Dos Caminos - Third Avenue
825 Third Avenue at 50th Street
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Dos Caminos - Third Avenue
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doscaminos.com/
- Phone: (212) 336-5400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Tuesday: 11:30am - 10:30pm
Wednesday: 11:30am - 11:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:30am - 11:30pm
Saturday: 11:30am - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We handle all catering events through our special events department. For more info call 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Special Events: Located in the heart of Midtown and spread over two floors with three bars, Dos Caminos Third Avenue is a vibrant and buzzing atmosphere for a party. Full and partial restaurant buyouts are available, and three private dining rooms are available. Accommodates 15-400 guests.
To book large parties or private events contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Dos Caminos - Third Avenue
Dos Caminos brings the vibrant spirit of Mexico City to New York City. Serving authentic and upscale Mexican cuisine, including fresh guac, killer margaritas, and South of the Border staples like Asada Tacos and Mexico City-Style quesadillas. The tequila and margarita menu is one of the most robust of its kind. “Dos” has single-handedly redefined Mexican for Americans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos - Third Avenue reviews from OpenTable diners
215 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (133)great for outdoor dining (76)hot spot (58)neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (45)vibrant bar scene (44)great for lunch (43)special occasion (36)kid-friendly (23)late-night find (23)great for brunch (21)romantic (16)scenic view (3)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Good food, fun night, until bad service at the endCarolineVIPDined on 11/22/2014We had a group of 7, our entire meal was lovely - food was delicious, drinks were great, and we were all having a great time. But right after our plates were cleared, the manager (?) came up and told us he needed the table. I understand if we had been sitting there for multiple hours (we hadn't), but the plates were literally just cleared, and we hadn't even paid yet. We had made a reservation for our table before coming, so I think they should be expecting a group like ours to be at the table for a little while. And if you're going to tell us you need the table, maybe give us a heads up so we can at least get our bill settled first before kicking us out. Not a great way to end an otherwise fun evening. Not sure if I'll be back here anytime soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tacos and GuacNYerDined on 11/17/2014The Surf and Turf tacos were delicious! And it's some of the best guac in the city...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst TACO's we had. Bad price/quality ratioAlicoooooDined on 11/14/20146 frieds had a dinner in Dos Caminos... 5 of us ordered different Tacos... My wife did not finish the her tacos... And no one liked his/her food. The quality of tacos can even not be a fast food... We heart Dos casinos from a friend but he went there 3 years ago, so, some things has been changed I guess in 3 years...
- excellentericapDined on 11/13/2014This restaurant is the best Mexican restaurant. The food is excellent the music was lively and will have you singing while you eat. The service was great and their margaritas are to die for. I celebrated my birthday here and it was fabulous. I highly recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneycescaciaDined on 11/13/2014The alcohol was well-priced, but the food was entirely disappointing. The portions were small and the tortillas used for the quesadillas were dry and flavorless. The worst part of all of this was that the food was over-priced and service was just mediocre. It seems like a fun happy hour spot, where you're paying less for bad food.Special Features:
- Super kid-friendlykidsintowDined on 11/9/2014From the moment we walked in, we know that this was going to be a great place to take the kids. Everybody was extremely nice and more than accommodating to them (5 and 2). Both kids received a toy and a kids menu with great options. The food was fantastic, the service was outstanding, and the ambiance was great. We will definitely eat here again when we're back in NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningseacubedDined on 11/9/2014I took some family here after a day of exploring NYC and it was the perfect place to settle down, relax, and enjoy delicious food. The menu is a bit pricey and the restaurant was VERY dark, but that is nothing compared to the DELICIOUS food, yummy cocktails and friendly staff. Best meal of their trip.Special Features:
- interesting new configurationtravellingcariVIPDined on 11/5/2014and I like the new menu with added taco and ceviches. As always, great food. Reservation system had some issues that night leading to a long wait, but food made up for it.Special Features:
- Easy access/Questionable Servicefood4lifeDined on 11/5/2014My friends and I are foodies, so we love a place that has a great starter menu along with an variety of sides to choose. All was well with the food and drinks, however the server completely insulted my friend and I (a party of two) by writing on the check - "Gratuity is NOT INCLUDED!" What!?!? Duh, we knew that! To top it off, he circled what he thought was an appropriate tip range. Did he assume that we were not going to tip him because we were women or black and Asian? Not sure. I would say don't assume, and judge a book by its cover. I traditionally type a minimum of 20% for decent service, if you do a great job I will go up to 30-50% of my bill. As I mentioned I'm a foodie, your service can make the experience all the better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome atmosphereGatorDiningVIPDined on 10/31/2014Went to dinner with my boyfriend on Halloween. The restaurant has a lively, decorative atmosphere that would likely be great for groups. The chips and salsa were great and the portion was large! However, the food portions were relatively small for the price. I was not blown away by the roast pork and I was still hungry afterwards. Also, DO NOT GET THE SIDE OF MUSHROOMS! They were not your typical portobello, button, or white but rather some gross, nasty chewy looking thing. Service was prompt and attentive. Overall, the chips and salsa was the best part. GO GATORS!Special Features:
