Dos Caminos - Third Avenue
825 Third Avenue at 50th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Dos Caminos - Third Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doscaminos.com/
- Phone: 2123365400x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We handle all catering events through our special events department. For more info call 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Events: Located in the heart of Midtown and spread over two floors with three bars, Dos Caminos Third Avenue is a vibrant and buzzing atmosphere for a party. Full and partial restaurant buyouts are available, and three private dining rooms are available. Accommodates 15-400 guests.
To book large parties or private events contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Dos Caminos - Third Avenue
Dos Caminos brings the vibrant spirit of Mexico City to New York City. Serving authentic and upscale Mexican cuisine, including fresh guac, killer margaritas, and South of the Border staples like Asada Tacos and Mexico City-Style quesadillas. The tequila and margarita menu is one of the most robust of its kind. “Dos” has single-handedly redefined Mexican for Americans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos - Third Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
257 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (145)great for outdoor dining (101)great for lunch (66)hot spot (65)vibrant bar scene (54)neighborhood gem (47)fit for foodies (44)special occasion (43)great for brunch (32)late-night find (26)romantic (22)kid-friendly (19)scenic view (3)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Thumbs UpOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Food was great. Beautiful night to sit outside. Server was very helpful in providing suggestions on what to order as I have food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is goodFabFoodieDined on 9/26/2014It seems like most people want to sit outside. I wasn't in the mood since I recently just hurt my leg. The steps down to the bathroom were daunting for me, they did tell me there was an elevator if I went outside and around. Seemed like too much work. I thought for a mexican place the margaritas were just ok. I wasn't impressed. We got the guac, which was good. I had the shrimp quesadilla, which was awesome. My friend had the veggie taco ,also good. I feel the the inside needs a redo. I like the vibe at the soho location.Special Features:
- Holy guacamole !RheaDined on 9/25/2014Not your run of the mill Mexican restaurant . This location is not as hectic Houston's ..very friendly ,accommodating staff. Our server, Chas,was great..kept our food and drinks flowing.....the food is just plain delicious..one of our favorites are the guacamole selections...the tortillas( just like mama use to make..we asked for more!)....everything is well prepared and savory. Can't wait to go back..an awesome stop over if you're in the Radio City vicinity ...a nice easy breezy walk over( burn some calories along the way)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concierge OpinionNoquisiVIPDined on 9/22/2014I had a great lunch, the cob salad, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It also came with yellow rice and black beans. That was an unexpected pleasure. For $15 that was great. The staff is polite and friendly. The restaurant is quite large, which is absolutely great for after work gatherings.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodExperimenterVIPDined on 9/14/2014We come here for many special occasions and the food is always great! Service is attentive, but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Nice placeRudy2411Dined on 9/13/2014This is my second visit to the chain, having been to the Park outlet before. Satisfied again. Good ambience, decent food and nice drinks. Service was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Been here several times - and think it's very overrated. The food is very overpriced for what it is but the service is always friendly.Special Features:
- Everything except our serverEatzDined on 9/8/2014Have been there many times before and always satisfied. This time the waiter rained on the parade and could not even own up to it. The management did not support either client or server which enhanced the poor service on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent upscale MexicanWoad2014VIPDined on 9/7/2014Dos Caminos is an attractive, comfortable restaurant with well-spaced seating that's good for conversation. We ate inside early on a Sunday evening when everyone was outside on the large streetside patio--full when we left--so it was probably quieter than usual; may be noisier when the weather chills out. Service friendly and attentive; the waiter made helpful recommendations. Fresh, delicious salads; terrific plantain empanadas; flavorful spicy barbequed goat; decent soft beef tacos. Dishes are well-spiced, but you can probably ask for milder. Only two complaints: didn't see hard tacos, which we prefer, and food arrived lukewarm; hot would be more enjoyable. Bottom line: great to have a civilized Mexican restaurant in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Dos Caminos not so buenoNewYorker1VIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been to Dos Caminos many, many times and it is usually good. It is never a ground breaking restaurant but is usually consistent, however, last Saturday evening, my husband and I went there and were very disappointed. My frozen Margherita was not very good, the guacamole was fair, at best and my salad was tasteless. Nothing seemed very fresh to me, especially the grilled chicken in my salad. I do not think I will going back anytime soon, if their quality is going down, which seems to be the case.
- Manager saved the dayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/2/2014Went for dinner with 2 old friends. Bartender, Carolina, was fabulous. Food was excellent. Server was extremely poor but Erin McBride, new manager, made up for it in a variety of ways. I will return because I have confidence that she will ensure a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- great waiterNivia13049Dined on 8/30/2014Robert was our waiter and he was awesome! he is the nicest person and was very helpful! It was a great vibe and has great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good mealfreshy81Dined on 8/22/2014I've been here before and knew what to expect. The guacamole is pricey but otherwise I have no complaints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014There should be priority for reservations on outside patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's ChangedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014I'm not talking about the ambience - that's still wonderful. The food on the other hand - tastes very commercialized. It's no longer "home cooked" tasting. Feels like everything gets the same grill flavor sprinkle on it and the amount of salt on the dishes is outlandish. I'm coming back after 6 months to this place - and usually frequent this one location. After this past dining experience, I will not be returning - it's just my palate and NOT the restaurant anymore.Special Features:
- D for disappointedCherryVIPDined on 8/15/2014The children's menu is a joke. I had to take my kids to McDonalds afterwards for a meal. The adult food wasn't much better, bland, tasteless and boring. Would definitely not go here again. Ware of my money!!
- DisappointingNickVIPDined on 8/14/2014Unfortunately, our experience was not very enjoyable at this time around. Service was shockingly slow. We had finished our appetizers before being served the first set of drinks. Furthermore, the quality of service was very very poor. Lastly one of our party's members was extremely ill all night after having the steak entree. This was unfortunate because I have been to this location in the past and it was slightly better on food and service.
- Great Service at Weekend BrunchAlly4Dined on 8/10/2014I have to disagree with the other reviews claiming poor service. We were seated right away for our reservation and were given a table outside. Our waiter came over right away to take our drinks order. He came back quickly for the rest of our order and was attentive throughout the meal. He accommodated all of the changes we wanted to make to the dishes as well. The brunch is a good deal as you get a drink like a mimosa or margarita or juice and coffee or tea. I didn't love the rancheros but there were plenty of other items on the menu that looked good. My friends really liked the breakfast quesadillas. The guacamole was really good. I would definitely go back to this location.Special Features:
- MarcoVIPDined on 8/8/2014Very good service and food. Have to have the guac! Would have been a better experience if they had been more accomidating for an outdoor table.Special Features:
- Delicious Foodjewelsie316Dined on 8/5/2014I went here with a party of 5 for Restaurant Week. The menu for restaurant week was not very exciting so we ordered directly from the menu and was not disappointed. The ribeye alambre was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good!Gvit2mestrtDined on 8/4/2014The food was horrible! And pricey..this was was my second time to visit this location and both were less than desirable.Special Features:
- food, service on the declineGraal9KVIPDined on 8/3/2014The last 2 times we ate there were nothing special. Food mediocre at best though the chips and salsas were delicious. Recently one person ordered a pineapple juice, which was served in a highball glass half full (about 3 shots worth). I complained to the server, who replied that that's how it's served in the restaurant. When I repeated that it was a meager portion for a glass of juice, she again said that's how the restaurant serves it and walked off. This was after another disinterested server spilled juice from an octopus dish on my father. Not going back.
- toothpicksDined on 8/3/2014Both service and food quality met my expectations. The Snapper was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great BrunchJustinVIPDined on 8/3/2014The brunch offerings are great. The steak and eggs are phenomenal. Great meal overall.Special Features:
- TlpetersDined on 8/2/2014Server took our chips and not done eating. Wasn't right at all. Food was very good. Went back the next night also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014To keep it short and sweet this restaurant is way overrated. Food is average, being their best dish the guacamole and the service is really poor. The waiter was rude and almost ordering us, not suggesting to have certain dishes. I was looking for good Mexican food and definitively this is not the place
- Definite recommendationhnocheraDined on 8/1/2014Really enjoyed Dos Caminos! I had heard about it and decided to book it for a friends birthday. Margaritas were great (get the calle fresca) as well as the guacamole. I got the barbecued goat which was amazing. The music was also on point the whole night. Great place, I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014I went for lunch with my brother and enjoyed the guacamole very much!Special Features:
- Food Good, Service not so goodGoodEats2Dined on 7/31/2014This is my 3rd visit to Dos Caminos 3rd Ave. Each time I have gone the food has been good but the service is just bad. I sat at the bar during Happy Hour and was basically ignored by the bartender. Even felt like they were bothered that I was there. I know your busy but in 2 hours you could not get me a glass of water??? And I have to literally stalk you to order food and drink??? I though that it was just an off night the first time this happened. But after the third its enough for me to say I will not be returning. Food is decent but there are pleanty of other places with the same cuisine but with better service.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Terrible service. Waited over 30 minutes for someone to even come over and take our order. Unattentive staff- waitress rolling eyes.
- way too long get foodwaytoolongDined on 7/31/2014Took close to 90 minutes to get our food, one of the people that came with us had to leave before the food arrived, we also had to move table to accommodate a larger party, this experience will make me reconsider going to DC again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/31/2014incredibly slow and disorganized today during lunchSpecial Features:
- NightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/30/2014Please know the food here is average or below average and the portions are much too small. The overpriced guacamole was supposed to be for 6 people - that's if each person takes one teaspoon. It took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get our lunch and some of it was overcooked and inedible. So disappointing.
- still worthwhilercinnycVIPDined on 7/29/2014Really good Mexican food...great margaritas..cross generational appeal...not an easy accomplishment...but DC..still has the right formula!Special Features:
- Toooooo spicy!!!!KB2014Dined on 7/28/2014Food would be better if we could taste something other than chili!
- Delicious, as alwaystravellingcariVIPDined on 7/28/2014Guacamole and margaritas, need I say more? Tried the pork tacos for the first time and was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Lunch ServicelilyfoodloverDined on 7/28/2014Everyone knows the food at Dos Caminos is stellar. I don't know where they found their people during their lunch hours, but they should work hard to never let them go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Fish TacosJimboDined on 7/28/2014Good guac but stone cold fish tacos. Service was competent but indifferent.
- First impressionVasa1Dined on 7/26/2014Appetizers were note worthy, my main course of ribeye however was brought to table twice, and twice was incorrectly cooked. Fresh guacamole was really tasty though. At the end manger removed the charge which was a nice and just gesture. My friends weren't impressed with their main dish either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Third time att Dos Caminos but the first time up town. Will not return.