Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen
113 South Olive Street
Media, PA 19063Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dosgringosmedia.com/
- Phone: 6105657794x
- Hours of Operation:
Tuesday - Saturday: 10:30 am - 4:00 pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 4:30 pm - 9:00 pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30 pm - 9:30 pm
*Closed Sunday & Monday*
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Spanish, Mexican
- Executive Chef: Michael Franco
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout
- Catering: Full Catering Menu accommodating any party size. Visit http://www.dosgringosmedia.com/Pages/Catering.aspx for full catering menu.
- Private Party Contact: Greg 6105657794x
A word from Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen
Locally-owned fresh Mexican flavor in downtown Media offering lunch and dinner five days a week. Signature offerings include scratch-made chorizo sausage, slow-roasted meats and fresh seafood. BYOT - bring your own tequila. Fresh margarita & mojito pitchers available for mixing. Indoor & outdoor dining (weather permitting) and participant of Media's own Dining Under the Stars.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMexican
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Media ›
Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
69 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (42)neighborhood gem (40)fit for foodies (14)kid-friendly (13)good for groups (10)hot spot (6)great for lunch (6)special occasion (5)scenic view (3)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Great food and price range!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014I met a friend for dinner on a Tuesday. The food was great as were the prices! We both got a quesadilla but with different flavors so we could share. The chicken was great but I actually preferred the pork carnitas! Yum!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dos Gringos Mexican KitchenOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 8/15/2014Always great food and service. We especially like the variety in the specialsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just Rightmediaregular4Dined on 8/15/2014Made reservations only an hour prior to going out. quick and easy, table was ready even though they were crowded. Service great and attentive. Food was great and just right for our quick evening out. Nice change for us as we don't eat Mexican out too much..Special Features:
- Disappointed this timeGailsailorDined on 8/15/2014We had not visited Dos Gringos for a while as it is often crowded but we liked the food so we headed back armed with our open table reservations. First impression on a lovely evening outdoors was great. We were seated at a table for two which was totally inadequate. We had to put our margarita pitcher on the side walk to make room for the food. The tables are just too small . We both ordered surf and turf fajitas. They were served on a platter with the meat and vegetables in a soupy center dish with bland rice, re fried beans without cheese, jicama slaw and crumbled cheese. It was all pretty bland. Seemed the food had gotten less spicy and flavorful. We hope to try again and order other dishes and specials before abandoning Dos Gringos.Special Features:
- Media hot spot on WednesdaysBearVIPDined on 8/13/2014They do a remarkable job handling reservations on a busy Dining Under the Stars night. The wait was bearable, and one feels fortunate to get a table with so many onlookers standing on the side. What an advantage they have offering Open Table reservations compared with the majority of eating establishments in Media. The food was fantastic. Very creative dishes. I am no expert on Mexican food, but the dishes ring of authenticity. Once again, the chips and salsa were great. They were slightly more disorganized this time -- just a very busy evening with beautiful dining weather. I attribute that to the volume and not a flaw.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as Alwayssm14Dined on 8/6/2014Dinner was as expected. Margarita mixer (guava) to go with BYOTequila was delicious as was the food. Just like it always is.Special Features:
- OkayThis place is okay.This place iOKAYDined on 8/6/2014Okay. This place is okay.This place is okay.This place is okay.This place is okay.Special Features:
- momgalDined on 8/6/2014This was our second Wednesday in a row at Dos gringos. The food was wonderful,the service perfect. We just love Dos Gringos!Special Features:
- "Real" good food!FalconDined on 8/6/2014My favorite meal is the chicken enchiladas. They use pieces of chicken rather than ground and the sauce is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinenr out with the FamilyCRK3Dined on 7/30/2014We went to dining under the stars and brought our tequila. The service was food and service were very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momgalDined on 7/30/2014We had a wonderful meal as we always do @ Dos Gringos. All 3 of us loved our food. Our waitress was new, but her fellow co-workers were attentive to our needs and made sure we had everything we needed. We had such a great time that we will be returning this Wednesday. Dos gringos is the best restaurant to go to during Dining under the Stars in my opinion.Special Features:
- Great FoodJBGrizzVIPDined on 7/26/2014Excellent food. It's a BYOT and the margarita pitchers are very well priced. Everything we ate was awesome. We'll definitely be back.Special Features:
- Great spot in nice town..BRHreviewsDined on 7/26/2014This was our second time at DG and this time we brought back some friends and sat at an outside table. Margarita mix and guac/chips were great start. I had excellent chicken enchilladas, other had steak/shrimp fajitas and a special fish dish....All were excellent. Service was friendly and attentive. Most of all we all loved the vibe in Media. Lots of restaurants, outdoor music...fun to just walk around and take it in after dinner.Special Features:
- Always GreatevilhockeyDined on 7/25/2014I have never had a bad meal or a bad time when eating here !!!Special Features:
- dining under the starsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Fantastic food! Great margarita mixer, guacamole & fried ice cream! Staff whisked us inside before deluge started. We tried lots of dishes & all were delicious. Nice price point. Love the BYOT!Special Features:
- Dining under Stars hot spotBearVIPDined on 7/23/2014Great location on Olive Street to sit outside and enjoy high quality Mexican fare. We enjoyed everything, from the fresh chips with a wonderful variety of salsas immediately placed on the table to the appetizer and entrees. The service was right on as well, a very attentive staff to make sure you have what you need. We were happy to get a table and will eventually return on another Wednesday evening.Special Features:
- We love Dos GringosMediaDinerVIPDined on 7/18/2014We have never been disappointed with the food here. Always interested takes on southwestern standards.Special Features:
- BYOTDaveVIPDined on 7/2/2014Love the concept, bring your own tequila and they will provide the mix for a low cost. We sat outside, the weather was nice and the food was even better.Special Features:
- Local favoriteCarapacerDined on 7/2/2014Dos Gringos is our favorite in Media. Consistent menu, imaginative specials, always well prepared. And really nice folks run and staff the place.Special Features:
- Family FavoriteMareDined on 7/2/2014We like to go with friends and family. The kids love to go on Dining Under the Stars night on Wednesdays. I usually make my reservations about a week in advance in the summer. Owner and wait staff very accommodating re: food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never DisappointedPickydinerDined on 6/25/2014I've eaten at Dos Gringos over 7 times and have never ever had a meal that was even average - always very, very good and I'm not even a lover of all things Mexican.Special Features:
- momgalDined on 6/25/2014Our time at Dos Gringos was very enjoyable. The food was delicious- I had a special shrimp and talapia dish that was outstanding. The service was very good- attentive without being intrusive. I am returning in 2 weeks.Special Features:
- AmazingJw1331Dined on 6/18/2014I love Dos Gringos especially when Dining Under the Stars. The food and drinks are so appetizing and will keep you satisfied for days. Seriously a great restaurant in Media.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingKateKDined on 6/14/2014Had high expectations and was underwhelmed. Tilapia and Crab Veracruz was a good portion size but the fish was not very good. Tilapia usually doesn't taste fishy and this was fishy. Saffron rice was cooked to perfection and totally tasteless, no salt or anything else. Hubby had pork enchiladas that were OK. Service was slow and wait staff seem distracted and are inattentive. Dessert was exceptional, go for the brownie and you won't be disappointed. Could have gone to a chain and gotten a tastier meal for considerably less money. Will try a taco night to see if the hype we've heard is real.
- Good, but expected betterFatDadDined on 6/13/2014The food was good but we were expecting more authentic tasting food. All in all I would recommend it just as a change of pace from the usual burgers or steaks. A few more menu choices would have been nice too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Not-so-Great ServiceUndercoverFoodieDined on 6/11/2014This was my third time going to DG. We went on my insistence of what a hidden gem it was; HOWEVER, within the first 10 minutes I was embarrassed to have even brought my date here. We wanted to relax, enjoy a margarita pitcher, and order food as the night went along. About 5 minutes after we told our waitress of our plans she returned stating that they had "many reservations" that night and don't like people "sitting for a long time." My jaw dropped. I've worked in various dining establishments and would have been fired if I said that to paying customers. The last time I was there the wait staff also began putting chairs up with three tables occupied. The food is excellent, and the reason I keep going back, but service is quite the opposite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- patrnDined on 6/7/2014Food=excellent! Quality=excellent! Staff= super excellent!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sandmansandmanDined on 6/7/2014great evening dining "al fresco" on street with my wife. Tilapia dish and enchiladas + tequila made it perfect!Special Features:
- Good BYOTMikeyCDined on 6/7/2014Bring your own tequila because you cannot get any here. The food is generally great however made the mistake (twice now) of ordering the fajitas. I simply forgot they do not serve a traditional carne' on a sizzling pan with their fajitas. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Order something else!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service, OK foodilovefoodDined on 6/6/2014I was craving some really good Mexican food. Dos Gringos came highly recommended. Our service was really good. The restaurant is decorated nicely. The food was alright, but lacked the amazing flavor that made me crave Mexican in the first place.Special Features:
- Always Great!JeffDined on 6/4/2014Dos Gringos has turned into the "go-to" spot for outdoor dining during Media's Dining Under The Stars when getting together with friends. Great food, nice atmosphere, very nice and helpful staff and of course the BYOT!Special Features:
- BYOT..Dining Under the StarsGandHDined on 6/4/2014The food is great. The ambience on summer nights (wed) for Media dinning under the stars is romantic/fun/very enjoyable! One of our favorite spots to go, especially when you bring your own Tequila and mix with one for the 3 margarita flavors. Menu is limited, but what is offered is very good. If you like outdoor dinning in a festive environment (Media on Wed Night) this a great place to dine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonnaDined on 6/4/2014The chicken enchiladas was excellent . The blood orange Margarita tasty. Mmmmm I can't wait to go back. I love the dining under the stars which is a great community event. I love using open table to reserve a table !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChefsnightoutDined on 5/20/2014Love dos gringos. This was our 3rd time here. This time we were with a group celebrating my parents birthday. All of the food was amazing. I wasn't aware that taco Tuesday was a separate menu but didn't matter to me bc I love the enchiladas and would have gotten them anyway. We did have to wait a little bit for our entrees but was not a big deal. It was a very busy Tuesday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good little spotLuv2dine2Dined on 5/2/2014Great food with good service. Add on cost for lettuce and sour cream for fajitas was upsetting. Open table reservation did not go through at restaurant despite having confirmation email. Luckily they had a table. Overall good experience but LOUD and a bit overpriced. Food and drink quality was very good but just a bit over priced for atmosphere and ambiance of place. If you don't mind noise and kids, then the food is worth it. We will most likely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 207 reviews are from the Dos Gringos Mexican Kitchen reviews archive.
- Authentic Mexican Foodpat13Dined on 4/17/2014Authentic Mexican Food. Great service. They have the best guacamole. It's a small neighborhood spot, but worth the trip.Special Features:
- Local favoriteCarapacerDined on 4/11/2014Just off State St and near the parking lot, Dos Gringos is easy to find and never disappoints. Imaginative and tasty entrees. Bring your own tequila and they will provide you with any of 3 different margarita pitchers, home made. Looking forward to warmer weather and the return of mojito pitchers too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedar33Dined on 3/28/2014We looked forward to our first visit to Dos Gringos. Unfortunately, from the time our chips and salsa arrived at our table, we were disappointed. The chips tasted bland and from a bag. The salsa was the highlight (if there was one) of our experience. Our appetizer was underwhelming, especially since we added crab meat for $3 extra. Our entrees was were just ok without any memorable flavor or ingredient. We found the entire meal to be over-priced and not worth the nearly $50 total (without any alcohol). We are always looking for new Mexican food experiences, and we hoped to add Dos Gringos to our list of regular restaurants. Unfortunately, we have no plans to return for dinner in the future.
- TastyLucyVIPDined on 3/25/2014I have been to Dos Gringos several times and plan to go again. It is truly a neighborhood gem! Media is a bustling little town and this restaurant adds to the popularity. I usually go with my husband and sons but this time I met a friend. It was her first time and she loved her food. I will not recommend one dish over another because they are all delicious. The service is always appropriately attentive. I would make a reservation on any night because it is cosy and busy. If you like Mexican food, you will not be disappointed. Everything is fresh and made with quality ingredients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This a solid choice for brunch,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/7/2014This a solid choice for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Service is good, food is fresh and interesting takes on traditional dishes--enchiladas were great as was the tilapia--fish dishes are usually well-done and flavorful, and the house-made chips, salsas and guacamole are consistently excellent. It is a small place so it can be a little close and a bitSpecial Features: