140 East Marietta Street
Canton, GA 30114Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thedowntownkitchen.com/
- Phone: 7704791616
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Zach Kell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: We have a live music venue with a full bar and plasma screens TVs available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Corey Shupert 7704791616
- Entertainment: We have live music most weekend nights so check us out at www.thedowntownkitchen.com or on Facebook
A word from Downtown Kitchen
Welcome to the Downtown Kitchen. We have one goal in mind when we open our doors every day - "To do whatever it takes to create the best dining experience possible.' That means buying certified Angus beef, Ashley Farms chicken, New Zealand Spring lamb, dayboat fish and fresh local produce. We change our menus daily according to market and season availability. Our style of cooking is defined as simplicity at its best. We built the restaurant to elevate the guests' level of comfort. The bar, tables, and booths were custom-made by a local wood worker. And we searched the nation for unique works of Art to deck our walls. Music of Blues and Rock greats fill the air. Service is as important as the food. Our staff is sincere, knowledgeable and friendly. They hustle to deliver the best service around, yet take the time to remember your name and how you like your drink.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Downtown Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Downtown Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (56)special occasion (43)fit for foodies (33)romantic (20)good for groups (19)hot spot (14)notable wine list (13)vibrant bar scene (12)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Best of CantonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/30/2014Great service. Great food and drinks. Great urban vibe. This restaurant has been around for a long time and is consistently excellent. It's located just off the historic Main Street area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our visit dinner there last night. The food and service were outstanding. The menu is varied with additional specials. We enjoyed two of the specials, Amberjack and Filet with green chili sauce. There were both excellent. We especially enjoyed the deep fried ribs appetizer. The prices are reasonable for the quality of the food and service. We were offered the option seating downstairs for the lively atmosphere or upstairs for a quieter evening. We sat upstairs. Even though we sat (by choice) close to the bar, we enjoyed our table. We are looking forward to our next dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakscoringa9Dined on 8/27/2014The menu at Downtown Kitchen was very diverse in its choices, but I had heard that their steaks were very good. That proved to be very true. I had the hangar steak and it was one of the most tender steaks I have ever eaten. Definitely would return here!Special Features:
- Always AwesomeTroyDined on 8/22/2014Fresh ingredients, knowledgable and attentive staff and a diverse menu make The Downtown Kitchen one of the best restaurants in the Atlanta area. Definately worth the drive to Canton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014This is my favorite restaurant! Would recommend to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightBarryDined on 8/16/2014Our go to place. Filled with great friends, fabulous food, supreme entertainment on Saturday nights. Cory and his staff make you feel important , making your whole dining experience a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good musicGypsyDined on 8/16/2014The food was great - some items a bit pricey, but enough items on the menu to avoid them. The service is good and small town friendly, which I love. I have eaten here before with the same dining experience, but this was the first time I've gone on Saturday night. Upstairs, they have a (good) band on Saturday night and a small dance floor.... and the same "neighborhood friendliness". It's almost like going to a party in the neighborhood, except you don't have to bring anything :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014only bad things were VERY high noise level and could not allow us to use Visa gift cardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Checked ReviewsLooking4SomethingNewDined on 8/16/2014I had been checking reviews of restaurants we have not tried yet. I saw so many great reviews for Downtown Kitchen that we just had to try it. It was everything everyone said! Great food, great service and the price was reasonable. We will be back!Special Features:
- outstanding serviceJohnVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were late for our reservations and all seats were taken when we arrived Josh our waiter last time we dined there came up to say hello and got us a table in his section he is truly an outstanding waiter and goes above and beyond to make sure everything is taken care of. he is truly an asset to downtown kithenSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicechristmasDined on 8/9/2014Went there for dinner with friends and couldn't have asked for a better place to eat! Food was excellent and the service was top notch. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBarryDined on 8/2/2014Could not have been better. Balloon and flowers for my wife for her birthday Food and service exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerluvmydkDined on 8/1/2014I love the DK. It never disappoints with food and fine staff.Special Features:
- Delicious-Delightful Family EveningClaraBartonDined on 7/28/2014We are visiting Atlanta on a last minute trip and found Downtown Kitchen. My 10 year old ADORED the grilled chicken from the kid's menu. My 13 year old devoured his filet and LOVED the garlic mashed potatoes. The hangar steak wontons are a fabulous appetizer. My husband and I enjoyed the fish special and the lamp special that night. Both were delicious. Our waiter was attentive, helpful and thoughtful. We got to meet the chef and let him know how much we enjoyed our meal. Wish we lived closer so we could dine here more often. We will have a favorite spot to visit whenever we venture to Atlanta now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Rivals best in AtlantaLkng4theBestDined on 7/26/2014DK rivals the best restaurants in Atlanta hidden away in Canton. Food and Service 2nd to None. Just had our Anniversary Dinner there and the extra things they did to make it special was incredible. Will be back again and again.Special Features:
- Pretty good - highs and lows.supertasterDined on 7/26/2014I spent a birthday dinner there with relatives and there's a great atmosphere for a Saturday night. The appetizer of fried mushrooms was very good, the red pepper/tomato bisque was good, and my steak was only fair, sadly. The cut seemed sub-par for the price, and the cook was given "good-medium" as an instruction but it came out rare overall. We were in a hurry or I would have sent it back, but still it was good because of the pairing with the bleu cheese I ordered separately. Wine list is good, service was good. I'm hoping they strive for excellent, but they are worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014As always we had and exceptional time and an outstanding meal. Love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and Managment are great!RickyJDined on 7/25/2014We try to done in at least a couple times a month. The food is always superb and a nice atmosphere. The service has always been spot on and Jason the manager is always kind enough to stop by and thank us for visiting. Ps the Peanut butter pie is off the chain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good local spottma71Dined on 7/25/2014This is good fine dining - like you would find in a major city - in a local town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in DTK!dab1Dined on 7/19/2014Went with my daughter and son-in-law to celebrate my birthday and was very disappointed. Ordered a filet mignon - disappointing. I have never had one (which is all I order when I order a steak) with fat and gristle in it - couldn't even chew it. And on top of that, it was $36! Nothing was mentioned about my birthday even though it was listed when we made the reservation. Won't go back!
- Great serviceStampyDined on 7/11/2014Cindy, our server, was knowledgeable and personable. She was fun to interact with and made us feel right at home. Food was a little pricey, but the location, ambience, and service was worth it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was amazingLucyDined on 7/11/2014Food was great! We sat upstairs and it was much quiter on a Friday night at 7pm. Service was great. Will definitely return and highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DK-Canton, GAHickoryFlatFoodieDined on 7/8/2014Downtown kitchen is a little restaurant gem found in Canton Georgia. The food is fantastic, and you won't find better service anywhere. They are known for great steaks, but the DK Fried Chicken is my favorite! Their Hangar Steak is also one of my go-to choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A True GemBryanDined on 7/3/2014It's been a few years since I've dined at Downtown Kitchen. I was worried that it wouldn't live up to my amazing experience last time. To my delight, it was even better. The've pared down the menu to allow them to have more specials. The core menu is a combination of essential steakhouse fare with staples of a southern fine dining experience. Our food was amazing and our server was perfect. I can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Great as alwaysDJ64Dined on 6/28/2014Sorry I can not rememberer the servers name but he was enthusiastic, and very knowledgable on the menu. My wife was very impressed with your fish taco special for the night. The andouille pork tenderloin was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So Good!barnoneDined on 6/28/2014The food here is exceptional. It is crafted with care and delivered quickly and with friendliness! The atmosphere is comfortable and relaxing. Come out and try it for yourself!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't go wrong. Just plain good.CouplesNightOutDined on 6/27/2014If you went just for the bread and sun dried tomato balsamic dip it would be a night to remember. A great selection of locally brewed beers. Excellent dried aged beef and fresh fish entrées are just a few of the basics. Don't get away with trying the tomato caprese salad. Unique specials every night. And some of the best wait staff in the business. This restaurant is a win win scenario for lunch or dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!YumyumDined on 6/27/2014The food was amazing, and the staff was even better! It's a fun place - very busy though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulIshouldweighDined on 6/26/2014Still one of my favorite places to eat! You can't get anything better in Canton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- another great meal in Canton!!!dcastaldiVIPDined on 6/26/2014Yes, Canton!! The DK makes Canton seem like the city with an edgy energy and fabulous food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect!KimCDined on 6/25/2014We love this place! Friendly staff, individual attention, and delicious food!Special Features:
- everything was greatbenNjennDined on 6/25/2014Service was excellent. We sat at the bar with Michael ; everything was timed well, the food was excellent! He made suggestions that my wife tried with the duct and it was great.. Our eating area was kept well bussed by Mike and all the other servers constantly sweeping through the restaurant to move things we were done with.. would strongly suggest if you are in the area that you consider it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real GEM in CantondcastaldiVIPDined on 6/21/2014Living in and around Canton, GA might as well be like being on a bland, primarily fast-food and the typical chain eateries. However, there are a couple of real GEMS out there in Canton if you're lucky enough to find them. Downtown Kitchen, in the heart of what's still called "the Canton Square" is an oasis in an otherwise dull culinary existance in Canton. The Downtown Kitchen features an extremely broad and appealing menu - from steak to seafood and everything seems made to order fresh and delicious! The owner and head chef seem to have a handle on what their diners want and deliver exquisitely tasting food course after course. Excellent place for dinner and we will be going back often!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way Over-pricedrfojrDined on 6/21/2014Generally portions are small and prices are high. The Charcuterie appetizer had itty bitty pieces of cheese along with 5 slices of duck ham for $9. My wife and I could not eat the duck, it was disgusting and the cheese was not enough for one person let alone two. I really wanted a piece of meat but at $41 for a 10 oz Delmonico ribeye I decided on something else. Wild boar was my choice at $31 and I was surprised at the size of the meal (really the lack thereof). Needless to say I was snacking on something 2 hours after I got home. If you have to eat in Canton go around the corner to Goin Coastal. You might not get your meat fix there but the food is always good and at a fair price.
- Just Plain GoodMauryVIPDined on 6/19/2014Not too fancy and not pretentious, but VERY good food, VERY attentive service, varied menu, accommodating kitchen, super-clean, not over-priced and easy parking. Good wine list, bourbon specialists in the bar and not too noisy. Music on weekends is quite good.Special Features:
- FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/10/2014Great food, great service. We really enjoyed our meal. The service was excellent. We will be back.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/7/2014Downtown Kitchen is our "go to" place in Canton for special occasions. The food is great and the staff is too. Even when the pace is hectic, they don't show it. It's a great place to relax and have a wonderful meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST in Canton!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/4/2014Top notch food, service and atmosphere. We can go for a date night or as the family and we always enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this restaurantNodrakeDined on 5/29/2014We live in Canton and eat here frequently. The food is consistently good as well as the service. Nice wine selection as well. So glad to have this as a dining option in Canton.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/28/2014The service is outstanding. The menu choices will satisfy any and all taste!Special Features: