Double Cut Grill
1305 Kalahari Dr.
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Double Cut Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://doublecutgrill.com/
- Phone: 6082537637x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. Daily.
Bar Hours 4 p.m. - Late Daily
Bar Menu starts at 4 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kelli Klingbeil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: A spectacular venue. Chef-prepared cuisine. World-class service. Expect it all
- Private Party Contact: Ben Galaviz 6082537637x
- Special Events: A spectacular venue. Chef-prepared cuisine. World-class service. Expect it all
A word from Double Cut Grill
Kalahari Resorts’ signature dining experience. Double Cut - the name taken from a larger cut of meat - is a contemporary steakhouse that functions as a casual restaurant and watering hole during the early dining hours, but transitions into a high-energy bar and lounge-driven environment as the night progresses. Every detail has been considered to transform you from the stresses of life - into an experience and world that won’t soon be forgotten.Continued
Like the restaurant itself, the menu departs from a classic steakhouse without chasing away the traditionalists. Categories range from classic steaks and chops to seafood.
Like the restaurant itself, the menu departs from a classic steakhouse without chasing away the traditionalists. Categories range from classic steaks and chops to seafood.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
Double Cut Grill - Best Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells ›
Double Cut Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.7Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (42)romantic (39)notable wine list (22)good for groups (21)fit for foodies (18)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (11)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)neighborhood gem (6)great for lunch (4)Show More
- Enjoyable dinning.ScrumptiousDined on 9/15/2014I really enjoyed my visit the other day. We were at Kalahari for my bday and I must say that was one of the top dinners I have had in a while. The steaks were well cooked and tasty and very tender. They even brought me a cake out for my bday after my husband wrote it inside the note with our reservation. Everything I ordered was great. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls golf weekendGirls4golfweekendDined on 9/13/2014This was a great dining experience and a bargain with golfing at trappers turn. Highly recommend both. it was such a great end to our day to stop here to relax and enjoy very tasty dishes. We are now considering on having a comeback trip here in the spring instead of trying a different state for our ninth weekend next year. We used our fifty dollar vouchers on fantastic starters, steaks, prime ribs, walleyes, veggies, and desserts along with two great bottles of wine and we were still able to take a bottle with us. Fantastic in my estimation! Kudos to the establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing portions!BgillDined on 9/11/2014This place is incredible. The steaks are just superb. Ask for light searing however, if you don't like a heavy sear. The garlic mashed potatoes are out of this world, and my wife even ate them. She hates red potatoes but loved these! The fish was cooked perfect and had a phenomenal presentation. They even treated us to an ice cream cake dessert to celebrate our anniversary and my wife's birthday! It was a beautiful restaurant that I wish we had back home. Oh, you must try the moscato di Asti!!!! You will thank me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpscaleslashDined on 9/7/2014Very nice atmosphere. Service was avaerage, for a prime steak house it was sub par. Menu is designed and priced as a prime steak house. 3 steaks ordered and none were cooked to order, difference from a place that is new verus established like Ruth's Chris. I will go back as I enjoy that style if dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMbulaDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant was a great place to take some of our out of town business people. We ended up taking 5 of their children ranging from 11 months to 10 years old. The staff was great and never looked down on us for having kids. The steak was amazing. I will continue to bring business people here.Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Wonderful food and atmosphere. We have already recommended this restaurant to her friends. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We have dined here several times and always enjoy the food. A little disappointed with our server Matt. We were his only table but saw his assistant more than him. Did not mention specials. We had also noted it was our anniversary when making the reservations but was not acknowledged during our visit. Ben the manager is always pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful staff !!!!!!!VuefamilyDined on 8/23/2014Food is awesome!!! Love the environment setting! Kid friendly! Warm and calm environment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!MaryMcBeeDined on 8/23/2014The seafood and steaks were amazing. I would not hesitate to dine here again.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Double Cut and just as requested a bottle of bubbly was awaiting us at the table. The host was attentive and took time on several occasions to congratulate us. Our server was prompt and offered a delicate balance of humor and attentiveness with space to celebrate. The food was wonderful and well worth the price and the contemporary esthetic provided the perfect ambiance. To top off the perfect night they treated us to a complimentary dessert with candle. We will be back to celebrate our next anniversary for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dbl CutjimmyceeDined on 8/16/2014Quite different than the previous restaurant that was located there previously. Classy, but not pretentious. Actually, very kid friendly. Food very good and service equally good. Very attentive and responsive. The fire pits and bar are very unique.Special Features:
- Nailed itFatGuyLovesGoodFoodDined on 8/9/2014This would be a very high end steak house in the big city, but in a family vacation spot, they nailed it with all of the high end look and ambiance, the high end food, and the casual vacation all attire. You don't need to be too dressed up here, although it looks like you should. The staff is awesome...always checking on you being extra friendly. And the food is top notch. I leave there full and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, Yet DissapointedALocalsPerspectiveDined on 8/8/2014Let me preface this by saying I consider myself very observant and honest in terms of reviewing restaurants, and have dined at many fine establishments. That being said, we were not pleased with our visit. We decided to have a couple cocktails before dinner, and none of the servers greeted us or took our drink orders after being told by the host to enjoy the lounge area. The cocktails were great, however. I ordered the Bone-In Ribeye with bleu cheese enhancement, which was overcooked and lacked flavor. My wife ordered the filet with a lobster tail and they forgot to bring the lobster tail during the main course, and it arrived only after we were done and full. The ambiance was beautiful, but we were grossly underwhelmed.Special Features:
- always great goodcari2234Dined on 8/8/2014Have been here three times now total. Nothing has changed each time we went. Service is amazing from the bartenders to the servers. Food is always amazing, always have leftovers. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above ExpectationsNicetodineDined on 8/5/2014This was our second trip to the Wisconsin Dells and we always look for a nice place to eat. This was not your typical chain or resort money pit. Double Cut was the type of restaurant you might find in downtown Chicago or Des Moines, or name that big city. We saw the advertisements on the bill boards as we drove into the Dells and decided to take a chance. We were all glad we did because next year when we go back we know where we will be headed to have out nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014My family and I were vacationing in the Dells for the first time, and we saw ads for the Double Cut, so we decided to have a nice dinner! Boy was it awesome!! It was $290 for the 5 of us to eat.. But the experience was irreplaceable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMackDined on 8/2/2014The food was great and the service awesome. We ate dinner early so it wasn't crowded and sat by the fireplace. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Greatest steakMikeyDined on 7/25/2014I would strongly recommend Double Cut to anyone. Hands down the best steak, service and all around experience I have had yet. We went there as couples and could have asked for a more romantic fine dining experience. I love steak and have been to many steak houses through out the country and this is by far on top of the list. Well done to the owners and staff and thank you for the quality service and experience. Well worth every dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the moneycorpyDined on 7/3/2014the resturant is very nice inside, my server was great, but there is something about paying 48 dollars for a bone in rib eye and everything is alacarte that my just doesn't sit well. the meat were a average nothing special 300 dollar bill for 2 adults and three kids kind of is overboard. I knew going in it was expensive but the good was just ok not great!Special Features:
- Double-cut charbroil grillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Service - our waitress was very attentive. Gave 4/5 stars because we weren't asked if we wanted a drink while we looked over the menu, or asked if we wanted an appetizer, even had to ask for a salad and a drink when I ordered my entree.Was she newer? Expected a little more from an expensive steakhouse. Food- we ordered crab stuffed shrimp and veal topped with blue cheese. Both were great! salad- some rotted black lettuce on leaves, wash better? At least it isn't iceberg lettuce. Side dishes: asparagus -good, garlic mashed - excellent, brussel sprouts with bacon and blue cheese- *spectacular*! Waitress was Wisconsin friendly....chatted easily and even bought us a dessert with a sparkler in it after we told her it was our anniv.Special Features:
- OverpricedmikeysmomDined on 6/24/2014Honestly I have eaten in some of the best steakhouses in the world and this one is nothing special. It was overpriced for the quality and I believe takes advantage of guests who want a special night out. Our waitress was amazing but the manager was young and not too sophisticated. They either need to lower their prices or increase the quality.Special Features:
- Great Dells SteakhouseBrandonMDined on 6/23/2014Worth going to. The grilled veggies was great. The lobster bisque was a bit salty but overall worth it. Skip the cherry chocolate cake for dessert.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014I love this place! The service was outstanding. Wonderful variety on the menu- especially the selection (and generous portion) of side items. The popovers are to die for! And, don't miss the chili! Great wine selection and extensive drink menu with unique cocktails.Special Features:
- notgreatDined on 6/19/2014Food was not as good as we expected. meat was not cooked right what we requested. overall my experience was okay but not great.Special Features:
- Highly recommendMissym29Dined on 6/18/2014Was skeptical at first after glancing at the menu, but I have to admit it was the best prime rib I have ever had. I am also glad our server explained the sides were large enough to share with another (although I think 1 side of the garlic mashed potatoes would have been enough for 3) Overall wonderful dining experience and will definitely visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AWESOME FOODStephanieDined on 6/6/2014The food was amazing. We were in a rush to get to a boat tour and the service was phenomenal. The bartenders made sure we got our food quickly. The food was delish! We had a great experience and only wished we had more time to spend at the restaurant. It was a beautiful restaurant and the service and food put it up a notch or two. Great experience. We can't wait to go again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 84 reviews are from the Double Cut Grill reviews archive.
- Mini burgersLoveBirdsDined on 5/22/2014My husband and I chose to eat here with my parents after our ceremony at the courthouse. Best decision we've ever made as a couple. He would like me to note that the mini burgers we ordered for the appetizer put every other burger he's ever had to shame. (And he is a man who cares deeply for burgers) I feel safe speaking for everyone when I say each dish was extraordinary, put together and presented with elegance that we all so appreciated greatly. Lastly we thought the surprise best wishes cake was truly 'the ice cream on the cake!' It was unexpected and incredibly thoughtful. We can't wait to celebrate many more happy occasions with Double Cut in the future!Special Features:
- It was a fabulous experience!food4uDined on 5/17/2014This restaurant has it all. Starting at the bar to the dining room and an after dinner drink by the fire. What a gem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I left stuffed!FatGuyLovesGoodFoodDined on 5/16/2014I had the best crab cakes I have ever had...an outstanding steak and lobster... And the service was well above the norm. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Vibe, Big City FeelNapervilleDined on 5/10/2014Outstanding service, food and atmosphere. Comparable prices to a BIG CITY Steak joint & venue and worth every penny. We are from Naperville, IL and dine in Chicago a lot. This rates right up there! We are happy to have a new establishment to relax and enjoy good food with family & friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Eager Anticipation...sek128Dined on 5/4/2014We like to go to the Dells to shop and hang out and we like to try new places to eat and we finally were going to blow some big bucks on a nice steak dinner. Since the D/C was on the end of town we were at , the decision was made to give them a try. They looked and sounded good on their website and we made reservations (per their recommendation) on the website. We arrived and we're promptly seated. The restaurant is visually stunning. I loved the open fireplaces. The menu is a la carte with the side dishes served "family style". My steak came on a plate with a little sprig of parsley. And the server forgot my sauce. I was expecting the best steak of my life and got a chunk of meat "diner" style. My girlfriend said the prime rib was gooSpecial Features:
- DisappointedMamaosoDined on 5/2/2014The first time the food we visited the food was outstanding. The second time, well we ordered the same dishes as the first and our heirloom tomato with Mozzarella and and onions fell flat. The tomatoes had no flavor and we're mealy. The lobster was rubber and was returned, the manager went to the kitchen and said he checked it and agreed. Our guest ordered the his ribeye rare and encrusted with blue cheese I ordered my steak medium. He received med. well with a sprinkle of blue cheese and I received mine rare. The manager offered us free desserts but they we're out of the two favorites and only had cherry jubilee and cheesecake. The best part was the hash brown side. We had looked forward to this meal and we're raving about it.Special Features:
- Amazing...ChaChiDined on 5/2/2014Best steak I have had in ages. Everything was cooked perfectly. Expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay forNickelsDined on 4/27/2014Great Porterhouse with fantastic flavor - expensive, but worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bartendershadow1Dined on 4/25/2014Great hand crafted cocktails and bartenders very friendly and welcoming. Dinner was great my second time there. Sides are too large for two dining should offer smaller sample plate. Short rib tacos great and light sea bass out of this world. Only complaint would be sit the adults with no kids in separate dinning area really didn't want to be around kids who's parents let them run wild in public. Some don't get this dinning is not water park.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/18/2014Just a perfect fit for the resort. Thanks for a lovely experience. Beautiful decor and wonderful mushroomsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than What I expectBrownieDined on 4/18/2014They have a not bad wine list, and the server know what he is doing very well. I am very Picky on steak, I ordered Bone-in Rib-eye. WOW, come out great!! That's a big Plus. And my wife like her order, some fish, sorry, I forget the name, but I taste one bite, nice also. Special my daughter ordered something close to chocolate brownie for her dessert, that looks nice and she like it. 2nd day she wants back to Double cut, the reason is that brownie. But, I already booked another in town Nice dinning place, So, I think I need to give Double Cut a + here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/17/2014What a perfect place for a special event. The staff was wonderful and very accommodating. The entire night was a relaxed and enjoyable experience. Our food was amazing---lobster--yum!!! Enough food for a second meal. This was our first visit but we will return.Special Features:
- Excellent steakMikeDined on 4/16/2014Excellent steak it was well cooked the right way I like it the seasoning was excellent and full of flavorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timerElitedesignzDined on 4/12/2014I had diner with my wife and two children. My wife ordered the filet mignon and I had lobster tail with the bone in rib eye. I asked for the most flavorful steak and that is what my waitress suggested. I have no problem paying for a great steak however in my opinion the lobster was tough and a little over cooked and my steak that should of been med was more med-well. The steak was very bland and not much flavor that would make me want to remember this and order again. The lobster Mac and cheese seemed the same with lack of flavor. I've had both at Capitol grill and every time it's phenomenal. I'm just very surprised in the lack of flavor on my steak, my wife said hers was OK nothing to brag about.Special Features: