140 North Main Street
Hudson, OH 44236Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://downtown140.com/
- Phone: 3306552940
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:30pm (Lunch)
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm(Dinner)
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Contemporary American, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Richard Bennett
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Catering services offered on a situational basis
- Private Party Facilities: With a reservation we will close for appropriately sized private parties.
- Private Party Contact: Andy Lowrey 3306552940
- Entertainment: Jazz on Sunday night with the Mike Petrone
Jazz on Tuesday night with Joe Hunter
- Special Events: Private parties, wine tastings, special occasions
A word from Downtown 140
Downtown 140 provides mouth watering food paired with an award winning wine list.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Downtown 140 reviews from OpenTable diners
- ExcellentgwgwVIPDined on 6/14/2013Great service, consistently fantastic food. We sat at the chef's table - great place to be.Special Features:
- Great food and service - very noisyALECVIPDined on 6/7/2013Food was fabulous in all respects - appetizers, salads, mains and desserts were all excellent. From hostess to bar to wait staff - service was impeccable. But the noise was a problem - will likely keep us from returning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food very slow to arrive at tableOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/1/2013Our server was excellent but we waited an hour for our food to arrive at our table.Special Features:
- Ambiance GemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/24/2013Always feel like I'm in NYC when I visit. it's intimate and classy. Our waiter was excellent and very attentive. Food was on the mark and the wine list has improved greatly. No music this time which made it easier to converse since it's pretty energetic anyway. Recommend a trip there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Downstairs. Gem we had theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/24/2013Downstairs. Gem we had the same waitress as last time & she rememvered us after 4 months she was very helpful when ordering for our 4 year old . we were out in 1 1/2?hrs but never felt rushed. Dinner was not inexpensive. But we'd go back again .they had a special of copper river salmon that's only available around the end if may. So it was nice that they took advantage of getting unusual finds like that !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chef had a bad night whenNotimpressedDined on 5/18/2013Chef had a bad night when we were there. Appetizer was the size of a spoon and the steaks we ordered were badly over cooked.
- Great food, but priceyDHelmickDined on 5/12/2013Menu is not extensive, but everything on it is prepared to very high standards. Most sides are a la carte, so keep that in mind. Noticed no salt or pepper shakers on tables, but also noticed that nobody at our table requested them. My Delmonico steak was done to a perfect medium rare. One of my table mates had walleye, and raved that it was the best he had ever eaten. Dining room is on the small side and a lot of hard surfaces mean that the noise level can make it difficult to communicate. Our waitress was attentive without being a pest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed in HudsonOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/10/2013I've seldom spent more money and received so little in return as a dining experience . Ambience fantastic, location convenient, food average at best. We regularly dine at the many excellent restaurants we're blessed with in the Akron/Cleveland area. In this fine dining space, 150 falls well short of their competition.
- had not been here in a whilelindaDined on 4/7/2013had not been here in a while and will have to go back sooner than later, it was a wonderful eveningSpecial Features:
- Very disappointed!Isn't whatMMarkVIPDined on 3/30/2013Very disappointed!Isn't what it used to be.Downtown used to be one of our absolute favorite places to go when visiting Hudson/Chagrin Falls.Don't think we will return unless they bring the other chef back...AND the menu.I will say service was wonderful...our server, host/manager and the head bartender/mixologist were all very gracious.However, we tried to have a conversation with the chef regarding the menu and he didn't like what we had to say at all...we were only making a suggestion...he didn't agree and walked away, instead of continuing the conversation like an adult.Very odd...and actually rude.The new menu is a bit limited...and not as creative as it used to be.All in all, this restaurant is definitely not the same...such a shame.
- Had a very nice visit, firstKristaDined on 3/29/2013Had a very nice visit, first time there and it was a cozy romantic place thank you!And the creme brûlée was delish!!!Special Features:
- Downtown 140 continues toOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/26/2013Downtown 140 continues to be the best dining experience in our area. We go there for family dinners but this last occasion was a business dinner. It was great as usual...great food, service, wines and friendly people!!Special Features:
- Wonderful appetizers (crabFOODIE4MeVIPDined on 3/25/2013Wonderful appetizers (crab frita & scallops) YUMMMY as well as entrees were delightful-dining at the chef's table was exquisite.Special Features:
- The perfect placeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/19/2013Downtown 140 has consistently been a very favorite restaurant of mine for many years. It has everything you would want for a special night or a night you would hope to be special. It's romantic with great ambiance. But more importantly, the food is spectacular and the service is friendly, knowledgeable and very accommodating. The perfect place.Special Features:
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/16/2013We have visited Downtown140 many times but our latest visit will be our last. The menu offers far fewer choices than before. And the quality of what is being served has dropped. Among other things,my hanger steak was tough and arrived at room temperature. I had to ask two different people (we couldn't find our server) to bring the glass of wine I ordered with my meal. It finally arrived 15 minutes after the food. Out table was located along the walkway between the kitchen and server station which made the experience even less enjoyable. The cheese selection I ordered for dessert no longer features regional cheeses, according to our server, and they were not as good or as interesting as in the past. Overall, a disappointing night.
