Drake One Fifty
150 York Street
Toronto, ON M5H 3S5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$51 and over
Drake One Fifty
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.drakeonefifty.ca/
- Phone: 4163636150x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Wednesday: 11:30AM - 1AM
Thursday – Friday: 11:30AM - 2AM
Saturday: 4:30PM - 2AM
Statutory Holidays: Open
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Ted Corrado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an event? From power lunches to celebratory dinners, give us a shout and we'll bring the food. Impress your guests with a delicious spread from Drake One Fifty. Contact us for menus and pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: Drake One Fifty is available for private events. Please contact us for details + pricing.
- Entertainment: From live music and DJs to silent films, there's usually something happening at Drake One Fifty. Visit our website www.drakeonefifty.ca to find out what's on tonight.
- Special Events: Delicious food, an all-night atmosphere, DJs + live music, and our vintage inspired photo booth; a Drake party is like no other. Film festival after parties and urban weddings are both completely at home here. Our roster of bands and DJs, really delicious catering for groups of any size puts the pleasure back in planning; we're here to help every step of the way. Stop by for a personal tour of our space or give us a shout to swap magical party recipes.
- Cross Street: Adelaide
- Public Transit: Drake One Fifty is located midway between the St. Andrew's + Osgoode subway stations.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The underground parking lot for 150 York Street can be found off Adelaide Street West. If you are driving east on Adelaide, stay in the left lane after you cross University Avenue. You will see the entrance to the lot on your left hand side; there will be a red "P" sign for our building's underground parking. If you cross York Street, you've gone too far!
A word from Drake One Fifty
After ten years of hosting guests and travelers from all over the world at our West Queen West HQ, Drake has come to be known as an energetic hub for dining and hospitality as well as visual and performance art. Our first restaurant outpost moves our brand eastward to Toronto’s bustling Financial District and extends our mandate for all things Drake. Meet Drake One Fifty; a chip off the old block, or simply put, Drake without beds: Food. Drink. Art.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Drake One Fifty - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Drake One Fifty reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (91)good for groups (81)fit for foodies (76)vibrant bar scene (71)great for lunch (68)great for outdoor dining (46)special occasion (42)neighborhood gem (40)late-night find (24)romantic (17)notable wine list (13)great for brunch (10)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Loved our server!HeatherLSmithDined on 8/26/2014recommended a terrific wine and a mobile app to help me keep track of wines I like!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/22/2014A great spot in the financial district that isn't stuffy. We started with cocktails which were very nice, the meatballs as an appetizer were amazing, and the mains were delicious. It did seem a little bit overpriced, but I suppose the neighbourhood dictates this to some extent. Will definitely try it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceAsh2468Dined on 8/22/2014My group and I were very impressed with our server. She went out of her way to accommodate us and made sure that I had a tasty mock tail (as I'm pregnant). I loved the fact that the servers were not scantily clad in black dresses! Food was excellent!Special Features:
- Always great!BeamerDined on 8/19/2014Had another lunch on the patio here. Once again, it was great. Freindly service, interesting menu and high delicious food. Sitting outside on the patio is a very pleasant spot to catch up with friends or network with clients.Special Features:
- Good Atmosphere, Average FoodAlanDined on 8/13/2014Four of us had dinner after work and found the atmosphere to be good at Drake 150. Noisy but at a level we could still talk. We ordered the $99 porterhouse steak for three to share, the other had chicken. The food was okay nothing special. The steak we'd ordered rare was medium at best. The chicken got a shoulder shrug. The service staff were very good and attentive without being over bearing. Overall my Drake 150 experience was fine. But probably my last. Lots of other choices in the area with better food at better prices.Special Features:
- A pleasant experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/8/2014The reception was very good as an Associate opened the door for us and we were seated in a table of our choice in no time. The seating arrangement outside was great and we really enjoyed the ambiance! It was quaint but the tables were set up so that our conversation could not be easily overheard. Our waiter was very pleasant and we enjoyed the draught beer and wine he recommended. He did not seem to encourage our choice of the ribeye as he tried to steer us towards another steak choice and we wished that we would have chosen something else as our steak was just OK. They had forgotten about the lobster tail and quite frankly it just wasn't worth the wait. The mussels were good, the frites and dip and dessert were excellent. <Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expensive!canadajack56Dined on 8/5/2014The food here was expensive for what you got. Basically a small cheese pizza for $19 then another $6 for a small quality of proscuto.Special Features:
- A Special OccasionThebrideandgroomDined on 8/2/2014We came for a celebratory dinner with our family. Everyone when out of their way toake it a special evening. Our server was prompt, poliet and accommodating. The food was delicious! We decided to order plates to share, so we could all try more. It did not disappoint.Special Features:
- Love the place but Pricey for lunchGabyVIPDined on 7/30/2014I really like the food but I was surprised to see that they don't differentiate their menu between lunch and dinner... found it pricey for lunch.Special Features:
- Quirky, without pretence.SaiKungFoodieDined on 7/28/2014We had such a fantastic visit, we returned the following evening. This funky little spot derserves the buzz it is getting.Special Features:
- Great place for lunchYummyMummyDined on 7/25/2014We really enjoyed our lunch at Drake. Atmosphere and service great too. Great new downtown spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed123456Dined on 7/23/2014We did not receive an appetizer we ordered. There was a fly in one of the dishes we had. The hamburger was tasty but not worth the price. The atmosphere/décor really comes across as though the restaurant is trying too hard to be what it is. It was too much. This could be a reflection of personal taste, however. The service was indifferent at times, inattentive and almost entitled. The staff left the impression that they felt we were lucky to be dining in their restaurant.
- QuietdineoutVIPDined on 7/18/2014Very quiet Friday evening. DJ playing music but not too loud. Bar tender was great, providing expertise on both drink and food. Food was good but nothing great but did not expect to find culinary cuisine. Overall, it was a good dinner but was surprised to see it so quiet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not satisfiedVisitingFoodieDined on 7/16/2014We were not at all satisfied. We are seniors and the music and the noise made it impossible to hear each other across the table. The food was just OK. First of all, the Wednesday fried chicken special was sold out. I had the chicken parm and it was good. However, it should have been served with pasta, rice or potatoes, instead of some kind of peppers. I had a few, but there were just too many of them. I went back to the menu to see what was supposed to be served with the chicken, but really I could not understand the menu items. My husband said the steak was just OK and the potato wedges were overcooked and he could not eat them all. The waiter was efficient enough but seemed disinterested. He was more interested in the cute girls.Special Features:
- Pleasant and good food.DecentDined on 7/15/2014Food quite good. Nice waitress, very pleasant, helpful & attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the city's juiciest Burgers!SooJayyDined on 7/15/2014Had a great lunch with a friend. Sat inside, as the patio was full. The high chairs/stools were not so comfortable, but they looked great as part of the decor. Recommend the burger and Nonna's meatballs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great scene, food & vibesASfoodieDined on 7/14/2014Drake one fifty is a nice dimly lit, low-key restaurant with a classy vintage look to it. The service was excellent and the food was incredible.Special Features:
- Quick Snacks!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/12/2014Came to Drake 150 for quick drinks and snacks. They make really good Amaretto Sour. Had the Drake poutine and it was a big on the salty side. Also ordered garlic green beans. Will definitely come back to try their food menu.Special Features:
- Sorry, I forgot you ordered it.Foodie12Dined on 7/12/2014I love the unpretentious vibe of his downtown Toronto hotspot. Having been a fan of the Drake Hotel for sometime, I thought I should check out their other restaurant, Drake 150. I ordered the Margherita pizza, which was lovely, but I would definitely recommend it for 2 people due to it being a bit larger than a typical personal pizza. The table ordered two drinks, Sangria, and I ordered the Unicorn Dynamite, which was vodka with a splash of lemon, lime, blueberry, and pomegranate. After 30+ minutes with no drinks, we asked our server when we could expect them, and she forgot we had ordered them. Beyond the minor case of forgetfulness of our server, the food, drinks, and ambiance of Drake 150 would entice me to return.Special Features:
- Service was Great!VinceDined on 7/10/2014The service was very good but the music is quite loud, so if you are planning to have any conversations with your dinner mates, you'll be yelling across the table for most of the night. We ordered the "family meal" of roasted chicken. It was good, but nothing spectacular. The restaurant is definitely more about the atmosphere than the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchbizlunchVIPDined on 6/30/2014I've heard that the noise level was high, but it was quiet when I went, probably due to the fact that this was on the Monday before Canada Day so there weren't many diners. My guest's food looked good, but my halibut was overly salty.Special Features:
- Kitchen closesspankyDined on 6/28/2014I made a reservation and there was only 6pm or after 8pm available. I booked a table for 4 for 8pm and the place was empty. I guess at 7pm they just like the restaurant to be nice and quiet. The restaurant is really nicely done, wide open space, lots of tables. Pretty good patio. We ordered some appetizers and drinks. The drinks were very good. The appetizers were very very salty. We receive the menus back for dinner and the server explains the menu and makes some recommendations but mostly tells us not to order the pasta or the pizza. Without warning or last chance for ordering our server returns, sweeps the menus out of our hands and tells us the kitchen is now closed. We can only order snacks. Oh, and margherita pizza.
- Great service!FoodVIPDined on 6/28/2014Great find for the downtown area!! Service was delightful and really elevated the dining experience for our group. I returned a few days later because of the outstanding food and service. I would recommend this place for people looking for a pleasant dining experience with great food and decor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FrenchfoodieDined on 6/23/2014Great place for lunch: food is good and service is quick!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/20/2014The venue was nice and the service excellent but the food was ineduble. I ordered the short ribs and was served a block of solid fat. What little meat there was was terribly seasoned and almost ineduble. The place had so much promise but was a real let down. They didn't charge for the meal but it should never have left the kitchen. With so many other options in Toronto, I would not go back.
- A Happening VenueSheTorontoDined on 6/19/2014Drake One fifty is aptly named as it relates to its address and also the price. It can easily cost $150 per person for a full meal with wine. The food is delicious but servings are small. It's loud enough for a family occasion with noisy Uncle Charlie but not for children. Clientele was mostly composed of Bay St. types on the Thursday we dined. It was great fun but pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/19/2014Service was efficient, the halibut was fantastic, decor was funky and I like the overall vibe. The wine list by the glass was a bit on the rich side. I know it's Bay St., but come on guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic ServicemichellejenningsDined on 6/18/2014Really great service, good food, beautiful design... the only negative was the loud noise from the street. There was a shredding truck right beside out table on the patio, which interrupted our lunch for a good 15 minutes.Special Features:
- great place for a business lunchfoodiewithallergiesDined on 6/16/2014It was my first time for a business lunch and I was quite happy that it was a very appropriate place for a man and a woman to have lunch together without feeling awkward.Special Features:
- NellazDined on 6/15/2014Service was excellent food amazing great vibe our server kept us fed happy and entertained. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for any night outNadg89VIPDined on 6/14/2014Great hotspot for any event. Went for a girls night out. Drinks and hors d'ouvres. Food was fantastic. Service was amazing. Great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- impecable serviceReviewsByRileyDined on 6/13/2014The attention to detail and this great of service is very rare in Toronto. The food is equally as good. Worth every penny.Special Features:
- LynskiDined on 6/13/2014This was my second time having lunch here. First time was outstanding. Couldn't say enough about the hamburger. Happy to say, the second time was not disappointing. Truly love your restaurant. Service was quick and friendly.Special Features:
- He's got the touch!Traveleater1VIPDined on 6/12/2014Drake restos have it all. Food is excellent, with an edge. Great vibe. We did the whole chicken. Amazing!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/11/2014Really loud. Pizza was excellent and my dining companions polenta with mushroom ragu was apparently great Tables super close. Overall fun but don't go there if you want to talk about anything meaningful or privateSpecial Features:
- Great new restoOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2014Great new spot with a nice patio fronting York St., and a nice inside space that is half-bistro half-diner in feel. Menu is excellent, and preparations are very good. Wait staff were attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great addition to Bay Street sceneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Much prefer a place like this over the parking-lot suburban chains that are popping up in the core. Food is great, services is top notch, close to all the offices, and a good vibe all around. Thursdays are packed, but it's always a great time here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverpricedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/9/2014The food isn't all that great or memorable. The prices are out of line for the quality of food. We were there for lunch (five people).
- Drake 150OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Over priced...the burger and salad etc was covered in salt........but all of that would have been no problem if not for the server who came to clear everything 30 seconds after our forks were down and then approached the table in 3 min intervals to see if we wanted anything else. It would have been easier if she just said "ok now pay and get out". Ridiculous.Special Features:
- Great!LorlorDined on 6/6/2014Had the lamb and it was amazing! The only complaint is, the meat portion was perfect, the sides not so much, I didn't even feel full after. Service was excellent, my side water glass was never empty for more than 20secs, the wine selection is fantastic. But since I'm more of a cocktail drinker, but not a fan of gin at all, something with rum or vodka would have been appreciated. I was expecting the place to be buzzing but it wasn't, which made for an evening of great conversation with my friend :)