurants without the famous accolade. It would have been ok without the expectation of a special dining experience, maybe it is based on other criteria.
- Food was good but not exceptional.QueenofqueensVIPDined on 3/20/2013Food was good but not exceptional. I liked sea scallops and quail breast. Apple tart was delicious.Special Features:
- Dressler probably offers theDaveVIPDined on 3/16/2013Dressler probably offers the best dining experience in Brooklyn. The dishes are consistently of excellent quality. The preparations are innovative and entertaining, The wine list, while not extensive, is of high quality and well-balanced; it is also affordable. The desserts are always super.Special Features:
- Food is good, portions areOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/16/2013Food is good, portions are pretty big for someone who eats moderate size mealsSpecial Features:
- The food was very good, butOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/16/2013The food was very good, but didn't quite measure up to the creativity and delight that we've experienced at similarly priced and starred restaurants in Manhattan. The chicken liver mousse was exceptional, really heavenly. The octopus appetizer was intriguing and tasty. We all had meat entrees, duck, steak, lamb, ordered medium rare and done just right. Accompaniments, on the other hand, were slightly overcooked, and gave the impression of a plate busy with lots of choices, but rather uniform in color; and, while they didn't taste alike, they left similar impressions on the palate. The dark-wood ambiance was pleasant, if a tad noisy. Service was excellent. Overall an enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- The food was delicate andFrecklesandBearDined on 3/14/2013The food was delicate and flavorful. The staff were wonderful in putting together a wine pairing that was perfect.Special Features:
- Great Dinning Place @ WilliamsburgOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/13/2013I was very pleased with the service, but I would say a little pushy from the waiter about either getting drinks or just sparkling water. The overall service was fine.Special Features:
- Ate here with a 30% off coupon.DanBVIPDined on 3/8/2013Ate here with a 30% off coupon. With the discount, it felt perfectly priced. Would not necessarily pay full price, though.Special Features:
- Everything about our mealOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/7/2013Everything about our meal here was spectacular. The restaurant has a very interesting, dark red decor with filtered light - you almost feel like you are in an old castle. The food was outstanding. I had the special Uni Salad which was one of the most interesting and delicious things I have ever eaten! Great wine selection. The cocktails were small, but tasty. Excellent, friendly service. Will be back!Special Features:
- Elegant and tasteful. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/6/2013Elegant and tasteful. Food was great. Portions were tiny, though, and it's amazingly pricey. Special occasions only, and only maybe.Special Features:
- if you like overdecoratedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/4/2013if you like overdecorated kitschy steel atmosphere you are right here. otherwise dont go. the overpriced food is not worth it
- Dependable and of high worthOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/3/2013Stellar experience, as always! It's been years since I've visited, so glad to return.Special Features:
- Went for brunch using BlackboardSunshineDined on 3/3/2013Went for brunch using Blackboard Eats discount. We started with the crispy porkbelly and the butternut sqush farro sald. Both were really tasty. Then I had the peccorino frittata which was bland. The fried brussel sprouts on top was the best part. And there was something creamy on the bottom of the frittata which made it very heavy. My boyfriend had the hangar steak and eggs. Good but not great. It was expensive for brunch and thank goodness we had the discount. Would not go back again. But the service was really great, friendly and accomodating.Special Features:
- weird huevos...amygDined on 3/3/2013We went here for brunch. The music was good but way too loud. The space is very nice. I unfortunately ordered the huevos rancheros. it was beans with 2 overcooked eggs on top. on top of that was a very bizarre salad which was warm and wilted from being on hot food. It was too gross to east but there was no room on my plate to move it out of the way. there was also a pile of tasteless guac and an uncooked tortilla folded up on the side of the plate. i'm not sure how any of this was supposed to be eaten. all of it was tasteless. I gave 3 stars for food because my bf loved his steak and eggs. everything on his plate was delicious. waitstaff was super friendly.
- the noise level was intolerable.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013the noise level was intolerable. I loved the dining experience, but i would hesitate to dine there if i wanted to speak and be heard by my table mates.Special Features:
- my third visit; a superiorTriceVIPDined on 2/25/2013my third visit; a superior new york restaurant experienceSpecial Features: