Dos Diablos - Chicago
15 West hubbard
Chicago, IL 60654Neighborhood:
River North (Chicago)
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
Dos Diablos - Chicago
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dosdiabloschicago.com/
- Phone: 3122455252
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm; Lunch: Everyday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Dinner: 5:00pm - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch
A word from Dos Diablos - Chicago
A new Mexican Restaurant and Cantina opening in River North.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Diablos - Chicago reviews from OpenTable diners
- Not going backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/12/2013I'm a young guy and the speakers were just way too loud...don't take a date here. They also try to nickel and dime you for things like extra cheese, sour cream, stuff like that. I live in the area and won't be going back, there's better, more customer focused restaurants to go to.
- The food was great, and soPookieVIPDined on 1/10/2013The food was great, and so was the service.... What else is there??? I will certainly returnSpecial Features:
- Good Energy but Food is OKSpoonAsKnife82VIPDined on 12/15/2012I haven't come back to this place since May 2010 and back then we had a wonderful experience. We came back in December 2012 and felt like something was missing. They since added a mechanical bull which made it very interesting for us to watch people fall all over the place. The food was pretty average and even their chili was not spectacular. Somehow our return was not up to par. Good Food but not something I will highly recommendSpecial Features:
- I went to Dos Diablos twiceNeighborVIPDined on 11/28/2012I went to Dos Diablos twice before when they first opened and the food was was very good. It seems as if now this is a bar with food. The food was barely luke warm and was definitley not the same good quality. Most of the other people were drinking and eating appetizers and riding the bull - which is also new. Many of the dining tables have been removed to both make room for the bull and others were replaced with bar type tables. The music was blasting and we had to wear our coats. They had the heat turned down. I will not go back. Overall it was not a good experience.
- Best Mexican food in the areaChicagoFoodiesVIPDined on 11/24/2012Everything was very good, from the guacamole to the margaritas to the main dishes. Best Mexican restaurant in the area. Not crazy busy at lunch, which was nice.Special Features:
- Better-than-expected foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/9/2012Better-than-expected food for a restaurant that features a mechanical bull
- The food at Dos Diablos isOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/31/2012The food at Dos Diablos is always delicious. It wasn't crowded as it has been in past visits which was great. Once we were able to grab the waitress, our food came fast and hot.Special Features:
- Way too noisy - TV was turnedPamBDined on 10/27/2012Way too noisy - TV was turned up to drown out all conversation. We quickly left.
- Better food at ChipolteOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 10/5/2012I judge my mexican fare with the following idiom: my expectations drop the higher the food is priced. And this place is pretty expensive for mexican fare. There are tons better places with tastier mexican food, mostly located in other parts of the city. I went for lunch so I cant judge the drinks but the food is definitely not the star of this party.Special Features:
- Second visit to Dos Diablos,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/16/2012Second visit to Dos Diablos, our first on a Sunday night at 7pm. OpenTable only showed availability at 6:45 and 7, but when we showed, there were like 3 other tables that were occupied in the entire dining area?? What's going on OpenTable. Fajitas were really good but we got served the wrong rice side and the mojito had like ten times the amount of mint than anything else and was all mint flavor, the fair rating goes to the bartender for the mojito.Special Features:
- Great food, changed our res.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/14/2012Great food, changed our res. from 8 to 16 last minute and they were very accomidating. Watching the ladies on the bull was greatSpecial Features:
- The pace was a little slowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/11/2012The pace was a little slow for lunch. After food is brought out having the check following up would be great so we can box up leftovers and get back to work a little more promptly. Overall great food, love the verde salsa!
- Have always enjoyed the foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/5/2012Have always enjoyed the food and drink at Dos Diablos.Special Features:
- We had a reservation at 8:15-8:30.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/17/2012We had a reservation at 8:15-8:30. When we checked on our table at 8:45, they had given away our table. We didn't sit until 9:30. I know mistakes happen, but they could have given us a complimentary guacamole or something. The atmosphere was good but the food was 2-stars at best. Would not recommend this restaurant.
- Slow service except when itOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012Slow service except when it comes time to bring the check.
- great authentic cuisine. soOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/27/2012great authentic cuisine. so far everything that ive tried i love!Special Features:
- Great food, served hot. HouseOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Great food, served hot. House salsa was very tasty and different (served warm). Servers should be more knowledgeable about the food and preparation, although eager to inquire on our behalf. All in all, a good place for Mexican, and I would love to see some Mole dishes to compliment the current menu.Special Features:
- The food was pretty decent,moneybagsVIPDined on 7/14/2012The food was pretty decent, but it was WAY overpriced for a Chicago Mexican restaurant. Virtually twice as much as you would expect for practically everything. For that reason alone, I'll probably find another Mexican joint in the area. An entree of tacos and a side of guacamole was over $30 out the door and that was on the LUNCH menu.
- Great spot for Mexican fare.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/12/2012Great spot for Mexican fare. They get you in and out in a decent amount of time during the lunch hour.Special Features:
- Great food and atmosphere!FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/9/2012Great food and atmosphere!Food came out fast and service was friendly and prompt.Special Features:
- Just a down right fun placeGoldy694VIPDined on 6/2/2012Just a down right fun place to go for some Mexican food and margaritas. Loved the salsa - had a nice kick to it. Started with the guacamole - very good - portion a little on small side. Then shared chicken taco which were good. Had a few margaritas - some traditional and some frozen or fruity. Ended with the chocolate tamale desert which was very good. Table was next to the mechanical bull ring which made it even more fun. Definitely a place to check out and/or start the evening.
- Great place, for couple orOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2012Great place, for couple or groups. Excellent food.Special Features:
- the food was delicious. IOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/25/2012the food was delicious. I will be returning! I rarely say that. the mechanical bull was different and fun!Special Features:
- Our waitress wasn't very niceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/13/2012Our waitress wasn't very nice and the food wasn't warm enough. The drinks were pretty good especially the pineapple jalapeno margarita.
- The food is not good at all.L263VIPDined on 5/13/2012The food is not good at all. The staff is really nice and you can ride a bull. It's worth going for the bull and some drinks.
- Good food but REALLY loud.uidancerDined on 5/12/2012Good food but REALLY loud. Would recommend for a fun night out but not a date night.
- Went for an early dinner onDougDined on 5/11/2012Went for an early dinner on a Friday night. Not very crowded but the noise level was almost unbearable. Guess if you wanted to scream your conversations it's OK. Having more than 2 at a table would be impossible to hear anyone else. Food was fine and service was good. Wine selection did not exist-house that was it.
- Very good Mexican in River NorthtkbindplsVIPDined on 5/4/2012Food very good. Upbeat atmosphere. However, portions way too large.Special Features:
- Very good Mexican Food. BarOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Very good Mexican Food. Bar and restaurant together. Mechanical bull riding provided fun entertainment for us to watch. Don't miss the chocolate tamale dessert! It was a fun and tasty place to start our date night!Special Features:
- The food was great! What makesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/14/2012The food was great! What makes this restaurant really cool and different is the mechanical bull.Special Features:
- Was a bit noisy on a FridayOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/30/2012Was a bit noisy on a Friday night. Service was a bit slow but they were crowded. Food was good. Not fantastic. Also soda was RC products which is a bit odd.Special Features:
- Turn down the music please!GastroPubLVrVIPDined on 3/24/2012Excellent mahi mahi tacos and great tamale appetizers!
- I went a little early forCharleyDined on 3/20/2012I went a little early for dinner time. The food was fine... The bull was better. If you're looking for something spectacular that's not mexican try "Rock It" for a burger across the street.
- I think the food was really,NorgeVIPDined on 3/14/2012I think the food was really, really good. I was craving something spicy and they came through perfectly - and there was so much it also provided lunch for the next day. Margaritas were a bit small - but that might have been a good thing since it was lunch. :]
- The food was very good asEnjoyFoodDined on 3/10/2012The food was very good as expected. This was the 2nd time in the past year at this restaurant. We were visting Chicago with our daughters and because of the great experience at the restaurant in November 2011, we decided to visit again. I was a little disappointed in the change in atmosphere from my last visit. I don't like the change to more of a roudy bar than a quite classy restaurant. We thought we were at the wrong place when we saw the bull in the window. But food is very good, and the salsa is amazing. Great vegetable fahitas, guacamole, tacos, and rice to name a few.
- Excellent service, food isOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/22/2012Excellent service, food is delicious, and drinks rock!Special Features:
- The food was good but it feltOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/16/2012The food was good but it felt more like a bar than a restaurant. I would go back if I'm in the area, but wouldn't make a special trip.
- Dos Diablos is always a winner!LunaVIPDined on 2/11/2012Dos Diablos is always a winner! The food is great, the drinks are wonderful, the atmosphere is fun. Never a bad meal - the fajitas ( we had steak and prime rib) were awesome.. When were in town we like to stop by if not for dinner or lunch then a drink. Highly recommended........Special Features:
- FantasticcondonancyVIPDined on 2/4/2012Had lunch there and it was fantastic!! Like the new addition of the bull ! Only would have like more tortillas come with the faitas-a bunch of food!! The tortillas (so soft) and salsa are to die for!! All 4 of us enjoyed our meals :)Special Features:
- GREAT EXPERIENCE!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/17/2011Dos Diablos was fabulous! There were 8 of us (four 25-year olds, two 9-year olds, and the 2 of us parents) and there were plenty of options for everyone. The salsa is served warm and it's outstanding. Carnitas were also wonderful! We also enjoyed margaritas and fresh guacamole. A few of us were interested in watching the last half of an NFL game and they just happened to be viewing it on one of the many flat-panel tv's in the restaurant. The lighting is dimmed very nicely, also, for more of an upscale feeling. We will definitely return to this restaurant. I used to be a Frontera Grill lover, but Dos Diablos just topped my list.Special Features: