Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
2332 Leonard St.
Dallas, TX 75201Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.hotelzaza.com/#dallas/dragonfly
- Phone: 2145509500x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm; Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Dan Landsberg
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: The ultimate, Uptown experience is extended to accommodate beautiful private and semi-private parties, lavish celebrations and private business meetings. Each of our rooms deliver a memorable Zaza experience with unique cuisine and impeccable service in an upscale atmosphere. Please call for details 214-550-9476.
- Entertainment: SIP & SPIN WITH DRAGONFLY EACH FRIDAY & SATURDAY
Sip cocktails while Dallas's top local DJs spin house favorites in Dragonfly Modern American Kitchen each Friday & Saturday night from 10pm-2am. For inquiries regarding bottle service and the weekly DJ lineup, please call 214.550.9500.
- Special Events: The restaurant can accommodate large parties. All groups 10 people or more, require a preset menu. Please contact us for additional details. Please call 214-550-9500 for large parties and special events.
A word from Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa
With a newly redesigned menu, Dragonfly takes a playful twist on traditional modern American food classics. The updated culinary and design direction offers an experience accessible to all tastes, while delivering the same unsurpassed quality, creativity and artistic edge for which Hotel ZaZa is known. Chef Landsberg's menu uses the freshest foods of the season from local suppliers, as well as incorporating specialties from the region.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa - Best Restaurants in Uptown ›
Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa reviews from OpenTable diners
56 reviews since April 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (34)vibrant bar scene (26)fit for foodies (25)romantic (24)hot spot (20)good for groups (11)great for brunch (10)neighborhood gem (10)great for outdoor dining (10)late-night find (10)notable wine list (8)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- First visitTommyODined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to Dragonfly and we were a little underwhelmed. The service was excellent, although our server did have the annoying habit of touching my shoulder every time he walked by our table. By the end of the night we were just laughing about it. The food was good, but lacked some flavor, perhaps a drawback to Restaurant Week and cranking out the same dishes most of the night. We will go back to sample their full menu at another time.Special Features:
- What a special nightJustplanomeDined on 8/15/2014What a great night, food was great, staff was so friendly. Staff made us feel so welcomed. Food was very tasty. I should have taken a picture of every dish, they were very well presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Touch of Luck at the DragonflyDawson64VIPDined on 8/13/2014The Pearfect Martini was WONDERFUL! The hostess was really great and helped us enlarge our table to accommodate an extra person. Our waiter was really nice and encouraged us in our giving during Restaurant Week. I ordered the calamari salad which was EXCELLENT; I ate the entire thing, but was disappointed in the Jumbo Prawns which were overcooked, my dining partner returned her's as well for being overcooked. The tenderloin however was really good and I enjoyed it. Just a little crisp on the edges (which is the way I like it) and juicy.Special Features:
- Reservationjax1234Dined on 8/9/2014I waited one hour before I was seated ans yet I had a reservationSpecial Features:
- Food had no tasteOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Cheese board was awful. I think the cheese was rotten. Bread was cold. The worst Cesar salad, the greens were sour and the dressing lacked flavor. Gruyere Mac N Cheese was like butter and cream noodles, no cheese flavor. Ribeye was good but the sesame ginger tenderloin was too salty.
- Very attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/9/2014Alex was made sure our night was memorable - very attentive service, great food.Special Features:
- Great Meal !DinnerVIPDined on 7/28/2014Wonderful service, wonderful food. A little surprised by the glass of red and glass of white! I should ask the price next time...still a great dinner though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful eveningKTnKPDined on 7/26/2014Our waiter Luis, was attentive without being ubiquitous, professional style and a pleasure to talk with. Overall experience was wonderful, highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First visit a delightful surprise!DallasdinerVIPDined on 7/26/2014It was our first visit. Service was quick and helpful and warm. Menu somewhat limited but every dish we ordered was superb. (We have to meet their chef !) Dragonfly is somehow different from most restaurants.... slowly occurs to you that you are having a very good time here. Not only the great food but the underlay of excitement in the ambience and the attentive but understated service. We shall return again... and again!Special Features:
- Not impressed anymoreChristi8312013Dined on 7/26/2014I loved that my twin daughters were made to feel special for their 18th birthday by the hostess and waiters. Our waiter, Michael (I think that's his name) was awesome. However, the menu did not have many entree choices--- a disappointment. In year's past, the ambiance was really comfortable but eclectic with the couches and the curtains. Now it's just so-so. Also, we were like the only people there (no prob) but we were seated in a corner hidden away to where we did not see the best parts of the restaurant -- bar area and windows overlooking the pool area. Unfortunately, the place is not special anymore. I would not recommend friends to go there for dinner for a special night out. Too many other options in Dallas ....
- Amazing drinks, cuisine, & serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014Had an amazing time at Dragonfly for our anniversary...the staff (especially Steve Williams - our waiter) were amazingly attentive to our needs. I would absolutely recommend this as a dinner / drink spot for anyone who wants a great environment in the heart of Uptown!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb or sublime. Not sure whichTimDDined on 7/4/2014After 60 yrs of dining out I think I'm a little jaded. But then I dined at Dragonfly. There are no words to describe all levels and aspect of food, drinks, and service. For a refresher on what makes a truly memorable experience go to Dragonfly. It redefines and refreshes the jaded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative, inventive, outstanding!MichaelDined on 6/29/2014After a weekend with only BBQ and fast food, which was hard for an European goumet like me, I was very surpised to find that nice restaurant with an elegant and romantic touch. I instantly felt somewhat like home there. The food is a modern and creative interpretation of American standards and was remarkable good! Together with an outstanding and friendly service I had a really great dining experience and can recommend this restaurant to all friends of cultivated and inventive American cuisine!Special Features:
- More of a bar, than restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/25/2014Zsa Zsa has a beautiful dining room, but it was not open the night we were there. The seating is the bar area was more of a bar scene that restaurant which is what I had expected. Food good. Service good.Special Features:
- Incredibly Average MealReturningDinerDined on 6/17/2014Hotel ZaZa is a great funky scene, with an eclectic crowd. The restaurant was very flat. The beef I ordered was almost flavorless - there was a total lack of seasoning on it and the potatoes. One of the girls with me had scallops, and described them as underseasoned and average. The desert list is tiny - and both the Crème Brulee and the Ice Cream dish were uninspired. The only compliment I can give is that the champagne list is nice with a few good choices. For a $600 meal for three people with wine - I would have preferred anything - even a chain steak house over it.
- Great Fathers DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014great service from all the waiters! and manager. Steak was actually cooked perfectly!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!lpw1Dined on 6/14/2014Always a winner in my book. The food is exceptional and presentation equally impressive, especially the appetizer called Noah. Thanks for a special early Father's Day celebration.Special Features:
- Great food, service, and fun!Dallasite1Dined on 6/12/2014We were treated like Royalty, with apps and dessert on the house for my Mom's 65th Birthday. Food was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous dining experience!MimiDined on 6/7/2014Had a wonderful dining experience here. Food and ambiance was fantastic! I would really recommend the calamari salad and lamb rack. Definitely would return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We will go againSalbertsonsDined on 5/11/2014This was our first time to dine at Dragonfly. The food was delicious, and the service was superb. The wedge salad was very good. The lettuce was not drowning in blue cheese dressing, and the addition of finely chopped chives gave the dish an extra good flavor. The lamb was perfectly cooked at medium rare, and the fave beans were flavored to perfection. One of the other members of our party had the Oama. The fish was beautifully presented whole, and the diner ate every bite. The only additional disclosure I would make is that dining here will cost you $100 per person if you order cocktails, salad, main course, and dessert. But, overall this restaurant was a wonderful experience, and we will go again.Special Features:
- Great Mothers Day brunchNewToDallasDined on 5/11/2014First time to Dragonfly. Was expecting a prix fix menu but pleasantly surprised we could order from the menu. Fantastic smoked salmon eggs Benedict! Server was attentive and great. Would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dragonfly Dinner 2014Dragonflysaucey6Dined on 5/3/2014Drinks were amazing, All the Food was to die for (soft crab was not) I would recommend taking it off the menu. Our waiter Jason was very professional and very at tentative to our needs.Special Features:
- amazingNickVDined on 5/3/2014I proposed to my now fiancé at the dragonfly and the atmosphere, service and food was absolutely incredible! We will be going back for our anniversary every year at least. The hotel is absolutely stunning as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The StandardPamelaDined on 4/30/2014Dragonfly @ Hotel Zaza is the Gold standard for a consistently upbeat, energetic atmospher while providing unique fare and awsome drinks. It doesn't get much better than Dragonfly in Dallas.Special Features:
- Great Place to Eat!!!DerokkDined on 4/27/2014The breakfast was awesome. The restaurant is decorated really neat. The server Juan was very good.Special Features:
- Great FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/26/2014fun place, very noisy, but vibrant. Excellent Food and service. A bit pricey. Wine is marked up more than most.Special Features:
- The following 731 reviews are from the Dragonfly at Hotel ZaZa reviews archive.
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2014We really enjoyed Easter brunch at the Dragonfly. The food was very good, although it was expensive. Our waiter, Michael, was fabulous - very attentive and entertaining. We will be back!Special Features:
- Great service, drinks & appetizersLdotDined on 4/18/2014In the future when staying at ZaZa, I will only order a snack to hold me over along with cocktails. Our main courses were lacking in flavor, good presentation, decent appetizers, salads were exceptable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent food, stellar serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/17/2014Derek (server) was great. Food and wine were supurb. Will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will be back...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014The food and service were great. The waiter was efficient, friendly and knowledgable.Special Features:
- Go if you want to be seenDes2013VIPDined on 4/13/2014The food was good, but I wouldn't say that it is anything impressive, especially for the price point. It's definitely the type of place you go to if you are staying in the hotel or if you want to be seen by a specific demographic.Special Features:
- Nothing short of phenomenalMaryDined on 4/6/2014I can't gush enough about our experience at Dragonfly. A friend referred our out-of-towner group and we couldn't have made a better decision. With a simply Open Table reservation we were seated in the private wine room for our group because the staff thought our group would be less crowded. It was quiet in our room but we could see the bar and it was quite lively. We had multiple servers and managers checking in on us and never waited or wanted for a thing. The food was excellent, the drinks were creative and delicious and the service was impeccable. I wish I could go every weekend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very surprisedOutstandingDined on 4/5/2014Service and food was impeccable. Did not expect this at allSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor food for a quaility price....NotimpressedDined on 4/4/2014Hands down great people watching and fun location. But the food was way over priced and very bland. My $$$$ steak was under seasoned and my $$$$ drink was watered down. I would have been better stay home grilling and opening a bottle of my own. I'll go back for the Tarot card reader but, would eat / drink somewhere else.... if it helps the waiter was really nice :/.Special Features:
- Amazing Ambiance and ServicePsy419Dined on 3/30/2014My wife and I went here for our 2 year wedding anniversary and I must say it was fantastic. The food was all very good, a little small on the portion sizes, but very tasty. The service was excellent as our waiter walked us through most of the menu with his recommendations, and was on top of everything we needed, answering any of our questions easily. I will definitely be back here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going back!kburkeDined on 3/29/2014Only had an appetizer. .. was ok but could have probably been beget for the price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!FrankMVIPDined on 3/28/2014We eat at Dragonfly often. It has a vibrant bar scene, but you can still have a quiet dinner in the back dining room if you like. The servers are always extremely attentive, making sure to take care of your needs. The food is sourced with local products and changes with seasons. The food is innovative and delicious. We highly recommend Dragonfly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First DatecatyleaDined on 3/13/2014Comfortable, atmosphere and decor. It was not annoying at all. Food pretty spicy, deserts excellent but too small. That can be good thing so you will likely avoid that over eating bloated feeling. Drinks great. I had great company so my attention was more focused on my date.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Calamari and Scallops, what a pair!yum2tumDined on 3/8/2014First, always make a reservation for the back room. If you get a table by the bar, it will be extremely noisy and loud. The back room however, is very nice and the place to dine. Calamari salad has a taste like none other and is wonderful. We had the Scallops as the entree and ate every last drop. They were fantastic. The Ribeye steak with spinach and goat cheese tater tots were also extremely good. Service was also great, and the wine was wonderful. We will certainly go back for a 3rd visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/22/2014The food was wonderful. The gruyere mac and cheese is a must and the Slice of Ice dessert is amazing! Fantastic service!Special Features: