Douro Restaurant Bar
363 Greenwich Avenue
Greenwich, CT 06830Neighborhood:
PortuguesePrice: $31 to $50
Douro Restaurant Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dourorestaurantbar.com/
- Phone: 2038697622
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:30am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mediterranean, Portuguese, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Chef Rui Correia
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Chef's Table, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine Bar
- Catering: With Chef Rui's artistic direction, DOURO offers a unique catering & event planning experience. Focused on your needs, Chef Rui will create the perfect menu, whether for a cocktail party or dinner with friends & family, at the restaurant or in your home.
A word from Douro Restaurant Bar
DOURO offers an inventive approach to Portuguese-Mediterranean fare, using the best of local & seasonal ingredients from natural production, sustainable farmhouses & purveyors.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Douro Restaurant Bar - Best Restaurants in Greenwich ›
Douro Restaurant Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
36 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (20)neighborhood gem (19)romantic (7)good for groups (7)hot spot (5)great for lunch (5)notable wine list (5)special occasion (5)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Interesting, tasty food!CarolMDined on 9/14/2014My husband and I dined at Douro early on a Sunday evening. It was very quiet, which may not be typical when the restaurant is full. The food was excellent and service outstanding. My husband had the special appetizer, which he loved. He followed up with the tuna, which looked incredible (and tasted even better he claimed). I had a green salad with cranberries, pine nuts, blue cheese, and poached pears, which was very good and followed that with the chicken paella, which was fabulous. Portion sizes are generous. Servuce was very attentive. We would recommend it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, service and atmospherefloharrDined on 9/4/2014I have been to Douro several times for lunch and dinner. It is well located on a corner of Greenwich Avenue. The atmosphere is pleasant and the restaurant is well appointed. I think the food is excellent and offers something different in the area. The service is very good. I would highly recommend Douro.Special Features:
- Service was Very Attentivesocialbee3VIPDined on 8/30/2014Waiter was so great. Had beet salad which was yummy. Nice warm garlic bread served. My dining partner had paella which he liked very much. I had grilled calamari, octopus and shrimp dish which seemed undercooked and I did not eat. Flan for dessert was very good
- Small Plates Hooray!PeterMVIPDined on 8/18/2014This was a second visit and one of the main attractions for us is the availability of a selection of small plates as we tend to be light eaters. The manager, Dana was very accommodating in that when I asked for the recipe for the drink I ordered she spoke the chef and provided me explicit details in regard to the ingredients. We only rated the service as good as there were two men on the wait staff one attentive and the other one (who was assigned to our table) not so much so. It was early in the evening so it wasn't as if he was overwhelmed with demands. It is one of the few occasion when we left less than 20% gratuity. We do look forward to dining there again in the near future.Special Features:
- Authentic PortugueseStoatDined on 8/6/2014I had the Brazilian Paella. It was authentic, spicy in a flavorful, rather than powerful way and filled with goodies. Perfect. Service was attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- Cuisine out of the ordinaryzencookDined on 8/2/2014And now for something different. Try Portuguese food. We all had the Portuguese version of Paelhas. Delicious. They also had a nice modestly priced wine list. We sat in the wine cellar - great for a party of 5 to 8.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Douro a best Greenwich restaurantStrategiesVIPDined on 7/29/2014Douro offers interesting and tasty food, well prepared and served by a capable staff.Special Features:
- Food and Wine is great.PabloPVIPDined on 7/21/2014They do a very good job of replicating the spirit of the Douro region with their wine list and menu. The Restaurant is in the heart of Greenwich and it's very beautiful inside. The only negative thing i can say is about the service. They seem to be very new at this. The hostess was not very friendly or accommodating. She didn't even smile or greet us. The waiters mistimed their approaches to our table the entire night. (water?, you ready to order? the check?, etc). There were only 3 other tables with customers. I am not sure why their approaches were so. Probably more inexperience.Special Features:
- We'll Be BackPeterMVIPDined on 7/7/2014Early evening reservation so it was relatively empty at the time. We really appreciated the level of attention our table received fro the staff. Friendly, professional and and available but not obtrusive. We especially appreciated the fact that the menu offered many half plate choices. We split the beet salad (excellent) and my wife had the Valencia while I had the Duck confit. She loved hers but although the flavor was excellent I thought the duck was too dry. we found the ambience to be to our taste and look forward to going back for more in the near future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RocketsGuyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Food and service were particularly excellent. We had such a good dinner that we went back the following day for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique menu and a great vibe!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/19/2014Douro is a gem! Chef Rui Correia brings a unique twist Portuguese cuisine, building from the core ingredients and flavors of the Portuguese countryside with modern flair, elegant presentation and interesting flavor overlays. As an example, in addition to a traditional Paella Valenciana that you would find virtually anywhere in Portugal, the menu has a half dozen paellas, each with an ingenious shift in ingredients that still works with the saffron rice base. The staff is friendly, the environs contemporary, and they make great drinks. As you would expect, they have a great variety of wines including many Portuguese varietals that inexplicably don't get their due, and if you love a nice port after dinner, you won't be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ConsistentVWswissDined on 6/15/2014The restaurant was not busy the evening we went. One person could not eat cilantro, but the chef still put it in. The meal had to be redone, and it was microwaved; it tasted like nothing special, but the cost was pretty high. We'd eaten here twice before and had good meals; I don't know what happened on Father's Day. We may never go there again.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/2/2014Started off rather empty, but definitely filled in - and on a Monday night! Soft shell crabs were amazing. Odd that so early in the evening they were already out of carrot cake. The bread is definitely better than the pasta chips.Special Features:
- The following 2 reviews are from the Douro Restaurant Bar reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014The overall experience at Douro is always wonderful. The food is exceptional and the owners are incredibly warm and attentive. We've never been disappointedSpecial Features:
- always fabulouslkf172VIPDined on 4/26/2014this restaurant is one of my favorites, although since i do not live that nearby, i don't go as often as i would like. the food is delicious, fresh, innovative. the service and ambiance are perfect, not trying to hard to be something it is not. chef rui knows what works and sticks with it. homemade hummus, amazing paella, sumptuous grilled octopus, delectable desserts, etc! there is nothing bad here! keep it coming!Special Features: