Dos Caminos - Third Avenue
825 Third Avenue at 50th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Dos Caminos - Third Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doscaminos.com/
- Phone: 2123365400x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We handle all catering events through our special events department. For more info call 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
- Special Events: Located in the heart of Midtown and spread over two floors with three bars, Dos Caminos Third Avenue is a vibrant and buzzing atmosphere for a party. Full and partial restaurant buyouts are available, and three private dining rooms are available. Accommodates 15-400 guests.
To book large parties or private events contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Dos Caminos - Third Avenue
Dos Caminos brings the vibrant spirit of Mexico City to New York City. Serving authentic and upscale Mexican cuisine, including fresh guac, killer margaritas, and South of the Border staples like Asada Tacos and Mexico City-Style quesadillas. The tequila and margarita menu is one of the most robust of its kind. “Dos” has single-handedly redefined Mexican for Americans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos - Third Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (160)great for outdoor dining (122)great for lunch (83)hot spot (81)vibrant bar scene (66)neighborhood gem (63)special occasion (51)fit for foodies (48)great for brunch (45)late-night find (34)romantic (29)kid-friendly (24)scenic view (4)notable wine list (4)Show More
- Amazing food, great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/18/2014There should be priority for reservations on outside patioSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's ChangedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/15/2014I'm not talking about the ambience - that's still wonderful. The food on the other hand - tastes very commercialized. It's no longer "home cooked" tasting. Feels like everything gets the same grill flavor sprinkle on it and the amount of salt on the dishes is outlandish. I'm coming back after 6 months to this place - and usually frequent this one location. After this past dining experience, I will not be returning - it's just my palate and NOT the restaurant anymore.Special Features:
- D for disappointedCherryDined on 8/15/2014The children's menu is a joke. I had to take my kids to McDonalds afterwards for a meal. The adult food wasn't much better, bland, tasteless and boring. Would definitely not go here again. Ware of my money!!
- DisappointingNickVIPDined on 8/14/2014Unfortunately, our experience was not very enjoyable at this time around. Service was shockingly slow. We had finished our appetizers before being served the first set of drinks. Furthermore, the quality of service was very very poor. Lastly one of our party's members was extremely ill all night after having the steak entree. This was unfortunate because I have been to this location in the past and it was slightly better on food and service.
- Great Service at Weekend BrunchAlly4Dined on 8/10/2014I have to disagree with the other reviews claiming poor service. We were seated right away for our reservation and were given a table outside. Our waiter came over right away to take our drinks order. He came back quickly for the rest of our order and was attentive throughout the meal. He accommodated all of the changes we wanted to make to the dishes as well. The brunch is a good deal as you get a drink like a mimosa or margarita or juice and coffee or tea. I didn't love the rancheros but there were plenty of other items on the menu that looked good. My friends really liked the breakfast quesadillas. The guacamole was really good. I would definitely go back to this location.Special Features:
- MarcoVIPDined on 8/8/2014Very good service and food. Have to have the guac! Would have been a better experience if they had been more accomidating for an outdoor table.Special Features:
- Delicious Foodjewelsie316Dined on 8/5/2014I went here with a party of 5 for Restaurant Week. The menu for restaurant week was not very exciting so we ordered directly from the menu and was not disappointed. The ribeye alambre was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not good!Gvit2mestrtDined on 8/4/2014The food was horrible! And pricey..this was was my second time to visit this location and both were less than desirable.Special Features:
- food, service on the declineGraal9KVIPDined on 8/3/2014The last 2 times we ate there were nothing special. Food mediocre at best though the chips and salsas were delicious. Recently one person ordered a pineapple juice, which was served in a highball glass half full (about 3 shots worth). I complained to the server, who replied that that's how it's served in the restaurant. When I repeated that it was a meager portion for a glass of juice, she again said that's how the restaurant serves it and walked off. This was after another disinterested server spilled juice from an octopus dish on my father. Not going back.
- toothpicksDined on 8/3/2014Both service and food quality met my expectations. The Snapper was deliciousSpecial Features:
- Great BrunchJustinDined on 8/3/2014The brunch offerings are great. The steak and eggs are phenomenal. Great meal overall.Special Features:
- TlpetersDined on 8/2/2014Server took our chips and not done eating. Wasn't right at all. Food was very good. Went back the next night also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OverratedFoodieVIPDined on 8/2/2014To keep it short and sweet this restaurant is way overrated. Food is average, being their best dish the guacamole and the service is really poor. The waiter was rude and almost ordering us, not suggesting to have certain dishes. I was looking for good Mexican food and definitively this is not the place
- Definite recommendationhnocheraDined on 8/1/2014Really enjoyed Dos Caminos! I had heard about it and decided to book it for a friends birthday. Margaritas were great (get the calle fresca) as well as the guacamole. I got the barbecued goat which was amazing. The music was also on point the whole night. Great place, I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/1/2014I went for lunch with my brother and enjoyed the guacamole very much!Special Features:
- Food Good, Service not so goodGoodEats2Dined on 7/31/2014This is my 3rd visit to Dos Caminos 3rd Ave. Each time I have gone the food has been good but the service is just bad. I sat at the bar during Happy Hour and was basically ignored by the bartender. Even felt like they were bothered that I was there. I know your busy but in 2 hours you could not get me a glass of water??? And I have to literally stalk you to order food and drink??? I though that it was just an off night the first time this happened. But after the third its enough for me to say I will not be returning. Food is decent but there are pleanty of other places with the same cuisine but with better service.
- HorribleOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/31/2014Terrible service. Waited over 30 minutes for someone to even come over and take our order. Unattentive staff- waitress rolling eyes.
- way too long get foodwaytoolongDined on 7/31/2014Took close to 90 minutes to get our food, one of the people that came with us had to leave before the food arrived, we also had to move table to accommodate a larger party, this experience will make me reconsider going to DC again.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/31/2014incredibly slow and disorganized today during lunchSpecial Features:
- NightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 7/30/2014Please know the food here is average or below average and the portions are much too small. The overpriced guacamole was supposed to be for 6 people - that's if each person takes one teaspoon. It took 1 hour and 15 minutes to get our lunch and some of it was overcooked and inedible. So disappointing.
- still worthwhilercinnycVIPDined on 7/29/2014Really good Mexican food...great margaritas..cross generational appeal...not an easy accomplishment...but DC..still has the right formula!Special Features:
- Toooooo spicy!!!!KB2014Dined on 7/28/2014Food would be better if we could taste something other than chili!
- Delicious, as alwaystravellingcariVIPDined on 7/28/2014Guacamole and margaritas, need I say more? Tried the pork tacos for the first time and was not disappointed.Special Features:
- Great Lunch ServicelilyfoodloverDined on 7/28/2014Everyone knows the food at Dos Caminos is stellar. I don't know where they found their people during their lunch hours, but they should work hard to never let them go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cold Fish TacosJimboDined on 7/28/2014Good guac but stone cold fish tacos. Service was competent but indifferent.
- First impressionVasa1Dined on 7/26/2014Appetizers were note worthy, my main course of ribeye however was brought to table twice, and twice was incorrectly cooked. Fresh guacamole was really tasty though. At the end manger removed the charge which was a nice and just gesture. My friends weren't impressed with their main dish either.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not that nice.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014Third time att Dos Caminos but the first time up town. Will not return.
- janegoldVIPDined on 7/25/2014food and margaritas were excellent, and the waiter gave us plenty of time to relax and enjoy . especially appreciated the hostess responding positively to our request for a table where we could hear ourselves talk... our corner banquette was perfect! OLE!I would recommend this to a friend.
- momentsDined on 7/24/2014I will definitely be back . Bueno lol I had a beautiful time for my bday dinner !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Lunch SpotJessDined on 7/23/2014Really enjoyed having lunch at Dos Caminos! Great food and awesome energy which made for an enjoyable midday break!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic MexicanChickieODined on 7/22/2014My husband and I ate here with our 20-something nephew and had a great experience overall. The food is very authentic and not your run of the mill chain-store like fare. Guacamole was fantastic. Great for a group or party of two. Very happening place. Our waiter was particularly good and gave us some great suggestions. Will definitely be coming back and recommending this spot to others!Special Features:
- Great ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2014Unfortunately I didn't get our server's name, but he was SO attentive. Saw us looking at a subway map, and offered assistance. Was attentive without being intrusive and was very knowledgeable about the menu.Special Features:
- Good guacamole and sangriaalp1VIPDined on 7/19/2014My husband liked his briskit entree but my pescado tacos arrived lukewarm. It took so long to get the food I are it anyway. Guacamole and sangria were good and we would go back although with low expectations for the actual meals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedNYnativeDined on 7/19/2014I thought this location might be less of a twenty-something party scene than the downtown site, but on a summer Saturday evening, it was all large groups of young adults in celebratory mood. I will say that the staff was polite and professional, we were seated immediately once our party had all arrived and our server was friendly and efficient. The downstairs dining room is less raucous than the upstairs bar with its thundering music. But, bottom line, the margaritas were dilute, the guacamole tasteless, and the tacos flaccid and bland. All in all, a TGI Friday's caliber meal. With all the really good Mexican food in this city, I would recommend this location for a quick after-work drink, at most, then move on somewhere else for dinner.Special Features:
- Change is not always goodDishesVIPDined on 7/19/2014I loved this resturant but when I was there on Saturday I found out they changed the menus . I was not happy. I rallied and knew from past trips that the food was amazing. So I picked a special. It was very spicy and I winded up sending it back and chose my favorite veggie tacos. Well that changed too, in the past the veggie tacos were amazing. With marinated eggplant, mushrooms and I think onions and zucchini . Now they had avocado and some sort of chopped veggies on top. I was disappointed. My husband and son got the brisket and liked it but felt was giving them indigestion as they were eating it. I know sometimes resturants eliminate dishes to save money but it seems the quality changed as well Disappointing :(.Special Features:
- DrinksCraigDined on 7/18/2014The first type of tequila I ordered they ran out of. I ordered another type and they ran out of it as well. It took 15 minutes to find out whiley wife was enjoying her drink. I found it odd since both types of tequilas are standard on the drink list. Food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KenVanKidDined on 7/18/2014Good food and inventive margaritas. Don't forget to order sides as well tasty guacamole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chat and Chew4platesVIPDined on 7/16/2014Great fro a chat and chew in Midtown for a friendly or working lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AbbyDined on 7/16/2014I kept hearing about Dos Caminos and it lived up to my expectations. I didn't know the restaurant was as big as it was. Loved the decor!! Food was great tasting. I want to try it out at night and have a cocktail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent serviceQshapeDined on 7/15/2014My husband chose Dos Caminos Third Ave (one of our favorite go-to's) for a recent meal w/ a group of out of town guests (that included 3 children). I was surprised that on a Tues. night at 7pm the bar scene was spilling out in to the main restaurant & that there was a DJ stationed downstairs (we were seated at the table closest to him). While this made it difficult to carry on a conversation at a normal speaking level the food, & especially the service, made up for the loud room. Great guac as always, solid Mahi tacos, and apps. I appreciated the fact that a kids' menu was available and that it included accessible Mexican choices (rather than just chicken fingers). Our server was excellent with our guests who were not used to dining in NYC.Special Features: