DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails
135 South 6th Ave.
Tucson, AZ 85701Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.downtownkitchen.com/
- Phone: 5206237700x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday 5:00-9:00pm
Friday-Saturday 5:00pm - Close,
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Janos Wilder
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: BROADWAY + 6TH AVE
- Public Transit: If you are arriving on the public bus system you can stop at the Rondstat Center downtown and walk 1 1/2 blocks south on 6th Ave. to 135 S. 6th ave.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: DOWNTOWN Kitchen+Cocktails has a share lot on the north side of the building.
A word from DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails
DOWNTOWN Kitchen+Cocktails is a New American restaurant. The menu is influenced by local seasonal produce combined with worldly cultural food that has influenced American cuisine. We also feature a creative wine list and a progressive cocktail menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails - Best Restaurants in Tucson ›
DOWNTOWN Kitchen + Cocktails reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (107)special occasion (78)neighborhood gem (66)great for outdoor dining (49)romantic (43)vibrant bar scene (41)hot spot (37)good for groups (36)late-night find (32)notable wine list (25)great for lunch (12)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (7)scenic view (2)Show More
- EccelcticLisaDVIPDined on 8/27/2014Interesting mix of food available. We chose a limited time menu from Jerusalem - nice to try something we wouldn't have otherwise. Food was obviously fresh and homemade.Special Features:
- Excellent restaurant in Tucsonrsx2VIPDined on 8/23/2014Completely enjoyed this restaurant in Downtown Tucson. The menu is creative and the food is amazing! The chef was very agreeable to making some of the entrees vegetarian to accommodate our needs. The service was excellent! We will be returning!Special Features:
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014We moved here from South Carolina. We had the She Crab soup....simply horrible... Who puts citrus zest in it? The catfish was drowning in a myriad of overpowering sauces. The food was awful, the "hipsters" that served and/or worked were cliche. HORRIBLE food. Horrible restaurant. They were trying too hard to be unique. Don't do Low Country food unless it's done right. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.Special Features:
- World MenuJ2zonaDined on 8/22/2014The special offerings on the Jerusalem menu were deliciousSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/20/2014Loved the entire experience. Great food, great service and no need to yell to be heard. Love it.Special Features:
- Before the show dining.Early2dineDined on 8/19/2014Service was outstanding. The best calamari in town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent dinner and serviceTucsonfoodieDined on 8/16/2014We've dined here numerous times and have never been disappointed. The food was delicious.. this menu featured specialties from Jerusalem and the lamb was excellent. The service is always friendly, well informed and well thought out. This restaurant should not be missed.Special Features:
- Nothing Special.MrMeepsDined on 8/16/2014The food was decent enough but not worth the cost, and not notable. The one thing that stood out about the restaurant was the attentive servers. While the menu did have some unique items the dishes my friend and I had were nothing very good. I was very excited to see a calamari dish, but was greatly disappointed by it (perhaps that is my fault for ordering it in the desert). If the food were less money it would be worth it, but only go here if you want average food at a great food cost.
- A little pretentiousNcareybradDined on 8/15/2014Great concept to feature regional foods (different countries featured) but regular menu is a bit pricey and the food is good but not great. Service was exceptional and it has great ambience so if you want to try something new that you probably haven't seen in Tucson before and don't mind paying for different then go there.Special Features:
- eateryDined on 8/14/2014We selected the Jerusalem menu and all ordered the chicken. The blending of flavors was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A reliable place to eat downtownSueazDined on 8/14/2014This was my second time eating at this restaurant, and I enjoyed both meals. The owner tries to cook with local ingredients and is an award-winning chef, so what's not to like? This second time, the entire menu was devoted to middle-eastern dishes, many of which sounded absolutely decadent. Although I usually prefer fish, I ordered the vegetarian plate, which included sweet potatoes, eggplant, figs and grapes in a pomegranate molasses. Heavenly! They don't have a huge wine list, but the selection is ample and very well suited for the food. I had a glass of Garnacha, which paired quite well with my entrée. The restaurant can get quite loud when it is full of people, but the food is very good and the wait staff is very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOWNTOWN KITCHEN IS GREATJimWDined on 8/12/2014Our party had a wonderful dinner. Our 2 guests had not been there before and now they are sold on the place. My favorite when I want imaginative food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trolley to Tastejimmyc0409Dined on 8/10/2014Dropped in after a trolley ride with friends from Prescott for happy-hour and dinner on a Sunday evening about 5. Had some great drinks and food at the bar (the calamari and the lamb-tongue tacos were wonderful. Then got our table and thoroughly enjoyed some of the Jerusalem offerings and one of Janos' great hamburger with the Peruvian purple potato chips. All diners reported high levels of satisfaction with all the offerings. Not our first time, and definitely won't be our last.Special Features:
- DisappointingCLJAKOVIPDined on 8/9/2014We were really looking forward to the "Jerusalem" dinner -- and were sadly disappointed. While the food wasn't bad, it wasn't good either. Our biggest criticism was that most of the appetizer and dinner entrees were bland and tasteless. The title "lamb schwarma" was a bit of a misnomer; rather it was, as described on the menu, roast leg of lamb marinated in a number of spices. The roast chicken thighs were similarly disappointing as the fennel was not existent and the rind, left on the oranges, was very bitter. That pretty much left dessert out of the question. Finally, the air conditioning must have not been working properly as it was uncomfortably warm. As a highlight, our service was outstanding. Expect a lot more from Janos.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/4/2014Food was amazingly good, also service. Attractive and sophisticated. Creative menu. Needs: pepper mills and some moderately priced wines (e.g., below $50/bottle). Highly recommended!Special Features:
- Downtown Tucson is growing upMarkDined on 8/4/2014The Downtown Kitchen was a wonderful find. We enjoyed the Prix Fix menu. All our meals were cooked to perfection. The peach cobbler which we all were anticipating was a disappointment, it lacked enough peaches. I would go back.Special Features:
- Downtown Kitchen & CocktailsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Drinks were wonderful, dinner was fresh and delicious. I will be back.Special Features:
- Great SpotOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014Downtown Kitchen was great again. Once I made sense of their menu, which is always interesting, I found a great choice. Food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:
- Fun vibrant spotOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/2/2014Great local spot with plenty of food options. We tried a number of entrees and all were wonderful including the bacon wrapped meatloaf, the fried rice, and the burger.Special Features:
- Drinks were great, service was badOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014Drinks were great but the service was awful. Food was pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wasn't blown away, but good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/27/2014My experience was good. My biggest issue was that my food was not hot enough. It was somewhat warm. The flavor was good though. Our servers did a great job. As for the atmosphere, it was a little warm. At times, I could feel the air come on and cool things off. I was also disappointed that they didn't have a small complimentary dessert to celebrate my friend's birthday. The waitress brought over a lighted candle on a saucer. That was a first. So, it was a good experience overall, but I wasn't blown away. For the money, I would want to be impressed with everything. It was not an experience that made me want to rush back again.Special Features:
- really hot and sweatyhatetobehotDined on 7/26/2014the s Carolina menu was very good we didn't know we were also going to experience s Carolina weather. it was unbelievable hot because the AC was not working. No one in Tucson wants to go out for a nice meal and have the AC down in the middle of summer. Please people let us know before we get in and order drinks that of dining experience is going to be miserable and get your AC fixed.Special Features:
- Great Happy Hour!Dmblonde622Dined on 7/26/2014My husband and I went to Downtown Kitchen for the happy hour menu/drinks from 4:00 to 6:00 pm. The house wine is $5.00, and it was nice and light for summer. We shared 4 appetizers. Calamari (fantastic, we were surprised at the amount of calamari) - in a Thai style sauce with ginger, peanuts, calamari, dressed in greens. Hamburger - good value for the money. French fries - mole sauce, pulled pork, oaxacan cheese - yum! Green papaya salad - delicious with Asian flavors. Brittany, our bartender, was very attentive and we were pleased with the service. We will return.Special Features:
- Yum!dacactuskidDined on 7/21/2014Fresh ingredients, great menu and wonderful service. Don't miss this place! We wil keep coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Janos ~ enough said...Live2eatDined on 7/19/2014We have a James Beard award winner in downtown ~ what more could we want? It's beyond delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mostly a great mealWild4stellaDined on 7/19/2014The Patron margarita cocktail was Limey & delicious. The She crab soup was extraordinary - creamy & enhanced with lump crabmeat. Dipping the crunchy warm bread in made it great. I had the calamari appetizer which was disappointing, as the calamari was not crunchy as stated & also not hot. Should have been flash fried last & added on top with the patron mixing it together. The service was wonderful - our server was celebratory & wanted us to enjoy ourselves. I will certainly dine there again.Special Features:
- Original FoodSotoPerez2Dined on 7/19/2014Was the first time here and we went to celebrate our Anniversary, really good food (different) we love love the dessert. Really nice place and hope we can come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiance...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/15/2014This place is beautiful and I do mean stunning! Love the atmosphere I have been here once before however my coworkers and I decided to come eat dinner here to have a meeting. Plus, they had never been and we had a Groupon so they could check it out we got the $60 off of our bill. Let me break it down, beautiful place however I personally do not feel that it is worth the price.We had an appetizer of Calamari now I will say that was the best part of our meal! The calamari was pretty amazing!! :)I had the half ceaser salad and that was a joke 3 lettuce leaves, 3 croutons, and parmesan...let me just say our bill was still $200 and none of us left satisfied. The entrees were okay but none of us were in love with our food. Nice ambianceSpecial Features:
- Lovely EveningDTx2Dined on 7/12/2014We always enjoy Downtown Kitchen, our anniversary was this last week so here we were again. The food was awesome as usual. Our server Robyn was great and very knowledgeable and informative, very fun. We were stuffed, no room for dessert, great night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Seasonal menu is greatOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/11/2014We came in for their Summer seasonal menu featuring the cuisine of Charleston and Downtown Kitchen did not disappoint. The food was excellent, the service was attentive, the overall experience was great. This is a great place to go on a special occasion.Special Features:
- Delightful MenuTravellingFoodiesDined on 7/11/2014My husband and I thought the food was prepared to perfection. We had the Oyster appetizer and She Crab Soup - Magnificent. We liked that the menu had comfort food on it but prepared with an exceptional twist taking it to a new and wonderful level. It was our first time and it looked as though the favorite spot to sit was a booth - intimate for both families, couples or a group of friends. Highly recommend you dine at Downtown Kitchen + Cocktails.Special Features:
- Southern EatingFoodieinTucson1Dined on 7/11/2014We went for the special Charleston menu and were not disappointed. From the she crab soup to the tomato stack appetizers to the Carpetbagger steak and Low Country Shrimp Boil It was all delish. Desserts were OK. Easy but professional service, great wine list. We love the food here. Only downer was happy hour is not available at the table so we had to order in the bar and then take to the table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- serviceiloveserviceDined on 7/7/2014great service and very attentive employees with smiles on their faces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- niceJacqDined on 7/7/2014Me & my husband love it...always got a very good experience every time having dinner here. nice place, good foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodVinomikeDined on 7/6/2014Overall enjoyable experience. Food is exceptional. Ambience is nostalgic and clean.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downtown KitchenRachelDined on 7/5/2014The restaurant was modern, fun, and noisy, but the food was nothing special. It was VERY overpriced for food that wasn't that great. I don't think we'll go back again.Special Features:
- Downtown Kitchen's superb chefTucsonpalateDined on 7/5/2014Downtown Kirchen has an incredible chef, an eclectic menu and an open, friendly and comfortable environment for a wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Going DownhillDevourTucsonVIPDined on 7/3/2014My husband and I used to love DK+C, but our last several dinners there left us quite disappointed. On our most recent visit, our appetizers were forgettable and the entrees were not properly cooked. The carpetbagger steak was VERY tough and overcooked, while the bacon that wrapped around the 1 Percenter's meatloaf was still partly raw. The only saving grace was dessert. With so many tasty options within walking distance in downtown Tucson, I cannot see dining at DK+C again. From now on, we will only stop in to enjoy a jalapeno ice cream sundae.
- Ecletic FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/2/2014Love what Janos does with food. Menu was creative and still down to earth. Reasonable prices. Noise level a little high but small price to pay for outstanding food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MaxxDined on 6/28/2014The Singapore menu was excellent. The soft shell crab melted in my mouth. I look forward to trying future traveling menus.Special Features: