Dot Wo Garden
6161 N May Ave
Oklahoma City, OK 73112Neighborhood:
ChinesePrice: $30 and under
Dot Wo Garden
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dot-wo.com/
- Phone: 4056082388
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm;
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Japanese, Vietnamese, Chinese
- Executive Chef: Denny Ha
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We have catered to many events. Please take a look at our gallery for more detail.
- Private Party Facilities: We offer two private rooms which can seat up to 30+. 55" projection for presentation will be available in each room.
- Private Party Contact: Steven Ha 4058028628
A word from Dot Wo Garden
Serving the best Chinese in the OKC metro for over a century. We are proud to serve with pride at our new location. Relocated to our 7,000 sq/ft newly renovated to serve our customers better. We now have a new addition to the menu. Sushi! Come join us for a fine Asian cuisine.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dot Wo Garden reviews from OpenTable diners
- Nothing specialOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/25/2014I felt like this was nothing special. The sesame chicken I was told was white meat but was not, but it was okay The pot stickers I did not like SO SO placeSpecial Features:
- FlavorlessTapperDined on 4/14/2014Four of us ordered different lunch dishes. The Szechuan chicken had no heat or Szechuan sauce, only 3 peppers on side of plate. No seasoning at all. When I questioned if this was Szechuan, I was told it was and no attempt to exchange or make it right. Very embarrassed as I had raved about my previous evening experiences. Other diners said their dishes were flavorless as well. Nothing had any taste or seasoning. Will not return or recommend. Very disappointed.
- Excellent food give it a try!JohnRDined on 3/14/2014Fresh food well prepared. Sea bass was excellent. Staff very willing to accommodate our vegetarian friend dining with us. Best chinese I've had in OKC-was much better than Grand House. Be sure you go to Dot Wo on May Ave not their old location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great VdayKellyDined on 2/14/2014Food and service was great considering how busy they were for Valentine's Day. The space could use a little more privacy, because it was a little loud (given the large open space). However, on any regular night I'm sure this isn't a concern.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2014Was good food only thing we had a party of 4 and all two of us got our dinner and 2 had too wait for about 10 mins would like to eat together but overall was good foodSpecial Features:
- Very nice place to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014I thoroughly enjoyed my dinner meal at the Dot Wo Garden. The atmosphere was nice, the food was good and it wasn't loud. The service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DecentBBennett40Dined on 12/31/2013Was good. Nothing special. We couldn't understand the waiter giving us a reason why there were no pot stickers on New Years. The wait staff couldn't have cared less that we used Open Table.I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveTapperDined on 12/31/2013Great evening with friends on NYE. Loved that the regular menu and pricing was available rather than a pricey fixed menu used by many area restaurants. Food, service, and atmosphere were terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AverageOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2013We had high expectations of this place - but were disappointed. We made reservations for early evening on New Year's Eve. The restaurant was large so many tables were available when we arrived. Our service was very slow... We were told later they were just overwhelmed with business at the end of the evening (again there were many available tables so they must have not scheduled enough servers)?! My husband (who NEVER wastes food) ordered his favorite dish from other Chinese restaurants (Lady Ma Tofu) and actually left all the "pork"... Said the texture was not of "Meat" and was grossed out! The rest of us thought our meals were just "ok"... Sushi was good. Maybe it was an "off" night for them but sadly we will not be going back.Special Features:
- Not so hotMollyVIPDined on 12/26/2013My waitress did not listen to my order. Didn't pay attention when she didn't bring the correct meal and it took forever to get the bill
- Christmas EveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/24/2013Good meal, but took a very long time...2 1/2 hours for dinner. We had small children with us...10 people alltogether. Waitstaff tried to keep everyone happy. I appreciate the service but wait times were way too long, especially for a reservation. Waiter said they had a lot of to-go orders that night. Diners should have had preference. I am hesitant to make another reservation for a group.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sushi was amazingjohncobDined on 10/16/2013Have been here several times and never have I had a bad experience here. Food is always amazinf and service is great. Staff very friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative Chinese FoodLyleDined on 9/28/2013Good food and the atmosphere was great. Will return to try out some of their other dishes. Good prices on the food as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2013The food is outstanding. Be sure and ask for the Chinese menu that has more items then the regular menu if you enjoy Asian food. The food and service were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-so food and service OKMEL14Dined on 9/10/2013Not amazing food like everyone raved about and servers had difficulty getting the orders right. Might have been a one-time deal, but judging by the lack of diners, maybe this isn't a one-time occurrence
- Good comboRickOKCVIPDined on 9/8/2013They have a good combination of various Asian cuisines. We ordered sesame chicken along with three sushi rolls, put them in the center of the table, and everyone shared. The quantities are large, and the taste was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Father's Day festRangerDined on 6/16/2013We made reservations about a week before our visit. We were promptly seated at the time of our reservation. We arrived early and the place was very crowded. The food was excellent as usual. We will be back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Chinese in OKC w/ a full bar?LisaokcDined on 6/5/2013It's our second time coming in Dot Wo Garden. They finally got their full bar operational. We sat at the bar and Denzel served us some really fine martinis. I had the sushi and my husband went for the peking duck. Everything was fantastic as always. Great service, ambiance and delightful food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THe food and service at DotwinnerVIPDined on 2/24/2013THe food and service at Dot Wo Garden were fablous. I had dined at the old location for Dot Wo on north Portland in OKC and was very much impressed with their new location and new menu items including sushi. Our waitress was excellent and had many excellent suggestions for food selections. My wife and I will certainly visit Dot Wo Garden in the futureSpecial Features:
- The restaurant has no liquorumpquaDined on 2/16/2013The restaurant has no liquor license - despite the fact that their web page listed their beer, wine and drink selection. This kind of false advertising should not be rewarded. I would encourage people to skip Dot Wo.
- Most of the food we were servedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013Most of the food we were served was cold. The dishes tasted very bland. We will not be dining there again.
- Very agttractive and roomy.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/7/2013Very agttractive and roomy. We loved having the round table for our group of 11; makes talking so much easier.Special Features:
- Great traditional Chinese foodkrtokcVIPDined on 1/26/2013Very nice new spacious location. Waiter very helpful and courteous.Special Features:
- New OKC star!FoodfotoerVIPDined on 1/19/2013One Oklahoma City's finer Chinese restaurants. Loved their old location, but this new one is the perfect upgrade!Special Features:
- NO ALCOHOL YETOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013There is NO ALCOHOL here. I mention this up front because the reviews I skimmed didn't mention this prominently if at all, and we would have passed on this place had we know. (One review mentioned a big bar but doesn't mention no alcohol??) They said they are waiting on their liquor license and hope to get it soon. This put a damper on the meal as we were hoping for a decent glass of wine. There was a table right by us with a big, heavy, loud talking guy dressed with a fishing hat and a shirt with ripped off sleeves--just like that comedian with the hillbilly schtick--so alcohol would have mitigated that some. It was just really tacky and one would hope the restaurant would have and enforce a dress code of some sort.
- Food was great, service wasJohnRVIPDined on 1/10/2013Food was great, service was a little slow this time. This was not my first visit. We will go back.Special Features: