10 Front St
Friday Harbor, WA 98250-7976Neighborhood:
San Juan Islands
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://downriggerssanjuan.com/
- Phone: 3603782700
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Saturday - Sunday: 9:00am - 12:00pm
Lunch: 11:00am - 5:00pm
Dinner: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Northwest
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We design the menu with our clients based on what they would like to serve, and works with their budget.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a separate seating area that hold up to 40 people for large parties.
- Private Party Contact: Debbie Rishel 3603782700
A word from Downriggers
Downriggers is located on the waterfront in Friday Harbor. We are open daily for lunch and dinner, and serve breakfast on weekends. Outdoor dining in the summer season. We have a full bar, lots of specialty cocktail, micro brews on tap, large selection of glass wine. We specialize in seafood, but we also have a large selection of great salads, pasta,poultry, beef and burgers . Children’s menu available. Separate seating area for large parties. Our full menu is available for take out.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Downriggers reviews from OpenTable diners
- just OK at Downriggers.foodie1VIPDined on 7/13/2013We were really looking forward to a wonderful seafood dinner at Downriggers. My husband was pleased with his salmon dinner but I was disappointed with my halibut dinner. the fish sat on top of about 1 pound of mashed potatoes which were surrounded by a flood of a soy sauce based "gravy." The fish was beautifully cooked but was topped with crispy fried onions which intruded on the taste of the fish as did the sauce. I was looking forward to a subtle wasabi/Asian enhancement NOT a total change in the fish. The sourdough bread and butter are scrumptious.Special Features:
- Was really hoping for a greal mealcmarcel78VIPDined on 7/4/2013I don't know if we went on a night where they were over whelmed (July 4), but our food was smothered in either butter or cream which shouldn't be necessary when you have quality seafood. This is the ranking from great to why bother: Crab cakes (fantastic), scallop wrapped in bacon (good but presentation was just a mess), shrimp scampi (eh in a pool of butter), halibut (for $35 we didn't expect that at all). Wouldn't go back again....sorta wish we went somewhere else. Good thing we moved onto other areas around the Puget sound to make up for this meal.Special Features:
- Fantastic Evening!!ChilipprsDined on 7/4/2013I made a reservation online......a few days before July 4th...not fully expecting a good table to be open...... I thought that all of the best tables would be reserved. The place was packed when we got there. The food was excellent.....the blackened salmon that came with asparagus and wild rice was great....the fish and chips was raved about....it was all in all a very nice dining experience....the service was terrific even though it was crowded. We had a party of 6 and had a fantastic window table overlooking the Harbor. The plan was to bring chairs and sit out on the dock to watch the fireworks. The staff allowed us to stay and watch the fireworks from the restaurant......a very nice treat. Thanks open table!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waterfront restaurantBillandfamilyDined on 6/26/2013Downrigger's is a wonderful restaurant right on the Port of Friday Harbor waterfront and is next to the Washington State Ferry Terminal. The Mac crab-and-cheese may sound boring but it is great! The local mussels and clams, when available, shouldn't be missed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Was a hit wit everyonefoodloverDined on 6/7/2013Had never been to this restaurant before and found it through research on the San Juan Islands. It is conveniently located next to the ferry landing and the shops at Friday Harbor. Great view of the marina. Not knowing what to expect we were all pleasantly surprised by the outstanding food. Ingredients are fresh and food items are made on site. The salmon fish tacos were a pleasant surprise with house made salsa. Coming from Arizona, where we get a steady diet of Mexican food, we would rank these tacos among the best. The onion rings are their specialty and they don't disappoint. Our only regret is that we probably won't make it back anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always excellent!MikeHDined on 5/20/2013We went with an out of town friend on her suggestion to celebrate my birthday. The cranberry Margaritas were stupendous. Our friend loved the blackened Salmon Cobb Salad and my wife went with one of her favorites. I had the special, half clams and half mussels. Leslie our waitperson went out out the way to accommodate my request of no butter in the broth. The big ol' pile of shellfish came with wild rice and asparagus on the side and were prepared perfectly and a great compliment to the dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it !!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013This is a wonderful dining gem in a small town, we arrived and were taken right to our table with a view as we had requested. The atmosphere was very upbeat and friendly, and the view is spectacular. Everyone in our party ordered something different and got exactly what they ordered fixed as requested every dish was delicious. The service was a tad slow, however with the atmosphere and view even this was enjoyable. Positively we will be returning to Downriggers.Special Features:
- Best thing about DownriggersSJG425Dined on 12/31/2012Best thing about Downriggers is the view. The restaurant sits right on the bank of the water with great views of the bay, harbor, and ferry. Food is fine, but not great. My salmon was overcooked and potatoes and broccoli were cold. Clams in appetizer were good, but the dipping butter had no flavor and there were far too many onions overpowering the dish. The whipped sun dried tomato butter that comes with the bread is delicious. Key lime tart dessert was really good ... note, not made by the restaurant but rather a bakery in town. My wife's lemon seafood pasta was pretty tasty.Special Features:
- Calimari was tasteless, clamOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/24/2012Calimari was tasteless, clam chowder had raw potatos, crab cakes overworked and mushy. I would not go back. Our server wore so much perfume it was all I could taste.
- The seafood was not good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/9/2012The seafood was not good. One party ordered Crab Mac which was inedible. Crab cakes were substituted but they were also sub-par. The fish tacos were tasteless, the house green salad house dressing was no good. All four persons in our party were very disappointed. I cannot recommend this eating establishment.Special Features: