Double Cut Grill
1305 Kalahari Dr.
Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Double Cut Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://doublecutgrill.com/
- Phone: (608) 253-7637
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Hours 5 p.m. - 10 p.m. Daily.
Bar Hours 4 p.m. - Late Daily
Bar Menu starts at 4 p.m.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Kelli Klingbeil
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: A spectacular venue. Chef-prepared cuisine. World-class service. Expect it all
- Private Party Contact: Ben Galaviz 6082537637x
- Special Events: A spectacular venue. Chef-prepared cuisine. World-class service. Expect it all
A word from Double Cut Grill
Kalahari Resorts’ signature dining experience. Double Cut - the name taken from a larger cut of meat - is a contemporary steakhouse that functions as a casual restaurant and watering hole during the early dining hours, but transitions into a high-energy bar and lounge-driven environment as the night progresses. Every detail has been considered to transform you from the stresses of life - into an experience and world that won’t soon be forgotten.Continued
Like the restaurant itself, the menu departs from a classic steakhouse without chasing away the traditionalists. Categories range from classic steaks and chops to seafood.
Like the restaurant itself, the menu departs from a classic steakhouse without chasing away the traditionalists. Categories range from classic steaks and chops to seafood.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Double Cut Grill - Best Restaurants in Wisconsin Dells ›
Double Cut Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (40)romantic (39)fit for foodies (24)good for groups (23)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (12)hot spot (11)kid-friendly (7)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (2)Show More
- WonderfulMrandMrsPDined on 11/15/2014Celebrated our anniversary there. Very attentive staff. Prices were to be expected and so worth every penny! The food was AMAZING!!!!! Highly recommend the carpaccio and wedge salad! We will be back! Only con, many people were staying at the attached water park and unfortunately dressed like they just jumped out of the water and threw on their sweats! Saw a couple in stocking feet! What happened to class and respect?? We just laughed at them! I guess the days of dressing up and going out to dine are practically nonexistent nowadays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceKennyDined on 11/5/2014The food was good, although both of our meats were overcooked from how we ordered them. The service was excellent. The dessert drink was the highlight of the meal. Bottomline though, the atmosphere was not at all to our liking. It was cold and sterile. Also, although there were only a few people in the entire grill, is was noisy as voices carried way too much.Special Features:
- FantasticBtateDined on 10/28/2014Restaurant manager was incredibly cordial and friendly with my large group of people that unfortunately had to change in number and in plan more than one time. Four of us ordered the steak burger-omgoodness! So delicious. I ordered mine with a salad with the homemade balsamic vinagraitte which was also lovely. The only 'problem' we had is that the bartender made too much Cosmo for one person in our party, gave the extra to her in a small carafe, and the waitress charges her for that as another drink, even though she very clearly only ordered one. Other than that, we were absolutely pleased. Wish we had time to relax around the fires in the lounge area!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 40th celebrationharley2012Dined on 10/25/2014My husband and I just recently celebrated out 40th anniversary. On the recommendation of our daughters we went to the Double Cut Grill. I had the New York Strip and my husband had the prime rib. Have to say it was one of the best steaks we had in a long time. The rest of the meal was just as fabulous. We were done dining the manager came out to talk to us and before we left they served us a special cake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CndltLdncDined on 10/24/2014Great place to dine. Atmosphere, service, and food were all excellent. I enjoyed the ribeye steak which was done to perfection with good flavor. I found it to be the best steak in the area. My wife enjoyed the Seabass and it was outstanding. We definitely will be dining at Double Cut again.Special Features:
- Not what I thought.foodlovernotimpressedDined on 10/19/2014I expected the quality of the food to be a bit better seeing as it is listed as a 5 star restaurant, but then again, every ones taste buds are different. It was very elegant looking.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014Andy the server was excellent!! The food was amazing and it made my birthday perfect!! Never had a bad experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quite good but rather priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014The Double Cut Grill competes at the top end of the food dollar spectrum and does well the things you would expect it to do well. The steaks are very tasty and high quality and for each of the four people in our party, they were done as ordered. The grilled vegetable side was considered particularly good by our party - and the sides are large and sharable as promised by the attentive wait staff. The initial fresh bread offering was modest, however. At the same time, the ambiance was quite nice, but arguably not top shelf. Their decoration choices aren't really that memorable once you get past the open fireplaces in the initial lounge area. We were seated in a fairly large room which became somewhat noisy even with relatively few diners.Special Features:
- Best Steak house to Manny'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/17/2014If you are traveling to the Dells and are looking for a great Steak House, go to Double Cut. We liked it better than Kincaid's, Murray's and Pittsburgh Blue. We still have a heart for Manny's, but Center Cut is right up there!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great SteakhouseOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/12/2014From start to finish a great steakhouse. Amazing staff and incredible food. Good wine list as well.Special Features:
- Perfect Experience!beckDined on 10/10/2014Double Cut was an excellent choice to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. From booking the reservation online to the complimentary dessert, it was an incredible experience. My filet mignon melted in my mouth. In addition to the wonderful food, the ambiance was perfect for a romantic evening. We can't say enough great things and would highly recommend the restaurant to anyone looking for amazing food in a sophisticated atmosphere.Special Features:
- Absolutely IncredibleFoodAndArtDined on 9/26/2014My girlfriend and I came in after looking at rave reviews online and we were not disappointed. The food was beyond delicious: a filet mignon that was seasoned to perfection, and so tender that a butter knife could have been used effortlessly. The calamari was also wonderful: crispy but not overdone, served on a bed of unique garnishments that were creative and flavorful. Our server was also extremely pleasant, helping us get the most out of a rare dining experience but without being overbearing. We visit the Kalahari every year and we've already planned our return to Double Cut for the next. Frankly, I'm more excited for that than I am anything else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Double Cut Saturday NightOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Our ladies night out started off great with delicious seafood (oysters, king crab legs, miso-soy glazed seabass) and great wine (Seghesi Pinot Grigio). Our server, Holly, was very nice and delivered good service. My only critique was that the "meat cart" bit with non plated wrapped meats and large potatoes being smacked against the hand... a little different I guess. Aside from that, it was a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud dining experienceMocatDined on 9/20/2014Food was ok, the fillet was over cooked, the ribeye was very good so it was a mixed experience for us. We were looking for a romantic experience and it was far from that though. Very loud, and we were next to a large group which had no regards for anyone around them. There were a lot of other tables but they put us right next to the group table.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Sadly, our meal was not very good and our service was worse. My popover was completely raw dough inside and our steaks were tough. The hostess was dressed inappropriately (sleeveless and very low cut top), not what you would expect for a high class steak house. She was talking to someone and it took her quite some time to acknowledge us. We were looking forward to this and for the amount of our bill... We were very disappointed:(
- Party of 13JenniferDined on 9/20/2014Food was good but could have been warmer. Of course, we had a party of 13 & that is difficult. Service to the table was outstanding! However, there was an error on my dinner bill charging extra gratuity. Good thing I reviewed. It was a $20.+ mistake! Would definitely come again! Wine & service was outstanding !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodpeteDined on 9/20/2014good foodThe food was great, although our server didn't take much time for explanations, as it was our first time . For example, we ordered 3 "side" items, one of which was asparagas, another was the grilled veggies, grilled veggies also included asparagasSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinning.ScrumptiousDined on 9/15/2014I really enjoyed my visit the other day. We were at Kalahari for my bday and I must say that was one of the top dinners I have had in a while. The steaks were well cooked and tasty and very tender. They even brought me a cake out for my bday after my husband wrote it inside the note with our reservation. Everything I ordered was great. Will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls golf weekendGirls4golfweekendDined on 9/13/2014This was a great dining experience and a bargain with golfing at trappers turn. Highly recommend both. it was such a great end to our day to stop here to relax and enjoy very tasty dishes. We are now considering on having a comeback trip here in the spring instead of trying a different state for our ninth weekend next year. We used our fifty dollar vouchers on fantastic starters, steaks, prime ribs, walleyes, veggies, and desserts along with two great bottles of wine and we were still able to take a bottle with us. Fantastic in my estimation! Kudos to the establishment!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing portions!BgillDined on 9/11/2014This place is incredible. The steaks are just superb. Ask for light searing however, if you don't like a heavy sear. The garlic mashed potatoes are out of this world, and my wife even ate them. She hates red potatoes but loved these! The fish was cooked perfect and had a phenomenal presentation. They even treated us to an ice cream cake dessert to celebrate our anniversary and my wife's birthday! It was a beautiful restaurant that I wish we had back home. Oh, you must try the moscato di Asti!!!! You will thank me!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UpscaleslashDined on 9/7/2014Very nice atmosphere. Service was avaerage, for a prime steak house it was sub par. Menu is designed and priced as a prime steak house. 3 steaks ordered and none were cooked to order, difference from a place that is new verus established like Ruth's Chris. I will go back as I enjoy that style if dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingMbulaDined on 9/3/2014This restaurant was a great place to take some of our out of town business people. We ended up taking 5 of their children ranging from 11 months to 10 years old. The staff was great and never looked down on us for having kids. The steak was amazing. I will continue to bring business people here.Special Features:
- Great food.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Wonderful food and atmosphere. We have already recommended this restaurant to her friends. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always amazing foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014We have dined here several times and always enjoy the food. A little disappointed with our server Matt. We were his only table but saw his assistant more than him. Did not mention specials. We had also noted it was our anniversary when making the reservations but was not acknowledged during our visit. Ben the manager is always pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, wonderful staff !!!!!!!VuefamilyDined on 8/23/2014Food is awesome!!! Love the environment setting! Kid friendly! Warm and calm environment!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food!MaryMcBeeDined on 8/23/2014The seafood and steaks were amazing. I would not hesitate to dine here again.Special Features:
- Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014We celebrated our anniversary at Double Cut and just as requested a bottle of bubbly was awaiting us at the table. The host was attentive and took time on several occasions to congratulate us. Our server was prompt and offered a delicate balance of humor and attentiveness with space to celebrate. The food was wonderful and well worth the price and the contemporary esthetic provided the perfect ambiance. To top off the perfect night they treated us to a complimentary dessert with candle. We will be back to celebrate our next anniversary for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dbl CutjimmyceeDined on 8/16/2014Quite different than the previous restaurant that was located there previously. Classy, but not pretentious. Actually, very kid friendly. Food very good and service equally good. Very attentive and responsive. The fire pits and bar are very unique.Special Features:
- Nailed itFatGuyLovesGoodFoodDined on 8/9/2014This would be a very high end steak house in the big city, but in a family vacation spot, they nailed it with all of the high end look and ambiance, the high end food, and the casual vacation all attire. You don't need to be too dressed up here, although it looks like you should. The staff is awesome...always checking on you being extra friendly. And the food is top notch. I leave there full and satisfied.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful, Yet DissapointedALocalsPerspectiveDined on 8/8/2014Let me preface this by saying I consider myself very observant and honest in terms of reviewing restaurants, and have dined at many fine establishments. That being said, we were not pleased with our visit. We decided to have a couple cocktails before dinner, and none of the servers greeted us or took our drink orders after being told by the host to enjoy the lounge area. The cocktails were great, however. I ordered the Bone-In Ribeye with bleu cheese enhancement, which was overcooked and lacked flavor. My wife ordered the filet with a lobster tail and they forgot to bring the lobster tail during the main course, and it arrived only after we were done and full. The ambiance was beautiful, but we were grossly underwhelmed.Special Features:
- always great goodcari2234Dined on 8/8/2014Have been here three times now total. Nothing has changed each time we went. Service is amazing from the bartenders to the servers. Food is always amazing, always have leftovers. Will definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above ExpectationsNicetodineDined on 8/5/2014This was our second trip to the Wisconsin Dells and we always look for a nice place to eat. This was not your typical chain or resort money pit. Double Cut was the type of restaurant you might find in downtown Chicago or Des Moines, or name that big city. We saw the advertisements on the bill boards as we drove into the Dells and decided to take a chance. We were all glad we did because next year when we go back we know where we will be headed to have out nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014My family and I were vacationing in the Dells for the first time, and we saw ads for the Double Cut, so we decided to have a nice dinner! Boy was it awesome!! It was $290 for the 5 of us to eat.. But the experience was irreplaceable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodMackDined on 8/2/2014The food was great and the service awesome. We ate dinner early so it wasn't crowded and sat by the fireplace. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 93 reviews are from the Double Cut Grill reviews archive.
- Greatest steakMikeyDined on 7/25/2014I would strongly recommend Double Cut to anyone. Hands down the best steak, service and all around experience I have had yet. We went there as couples and could have asked for a more romantic fine dining experience. I love steak and have been to many steak houses through out the country and this is by far on top of the list. Well done to the owners and staff and thank you for the quality service and experience. Well worth every dollarSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not worth the moneycorpyDined on 7/3/2014the resturant is very nice inside, my server was great, but there is something about paying 48 dollars for a bone in rib eye and everything is alacarte that my just doesn't sit well. the meat were a average nothing special 300 dollar bill for 2 adults and three kids kind of is overboard. I knew going in it was expensive but the good was just ok not great!Special Features:
- Double-cut charbroil grillOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/3/2014Service - our waitress was very attentive. Gave 4/5 stars because we weren't asked if we wanted a drink while we looked over the menu, or asked if we wanted an appetizer, even had to ask for a salad and a drink when I ordered my entree.Was she newer? Expected a little more from an expensive steakhouse. Food- we ordered crab stuffed shrimp and veal topped with blue cheese. Both were great! salad- some rotted black lettuce on leaves, wash better? At least it isn't iceberg lettuce. Side dishes: asparagus -good, garlic mashed - excellent, brussel sprouts with bacon and blue cheese- *spectacular*! Waitress was Wisconsin friendly....chatted easily and even bought us a dessert with a sparkler in it after we told her it was our anniv.Special Features:
- OverpricedmikeysmomDined on 6/24/2014Honestly I have eaten in some of the best steakhouses in the world and this one is nothing special. It was overpriced for the quality and I believe takes advantage of guests who want a special night out. Our waitress was amazing but the manager was young and not too sophisticated. They either need to lower their prices or increase the quality.Special Features:
- Great Dells SteakhouseBrandonMDined on 6/23/2014Worth going to. The grilled veggies was great. The lobster bisque was a bit salty but overall worth it. Skip the cherry chocolate cake for dessert.Special Features:
- Amazing food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/22/2014I love this place! The service was outstanding. Wonderful variety on the menu- especially the selection (and generous portion) of side items. The popovers are to die for! And, don't miss the chili! Great wine selection and extensive drink menu with unique cocktails.Special Features: