140 East Marietta Street
Canton, GA 30114Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://thedowntownkitchen.com/
- Phone: (770) 479-1616
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Executive Chef: Zach Kell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room
- Private Party Facilities: We have a live music venue with a full bar and plasma screens TVs available for private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Corey Shupert 7704791616
- Entertainment: We have live music most weekend nights so check us out at www.thedowntownkitchen.com or on Facebook
A word from Downtown Kitchen
Welcome to the Downtown Kitchen. We have one goal in mind when we open our doors every day - "To do whatever it takes to create the best dining experience possible.' That means buying certified Angus beef, Ashley Farms chicken, New Zealand Spring lamb, dayboat fish and fresh local produce. We change our menus daily according to market and season availability. Our style of cooking is defined as simplicity at its best. We built the restaurant to elevate the guests' level of comfort. The bar, tables, and booths were custom-made by a local wood worker. And we searched the nation for unique works of Art to deck our walls. Music of Blues and Rock greats fill the air. Service is as important as the food. Our staff is sincere, knowledgeable and friendly. They hustle to deliver the best service around, yet take the time to remember your name and how you like your drink.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Downtown Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Canton ›
Downtown Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (50)fit for foodies (35)special occasion (32)good for groups (20)romantic (18)hot spot (16)notable wine list (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Neighborhood GemAussie6164Dined on 11/22/2014The hanger steak is the specialty and it does not disappoint. The fried chicken was also very good. I can't wait to go back and try something else. The hanger steak won tons looked great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Impressed and Pleased!DiscerningScorpioDined on 11/6/2014I selected this restaurant from the opentable website for a first date. As it turns out, this was the perfect spot! The vibe was cool but not pretentious, the waitstaff friendly and knowledgeable and the food excellent. I really liked the fact that the menu had a nice variety of tasty looking items, making my decision quite difficult. We opted for a couple of appetizers to share, and were quite pleased. We also ordered one of the specials for our entrees, and it was delicious. I was also quite pleased that they offered corkage, so I was able to bring a nice bottle of wine from my cellar that I knew my date would like. Importantly, the waitstaff were responsive, but not intrusive, and the date went so well, we are now on date #3!Special Features:
- Table of EightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014Food was fantastic and the service was spot on. Sarah did a fantastic job attending to the requests of our group. We'll return for sure!Special Features:
- Strong contenderArountownDined on 11/5/2014Great hands-on attention to detail and service by owner-operator who appears to oversee everything. The food always seems to be high quality, well-prepared.Special Features:
- Hidden treasure in Downtown CantonKarenPDined on 10/31/2014I love Downtown Kitchen! The food is outstanding & I've never been disappointed with an appetizer or entree! The service is always outstanding & they usually have good bands on the weekends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebrated my birthdaycrabbyDined on 10/27/2014The gentlemen at the bar was very nice and his creme brulee martini was fabulous! Dinner was perfect.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - Always freshTroyDined on 10/24/2014Lamb Chop special - cooked to perfection. Bacon wrapped shrimp appetizer was delicious.Special Features:
- Great FoodchristmasDined on 10/24/2014I've been here several times and the food is always amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good special occasion locationluv2eatDined on 10/15/2014The food was excellent, but a bit pricey. We've eaten here before and everyone in the party agreed that it really seemed like the prices went up a level. Now, it is aligned with downtown locations like Bones or Chops in cost for a nice meal. Still love the food and the fact that it isn't located downtown, but will end up reserving dining to special occasions due to the cost.Special Features:
- Just AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/13/2014The meals were prepared for a party of six. Every single dish was prepared to perfection, not one person would have had their dish any differently. All of the entree's came out together and every bit of food was served at a perfect temperature. The appetizer was excellent as well. Our server was attentive and impressive. This was my first visit and the restaurant is easily on my list of of top 3 all time favorite restaurant experiences, and I travel a lot and see and experience quite a bit. Well done everyone! By the way, it was my daughters 26th birthday and it was the perfect way of celebrating!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnerdisappointeddinerDined on 10/13/2014We went on a Monday night so it was pretty quiet. We very much enjoyed our experience here. Food was very good - service was excellent - nice quiet table for romantic celebration - all so close to home!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu is excellenttfoxDined on 10/9/2014The menu was excellent and fresh, the only downside is they are limited and can run out of popular items, the chef and service was very accomodatingSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable Friday night dinnerDougieDined on 10/2/2014Met friends for dinner and we each had something different from the menu. Salmon, chicken, flounder and veal. They were all delicious. Great service, great ambience. Will definitely go again (this was our second time).