Drake One Fifty
150 York Street
Toronto, ON M5H 3S5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$51 and over
Drake One Fifty
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.drakeonefifty.ca/
- Phone: 4163636150x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Wednesday: 11:30AM - 1AM
Thursday – Friday: 11:30AM - 2AM
Saturday: 4:30PM - 2AM
Statutory Holidays: Open
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Ted Corrado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an event? From power lunches to celebratory dinners, give us a shout and we'll bring the food. Impress your guests with a delicious spread from Drake One Fifty. Contact us for menus and pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: Drake One Fifty is available for private events. Please contact us for details + pricing.
- Entertainment: From live music and DJs to silent films, there's usually something happening at Drake One Fifty. Visit our website www.drakeonefifty.ca to find out what's on tonight.
- Special Events: Delicious food, an all-night atmosphere, DJs + live music, and our vintage inspired photo booth; a Drake party is like no other. Film festival after parties and urban weddings are both completely at home here. Our roster of bands and DJs, really delicious catering for groups of any size puts the pleasure back in planning; we're here to help every step of the way. Stop by for a personal tour of our space or give us a shout to swap magical party recipes.
- Cross Street: Adelaide
- Public Transit: Drake One Fifty is located midway between the St. Andrew's + Osgoode subway stations.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The underground parking lot for 150 York Street can be found off Adelaide Street West. If you are driving east on Adelaide, stay in the left lane after you cross University Avenue. You will see the entrance to the lot on your left hand side; there will be a red "P" sign for our building's underground parking. If you cross York Street, you've gone too far!
A word from Drake One Fifty
After ten years of hosting guests and travelers from all over the world at our West Queen West HQ, Drake has come to be known as an energetic hub for dining and hospitality as well as visual and performance art. Our first restaurant outpost moves our brand eastward to Toronto’s bustling Financial District and extends our mandate for all things Drake. Meet Drake One Fifty; a chip off the old block, or simply put, Drake without beds: Food. Drink. Art.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Drake One Fifty - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Drake One Fifty reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (90)good for groups (77)fit for foodies (71)great for lunch (71)vibrant bar scene (68)great for outdoor dining (57)neighborhood gem (38)special occasion (36)late-night find (24)notable wine list (17)romantic (14)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- Disappointing greeting, so so foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/16/2014I had a gift card and decided to check out the Drake 150. It's not my usual scene (hipsters and bay street high rollers!) but I'd heard good things. Overall it was a bit disappointing and I won't be giving it another go. On checking in with the hostess we were told that they needed our table to be free by 8pm. Fair enough, but it made us feel extremely unwelcome. I was ready to leave right away but decided to stick it out. There is definitely a better way to handle that sort of thing. All it did was make us feel rushed. We ordered less food and no drinks so as not to overstay our welcome. Our waitress was fantastic. Very friendly and attentive without hovering. Food was merely OK but came out quickly. Definitely not worth the price.Special Features:
- Drake One Fifty is 100% awesomeilovefoodDined on 9/15/20142nd visit on Sept 15, 2014 for my friend's birthday! Monday Sept 15, 2014 was a night hosted w/ a mixologist, we recv'd complimentary drinks...hecks ya!! (and a recipe to make it at home! BONUS) Dinner was Mussels dish and Drake Burgers - the food was OUTSTANDING, FRESH and BEAUTIFUL!!! We order the trio of desserts - WELL didn't Drake One Fifty give the dessert for free!! How thoughtful and considerate and kind!! Why am I so happy, last time I was there, some old drunk man *at least in his 50's* LITTERALLY leaned over and started EATING my FRIES OFF MY PLATE!! i was sooooo upset but he was a nice man, in the end - he did pay for my fries, but it did not make me want to go back to your restaurant. I will be coming back in 2 WEEKS!!!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, food was sub-parJamsDined on 9/13/2014I've been to Drake 150 before, when it first opened a year or so ago. The atmosphere was and is great, love the booths, decor etc. and the service is also great. The food, sadly, on this occasion was not. I had the halibut. It was cooked well but so heavy-handed on the salt (perhaps to keep us drinking?) it wasn't pleasant.Special Features:
- not bad, not greatfoodloverDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant was virtually empty and although the staff were pleasant they lead our party of four past large booths to sit us at a tight small table. The server was nice but seemed rushed. It was 8:00 PM on a Sunday night and you could see she wanted to wrap up her day -- in fact half way through the meal she passed us off to another server. We ordered a bottle of Sancerre wine and when we went to order a second were told "oh that was the last bottle", something she might have mentioned when we ordered the first? The food was not bad but was not great. I was dining with three "foodie" friends from Europe and they were vastly less impressed than I was. I will dine there again as a casual fun place but will choose other places for "foodies"Special Features:
- Great vibe, food, and bar!kfromnaptownDined on 9/6/2014Loved it so much we ate there 2 nights in a row during Tiff. Must order the basil crush cocktail! Potato pizza was delicious, mezza platter was also great. Our bartender (we ate at the bar) was knowledgable about the menu and her reccomendations were spot on.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!SunnyspaceDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoy the ambiance and the atmosphere at DrakeOneFifty. The food menu is simple yet boasts an outstanding selection of the all sorts of delicious food items and gastro-favourites. The dining room and the pattio are constantly buzzing with good vibes and lots of energy. Great spot for lunch, dinner or late night drinks :)Special Features:
- Not a great experienceDisappointedDined on 9/5/2014We were seated at a table with uncomfortable bar stools. My lunch was the chicken dip sandwich and there was skin, grizzle and white and dark meat all mixed together. I think it was one of the most unappetizing meals ever.
- Great new spot in TorontoSG17VIPDined on 9/3/2014I really enjoyed the place. The food was simple and the ambience was great, even for a place in the financial district. I would recommend it as a casual date spot or a place to just hang out with some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lobster rolls!PaperdollzDined on 9/2/2014They had the freshest lobster on a slightly buttered brioche bun. So tasty! Lobster was lightly poached and seasoned perfectly. Also an A+ for service, decor and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many items not availableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014I had selected Drake 150 in part because it offered an array of options I thought would please my group of 4. After we were seated we were informed that none of the raw elements including the ceviche, oysters and tartare were available. Also, none of the pizzas, leaving us very few options. What did come was OK, but certainly not up to the hype this restaurant has received. To be fair, we did go on Labour Day--perhaps they had trouble sourcing fresh fish but that would not explain the absence of the tartare or the pizzas.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We were offered only 630 or 900 for a reservation. We wanted 700 or 730. At 630 the place was virtually empty. At 730 it was only partially occupied. Did not appreciate. The wine list is grossly over-priced. The menu is far too limited for dinner. 3 people had a real challenge in choosing. Grossly over priced and pretentious. Honestly, just how expensive can a burger get before its just a sad joke being played on the customer. The tables are jammed so closely together 3 sets of legs constantly finding each other. A child could just barely squeeze in between to sit. Thank goodness there wasn't anyone sitting next to me when I tried to extricate myself. Close and intimate can be mutually exclusive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Good ceviche and items for sharing such as a grain salad and marguerita pizza. Friendly efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeCocoDined on 8/26/2014Waitress was super cool. Food was great but could be larger portioned.Special Features:
- Loved our server!HeatherLSmithDined on 8/26/2014recommended a terrific wine and a mobile app to help me keep track of wines I like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014A great spot in the financial district that isn't stuffy. We started with cocktails which were very nice, the meatballs as an appetizer were amazing, and the mains were delicious. It did seem a little bit overpriced, but I suppose the neighbourhood dictates this to some extent. Will definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAsh2468Dined on 8/22/2014My group and I were very impressed with our server. She went out of her way to accommodate us and made sure that I had a tasty mock tail (as I'm pregnant). I loved the fact that the servers were not scantily clad in black dresses! Food was excellent!Special Features:
- Always great!BeamerDined on 8/19/2014Had another lunch on the patio here. Once again, it was great. Freindly service, interesting menu and high delicious food. Sitting outside on the patio is a very pleasant spot to catch up with friends or network with clients.Special Features:
- Good Atmosphere, Average FoodAlanDined on 8/13/2014Four of us had dinner after work and found the atmosphere to be good at Drake 150. Noisy but at a level we could still talk. We ordered the $99 porterhouse steak for three to share, the other had chicken. The food was okay nothing special. The steak we'd ordered rare was medium at best. The chicken got a shoulder shrug. The service staff were very good and attentive without being over bearing. Overall my Drake 150 experience was fine. But probably my last. Lots of other choices in the area with better food at better prices.Special Features:
- A pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The reception was very good as an Associate opened the door for us and we were seated in a table of our choice in no time. The seating arrangement outside was great and we really enjoyed the ambiance! It was quaint but the tables were set up so that our conversation could not be easily overheard. Our waiter was very pleasant and we enjoyed the draught beer and wine he recommended. He did not seem to encourage our choice of the ribeye as he tried to steer us towards another steak choice and we wished that we would have chosen something else as our steak was just OK. They had forgotten about the lobster tail and quite frankly it just wasn't worth the wait. The mussels were good, the frites and dip and dessert were excellent. <Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive!canadajack56Dined on 8/5/2014The food here was expensive for what you got. Basically a small cheese pizza for $19 then another $6 for a small quality of proscuto.Special Features:
- A Special OccasionThebrideandgroomDined on 8/2/2014We came for a celebratory dinner with our family. Everyone when out of their way toake it a special evening. Our server was prompt, poliet and accommodating. The food was delicious! We decided to order plates to share, so we could all try more. It did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Love the place but Pricey for lunchGabyVIPDined on 7/30/2014I really like the food but I was surprised to see that they don't differentiate their menu between lunch and dinner... found it pricey for lunch.Special Features:
- Quirky, without pretence.SaiKungFoodieDined on 7/28/2014We had such a fantastic visit, we returned the following evening. This funky little spot derserves the buzz it is getting.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchYummyMummyDined on 7/25/2014We really enjoyed our lunch at Drake. Atmosphere and service great too. Great new downtown spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed123456Dined on 7/23/2014We did not receive an appetizer we ordered. There was a fly in one of the dishes we had. The hamburger was tasty but not worth the price. The atmosphere/décor really comes across as though the restaurant is trying too hard to be what it is. It was too much. This could be a reflection of personal taste, however. The service was indifferent at times, inattentive and almost entitled. The staff left the impression that they felt we were lucky to be dining in their restaurant.
- QuietdineoutVIPDined on 7/18/2014Very quiet Friday evening. DJ playing music but not too loud. Bar tender was great, providing expertise on both drink and food. Food was good but nothing great but did not expect to find culinary cuisine. Overall, it was a good dinner but was surprised to see it so quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not satisfiedVisitingFoodieDined on 7/16/2014We were not at all satisfied. We are seniors and the music and the noise made it impossible to hear each other across the table. The food was just OK. First of all, the Wednesday fried chicken special was sold out. I had the chicken parm and it was good. However, it should have been served with pasta, rice or potatoes, instead of some kind of peppers. I had a few, but there were just too many of them. I went back to the menu to see what was supposed to be served with the chicken, but really I could not understand the menu items. My husband said the steak was just OK and the potato wedges were overcooked and he could not eat them all. The waiter was efficient enough but seemed disinterested. He was more interested in the cute girls.Special Features:
- Pleasant and good food.DecentDined on 7/15/2014Food quite good. Nice waitress, very pleasant, helpful & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the city's juiciest Burgers!SooJayyDined on 7/15/2014Had a great lunch with a friend. Sat inside, as the patio was full. The high chairs/stools were not so comfortable, but they looked great as part of the decor. Recommend the burger and Nonna's meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scene, food & vibesASfoodieDined on 7/14/2014Drake one fifty is a nice dimly lit, low-key restaurant with a classy vintage look to it. The service was excellent and the food was incredible.Special Features:
- Quick Snacks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Came to Drake 150 for quick drinks and snacks. They make really good Amaretto Sour. Had the Drake poutine and it was a big on the salty side. Also ordered garlic green beans. Will definitely come back to try their food menu.Special Features:
- Sorry, I forgot you ordered it.Foodie12Dined on 7/12/2014I love the unpretentious vibe of his downtown Toronto hotspot. Having been a fan of the Drake Hotel for sometime, I thought I should check out their other restaurant, Drake 150. I ordered the Margherita pizza, which was lovely, but I would definitely recommend it for 2 people due to it being a bit larger than a typical personal pizza. The table ordered two drinks, Sangria, and I ordered the Unicorn Dynamite, which was vodka with a splash of lemon, lime, blueberry, and pomegranate. After 30+ minutes with no drinks, we asked our server when we could expect them, and she forgot we had ordered them. Beyond the minor case of forgetfulness of our server, the food, drinks, and ambiance of Drake 150 would entice me to return.Special Features:
- Service was Great!VinceDined on 7/10/2014The service was very good but the music is quite loud, so if you are planning to have any conversations with your dinner mates, you'll be yelling across the table for most of the night. We ordered the "family meal" of roasted chicken. It was good, but nothing spectacular. The restaurant is definitely more about the atmosphere than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchbizlunchVIPDined on 6/30/2014I've heard that the noise level was high, but it was quiet when I went, probably due to the fact that this was on the Monday before Canada Day so there weren't many diners. My guest's food looked good, but my halibut was overly salty.Special Features:
- Kitchen closesspankyDined on 6/28/2014I made a reservation and there was only 6pm or after 8pm available. I booked a table for 4 for 8pm and the place was empty. I guess at 7pm they just like the restaurant to be nice and quiet. The restaurant is really nicely done, wide open space, lots of tables. Pretty good patio. We ordered some appetizers and drinks. The drinks were very good. The appetizers were very very salty. We receive the menus back for dinner and the server explains the menu and makes some recommendations but mostly tells us not to order the pasta or the pizza. Without warning or last chance for ordering our server returns, sweeps the menus out of our hands and tells us the kitchen is now closed. We can only order snacks. Oh, and margherita pizza.
- Great service!FoodVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great find for the downtown area!! Service was delightful and really elevated the dining experience for our group. I returned a few days later because of the outstanding food and service. I would recommend this place for people looking for a pleasant dining experience with great food and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchfoodieDined on 6/23/2014Great place for lunch: food is good and service is quick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2014The venue was nice and the service excellent but the food was ineduble. I ordered the short ribs and was served a block of solid fat. What little meat there was was terribly seasoned and almost ineduble. The place had so much promise but was a real let down. They didn't charge for the meal but it should never have left the kitchen. With so many other options in Toronto, I would not go back.
- A Happening VenueSheTorontoDined on 6/19/2014Drake One fifty is aptly named as it relates to its address and also the price. It can easily cost $150 per person for a full meal with wine. The food is delicious but servings are small. It's loud enough for a family occasion with noisy Uncle Charlie but not for children. Clientele was mostly composed of Bay St. types on the Thursday we dined. It was great fun but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Service was efficient, the halibut was fantastic, decor was funky and I like the overall vibe. The wine list by the glass was a bit on the rich side. I know it's Bay St., but come on guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.