- nothing specialFoodieVIPDined on 10/25/2014i was a bit disappointed in the limited menu selections. While everything was very tasty, i was looking for more authentic Mexican style food.The offerings were very limited. There were 4 of us & we each ordered a full entree.With our entrees they gave 1 very small bowl of rice & beans to share.Enough for each person to have 1 spoonful.Most Mexican restaurants I've been to usually include refried beans & rice with each entree. In general the prices were higher than most quality Mexican restaurants. Both the Sangria and Guacamole were very good but overly expensive. The service was outstanding as the waiters were very attentive and responsive. Summary-good (not great) food in a nice casual environment.I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodEllieIsSleDined on 10/25/2014Great guacamole! Queso charizo was ok. Margaritas were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good meal2ChainzVIPDined on 10/24/2014Been here a number of times with different types of groups. Went with a friend with a baby this time and found it kid friendly. They have highchairs and plenty of space so the baby doesn't bother others.Special Features:
- Go for the guacRex99Dined on 10/23/2014The guacamole is why we went back. Really good and lots of warm chips to scoop it up. Delicious, but hardly a bargain. Other dishes were just OK, with the exception of tacos asada. Didn't come as described on menu (no carmelized onions, no guac), and so hot the dish was not edible - even for those in our group who love their food super spicy. Should have some with a warning.Special Features:
- Fun Night OutCarolynDined on 10/21/2014Met some girlfriends for girls night out and wanted a restaurant near Grand Central. It was a very fun environment and the chips and guacamole were excellent. Sangria was just OK - I've had better. Service was excellent. Fish tacos had amazing flavor but were served cold. Regardless, I still loved it and would highly recommend it.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Service was great. The food was fantastic! Incredible tequila list. I recommend the guacamoleSpecial Features:
- Fun and LivelylehungryotterDined on 10/18/2014My friend was visiting from out of town and we had a party to go to after dinner, so I found Dos Caminos. It was perfect for a group and lots of fun. It was packed, with lots of energy. The drinks were good and strong and the food was really good! Will definitely go there again with a group on a Saturday night.Special Features:
- Great Friday dinner placeCitygirl523Dined on 10/17/2014Loved the vegetable tacos and the guacamole is always superb. We had a great time when the DJ started playing music and the restaurant started filling up- the energy is high and fun there. Would recommend as a fun Friday night spot to let go of tensions from the work week!I would recommend this to a friend.
- First and won't be last time!ExLocalDined on 10/16/2014We ate an early dinner at 5:00, having a 7:00 theatre event. At that time restaurant was empty, but by the time we left, very full with locals. Started with traditional guacamole - excellent! We each had a house margarita - pretty good, a little tart. My wife had the cochinitas - excellent and I had the chicken enchiladas (each with a different sauce topping) - excellent. Service was very good, waiter and staff very attentive, but not too much. When in NY again, will for sure eat here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodcyclewattsDined on 10/15/2014i am a Californian Mexican food snob and this place has never let me down. The food and service is outstanding!Special Features:
- great mexican!MgreenVIPDined on 10/12/2014I highly recommend this establishment to all. In addition to fabulous food- their specialty drinks are amazing. Just a warning- in their spicy cocktail theres a red hot chili pepper!Special Features:
- Nice meal, too loud on DJ nightsJbvanVIPDined on 10/11/2014Had a pleasant meal, but we had to eat outside because the DJ Night music was too loud and pulsing to have a conversation. Nice server and great cheese/tomato/tomatillo app.Special Features:
- The best MexicanFrankCDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I eat here several times a month. Food is terrific and the staff is attentive.Special Features:
- Don´t eat hereRexelDined on 10/11/2014Ordered a bottle of wine, after 10 minutes the staff coulden´t find the wine so we took Another wine. The starter arrived and still no wine! The staff coulden´t find that wine eaither so ordered some beer instead. We dide´t get the beer Before arrival of our entres, the staff excuised several times and we did´nt have to pay for the beers. One thing i can´t accept is that they didn´t hold the starter Before we get our beers. Don´t visit this resturant, can´t belive that this resturant was fulld booked.Special Features:
- great mexicantapasdelightDined on 10/10/2014This is perfect for.your Mexican food craving. Wonderful food friendly staff and so much funSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened?EatsOutAlot1VIPDined on 10/8/2014Have been here many times.. we showed up at 10pm was still busy.. ordered lots of food: Guac, 2 salads, 2 salmon entrees ( for 2 peeps fist off chips were stale, had to ask for fresh chips when they brought it without the Guacamole starter we waited, then they delivered our heirloom salads-- still no guacamole starter.. tomatoes were not ripe! ugh! sent back! Then the entrees come(still NO guacamole!) Both Salmon entrees cold as ice.came with side of rice and beans-Rice was hard and cold, black beans were COLD too!! waiter came & apologized and said he would bring back both dishes to show the chef who said he would fix it.we waited-still no guacamole! its now 11 pm weeknight! We were tired &hungry-brought out 2 more COLD salmon entrees Ugh!Special Features:
- yummy drinksjrm9010Dined on 10/2/2014went with some friends for our girls night out. Waitress was very friendly and helpful with the drink selection. Would go back again :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thumbs UpnyctasterDined on 9/27/2014Food was great. Beautiful night to sit outside. Server was very helpful in providing suggestions on what to order as I have food allergies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is goodFabFoodieVIPDined on 9/26/2014It seems like most people want to sit outside. I wasn't in the mood since I recently just hurt my leg. The steps down to the bathroom were daunting for me, they did tell me there was an elevator if I went outside and around. Seemed like too much work. I thought for a mexican place the margaritas were just ok. I wasn't impressed. We got the guac, which was good. I had the shrimp quesadilla, which was awesome. My friend had the veggie taco ,also good. I feel the the inside needs a redo. I like the vibe at the soho location.Special Features:
- AMAZINGMikeSrVIPDined on 9/25/2014Do NOT pass up on the guacamole !!! A definite place to stop in every time I am in NY !!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holy guacamole !RheaDined on 9/25/2014Not your run of the mill Mexican restaurant . This location is not as hectic Houston's ..very friendly ,accommodating staff. Our server, Chas,was great..kept our food and drinks flowing.....the food is just plain delicious..one of our favorites are the guacamole selections...the tortillas( just like mama use to make..we asked for more!)....everything is well prepared and savory. Can't wait to go back..an awesome stop over if you're in the Radio City vicinity ...a nice easy breezy walk over( burn some calories along the way)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Concierge OpinionNoquisiVIPDined on 9/22/2014I had a great lunch, the cob salad, I enjoyed it thoroughly. It also came with yellow rice and black beans. That was an unexpected pleasure. For $15 that was great. The staff is polite and friendly. The restaurant is quite large, which is absolutely great for after work gatherings.Special Features:
- Always Great FoodExperimenterVIPDined on 9/14/2014We come here for many special occasions and the food is always great! Service is attentive, but not obtrusive.Special Features:
- Nice placeRudy2411Dined on 9/13/2014This is my second visit to the chain, having been to the Park outlet before. Satisfied again. Good ambience, decent food and nice drinks. Service was friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food just okOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/9/2014Been here several times - and think it's very overrated. The food is very overpriced for what it is but the service is always friendly.Special Features:
- Everything except our serverEatzDined on 9/8/2014Have been there many times before and always satisfied. This time the waiter rained on the parade and could not even own up to it. The management did not support either client or server which enhanced the poor service on this occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent upscale MexicanWoad2014VIPDined on 9/7/2014Dos Caminos is an attractive, comfortable restaurant with well-spaced seating that's good for conversation. We ate inside early on a Sunday evening when everyone was outside on the large streetside patio--full when we left--so it was probably quieter than usual; may be noisier when the weather chills out. Service friendly and attentive; the waiter made helpful recommendations. Fresh, delicious salads; terrific plantain empanadas; flavorful spicy barbequed goat; decent soft beef tacos. Dishes are well-spiced, but you can probably ask for milder. Only two complaints: didn't see hard tacos, which we prefer, and food arrived lukewarm; hot would be more enjoyable. Bottom line: great to have a civilized Mexican restaurant in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- Dos Caminos not so buenoNewYorker1VIPDined on 9/6/2014I have been to Dos Caminos many, many times and it is usually good. It is never a ground breaking restaurant but is usually consistent, however, last Saturday evening, my husband and I went there and were very disappointed. My frozen Margherita was not very good, the guacamole was fair, at best and my salad was tasteless. Nothing seemed very fresh to me, especially the grilled chicken in my salad. I do not think I will going back anytime soon, if their quality is going down, which seems to be the case.
- Manager saved the dayOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/2/2014Went for dinner with 2 old friends. Bartender, Carolina, was fabulous. Food was excellent. Server was extremely poor but Erin McBride, new manager, made up for it in a variety of ways. I will return because I have confidence that she will ensure a terrific dining experience.Special Features:
- great waiterNivia13049Dined on 8/30/2014Robert was our waiter and he was awesome! he is the nicest person and was very helpful! It was a great vibe and has great staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.