Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi
7972 VIa Dellagio Way
Orlando, FL 32819Neighborhood:
I Drive / Sand Lake
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $31 to $50
Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dragonflyorlando.com/
- Phone: 4073703359x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Japanese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Ray Hideaki Leung
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For those events requiring the Dragonfly experience outside the restaurant, platters are available as well as full service catering that includes a personal chef, full bar accommodations, music, lighting, design, event planning and more.
- Special Events: Please go to our website: DragonflyOrlando.com and sign up to take part in our mailing list. Members receive emails with our special events, promotions as well as special discounts just for signing up!
A word from Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi
Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi offers authentic Japanese gastropub cuisine with a modern twist, featuring a variety of grilled items and specialty sushi rolls. Each item is prepared utilizing traditional robata grilling techniques and fresh ingredients for an assortment of uniquely composed dishes. Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi is among few in the nation to bring authentic robata grilling to Orlando, which uses special white coals called binchō-tan that heat up to 1,000 degrees Celsius and burn cleanly without smoke. The high level of heat fully cooks proteins and vegetables and captures their natural flavors. Dragonfly Robata Grill & Sushi is ideal for many occasions, offering an elegant, yet comfortable ambiance. Plus, private dining, a chic Chef’s Table, a lakeside patio, a sushi bar, a VIP room and more are available. Each detail of our modern restaurant has been thoughtfully considered for the ultimate dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi - Best Restaurants in I Drive / Sand Lake ›
Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi reviews from OpenTable diners
92 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (55)special occasion (52)hot spot (46)good for groups (38)romantic (38)great for outdoor dining (33)neighborhood gem (26)vibrant bar scene (26)late-night find (16)scenic view (10)notable wine list (9)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Nice local spotromanticDined on 8/30/2014Not one of the typical tourist traps. Great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- magical dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/28/2014We chose this restaurant on the Orlando magical dining Web page. The restaurant is very clean and the staff friendly and efficient. The food was delicious. Our server explained that the normal way they serve is similar to tapas but due to magical dining month they put together the selection we had for a 3 course meal. We were not disappointed with anything on the menu. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Will definitely go back and recommend this restaurant to my friends and familySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GrandmadVIPDined on 8/27/2014Always a wonderful meal. Service and presentation equal the delisious food.
- Best Sushi!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014My husband and I are very picky about where we will eat Sushi and this is our favorite place! The food is excellent and the service was just as good. I only wish it were closer to where we live.Special Features:
- Fairways98Dined on 8/20/2014Service was efficint and attentive but not overbearing. Food was excellent. Would highly recommend to friends and business associates that they should give Dragonflyl - Robata Grill & Sushi a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Japanese TapasLadyAmboDined on 8/16/2014I absolutely love Japanese food and the fact that I can order various small plates and get an opportunity to try so much is right up my alley! The food has great flavor and presentation. I would definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/15/2014Wonderful food and service. Always enoy dining here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodFoodie12Dined on 8/13/2014Happy hour is a must. Many items to try at GREAT prices. Wew went twicw and enjoyed the steam buns, bacon wrap vegetables and the sushi rolls all for $6.00 or less.Special Features:
- GMCSDined on 8/7/2014Best sushi, great service and a very good selection of drinksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer!SushiLoverDined on 8/4/2014My boyfriend and I's first time here. It is absolutely nice. Lighting is very dim inside, very relaxing ambience. Server was amazing and extremely helpful. I believe his name was Eric. Appetizer and Sushi came out extremely quick. It was delicious. Big eye tuna kobachi was amazing! Also, the dragonfly roll! Would definitely come back again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was disappointingnot2pickyVIPDined on 8/2/2014Service deteriorated as the room we were seated in began to fill up. At that point service was inattentive. Food however was delicious. We enjoyed several sushi rolls and kobata salmon, as well as the short ribs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok experienceJBL0214Dined on 7/26/2014Came in at around 915.. They sat us pretty quick but then 20 minutes later, we where still sitting with nobody attending to us. Finally, i called one waiter who passed by and asked if he coukd take our orders.they gave us free appetizers to say sorry but did not expect that kind of service from a restaurant like this. The food was really good though..Special Features:
- Great RestaurantyummyeatsDined on 7/26/2014Had a great birthday dinner at Dragonfly. The food was delicious and the service was great! Thanks for such a great experience....this is definitely one of my favorite spots!Special Features:
- Fantastic Find!JnK4manDined on 7/19/2014Exactly what my husband and I were looking for on our weekend getaway in Orlando! Such a refreshing change from the plethora of chain restaurants and tourist traps. For sushi the bomb and lobster rolls were a knockout. The yellowtail collar with ponzu, waygu beef skewers, and duck skewers (on special the night we went) were unbelievable! I'd also recommend the rib eye yakisoba, wild mushroom ragu, and sauteed baby bok choy with garlic. The best small plate restaurant my husband and I have ever been to!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food and very cool decor.ImTheRedHeadDined on 7/12/2014I loved the modern decor and the great food! It's a great date night place or fun with a group of friends (I have been there twice and have not seen any kids.). We enjoyed their great happy hour specials and then had dinner. Everything was delicious! I really enjoyed their Ginger Salad, Crunch Sushi Rolls, Shrimp Tempura and the Fried Ice cream (big enough to share). We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Very nice !Sevenisland02Dined on 7/10/2014Second time for us and loved it more than the first time: tales some getting used to (selectionning the menu and evaluating the portions). Good recommodations given to us by our server. Will ne going back for sure !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Best Food Ever!SundayDriverVIPDined on 7/10/2014The Best Food Ever! Really you ask? Well if you enjoy healthy eating...you will appreciate watching your fresh simple food cook on the Robata Grill. I dined with my husband who does NOT eat sushi so he was reluctant to go to Dragonfly. Well we found out that Dragonfly is much more than great sushi! The grilled food is what differentiates it from all the other Japanese restaurants out there. Do not miss the Kobe beef sliders! Or the grilled U-10 shrimp! Grilled Mushrooms & Asparagus! All Yummy. All served in small portions so you can try a variety of dishes without over eating.Special Features:
- Second time here - AMAZINGMillersVIPDined on 7/7/2014Sushi is a SOOOO good here. Lots of care and thought put into menu and presentation. The cucumber martini and OJ Mojito are top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceKgt0217Dined on 7/7/2014The staff and experience at Dragonfly was amazing! They made my husband's surprise dinner so special! I was extremely impressed. We will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bday dinnerbeardown85Dined on 7/2/2014Everyone was very friendly and wished me a happy birthday. It was enjoyable as we just moved down to Orlando from Washington DC! Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and deliciousdina77Dined on 6/29/2014Great spot for sushi and robata grill. Love how the food is served in tapas style portions so, you can try several dishes and share.Special Features:
- One of our best meals ever...MillersVIPDined on 6/23/2014Coming from HUGE foodies I am telling you it was one of our top 10 overall best meals of all time.. Unfortunately they were out of the Kobe beef we ordered but they politely substituted the ribeye for free. Sushi is magnificent here and no idea why it was not busier. Great place.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not a fanjengeorgiaDined on 6/21/2014I was really excited to try this restaurant but the food did not live up to the hype. Our server was really great and the inside of the restaurant was nice but I thought most of the food was lacking in flavor, especially the sushi. I was really excited to try to sushi and it just left me very disappointed. We tried some items off of every part of the menu since it is more of a tapas style restaurant. Our favorites were the bacon wrapped asparagus and the brussel sprouts which were both great. The mixed drinks were also very good. However, we did not really like any of the main items. I do not think we will give this one a second chance. There are too many other great restaurants in the area!Special Features:
- again reliable changeShandy61VIPDined on 6/17/2014we visit dragon fly one on each visit from the uk-4 times a year-and have never been disappointed good service again this time and the sushi is excellentSpecial Features:
- Good night outJoeandAmyDined on 6/14/20141st time eating here, and it was awesome! They have a good selection of sushi, everything was great, I gave it 4 stars because some of the rolls we ordered fell apart instantly when we picked them up with our chopsticksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tired of the front desk attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/14/2014We eat at Dragonfly about every two months with our older teens. Last time, we dined at 6:00 pm and the dining room was virtually empty. The host wanted to place us at the very worst table in the back near the patio door. When we objected and asked for another table, the back was again suggested - just a different table. When I asked for seating in the main dining room, we were placed in a corner by the bathroom. This is not the first time we've dealt with this kind of attitude and I'm tired of the snooty behavior.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sexy, chic night spotmimiDined on 6/13/2014Sashimi was interesting and beyond fresh! Service was superb! Go here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous - just fabulousScottsdaleGuyVIPDined on 6/7/2014this place is at the top of our list for great design, bar, patio, courtyard, and parties regardless of the cities we've visited. please start one of these in Scottsdale.Special Features:
- Best Sushi in The CountryOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Hands down this is the best Sushi restaurant I have ever been too. Simply fantastic!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!otisrileyDined on 5/19/2014My wife and I came here on our date night while grandma watched the kids. Fancy cuisine is not typically my thing, as I can typically order off of the kid's menu. But the food here was PHENOMENAL. My wife enjoyed it just as much. Great service, great ambience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Best Sushi in Orlando--hands down!!EatthisandthatDined on 5/10/2014We've been coming here for a couple years now and will drive from across town just to eat Sushi here vs. somewhere closer to our house. Try the pork belly ramen noodle bowl!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Roboto SushiLoveTheSushiDined on 5/10/2014Great food and service, a real change for those of us who love Sushi to try some other Tapas from the Japanese cooked variety. We will definitely be going back and making recommendations to our friends.Special Features:
- Nearly missed Happy Hour!JCCHKVIPDined on 5/5/2014The online info says there is Valet Parking, which when you arrive you are thinking is essential as there seem to be no spaces around. Only problem is on Mondays they don't have one! The reception said he was out there somewhere but he wasn't! In fact parking in the under building parking is available when you know and its fine. Just nearly missed Happy hour while we navigated this issue! We had very nice appetisers outdoors and retreated inside for mains. Good quality although range was not as good as I expected. Still we enjoyed it and I would go back but take more time to work on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 395 reviews are from the Dragonfly - Robata Grill & Sushi reviews archive.
- UnconventionalFoodieGuyDined on 5/3/2014(1) The Cobra Kai was not to our taste - raw garlic pesto breaks all Japanese sushi convention-rules. (2) The presentation was awful - just dumped like a block of lego-pieces. Sushi should be presented with finesse - each morsel displayed individually. At Dragonfly there were all stuck together - 2x4 - in a rectangular block. Unconventional or lazy? I think the latter.Special Features:
- Good food, but a little bit spicySilviaDined on 5/2/2014The food was good, but too spicy, specially for my kids. The service was little bit slow. I shall probably come back but without my kids, as they don't have a kids menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi virginsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/2/2014My husband and I visited with relatives who love sushi and tried 6 different rolls and they loved it all. I think we need a little more exposure to learn to love it. Server was very knowledgeable and Pleasant
- AwesomeDine4usDined on 4/28/2014Food and service was amazing....definitely try the tenderloin from the grill - melts in your mouth. Also loved "The Bomb" sushi and the cucumber compulsion martini. This place is a must do in Orlando!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!ErnrusemDined on 4/26/2014My boyfriend and I had the privlage of dining here for the first time this past wknd. We love sushi and Dragonfly offered an excellent menu, service and enviroment. The presentation was very impressive. We will definitely be dining here again in the future.Special Features:
- Dinner experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014Had a reservation held for hours we go before the time and wait 30 mins to be seated then the sushi rolls were a little too big but delicious !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food! Great Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014A little pricey but if you go during Happy Hour from 4-7 they have great specials! For the sushi lovers it is definitely worth going. I would recommend this place to anyone. They are also kid friendly but if decide to get a sitter than it's also a great spot to have a few drinks, relax and unwind with some friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.