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Night outHasty2Dined on 9/27/2014We really enjoyed the appetizers (great portions)....Fried Mushrooms and Calamari. NY Stripe and Delmonico steaks were very good. Good atmosphere, we enjoyed our first visit, we look forward to many return dinners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth Checking OutHonkyTonkManDined on 9/26/2014I had the andouille pork loin and collard greens. I thought the entree was very good. My collards had a bite or two with grit in them where they might no have been rinsed that well before cooking, but other than that the meal was good. Mike, our server, did a good job. I thought the ranch that came with the house salad was a little mayonnaise-ish. My financee had the hanger steak and I tried a bite of that and thought it was very good. I will be trying a steak next time. Red sauce that came with the bread was great. The staff was very good and we had good service. I would take out of town visitors here without hesitation. I believe whoever owns this restaurant also owns Going Coastal. We've been there once before and enjoyed that too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HIDDEN BOOTH'SUpscalewithoutthecostDined on 9/26/2014This is a very unique type of restaurant where you can be both in a family type environment and with the high sided booth's, immediately find a quiet & romantic location where talk and friendship can flourish... Amazing combination and great service... Please plan on my return, since my experience was fantastic and affordable...Special Features:
- This is ITVRAEDined on 9/23/2014I really would rate this 5 stars but nothing is perfect, right? I have been searching for a good quality restaurant with REAL food! I was hoping to see wild caught salmon and the like, but it was farm raised so I chose the veal diane which was amazing! My husband got the famous (all of our friends rave about it!) fried chicken and we both loved it. The calamari was perfect (5 starts all the way!) and the IPA's on tap were the icing on the cake. We will be back!Special Features:
- Dinner with my LadyBarryVIPDined on 9/20/2014We were treated like VIPs. The servers took very good care of us. Everything was served in a timly manner. The stuffed chicken was delicious, my Lady had the fried shrimp very nice portions very tasty we will be eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visit to old CantonDPan1Dined on 9/19/2014I was in town from Ohio visiting my family in Woodstock. I wanted to take my mother to a nice restaurant for her birthday. My mom is a picky eater so finding a menu with stuff she would like can be difficult. Prior to making reservations, I saw that Downtown Kitchen had a mix of Southern cooking and steaks. I also saw that they had collard greens which is one of my mom's favorite side dishes. My mom ordered the mussels for an appetizer and again for her dinner entree because they were so good. She also go the collard greens as a side. Well the collard greens were disappointing. They were not properly washed and you could immediately get a mouthful of grit from dirt with each bite. That was disappointing but everything else was okay.Special Features:
- Never disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/16/2014Downtown Kitchen is our go-to place for a special dinner in Canton. The staff is more like family than service providers and we can always trust the food to be good. Plenty of choices for adult beverages and the wine list is always complete with choices for all tastes. The desserts are always anticipated because they are made by one of the servers and they change frequently. There is always something tempting to finish off a great evening.Special Features:
- Absolutely delicious!!tjhuntersmomDined on 9/13/2014As my husband and I were having our first "date night" in awhile, I wanting to choose something special...and this place was it! I requested a "quaint" table, and they accommodated us with a nice corner booth. (The hostess even acknowledged that she was "waiting for us" to arrive.) Service was friendly, knowledgeable and an absolute delight. We wanted to try so many appetizers that our server recommended 1/2 portions on a couple - what a great suggestion! We tried three! For dinner, we tried the specials - bone-in pork chop and venison. DELICIOUS! For dessert, the peanut butter pie - yum!! And as an extra bonus, dress is casual - so dress up or down, whatever makes you comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DK IS PERFECTION IN CANTONDKDELIVERSDined on 9/10/2014Try the Kitchen Fried Chicken and get extra gravy. You will find it hard to try any of there many other fabulous dishes.Special Features:
- Worth the trip from AtlantaRandyDined on 9/10/2014We have eaten here a number of times and the food has been excellent each time. There are few restaurants I can say this about. My filet was ordered rare and my wife ordered her hanger steak medium rare and both were cooked correctly. Baked potatoes were great! and the three vegetables we tried were also great. Entertainment is available on the second floor on weekend nights and it runs the gamut from soft to hard rock. Don't miss this restaurant.Special Features:
- Great FoodAmyCCassDined on 9/6/2014The food was great but unfortunately a fan in the kitchen broke which caused the entire restaurant to become so hot that we were very uncomfortable and could not wait to finish our food and leave to get some air.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- has potentialworldfoodieDined on 9/6/2014Food was ok, pricey for what you get. Our waitress was great. It was very hot in the restaurant & smokey from the kitchen- our eyes were burning. It's an open kitchen concept but their HVAC & kitchen equipment is obviously not equipped for handling the heat & smoke from kitchen. It was pretty uncomfortable.
- Love this placeDDELBEDined on 9/5/2014Never unsatisfied here. Calamari is the best! Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!pickypalateDined on 8/30/2014We tried Downtown Kitchen for the first time for a date night. We were not disappointed! The service was great, the food beyond delicious and the atmosphere very relaxing! The menu listed on open table is out dated, but Corey one of the owners was very accommodating. Prices are a little high, but so worth it. Definitely recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of CantonTigergirl1111Dined on 8/30/2014Great service. Great food and drinks. Great urban vibe. This restaurant has been around for a long time and is consistently excellent. It's located just off the historic Main Street area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findkarenDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed our visit dinner there last night. The food and service were outstanding. The menu is varied with additional specials. We enjoyed two of the specials, Amberjack and Filet with green chili sauce. There were both excellent. We especially enjoyed the deep fried ribs appetizer. The prices are reasonable for the quality of the food and service. We were offered the option seating downstairs for the lively atmosphere or upstairs for a quieter evening. We sat upstairs. Even though we sat (by choice) close to the bar, we enjoyed our table. We are looking forward to our next dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steakscoringa9Dined on 8/27/2014The menu at Downtown Kitchen was very diverse in its choices, but I had heard that their steaks were very good. That proved to be very true. I had the hangar steak and it was one of the most tender steaks I have ever eaten. Definitely would return here!Special Features:
- Always AwesomeTroyDined on 8/22/2014Fresh ingredients, knowledgable and attentive staff and a diverse menu make The Downtown Kitchen one of the best restaurants in the Atlanta area. Definately worth the drive to Canton!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/21/2014This is my favorite restaurant! Would recommend to anyone and everyone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightBarryVIPDined on 8/16/2014Our go to place. Filled with great friends, fabulous food, supreme entertainment on Saturday nights. Cory and his staff make you feel important , making your whole dining experience a night to remember.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, good musicGypsyDined on 8/16/2014The food was great - some items a bit pricey, but enough items on the menu to avoid them. The service is good and small town friendly, which I love. I have eaten here before with the same dining experience, but this was the first time I've gone on Saturday night. Upstairs, they have a (good) band on Saturday night and a small dance floor.... and the same "neighborhood friendliness". It's almost like going to a party in the neighborhood, except you don't have to bring anything :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and service!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014only bad things were VERY high noise level and could not allow us to use Visa gift cardSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Checked ReviewsLooking4SomethingNewDined on 8/16/2014I had been checking reviews of restaurants we have not tried yet. I saw so many great reviews for Downtown Kitchen that we just had to try it. It was everything everyone said! Great food, great service and the price was reasonable. We will be back!Special Features:
- outstanding serviceJohnVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were late for our reservations and all seats were taken when we arrived Josh our waiter last time we dined there came up to say hello and got us a table in his section he is truly an outstanding waiter and goes above and beyond to make sure everything is taken care of. he is truly an asset to downtown kithenSpecial Features:
- Excellent Food and ServicechristmasDined on 8/9/2014Went there for dinner with friends and couldn't have asked for a better place to eat! Food was excellent and the service was top notch. Will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerBarryVIPDined on 8/2/2014Could not have been better. Balloon and flowers for my wife for her birthday Food and service exceptionalSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerluvmydkDined on 8/1/2014I love the DK. It never disappoints with food and fine staff.Special Features: