1158 Old Senoia Rd.
Tyrone, GA 30290Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dtgrill.com/
- Phone: (770) 892-2000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday 11:00am -3:45pm.
Dinner: Sunday - Monday 4:00pm - 8:00pm, Tuesday - Thursday 4:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday 4:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Downtown Grill
"THE PLACE" to share GREAT food and good times with friends and family! Downtown fare and atmosphere without the downtown drive, crowd, and prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Downtown Grill - Best Restaurants in Tyrone ›
Downtown Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
21 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (8)fit for foodies (8)good for groups (7)great for brunch (4)special occasion (4)kid-friendly (3)romantic (3)Show More
- Good FoodPTCfoodieDined on 11/8/2014DG is a dependable family owned restaurant...the menu offerings, food and service are good. I go many times every year. Can be abit noisy depending where you are seated. The hummus and blue cheese chips appetizers are excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Great ServiceEricOfAtlantaDined on 10/20/2014We had a great time at Downtown Grill. The food was good and our service was GREAT! We plan to book another lunch really soon.Special Features:
- In my humble opinionGAgrownDined on 10/19/2014This is the type of restaurant to go to for the food and service. It's neighbourly and friendly and its strength is the people that cook and serve. The atmosphere is quiet-busy and more for adults who like to be with each rather than for the "Where's The Hot-Spot of the day" (although the bar room is said to be great). My satisfaction level is concentrated more on people than on being at The Place To Be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great serviceAdrianDined on 10/14/2014Food was good and staff was great! We come to eat here all the time and are never disappointed. I truly try something different every time and enjoyed every dish.Special Features:
- Better lunch than dinnerAndreaVIPDined on 10/13/2014This place was just OK. The bartender was really great and service was good, except we had different waitresses taking care of us so we kept getting repeated questions due to the extra staff. I ordered the porkchop, but was then told they were out of it, after we had already received our salads. So I ordered the steak-it was average, but then again, I don't think this place specializes in steaks, so my hopes weren't that high. They did take 50% off my entree because they were out of my original order. That was much appreciated. The look to have a good sandwich/lunch menu, so if we come back it will be for lunch.Special Features:
- Sweet Little PlaceFamilyDinersDined on 10/12/2014I ate here on a early Sunday afternoon. It was not crowded and I had a pleasant meal.Special Features:
- This place is awesome.PamelaDined on 9/15/2014We have become regulars because we love the food and the wait staff is great, especially Scott!!! I especially love the Salmon and the fish tacos are great, my spouse loves the Downtown Chicken and the Reuben Sandwich. He also loves the Blue Plate Specials (not available on Friday or Saturday nights) Pot Roast, Meatloaf and Country Fried Steak . Try it you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverreachingOpenTableRegularVIPDined on 9/8/2014Trying to be fine dining with mediocre food and poorly trained servers. Nice space but kitchen and servers lack attention to execution. High price point for the product. We were looking for an alternative to fast food in the area. Both the good and service at Wendy's would have been better.
- Expensive Greasy SpoonangelndskyzDined on 8/31/2014First, we walk in and there was no one at the host stand. Fine. My toddler needed to use the bathroom anyway. Oh, what's that... a single toilet room. OK, we'll just sit in the chairs strategically placed in the hall/main walkthrough to the dining room outside the bathroom. We wait for two ladies. Wth? No paper towels in this bathroom?! *sigh* No one is at the host stand STILL? Someone eventually seats us. I had the shrimp appetizer to-go once so I knew it was inediblely spicy. So our server recommended the crab cakes b/c it's "almost no filler". LIES - good luck finding crab in that stuffing cake. Cod = greasy thick batter; almost no fish. The chicken for my 3 yr old had burning HOT GREASE **dripping** off it!! Rice = bland. Never again!
- underwhelmingdiner2Dined on 8/31/2014kid friendly is best description I suppose for the wings, sandwiches and burgers; looked forward to Southern classics but got what seemed like it came from cans, instant mashed potatoes, and country fried steak that was certainly not round steak or sirloin half portion options were nice to have however if you did like the foodSpecial Features:
- Customer ServiceAdrianDined on 8/6/2014The service was excellent and the food was terrific!Special Features:
- The following 14 reviews are from the Downtown Grill reviews archive.
- MaggieDined on 7/5/2014Have been there a few time with special friends. Very nice restaurant and staff is very attentive.Special Features:
- Customer ServiceAdrianDined on 6/2/2014Besides the food being very good, I love their customer service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findChuckofChaineDined on 5/29/2014Tyrone's Downtown Grill has to be the best find in Fayette County. This was our second trip. Our diner last Thursday night confirmed our first trip's impression that they serve very good food at a fair price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casually ScrouptiousDinobearDined on 5/13/2014The DTG is a great place to eat period. The atmosphere is casual and very relaxed. Very conducive for family, freinds and even having a business meeting. My last visit, we had 5 in our party and was business related and we were seated in the private room - loved that !!! It enabled us to discuss and enjoy the delicious food. Highly recommend the Hummus appetizer and Blue Cheese chips!!! Our waiter Greg was attentive and met all our needs. Just another wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great dining experience"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/23/2014Scott is always very attentive waiter. Have always had great service and have never had an entree I didn't like.Special Features:
- Great eaterydivine2dineDined on 4/12/2014Great experience, wonderful service and fantastic food at a recent birthday dinner for a long time friend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glad to find on South SideKimberleYBVIPDined on 3/29/2014Excellent restaurant on the south side of Atlanta. The food was plentiful. The prices were affordable. Very pleasantly surprise to not have to drive into the city for a great meal. Definitely would return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden GemFamilyDinersDined on 3/10/2014This is a classy little hidden gem in the middle of a country setting. Go! You won't be disappointed. Awesome fresh food makes us want to return again and again.Special Features:
- Average RestaurantLanceVIPDined on 3/1/2014Food was good, but nothing to write home about. Fish tacos were good. My wife ordered the Ribeye and I was pleased that they cooked it properly the first time. Can't complain. Service was just ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hidden Gem in TyroneFayetteFoodieDined on 2/14/2014We discovered this hidden gem when making last-minute dinner reservations on Valentine's Day. Although, we could only secure 9 PM reservations, made solely based on other Open Table recommendations, we were pleasantly surprised with our dining experience at the Downtown Grill. Our server (Greg Y) was EXCELLENT! Greg was very engaging, attentive and knowledgeable about popular menu selections, including sold-out items. The food was plentiful, fresh and tasty. We found that the ambiance was okay, nothing outstanding comes to mind, but they offer a private, glass-enclosed room - great for small gatherings. Overall, we had an unexpected excellent experience and much kudos to Greg and the Downtown Grill!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice local restaurantSatisfiedVIPDined on 1/24/2014I had heard many good things about this restaurant. The homemade bleu cheese chips were very tasty! My husband had the fish and chips and was a little disappointed in the thin size, almost like chicken strips sizes, and flavoring. My shrimp and grits was nice, but nothing special. The salads came, and before we could finish half of them our entrée came. They were out of some of their dishes, which I thought for a Friday night, not a good way to start the week-end. Our server could only do one thing at a time. She wasn't bad, just not efficient and therefore had to come back to take additional orders, napkins, silverware.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "Date Night"faainvaVIPDined on 1/3/2014My wife and I had dinner last Friday. I had the pork chop and my wife had the green tomato BLT. Both were good. Using Open Table, we got seated in front of the fireplace which was nice on the cold night. Service was quite and good. Will go back.Special Features:
- Just OutstandingPeteDined on 12/17/2013Have maybe eaten here 30-40 times over the last 5 years and it's always excellent. Service is outstanding and the food is always terrific. A real treat that never loses it's appeal. Friendly staff and comfortable ambience make this a great restaurant for a sandwich or a full meal. The Downtown Chicken is a favorite. The bar is lively and fully stocked with usually a special drink that never disappoints. This is a really really great restaurant every bit worth trying......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One dissappointmentSugarSweetDined on 12/8/2013Big parties with a limited menu so I was unable to order my favorite dish-they allowed so much for themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.