Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
2332 Leonard St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelzaza.com/#dallas/dragonfly
- Phone: (214) 550-9500
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Landsberg
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The ultimate, Uptown experience is extended to accommodate beautiful private and semi-private parties, lavish celebrations and private business meetings. Each of our rooms deliver a memorable Zaza experience with unique cuisine and impeccable service in an upscale atmosphere. Please call for details 214-550-9476.
- Entertainment: SIP & SPIN WITH DRAGONFLY EACH FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Sip cocktails while Dallas's top local DJs spin house favorites in Dragonfly Modern American Kitchen each Friday & Saturday night from 10pm-2am. For inquiries regarding bottle service and the weekly DJ lineup, please call 214.550.9500.
- Special Events: The restaurant can accommodate large parties. All groups 10 people or more, require a preset menu. Please contact us for additional details. Please call 214-550-9500 for large parties and special events.
A word from Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
With a newly redesigned menu, Dragonfly takes a playful twist on traditional modern American food classics. The updated culinary and design direction offers an experience accessible to all tastes, while delivering the same unsurpassed quality, creativity and artistic edge for which Hotel ZaZa is known. Chef Landsberg's menu uses the freshest foods of the season from local suppliers, as well as incorporating specialties from the region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (39)fit for foodies (30)hot spot (30)vibrant bar scene (28)romantic (26)late-night find (13)good for groups (12)neighborhood gem (9)notable wine list (8)great for outdoor dining (6)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (3)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Outstanding ServiceMarceloDined on 11/16/2014The food was very tasty and Luis, our server, was outstanding! Thank you for a memorable night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Absolutely wonderful service and the beef tenderloin was amazing!Special Features:
- Great findOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/7/2014Always heard about this place. Seating was quick. Waiter was very nice. Food was very good. Wifes steak was abit salty. Bar scene was lively and fun.Special Features:
- Perfect pre-opera dinnerLibiamoDined on 11/7/2014My friend and I needed to find a place that would take our reservation early enough for us to have dinner and still be in our seats at the Winspear Opera House by 7:30. Fortunately, Dragonfly had a 5:30 opening. We were seated promptly and served appetizer and entrees in plenty of time to leave at 6:45 for the opera house. The service was impeccable, the tenderloin was divine and the martinis were just right. Our server was awesome at getting us out the door in time without making us feel rushed during the meal. The restaurant itself is beautiful. Great place for a night out, whether you are attending a performance afterward, or dinner is your event. I will definitely go back.Special Features:
- LisaLisaDined on 10/28/2014I loved the entire dining experience! Chic hotel, fabulous food, great wine list!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WowSpapocaDined on 10/26/2014The Dragonfly was a beautiful place! SO romantic and fancy inside. Our waiter, Jason, was so good at his job. We were treated so special and the food was AMAZING!Special Features:
- Great brunch findKGJ14Dined on 10/26/2014I've dined at the Dragonfly several times for dinner, and its always good. BUT the brunch completely stands out as the star! I wasn't even aware that they served brunch until this trip and was very impressed. I ordered lobster tail benedict - which came out with a full friend lobster tail. Great value and delicious!Special Features:
- Food was of poor qualityJT9000Dined on 10/17/2014Food to long and when it did it was cold and not good my wife had a 5 oz area and I had Chicken we each had one drink and for $150 and cold did not workSpecial Features:
- Worth the effortWineGuy708VIPDined on 10/13/2014Can be a little hard to find if you don't know how to get in to Hotel ZaZa. However, it's worth the effort. It's nice to find a restaurant in Dallas that really tries to be unique and succeeds with funky decor, poolside tables and varied menu choices. We started with the Coconut Red Curry Mussels and Cauliflower Gruyere Soup, then to the Scallops and the Fish Feature (tilefish with Yukon Gold potatoes and olive tampenade), and finished with the House-Spun Slice of Ice. All were very good but the soup and dessert were outstanding and will become regular choices for us. Being a hotel, the crowd level and other diners will vary based on hotel guests but we particularly enjoyed the friendly and helpful staff (bartender Edgar and waiter Steve).Special Features:
- Very loudMelinMurphyDined on 10/11/2014We went on a Saturday night and the bar and seating area by the bar was very crowded, young and LOUD. The waiter did not seem familiar with specials - read from his sheet and couldn't answer specific questions. We ordered off the menu and none of our entrees were exceptional. They were good but we were hoping for something noteworthy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experience!TrustlilllyDined on 10/10/2014I loved the atmosphere and the service was excellent. They didn't quite get my steak cooked in the way I ordered it, so had to wait for them to get it right. But our waiter was very attentive and seemed so genuine, I didn't mind the wait. The house gave us a free round of drinks after the dinner which made me feel that they really take care of their customers.Special Features:
- Fun atmosphere.HotelRomeoDined on 10/4/2014We were visiting from Houston. Our server, Steve, was nothing short of amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great celebration dinnergoochDined on 9/14/2014My daughter and I went to Dragonfly for her 18th birthday. The food and service was fantastic. We ate outside since the weather was not too hot. The pool area is beautiful and we had attentive staff. They helped make her birthday great.Special Features:
- One of the best places in DallasLuvLSU10Dined on 9/6/2014My girlfriend and I went to Dallas for a weekend getaway for our anniversary. I have a buddy who lived in Dallas for a few years and asked him where is somewhere really nice to go out to dinner. He told me I had to go to Dragonfly and am glad he did. The place is located in downtown Dallas and wasn't far from our hotel. I had done my research about the place before going but once I arrived I was blown out of mind. The place is beautiful, the service was professional, the food was pricey but worth every penny and one of the best 3 course dinners I have ever had, the atmosphere was very upbeat and energetic and last it was romantic. Anytime I go back to Dallas I will be going there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to go in DallasFrankMVIPDined on 9/6/2014We love going to Dragonfly. The food is great, the service is excellent. We went with another couple and everyone raved about the food. We love the Noah's Ark to start the meal, and you can't go wrong with any of the entries. We will be back.Special Features:
- Great Food, Better ServiceDilynnDined on 8/22/2014We went to Dragon Fly for my fiancé's birthday because we were staying at Hotel Zaza. Much to our surprise, it was also restaurant week. I had a steak and my fiancé had the chicken. It was all very good, but our night was made special by our waiter, Mike. He was amazing. The restaurant was packed and he was super busy, but he made us feel like we were the only people there. I suggest the dumplings for an appetizer and the pomegranate martini is wonderful.Special Features:
- Loud and unimpressive. Overpriced.FoodieDocDined on 8/22/2014The place was busy, dark and loud. We sat at a table in the main area below the bar and could hardly hear each other speak. Throughout the night we watched other guests use their phones to read the menus. And cigarette smoke came in from outside. The service was a little slow as well. My peach jalapeno martini and calamari salad were the biggest hits of the night. The blueberry semifreddo was also good, but I left glad I hadn't paid full prices. The jumbo prawn was bland with nothing accompanying it of significance. I was glad for the side of Mac & cheese. The crab salad with green tomatoes was felt to be a waste and the Oreo based dessert was overdone with not enough contrasting flavours to be a truly interesting dessert.Special Features:
- Pretty & NicefoodievirgoDined on 8/22/2014Its a site to see. The steak, i hear, was amazingly good. Atmosphere is relaxing.Special Features:
- Great for datesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/22/2014Small restaurant attached to Hotel Zsa-Zsa, it remains an excellent choice for a night out. The bar/pool scene is always vibrant, and it is definitely where the pretty people go! Good food, great atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved everything!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/20/2014The food and service was top notch! Steven was the best server i've had in a long time. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visitTommyODined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Dragonfly and we were a little underwhelmed. The service was excellent, although our server did have the annoying habit of touching my shoulder every time he walked by our table. By the end of the night we were just laughing about it. The food was good, but lacked some flavor, perhaps a drawback to Restaurant Week and cranking out the same dishes most of the night. We will go back to sample their full menu at another time.Special Features:
- Great food with quality serviceMichaelDined on 8/16/2014My friend and I decided on dinner after a matinee performance of a play. Since restaurant week was in progress we decided to make reservations for that purpose. We were greeted immediately with a welcoming smile as being shown to our seats. Our waiter was a master at his skill. He was very knowledgeable of the choices on the menu and offer suggestions. Management checked on us twice during the course of the evening. The food was very good and well presented. It was a great experience that made the night complete. I recommend this place. I plan to go back to try other menu items not listed as a choice for restaurant week.Special Features:
- What a special nightJustplanomeDined on 8/15/2014What a great night, food was great, staff was so friendly. Staff made us feel so welcomed. Food was very tasty. I should have taken a picture of every dish, they were very well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of Luck at the DragonflyDawson64VIPDined on 8/13/2014The Pearfect Martini was WONDERFUL! The hostess was really great and helped us enlarge our table to accommodate an extra person. Our waiter was really nice and encouraged us in our giving during Restaurant Week. I ordered the calamari salad which was EXCELLENT; I ate the entire thing, but was disappointed in the Jumbo Prawns which were overcooked, my dining partner returned her's as well for being overcooked. The tenderloin however was really good and I enjoyed it. Just a little crisp on the edges (which is the way I like it) and juicy.Special Features:
- Reservationjax1234Dined on 8/9/2014I waited one hour before I was seated ans yet I had a reservationSpecial Features:
- Food had no tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Cheese board was awful. I think the cheese was rotten. Bread was cold. The worst Cesar salad, the greens were sour and the dressing lacked flavor. Gruyere Mac N Cheese was like butter and cream noodles, no cheese flavor. Ribeye was good but the sesame ginger tenderloin was too salty.
- Very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Alex was made sure our night was memorable - very attentive service, great food.Special Features:
- Great Meal !DinnerVIPDined on 7/28/2014Wonderful service, wonderful food. A little surprised by the glass of red and glass of white! I should ask the price next time...still a great dinner though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningKTnKPDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter Luis, was attentive without being ubiquitous, professional style and a pleasure to talk with. Overall experience was wonderful, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit a delightful surprise!DallasdinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014It was our first visit. Service was quick and helpful and warm. Menu somewhat limited but every dish we ordered was superb. (We have to meet their chef !) Dragonfly is somehow different from most restaurants.... slowly occurs to you that you are having a very good time here. Not only the great food but the underlay of excitement in the ambience and the attentive but understated service. We shall return again... and again!Special Features:
- Not impressed anymoreChristi8312013Dined on 7/26/2014I loved that my twin daughters were made to feel special for their 18th birthday by the hostess and waiters. Our waiter, Michael (I think that's his name) was awesome. However, the menu did not have many entree choices--- a disappointment. In year's past, the ambiance was really comfortable but eclectic with the couches and the curtains. Now it's just so-so. Also, we were like the only people there (no prob) but we were seated in a corner hidden away to where we did not see the best parts of the restaurant -- bar area and windows overlooking the pool area. Unfortunately, the place is not special anymore. I would not recommend friends to go there for dinner for a special night out. Too many other options in Dallas ....
- The following 747 reviews are from the Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa reviews archive.
- Amazing drinks, cuisine, & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014Had an amazing time at Dragonfly for our anniversary...the staff (especially Steve Williams - our waiter) were amazingly attentive to our needs. I would absolutely recommend this as a dinner / drink spot for anyone who wants a great environment in the heart of Uptown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb or sublime. Not sure whichTimDDined on 7/4/2014After 60 yrs of dining out I think I'm a little jaded. But then I dined at Dragonfly. There are no words to describe all levels and aspect of food, drinks, and service. For a refresher on what makes a truly memorable experience go to Dragonfly. It redefines and refreshes the jaded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, inventive, outstanding!MichaelDined on 6/29/2014After a weekend with only BBQ and fast food, which was hard for an European goumet like me, I was very surpised to find that nice restaurant with an elegant and romantic touch. I instantly felt somewhat like home there. The food is a modern and creative interpretation of American standards and was remarkable good! Together with an outstanding and friendly service I had a really great dining experience and can recommend this restaurant to all friends of cultivated and inventive American cuisine!Special Features:
- More of a bar, than restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/25/2014Zsa Zsa has a beautiful dining room, but it was not open the night we were there. The seating is the bar area was more of a bar scene that restaurant which is what I had expected. Food good. Service good.Special Features:
- Incredibly Average MealReturningDinerDined on 6/17/2014Hotel ZaZa is a great funky scene, with an eclectic crowd. The restaurant was very flat. The beef I ordered was almost flavorless - there was a total lack of seasoning on it and the potatoes. One of the girls with me had scallops, and described them as underseasoned and average. The desert list is tiny - and both the Crème Brulee and the Ice Cream dish were uninspired. The only compliment I can give is that the champagne list is nice with a few good choices. For a $600 meal for three people with wine - I would have preferred anything - even a chain steak house over it.
- Great Fathers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014great service from all the waiters! and manager. Steak was actually cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!lpw1VIPDined on 6/14/2014Always a winner in my book. The food is exceptional and presentation equally impressive, especially the appetizer called Noah. Thanks for a special early Father's Day celebration.Special Features:
- Great food, service, and fun!Dallasite1Dined on 6/12/2014We were treated like Royalty, with apps and dessert on the house for my Mom's 65th Birthday. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experience!MimiDined on 6/7/2014Had a wonderful dining experience here. Food and ambiance was fantastic! I would really recommend the calamari salad and lamb rack. Definitely would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.