Double O Grill
1536 Route 9
Wappingers Falls, NY 12590Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Double O Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.doubleogrill.com/
- Phone: 8452977625x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 1:00am
Brunch: Sunday: 9:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Global, International, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Jeff Carpenter
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access
A word from Double O Grill
Ideally located in Dutchess County's bustling Wappingers Falls neighborhood, Double O Grill offers guests a stylish and inviting destination on one of the valley's most vibrant thoroughfares. Double O Grill combines a social atmosphere with exciting cuisine, an expansive beer and wine list & hand-crafted cocktails. Food and drinks are built to share and there is something for everyone. Double O is one of the most spacious energetic restaurants in the valley. Open for Lunch, Dinner, Late Night Dining, and Sunday Brunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Double O Grill - Best Restaurants in Wappinger Falls ›
Double O Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
19 reviews since May 21, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (12)kid-friendly (8)great for brunch (6)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (5)great for lunch (5)vibrant bar scene (5)romantic (4)neighborhood gem (4)late-night find (3)hot spot (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- BrunchYonkersgroupDined on 8/24/2014Everything was good at our last visit. Music was way too loud. We asked for it to be turned down but no one ever did. You could hardly talk to those at your table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as advertised!RhondaDined on 8/23/2014I was looking for a fun place to bring my son for a dinner out while in the Poughkeepsie area and this was it! The appetizer choices were plentiful (just what a 16 year old wants) and the dinner choices too...couldn't finish our meal because we were already too full. We will be back to try out the desserts, which also looked good. Service was excellent - not a long wait for our food, very friendly staff and accommodating with the reservation. Waitress brought water without asking for it! Would like to go back and take the rest of the family.Special Features:
- First VisitGinaBDined on 8/1/2014Loved it met with y son and daughter in law. Many choices from something lite to a full meal. Prices are reasonableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Large Menuenjoying65Dined on 7/30/2014Our first visit to this area restaurant since it changed hands many years ago. Not on our usual path but when checking for a lunch spot on Open Table we saw it listed and decided to give it a try. Large menu, with a variety of food styles and options. Hubby had a cheeseburger which was so large he could not finish it but did enjoy most of it. I had the chicken quesadilla which was good but would have like a little more chicken. I actually opened it to see if I did get one with chicken. There were a few small diced pieces. It was cooked well and the accompaniments were tasty (guacamole, salsa, etc.). Definitely would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOT RECOMMEND FOR BRUNCHbrunchlessDined on 7/20/2014Eggs were cool(not hot like they should be). Omlete had a different flavor to. Shrimp were over cooked and very hard. Sausages were cool also. Recommend Double O for dinner, not Brunch.
- BEWARE WHERE THEY SEAT YOUDinerDined on 6/15/2014Father's day is not the best day for dining out. It is probably second to Mother's day as being the worst, Despite having made reservation, we were seated as far from the buffet as possible. To make matters worse, a door used to serve outdoor patrons was adjacent to our table. The door opened and our paper napkins went flying. The place was jam packed but there was plenty food. I like muscles. They were in pasta. Despite my effort to select the muscles, I ended up with two shells, 1 muscle and a plate of pasta. The coq au vin was at first tantalizing but the novelty soon wore off. The bagels were cut in half instead of sliced. My wife is legally blind, unsteady on her feet and not a big eater.We could not order from the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!`justriteDined on 6/14/2014We were a party of 6. We had a great night. Enjoy the food and the restaurant was just the right temperate. It was breeze outside but perfect inside. I love the Shrimp Scampi. And desserts were great. Thanks for a fun night out!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch!YogagirlDined on 6/1/2014Great buffet brunch with wide variety of baked on premises pastries, omelet station, salads, desserts... Fresh and got!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoubleBirthdayDoubleBirthday05Dined on 5/24/2014Food was great, waitress was great, i loved my experianceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/24/2014Food was good but small portions and expensive. Waiter took forever to greet us.Special Features:
- The following 25 reviews are from the Double O Grill reviews archive.
- Delicious and great serviceTinaDined on 5/17/2014We easily made a reservation online, and were seated quickly when we arrived. The staff was friendly, our food was great, and we were amazed at how quickly the food came after we ordered. The four in our party each ordered different things: skirt steak, a burger, a pasta dish, and a chicken dish. All four of us had never been there before and we each really enjoyed our food, which was freshly prepared and flavorful. Portions were definitely enough food but not so large we were tempted to overeat. My friend and I ordered cocktails and they were very good also. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014I don't love every aspect of the décor, but who cares? The food was amazing in every way. It really made my graduation night special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GoodsammyVIPDined on 5/11/2014Generally good food and good service; however, the restaurant should refrain from cleaning up and moving tables around (and not for customers) while people are diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service Skills needed..MothersDayUpsetDined on 5/11/2014A chair collapsed under my fiancé just minutes after being seated. He fell directly on his back when going down. The manager wasn't much help. I had to ask for a Accident Report (which he incompletely filled out in PENCIL) and a copy, as well as their restaurant information. Our tab was over 300.00 (we had a party of 7) and not once did the Manager come over to express any gratitude on the restaurants behalf. The Manager had very poor customer service skills. A coffee on the house or dessert would have been the proper thing to do after the fall and embarrassment that my fiancé experienced. We could have made a big deal about it, but chose not to. My fiancés steak was poorly seasoned, just smothered in bbq sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/11/2014Took the family there for Mother's Day the Buffet food was ok, plates were dirty and had to wait for more food to be brought out. We were not informed the the buffet would be extended due to the special occasion, we wanted order from the menu.
- Mother's Day BrunchSnowiecatDined on 5/11/2014Celebrated Mother's Day Brunch at Double O grill. Our party was 14 people, so we were in a room with other large parties. Our server was pleasant, the food was standard brunch buffet fare, but the room was over crowded. There was no room to walk between tables, both guests and wait staff alike had trouble maneuvering the room. Price was increased due to Mother's Day, but was not mentioned anywhere Table had crumbs on it. Flatware was dirty. Would not recommend for a holiday ... number of guests seemed to overwhelm the facility.
- Great Time Was Had By Allwonmeover2timesDined on 4/27/2014First, was there for a Sunday Brunch with a group of girls. Following Thursday, was there with a large family group for dinner. Both experiences were just terrific. Food was delicious and the service was great--lovely waitresses. Our guests were equally impressed with the menu choices and the overall atmosphere of the Double O. Thank you for a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/20/2014Family had a great Easter Brunch 2014, reasonable with many choicesSpecial Features:
- Always goodChiefDined on 4/19/2014I never had a bad meal here and given the large number of selections, they always do a good job. I especially like the Miso-glazed salmon. They also are very accommodating with substitutions on sides, etc.Special Features:
- Good for special occasionsBellaDined on 4/12/2014Nice place to go for special occasions, but not on the regular prices are a bit on the high side. Brunch is always nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My friend's and I keep goingDebbieFerrDined on 3/28/2014My friend's and I keep going back to Double O's Grill. They have so many choices on the menu that you can order something different each time! You will never get tired of the menu choices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Later Night Meal... DisappointingJayswburgDined on 3/18/2014Almost non existent service. Unacceptable considering the place was empty.
- Pleasant Surprisemeg1Dined on 3/15/2014Being from Jersey, my boyfriend and I were looking for a restaurant in the Hudson Valley for a Saturday evening out. We came across Double O Grille and thought we would check it out. The exterior displayed nice slate bricks, but the interior was vibrant, fun and cozy. It reminded me of a cross between Cheesecake Factory's table styles and Dave & Buster's fun menu options and bar scene. Our server was terrific. Very knowledgeable and friendly. Our meals and drinks were great as well. We definitely plan on returning. Definitely worth the hour drive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so so...GuyPDined on 2/23/2014The online menu looked appealing. The place is clean, with a good atmosphere. We were seated quickly as it was not very busy. Our server had a great personality and was very friendly. So far so good..... My wife ordered the arugula and seafood salad, I ordered salmon with spinach. The food took a long time to be tabled. My wife's salad was mixed greens, not arugula. The server was very nice in trying to correct but it seemed the place was out of arugula so substituted mixed greens without advising us or the server. The staff stated there was some arugula in the mixed greens. My salmon was overlooked and the spinach was terrible. If the food was as good as our server the place would be great.Special Features:
- goodtimeluv2eatDined on 2/23/2014our reservation was fulfilled...we requested all chair sitting and my request was met.....food was great....omelets are the best! waitress was excellent......only complaint was that plates were not taken away fast enough...otherwise enjoyed ......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I definitely recommend DoubleOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014I definitely recommend Double Os ! The atmosphere was great and the selection of food was large!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Even though it was a very busy Valentines day evening, it was easy to get reservations for the time I wanted and the service and food was great! I'll go again.Special Features:
- My husband and i had a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014My husband and i had a wonderful time! It was our first time there and we will be back. Our server Nick was outstanding!Special Features:
- great spothappydinerDined on 2/7/2014Double O is a very great, moderately priced, consistent restaurant. On this visit we chose to come here to celebrate a birthday with 2 other couples. Our server was upbeat and efficient, the food was good across the board. At Double O, you pay chain restaurant prices but always get better than chain restaurant food and service. A great night out. Thanks Double O!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasant Dining ExperiencedetailsDined on 2/7/2014Great service and my reservation was exactly as I requested and was waiting upon entry. The server was understanding and so accommodating, I asked for no garlic, which by the way is the hardest thing to get from so many establishments as everything is prepared ahead of time but this did not phase them in the least...Drinks were well prepared and food was hot and well presented...I have to admit I have been here many times and I can say I never had a bad meal...year after year, it is consistently the same...this is a major feat for a corp. establishment...good management is the key....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent and so-soOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/2/2014The food, both preparation and presentation, was excellent; the omelet station was attentive to choices and detail; the variety of offerings was extensive and seemed to be refilled on a regular basis. The attention to detail did not extend to the wait staff - requests were slow in being filled, the restaurant was not crowded - a reserved table for six was set with five place settings - although there was seating for six. Guests requested coffee but were not given spoons. (The flatware wrapped in the napkin was a fork and a steak knife - an odd choice for brunch) Used plates were removed quickly but so were the butter plates - there was no place to rest eating utensils (on your napkin?) for a return to the buffet table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Menu itemsDebbieFerrDined on 1/10/2014We keep going back to the Double O because we want to try all the food on the menu! Everything looks so good, we can't wait to try it all!! The wait staff is always friendly and helpful. You never have to wait to catch the eye of your waiter, they periodically check in with you to see if you need anything. We've never had a bad experience here!!! Keep up the great work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always on PointOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/4/2014We had the seafood risotto and it was outrageous. Beer was super cold. Music was perfect. And the service was excellent. We never get a bad experience when we go to Double O. Keep up the good work guys.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double O-h yea!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/31/2013The food was delicious! I went for New Years Eve and had a blast. I ordered the Mahi Mahi and my girlfriend ordered the Duck. Neither of us were disappointed. We got plenty of food ( 2 apps, 2 entree's, a dessert and plenty of drinks) and the bill was only $100!! Def going back soon for the banana bread pudding :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great dining experienceDebbieFerrDined on 12/30/2013My friends and I go to Double O every time we meet for dinner. There are so many items on the menu, that we all make sure we order something new each time we go. We have fun eating there and catching up on our lives. We have never had a bad meal there and we look forward to going again. The staff is always friendly and professional. Keep up the good work!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.