- Food was awesome. DefinitelyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/5/2013Food was awesome. Definitely a place for rich old bogies and will be your scene if your into middle age men in bill cosby sweaters playing keyboardSpecial Features:
- Since change of ownershipOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 3/5/2013Since change of ownership this place an overpriced, nothing special restaurant. Went for restaurant week menu. Soup was very good as well as dessert. The steak was so rare not medium i asked for, was terrible for me. I should of sent it back, instead my husband got a double portion. it was okey for him.
- Tuesday Evening @ Downtown 140 HudsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013Great meal here; we both ordered the catch of the day, Parrot Fish. Fresh and nicely grilled with a few veggies. Wine promotion by the glass at $8 per (a bit overpriced for Dante chardonnay). Cleveland Restaurant Menu is very different from the regular menu or the menu on line, so don't get your hopes up. Downtown 140 offers very good food, small portions, at slightly higher prices than others in town. Great atmosphere with a good piano player in the back area (away from the bar?). Fairly loud due to the barn stone foundation, brickwork and acoustics that result with very hard surfaces. Good dinner all around if you feel like a bit of a splurge.Special Features:
- Good for dieters, as the portionsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/5/2013Good for dieters, as the portions were extremely small!Special Features:
- Wonderful Food- Great TimeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/2/2013With a party of 10 we tried just about everything on the menu (cauliflower soup, duck pierogie, shrimp, cheese plate, terrine, scallops, beet ravioli, hanger steak, filet, chicken, cheesecake, and chocolate cake) and were impressed by every item we ordered. It is pretty hard to please 10 peoples’ palates (including one vegetarian), but Downtown 140 did. The dishes were tasty and portioned well. Our server was very attentive, even noticing it was the birthday of one of the diners, and placing a candle in her dessert. It is great to see a place that has chefs and wait staff that are passionate about their food and wine. We will be back! If you bored of the Cleveland scene it is worth the thirty minute drive down!Special Features:
- Meal was great, but thoughtTootsDined on 3/1/2013Meal was great, but thought they were in the lunch restaurant week, so we spent more than we hoped on meal. Quite pricy and the exhaust fans from open kitchen were annoying to my friend. Very noticible hum all the time. Don't know if I'll go back.
- We made reservations for myOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/23/2013We made reservations for my birthday, but the pleasant hostess informed us that our table was not ready when we arrived. Forty-five minutes later, we were finally seated. It was already 9:15. The late seating did impact our enjoyment. Desperately wanting their scallops, I was dismayed to learn that they had just sold out. If only we were seated on time. Similarly, the mood changes in the restaurant as the night progresses. More and more alcohol has reached the customers and one-by-one they try to out shout each other. The food arrived at 9:45 and was delicious, but we had little time or desire to sit and enjoy a cocktail or dessert and preferred a cozier, quieter, and more intimate locale.Special Features:
- Not our best experience here.kayveeVIPDined on 2/23/2013Not our best experience here. The place was crowded and loud, not the intimate setting we've experienced in passed visits. Our server was not knowledgeable about the menu, and couldn't help with our beer or wine selections. He ignored us for long periods of time. After a LONG wait, he came back to tell us that the wine we had selected was sold out, so we picked a different one. After a second LONG wait, we had already finished our salad and appetizer, and so we said forget the bottle, we just each ordered a glass. Imagine our surprise then when our tab included the pricey bottle that we never got. Too bad, this used to be one of our favorite special spots.
- Downtown 140 is a real gem.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/23/2013Downtown 140 is a real gem. The menu changes a lot and is not extensive, so the chef concentrates on what he can do best. The server was attentive and cordial. The ambiance is great, although a bit cramped and noisy, due to the stone walls. We had one-day scallops, hanger steak and beet ravioli. Every dish was cooked and presented well. The dishes were flavorful and portioned perfectly. Downtown 140 is one of the best restaurants within 10 miles of Hudson (followed by Russo's and Blue Canyon). The restaurant is expensive, no save your cash and schedule a special occasion today.Special Features:
- We will be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/18/2013As a belated valentine's day night out, my husband and I got spa treatments and made reservations at Downtown 140. Since we love to cook, we requested the chef's table where we could see them at work. The staff were incredibly friendly and the food was delicious (we ordered the crab salad appetizer and the grouper and salmon entrees...amazing! It was great to chat with the chefs and even get to try some of their sides/dessert. It was perfect; thank you for a wonderful dining experience...we will be back!Special Features:
- The restaurant is pretty crowded,TrixicolaDined on 2/16/2013The restaurant is pretty crowded, and though we had reservations, we had to wait a while at the bar, which was full, with little room to stand and wait. The bartender, however, was extremely friendly and attentive, and even went out of her way to have the kitchen hold the last of the specials for us so we would be able to order it when our table was ready. Our server was also very friendly and attentive. The food was incredible. The menu is extremely meat and seafood heavy though, and as I am much more of a vegetable person, there were very few things to choose from. However, what I did order was delicious. My date is a steak lover, and the special was a giant bone-in steak that he said was delicious. Dessert and coffee were amazing.Special Features:
- After waiting an hour forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2013After waiting an hour for our entree's to arrive, we were offered an additional piece of bread by the manager (?), our server lost our order, or the kitchen did. He was noticeably absent, our entree's finally arrived, mine was rare, another's fish was undercooked, sent it back, never mentioned our dinners being so late....never offered to comp us dessert, which we did order. When the bill arrived we were never told thank you, no apology made. They definitely score very low on service and had more than one opportunity to redeem themselves.
- This is one of our favoriteOutstandingDined on 2/16/2013This is one of our favorite date night dining places. Although our food was the usual great, our service was not up to par. We will go again, but will ask for another waiter.Special Features:
- The food has really fallenOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2013The food has really fallen off over the past year or so. Our appetizers were overcooked to the point of being indelible. My snapper was overdone but less so. Hangar steak was decent. The creme brûlée was so-so. The service was good, and the ambience is very nice.Special Features:
- The food is fabulous, as usual.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013The food is fabulous, as usual. I sprang a leak and started drooling when my alaskian king crab salad was served. It was incredible. Our table opted for a cheese assortment for dessert. Have to say the Apple stilton was a surprise with great balance of fruit and bite.Special Features:
- Downtown 140OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/15/2013Overall, this is a nice place to eat for a special ocassion. The wine selection was excellent. Service was very personal, friendly and accommodating. The food was good. The lobster was over-cooked but the chicken was excellent.Special Features:
- MehOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/14/2013Overpriced for what you get and it may have been because it was valentines day and they were busy but everything we got was over cooked: lobster croquette, salmon, and scallops. Best part of the meal was the wine! We passed on dessert. "This evening we have 2 chocolate covered strawberries and three scoops of icecream for $15" given what we saw, we knew that was going to be tiny as well so we went somewhere else after to get dessert.
- We hadn't been to DowntownOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/9/2013We hadn't been to Downtown 140 for a couple of years but always remembered it as our favorite in NE Ohio. Unfortunately, it's slipped. The poor experience started with a broken door lock on the single men's room...walking in on someone is not a great way to start the night. We were seated 45 mins after our reservation time (made two weeks in advance). Our waiter was solid, but we didn't get bread, our water filled regularly nor our plates cleared quickly. Four different menu items were sold out, the dessert menu was pathetic (4 options, including $8 ice cream, at a high end place is just sad), and one of our fish entrees was pretty much flavorless. Overall, a total disappointment. Maybe they should bring back the old executive chef.
- The food was excellent. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/1/2013The food was excellent. The service was very good. However, it was very loud and hard to carry on a conversation.
- Going Downhill UnfortunatelyOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 1/31/2013I've been going to Downtown 140 for a while now and the last couple of times I went for dinner it was a disappointment. I love the ambience which is likely why I gave it another shot. The last couple of times I went the bread was stale and the sorbets/ice cream for dessert were a giant disappointment- the chocolate ice cream actually tasted like it was past its prime. Hudson has a lot of choices for dinner and if Downtown 140 wants to continue to compete in this space (more upscale dining) then I would suggest they up their game and take it to the level of quality of a year ago. Not sure what's happened -- not sure if it's under new ownership or management, but this place has definitely taken a nose dive.Special Features:
- Cozy and upscale setting -OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/26/2013Cozy and upscale setting - just as pictured in ad. Service was attentive and professional although server was a little light in explaining tastes of menu items and unfamiliar wines. Wine list is very good, and owner/bartender(?) had an exceptional knowledge of the wines. Excellent hanger steak and scallops (with oxtail sauce?); duck pirogi was fluffy, rich and tasty. We had difficulty finding "140 Main St."; small sign perpendicular to road was not well lit. Restaurant is in basement below two boutique shops. Would have helped in restaurant notes to indicate substantial parking and main entrance is in rear of building. We drove fifty miles to visit and very much enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:
- i was there for a businessOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2013i was there for a business dinner. the food, service was outstanding. always top quality meals, friendly staff and great surroundings. my client was impressed. great place!!!!Special Features:
- Loved every bit of our experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/20/2013Loved every bit of our experience - we will definitely be back -- often!!!! Loved the music of Mike Petrone... he is a Northeast Ohio gem. Anyone who has not heard him play pop and jazz is in for a treat. He plays requests and plays at a level that you can also carry on a conversation. I dined at the Carlyle in NYC last week. I'd say the our experience at Downtowm 140 was even better.Special Features:
- Short on help with slow service. YOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Short on help with slow service. You cannot carry on a conversation without yelling at your partner. Food was good at best. Limited menu. Not a great experience.
- We went for a special occasion.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/19/2013We went for a special occasion. It was so loud we could not hear each other talking. The food was good and the service good, but no atmosphere for a special evening.Special Features: