202 W 4th Street
Winston-Salem, NC 27101Neighborhood:
ThaiPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.downtownthai.com/
- Phone: 3367771422
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Thai
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wine
A word from Downtown Thai
Come and join us for great Thai food and Sushi and all your favorite cocktails, cold beer, and fine wine from our full service bar. Our sushi is Artisan-crafted to order from the freshest ingredients.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Downtown Thai reviews from OpenTable diners
2 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Downtown ThaiFoodieDined on 8/27/2014Great food, great service, great downtown locationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Reviews are misleadingwvfoodieDined on 6/30/2014Many online reviews suggest a dress code. I saw no dress code. In fact we were over dressed in jacket and khakis. Food was good. Sushi was great! We ordered too much food but we tried many items. All were very tasty!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service mediocre foodLeboss22VIPDined on 10/4/2013We had about 7 different people wait on us. None of which were good and none of them communicate with one another. THE food was ok but not worth the price. Won't go back.
- Excellent food, prompt service.Loavesandfishes2VIPDined on 9/11/2013Excellent food, prompt service. Authentic flavors. Parking can be a challenge, but worth itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EhOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/16/2013This was our second visit to Downtown Thai. We wanted it to be good, but honestly, it just isn't. The Basil Chicken is extremely bland--no trace of the sweet, sour, salty, spicy notes of traditional Thai cooking. Additionally, the Pad Thai was mediocre at best as well. We did enjoy the spring rolls quite a bit, but that was the first and last of the flavor. Service was very good. The location and ambiance of the restaurant is great, but the flavor was severely lacking. At the prices they charge ($18+ for dinner dishes), they really could afford to add some flavor. Please don't waste your time if you are looking for flavorful food. Sorry :(.Special Features:
- Too sweetOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/22/2013Had the Tom Kha Kai and some chicken red curry. Both were tasty but Way Too Sweet. I have eaten Thai curry all over the US, EU and in Thailand and never had curry that had this much sugar in it. If they would tone that down their food would be very good.
- Went for sushikh230056VIPDined on 6/19/2013Took a date and had a large amount of sushi. It was excellent! The service was timely and the recommendation for sake with the sushi was well placed. Nice location downtown Winston-Salem. We sat outside on a nice spring/summer evening. Was very pleasant! Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/17/2013Food was really good & loved the large mixed drinks : ) Service was excellent!Special Features:
- Great thai and sushi spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/18/2013I love Downtown Thai. The food is great. My husband and I love their sushi as well as their pad thai. Great flavor and freshness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic food!foodlover13Dined on 4/27/2013I absolutely love Downtown Thai! My prom date took me to eat here last year, and I loved it so much I asked to be taken again! The food was even better this year! The ambiance was absolutely perfect. Not only was the food absolutely delectable, but the service was also fantastic! The waiters were very friendly and efficient! I would definitely recommend coming here for a nice dinner date for two. This is a top notch restaurant! Also, for those who enjoy spicy food like I do, I would definitely recommend the Pad Spicy! Yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was not very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/12/2013The food was not very good. The menu stated the entre would be sautéed, and it was steamed.
- Just So-SoOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 3/23/2013Wasn't blown away by any stretch of the imagination. Our Japanese (rolls) were just acceptable. Rice was not authentic "sticky rice" and 3 kinds of fish were tasteless leading us to believe they've been previously frozen. Paltry amounts of fish too. All four of us got Thai dinner entrees. They were fair. Our summer rolls were very good. The menu items, from apps to entrees, in our collective opinions were very overpriced. All-in-all, an OK experience. Go if you want the "downtown scene" but if you want great Thai or sushi, look further. Winston-Salem has both.
- I took an out of town visitorJoechefDined on 2/21/2011I took an out of town visitor to Downtown Thai. He was someone quite knowledgeable about Asian cuisines of all kinds. He was very impressed with the food (I always am). The duck was superb and he said it was the best he had had. The sashimi was also quite excellent at this visit. I try to have something different each time i go and have not been disappointed yet. What is impressive to me is the fact that this restaurant impresses everyone regardless of their knowledge of Thai food.Special Features: