Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen
113 South Olive Street
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dosgringosmedia.com/
- Phone: (610) 565-7794
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm
Sunday: 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Spanish, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Greg Quintiliano
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: Full Catering Menu accommodating any party size. Visit http://www.dosgringosmedia.com/catering-menu for full catering menu.
- Private Party Contact: Greg 6105657794x
A word from Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen
Locally-owned fresh Mexican flavor in downtown Media offering lunch and dinner six days a week. Signature offerings include scratch-made chorizo sausage, slow-roasted meats and fresh seafood. BYOT - bring your own tequila. Fresh margarita & mojito pitchers available for mixing. Indoor & outdoor dining (weather permitting) and participant of Media's own Dining Under the Stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Media ›
Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (35)great for outdoor dining (23)fit for foodies (21)good for groups (11)hot spot (8)kid-friendly (7)great for lunch (6)romantic (3)special occasion (3)scenic view (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fresh and fastXtineDined on 11/20/2014We love this place! They always have interesting specials and an empanada of the day. This is not your Chi-Chis Mexican, rather it is flavors and ingredients of Mexican home cooking. This is a tiny place, so it is always good to reserve. BYOB or BYOT - they provide tequila mixers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedNotAFoodieDined on 11/20/2014Amazing restaurant, great food - smaller menu, but daily specials keep it interesting. During the summer, dining under the stars is amazing, too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun for a quick bitefunnybabyDined on 11/15/2014This restaurant is teeny tiny and very cramped. Food was good but the atmosphere ruined the night: tables are very tightly spaced with barely any room to move; it is very loud; and not a great place to enjoy the company of others. Food was served so quickly that we received our appetizer a minute or two before our entrees were served. It was very clear that they were trying to turn tables quickly, we felt rushed to leave. It was a nice place to pop in for lunch if I happened to be in the area but we would not go out of our way to eat there again.Special Features:
- LyndaKDined on 11/8/2014We Finally made it to Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen and we cannot wait to go back!! Dos Gringos is the best Mexican restaurant in Media!Special Features:
- nicoleDined on 11/7/2014We love this place..not to pricey and is a byot! Only downside is its really tiny inside.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food reasonably pricedChrisBDined on 11/7/2014Attentive service and excellent guacamole. Love the BYOT, bring your own tequila feature. Their margarita options are great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BLo1Dined on 11/1/2014Please servers - when we ask for dressing on the side, we really really do want it on the side! Other than the beet salad drenched in dressing, the food was good and so was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Should have gotten a different dishKaelaDined on 10/21/2014Last year I had an amaaaazing short rib dish here that was removed in the fall of '13. I really was hoping the the current dish was like that or would bring me back, but it was not. I felt like I should have just ordered the chicken enchilladas and called it a day but that's just my opinion. In my many visits, the food just didn't wow me this time which is sad.. the short rib dish didn't have much flavor but I couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was. Either way, I had a great server who we really enjoyed!Special Features:
- Excellent!HenShoreVIPDined on 10/17/2014We had a table of 10 for our daughter's birthday last Friday night at 7:30. Would have loved a round table but those are few and probably only available at affairs, not restaurants. Dos Gringos is small but the food and service were fantastic. Loved that they made sure we got what we were entitled to for Restaurant Week, that not all of us had to order from the Restaurant Week menu, and that we could substitute if we wanted to. We will be back again for sure - it's hard to find great Mexican. Media is doing it right too!Special Features:
- Restaurant weekKMGajateDined on 10/12/2014My husband and I brought my father for his birthday. Our reservation was for 4:45pm and were seated right away. Our waitress, Nina G, was very attentive. When seated we were given 4 different salsas and chips. I really liked mixing the medium and spicy together. I ordered the guacamole and that was delicious! My husband got the tostones appetizer and it was incredible. They had pork and pineapple on top, amazing! Our entrees included chicken enchiladas, surf and turf fajitas, and camarones con ajo everything was delicious! For dessert we had a pumpkin cheesecake and banana flauta. They were heavenly. The prices were a little high, but the restaurant price was a good deal. We will definitely return.Special Features:
- First-timerJohnDined on 10/4/2014We were looking for something new to try and saw that Dos Gringos had great reviews. The food is great and it's also BYOT. Highly recommend and already plan on going back again!Special Features:
- Always a pleasureCarapacerDined on 9/10/2014Daily specials never disappoint. Our party at Dining Under the Stars enjoyed all the choices, especially the guac!Special Features:
- patrnDined on 9/9/2014This is by far our favorite restaurant! Grab a bottle of wine and we're there. The owner and staff go above and beyond to make you feel at home. The food is always fantastic with fresh, bold flavors. Best guac around!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- boston313Dined on 8/27/2014Great food and perfect byob for summer outdoor dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant was just okay.DodieDined on 8/27/2014I thought it was expensive for the quality/quantity of food and was not impressed with the atmosphere of 'under the stars.' We ate outside, sitting at a lopsided table and drank margeuritas from plastic cups. The food was okay. It wasn't a horrible experience, but I wouldn't return. Sorry.
- I love dos gringosMichelAngelDined on 8/20/2014Quaint place for good food, great service. It's a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- Local favorite for Mexican.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014Recommend the mole or enchiladas. BYOT margarita pitchers are just right. Unlike some other BYOT places, you don't need to prompt the staff to ask about salted rims or extra limes.Special Features:
- A New Local Resident ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/20/2014I visted Dos Gringos for my first "Dining Under the Stars" event and was very pleased overall. The service was a little lacking but I'm assuming that it's hectic with the summer under-the-stars events. The children's menu was decent and not too pricey. I recommend the quac to everyone but the rice left something to be desired. I would absolutely recommend this place to my friends and family. The atmosphere was fun and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and price range!prettybirdDined on 8/19/2014I met a friend for dinner on a Tuesday. The food was great as were the prices! We both got a quesadilla but with different flavors so we could share. The chicken was great but I actually preferred the pork carnitas! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dos Gringos Mexican KitchenjillonbikeVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always great food and service. We especially like the variety in the specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Rightmediaregular4Dined on 8/15/2014Made reservations only an hour prior to going out. quick and easy, table was ready even though they were crowded. Service great and attentive. Food was great and just right for our quick evening out. Nice change for us as we don't eat Mexican out too much..Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeGailsailorDined on 8/15/2014We had not visited Dos Gringos for a while as it is often crowded but we liked the food so we headed back armed with our open table reservations. First impression on a lovely evening outdoors was great. We were seated at a table for two which was totally inadequate. We had to put our margarita pitcher on the side walk to make room for the food. The tables are just too small . We both ordered surf and turf fajitas. They were served on a platter with the meat and vegetables in a soupy center dish with bland rice, re fried beans without cheese, jicama slaw and crumbled cheese. It was all pretty bland. Seemed the food had gotten less spicy and flavorful. We hope to try again and order other dishes and specials before abandoning Dos Gringos.Special Features:
- Media hot spot on WednesdaysBearVIPDined on 8/13/2014They do a remarkable job handling reservations on a busy Dining Under the Stars night. The wait was bearable, and one feels fortunate to get a table with so many onlookers standing on the side. What an advantage they have offering Open Table reservations compared with the majority of eating establishments in Media. The food was fantastic. Very creative dishes. I am no expert on Mexican food, but the dishes ring of authenticity. Once again, the chips and salsa were great. They were slightly more disorganized this time -- just a very busy evening with beautiful dining weather. I attribute that to the volume and not a flaw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as Alwayssm14Dined on 8/6/2014Dinner was as expected. Margarita mixer (guava) to go with BYOTequila was delicious as was the food. Just like it always is.Special Features:
- OkayThis place is okay.This place iOKAYDined on 8/6/2014Okay. This place is okay.This place is okay.This place is okay.This place is okay.Special Features:
- momgalDined on 8/6/2014This was our second Wednesday in a row at Dos gringos. The food was wonderful,the service perfect. We just love Dos Gringos!Special Features:
- "Real" good food!FalconDined on 8/6/2014My favorite meal is the chicken enchiladas. They use pieces of chicken rather than ground and the sauce is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinenr out with the FamilyCRK3Dined on 7/30/2014We went to dining under the stars and brought our tequila. The service was food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momgalDined on 7/30/2014We had a wonderful meal as we always do @ Dos Gringos. All 3 of us loved our food. Our waitress was new, but her fellow co-workers were attentive to our needs and made sure we had everything we needed. We had such a great time that we will be returning this Wednesday. Dos gringos is the best restaurant to go to during Dining under the Stars in my opinion.Special Features:
- Great FoodJBGrizzVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food. It's a BYOT and the margarita pitchers are very well priced. Everything we ate was awesome. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- The following 230 reviews are from the Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen reviews archive.
- Great spot in nice town..BRHreviewsVIPDined on 7/26/2014This was our second time at DG and this time we brought back some friends and sat at an outside table. Margarita mix and guac/chips were great start. I had excellent chicken enchilladas, other had steak/shrimp fajitas and a special fish dish....All were excellent. Service was friendly and attentive. Most of all we all loved the vibe in Media. Lots of restaurants, outdoor music...fun to just walk around and take it in after dinner.Special Features:
- Always GreatevilhockeyDined on 7/25/2014I have never had a bad meal or a bad time when eating here !!!Special Features:
- dining under the starsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Fantastic food! Great margarita mixer, guacamole & fried ice cream! Staff whisked us inside before deluge started. We tried lots of dishes & all were delicious. Nice price point. Love the BYOT!Special Features:
- Dining under Stars hot spotBearVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great location on Olive Street to sit outside and enjoy high quality Mexican fare. We enjoyed everything, from the fresh chips with a wonderful variety of salsas immediately placed on the table to the appetizer and entrees. The service was right on as well, a very attentive staff to make sure you have what you need. We were happy to get a table and will eventually return on another Wednesday evening.Special Features:
- We love Dos GringosMediaDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have never been disappointed with the food here. Always interested takes on southwestern standards.Special Features:
- BYOTDaveVIPDined on 7/2/2014Love the concept, bring your own tequila and they will provide the mix for a low cost. We sat outside, the weather was nice and the food was even better.Special Features:
- Local favoriteCarapacerDined on 7/2/2014Dos Gringos is our favorite in Media. Consistent menu, imaginative specials, always well prepared. And really nice folks run and staff the place.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteMareDined on 7/2/2014We like to go with friends and family. The kids love to go on Dining Under the Stars night on Wednesdays. I usually make my reservations about a week in advance in the summer. Owner and wait staff very accommodating re: food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedPickydinerDined on 6/25/2014I've eaten at Dos Gringos over 7 times and have never ever had a meal that was even average - always very, very good and I'm not even a lover of all things Mexican.Special Features:
- momgalDined on 6/25/2014Our time at Dos Gringos was very enjoyable. The food was delicious- I had a special shrimp and talapia dish that was outstanding. The service was very good- attentive without being intrusive. I am returning in 2 weeks.Special Features: