Drake One Fifty
150 York Street
Toronto, ON M5H 3S5Neighborhood:
Downtown/ Financial District
Fusion / EclecticPrice: CAN$51 and over
Drake One Fifty
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.drakeonefifty.ca/
- Phone: (416) 363-6150
- Hours of Operation:
Monday – Wednesday: 11:30AM - 1AM
Thursday – Friday: 11:30AM - 2AM
Saturday: 4:30PM - 2AM
Statutory Holidays: Open
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Canadian
- Executive Chef: Ted Corrado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Planning an event? From power lunches to celebratory dinners, give us a shout and we'll bring the food. Impress your guests with a delicious spread from Drake One Fifty. Contact us for menus and pricing.
- Private Party Facilities: Drake One Fifty is available for private events. Please contact us for details + pricing.
- Entertainment: From live music and DJs to silent films, there's usually something happening at Drake One Fifty. Visit our website www.drakeonefifty.ca to find out what's on tonight.
- Special Events: Delicious food, an all-night atmosphere, DJs + live music, and our vintage inspired photo booth; a Drake party is like no other. Film festival after parties and urban weddings are both completely at home here. Our roster of bands and DJs, really delicious catering for groups of any size puts the pleasure back in planning; we're here to help every step of the way. Stop by for a personal tour of our space or give us a shout to swap magical party recipes.
- Cross Street: Adelaide
- Public Transit: Drake One Fifty is located midway between the St. Andrew's + Osgoode subway stations.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: The underground parking lot for 150 York Street can be found off Adelaide Street West. If you are driving east on Adelaide, stay in the left lane after you cross University Avenue. You will see the entrance to the lot on your left hand side; there will be a red "P" sign for our building's underground parking. If you cross York Street, you've gone too far!
A word from Drake One Fifty
After ten years of hosting guests and travelers from all over the world at our West Queen West HQ, Drake has come to be known as an energetic hub for dining and hospitality as well as visual and performance art. Our first restaurant outpost moves our brand eastward to Toronto’s bustling Financial District and extends our mandate for all things Drake. Meet Drake One Fifty; a chip off the old block, or simply put, Drake without beds: Food. Drink. Art.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Drake One Fifty - Best Restaurants in Downtown/ Financial District ›
Drake One Fifty reviews from OpenTable diners
168 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
hot spot (102)vibrant bar scene (80)good for groups (77)fit for foodies (68)great for lunch (50)great for outdoor dining (40)neighborhood gem (32)special occasion (27)late-night find (20)notable wine list (14)romantic (8)great for brunch (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014Not sure why there is such a long waiting list, it is mediocre.
- Go for cocktails but skip the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/13/2014Was really disappointed in my dinner on thursday night. The cod was swimming in oil and butter and lacked flavour and salt. The rib-eye lacked flavour and salt, and the well the burger was the burger. We saw our waiter twice and that was it. He never came back to check on the meal nor to refill our drinks. We finally flagged someone down for another beverage. In short, bar is great for cocktails but save your money and skip the food.
- outstandingsaudia558VIPDined on 11/13/2014everything was exceptional except it was a bit too noisy given we were there on a business lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Night OutmummyfoodieDined on 11/10/2014I ordered the French Onion Soup which was great. Everything you want in a classic winter warmer. Then I had the Scallops and Pork Belly from the appetizer menu, which was good but I wouldn't order it again. I always love this place and will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Great vibe and tasty steaks frites.Lou21Dined on 11/9/2014We were a group of four. Starters were great as was the excellent wine selection. Early grey ice cream on dessert did not work for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- An expensive eveningBillyVIPDined on 11/8/2014We met for a friend's birthday, great atmosphere, great service. We had a booth that was cozy yet still spacious. Our little group decided to share a few dishes-the black cod, carbonara pizza, steak and frites, and brussel sprouts. The steak was quite fatty and our most disappointing entree. Nothing tasted bad but it certainly wasn't a memorable meal either.The dessert platter was also mediocre.When there are several bites left at a table full of girls, it says something. Wine was very expensive and not that mind blowing.I wonder how a shared meal for 4 people could be $500- The wine was averaging $25 per 9 ounce glass. There are better places to eat in the city but this is a fun place for a quick drink (not too many or you'll be broke!)
- Too old.OldieDined on 11/6/2014Thursday dinner at 6pm. We were 2 of the 4 over 50's that we noticed in the restaurant. VERY noisy bar scene when we arrived. Made reservations a week prior, but were still seated right next to the bar. Bar patrons kept standing in the walk way for the servers and it continued to be a back and forth dance to get past our table. In spite of this, the service was impeccable. Food was amazing. The crab and pickled celery is a surprizing touch with the bone marrow. Generous portion of sweetbreads. Mussels were very generic, but good. Beef cheeks very good. Will try and book our table a bit later in the evening or further away from the bar next time.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/4/2014They has us seating next to the kitchen area. This was for a business lunch. Client's pizza was burnt. Anyway...no a very impressive experience.
- Zee101Dined on 11/4/2014Great service, extensive wine list, good food (fish sammy). I would have liked to see a better salad selection and healthier food options in general. Menu is limited but fair for speedy service requirements. Noise level was high as the tables are too close together....not a suitable place to discuss business so I definitely wouldn't return with clients. However, a nice change for a more casual work lunch.Special Features:
- Great place for dinner with friendsjustonerockDined on 11/2/2014Went to Drake 150 on Saturday night and had a great time. Everyone was friendly, the service was great, food was yummy, the DJ was amazing and when I ordered my Manhattan they asked me what kind of bourbon I wanted - so if I wasn't already planning to go back that would have sealed the deal.Special Features:
- gfunkDined on 10/31/2014I had the Black Cod which was excellent; moist and light, not overcooked. For the Onion Soup the chef was creative, the spices really picked it up and made it very interesting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014Food was excellent. One item (side dis) was forgotten, but they took it off the bill to compensate and brought it to us in a package before we left. They dealt with the mishap very well and professionally. These things can happen. I would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Achieved the impossible...msquaredDined on 10/24/2014Take note of a restaurant that in my humble opinion, has achieved the impossible. Drake 150 has blended it’s notorious boho with just enough chic to create a hip spot where jeans blend with suits and tables unite over tasty, fairly priced nosh…all within a district better known for posh, ‘wood-panelled-cigar-smoking’ elites. The energy was positively vibrant with a refreshingly low-maintenance feel. And while it sounds like this place is more about the ambiance, rest assured the food does not disappoint (which is a far sight more valuable than food that impresses when it’s all about the food). Drake 150 has set a new bar for restaurants in Toronto. It seems there’s no need to colour within the lines anymore. Bravo.Special Features:
- Highly RecommendedBradyDined on 10/24/2014Great hipster alternative in downtown Toronto. Food was very good and service spot on. Try the meatballs and steak frites. Pork chop a must. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!VikingVIPDined on 10/22/2014I had mushrooms and the cod. Very very tasty. The Drake has a cool look and good patio.Special Features:
- Excellent!Ottawa38Dined on 10/18/2014Would go back in a flash ! Great atmosphere, fun place to be on a Saturday for sure!Special Features:
- Has potentialvindegardeDined on 10/18/2014We were a party of four seated in an awkward corner table that seemed stuck out in the busy corridor. We requested another table and were placed at the "kitchen" table which was fine (it was a proper table for four and we like the hubbub of the kitchen). Our waiter was great and made up for the front desk. The food could have been better: bucatini bolognese seemed a touch dry, copious mussels swam in undercooked boozy broth, grilled black cod delicious, and wild game pie looked great but was in characterless sauce and full of disjointed-tasting off-cuts of venison, duck etc. If the front desk and cooking can be improved, this would be worth a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Vibrant Happening Restaurantfun2dineDined on 10/15/2014We loved the energy! Their burger was delicious! One of our party had the special fried chicken with beans and collard greens delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business DinnerIcktuzDined on 10/14/2014Went here for a business dinner in the downtown core. It has a retro cool hipster vibe that is muted for the Bay Street Suits (like us) who went there. The service was efficent and discreet and the food was quite good. service as a tad slow but not a huge concern. The table had, Nonna;s meatballs (meh), pizza's (very nice and crisp and properly wood fired). The veal chop with a fried egg (very good).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentStaceyDined on 10/11/2014The meal was wonderful, great flavors, top notch service, and the lemon tart was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good vegetarian optionsNothanksDined on 10/8/2014Beet salad and mezze platter both delicious and vegan dishes.Special Features:
- Great food and unique atmospheresavourydishVIPDined on 10/7/2014Great restaurant which has become a local favourite. Food selection is great and every dish I've tried so far has been fantastic. A great place for lunch or after work for a drink and relaxed dinner. This is definitely a popular hang out for local professionals. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Drake 150 Fell ShortGirlinTheCityDined on 10/4/2014Great ambience and service, if only the food measured up. The offerings were ambitious but too often fell short of expectations - the grilled calamari could have been warmer. The meats balls were just ok despite the great tasting sauce. Love the duck confit and the frites, also if you like mussels you'd be happy. Heard the pizza was good. I'd go back for the drinks, the ambience, the attentive staff and to try the pizza.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the vibeNomaVIPDined on 10/4/2014Drake one fifty is a super cool scene, the food is good, but just good. You're there to be there, not really about the food. The steak was really good, we subbed wedges for frites. The mezze plate was not amazing, it was good. We really enjoyed the deadbolt wine though!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatspjsDined on 10/3/2014Great service and atmosphere. I loved the sourdough pizza crust! I even at the smile shaped crust ends. I highly recommend checking out drake one fifty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor DinnerMarkyMarkDined on 9/27/2014We had a deliicious meal outside before seeing a show. I loved the potato pizza and the lemon tart with roasted marshmallows was outstanding. It kept me going for my 20K run the next morningSpecial Features:
- Happening!SameeraDined on 9/25/2014Excellent service and fun vibes. Would likely return there with a bigger group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing greeting, so so foodIggieDined on 9/16/2014I had a gift card and decided to check out the Drake 150. It's not my usual scene (hipsters and bay street high rollers!) but I'd heard good things. Overall it was a bit disappointing and I won't be giving it another go. On checking in with the hostess we were told that they needed our table to be free by 8pm. Fair enough, but it made us feel extremely unwelcome. I was ready to leave right away but decided to stick it out. There is definitely a better way to handle that sort of thing. All it did was make us feel rushed. We ordered less food and no drinks so as not to overstay our welcome. Our waitress was fantastic. Very friendly and attentive without hovering. Food was merely OK but came out quickly. Definitely not worth the price.Special Features:
- Drake One Fifty is 100% awesomeilovefoodDined on 9/15/20142nd visit on Sept 15, 2014 for my friend's birthday! Monday Sept 15, 2014 was a night hosted w/ a mixologist, we recv'd complimentary drinks...hecks ya!! (and a recipe to make it at home! BONUS) Dinner was Mussels dish and Drake Burgers - the food was OUTSTANDING, FRESH and BEAUTIFUL!!! We order the trio of desserts - WELL didn't Drake One Fifty give the dessert for free!! How thoughtful and considerate and kind!! Why am I so happy, last time I was there, some old drunk man *at least in his 50's* LITTERALLY leaned over and started EATING my FRIES OFF MY PLATE!! i was sooooo upset but he was a nice man, in the end - he did pay for my fries, but it did not make me want to go back to your restaurant. I will be coming back in 2 WEEKS!!!Special Features:
- Great atmosphere, food was sub-parJamsDined on 9/13/2014I've been to Drake 150 before, when it first opened a year or so ago. The atmosphere was and is great, love the booths, decor etc. and the service is also great. The food, sadly, on this occasion was not. I had the halibut. It was cooked well but so heavy-handed on the salt (perhaps to keep us drinking?) it wasn't pleasant.Special Features:
- not bad, not greatfoodloverDined on 9/7/2014The restaurant was virtually empty and although the staff were pleasant they lead our party of four past large booths to sit us at a tight small table. The server was nice but seemed rushed. It was 8:00 PM on a Sunday night and you could see she wanted to wrap up her day -- in fact half way through the meal she passed us off to another server. We ordered a bottle of Sancerre wine and when we went to order a second were told "oh that was the last bottle", something she might have mentioned when we ordered the first? The food was not bad but was not great. I was dining with three "foodie" friends from Europe and they were vastly less impressed than I was. I will dine there again as a casual fun place but will choose other places for "foodies"Special Features:
- Great vibe, food, and bar!kfromnaptownDined on 9/6/2014Loved it so much we ate there 2 nights in a row during Tiff. Must order the basil crush cocktail! Potato pizza was delicious, mezza platter was also great. Our bartender (we ate at the bar) was knowledgable about the menu and her reccomendations were spot on.Special Features:
- Simply Amazing!SunnyspaceDined on 9/5/2014Really enjoy the ambiance and the atmosphere at DrakeOneFifty. The food menu is simple yet boasts an outstanding selection of the all sorts of delicious food items and gastro-favourites. The dining room and the pattio are constantly buzzing with good vibes and lots of energy. Great spot for lunch, dinner or late night drinks :)Special Features:
- Not a great experienceDisappointedDined on 9/5/2014We were seated at a table with uncomfortable bar stools. My lunch was the chicken dip sandwich and there was skin, grizzle and white and dark meat all mixed together. I think it was one of the most unappetizing meals ever.
- Great new spot in TorontoSG17VIPDined on 9/3/2014I really enjoyed the place. The food was simple and the ambience was great, even for a place in the financial district. I would recommend it as a casual date spot or a place to just hang out with some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent lobster rolls!PaperdollzDined on 9/2/2014They had the freshest lobster on a slightly buttered brioche bun. So tasty! Lobster was lightly poached and seasoned perfectly. Also an A+ for service, decor and ambiance!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Many items not availableOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/1/2014I had selected Drake 150 in part because it offered an array of options I thought would please my group of 4. After we were seated we were informed that none of the raw elements including the ceviche, oysters and tartare were available. Also, none of the pizzas, leaving us very few options. What did come was OK, but certainly not up to the hype this restaurant has received. To be fair, we did go on Labour Day--perhaps they had trouble sourcing fresh fish but that would not explain the absence of the tartare or the pizzas.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014We were offered only 630 or 900 for a reservation. We wanted 700 or 730. At 630 the place was virtually empty. At 730 it was only partially occupied. Did not appreciate. The wine list is grossly over-priced. The menu is far too limited for dinner. 3 people had a real challenge in choosing. Grossly over priced and pretentious. Honestly, just how expensive can a burger get before its just a sad joke being played on the customer. The tables are jammed so closely together 3 sets of legs constantly finding each other. A child could just barely squeeze in between to sit. Thank goodness there wasn't anyone sitting next to me when I tried to extricate myself. Close and intimate can be mutually exclusive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/29/2014Good ceviche and items for sharing such as a grain salad and marguerita pizza. Friendly efficient service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great vibeCocoDined on 8/26/2014Waitress was super cool. Food was great but could be larger portioned.Special Features: