Dos Caminos - SoHo
475 West Broadway at Houston Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Dos Caminos - SoHo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.doscaminos.com/
- Phone: (212) 277-4300
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ordering for a large group? Consider our Catering Menu, available for parties of 10 or more. Contact us for a menu and to place a pick up or delivery order.
Full service off site catering can also be accommodated. Contact our Special Events Department at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
- Special Events: In the heart of Soho, Dos Caminos on the corner of West Broadway and Houston provides it all: a great location, open air cafe, killer margaritas and truly great guac! Available for full and partial restaurant shutdowns or group dining. Accommodates 15-120 guests.
To book large parties or private events contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: Houston Street
- Public Transit: A, C & E trains to West 4th Street, N, R & W trains to Prince Street, 6 train to Bleecker Street, F & V trains to Broadway/Lafayette Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Several public lots in the area. Closest one is on Mercer between Houston and Prince. Street parking also available.
A word from Dos Caminos - SoHo
Dos Caminos brings the vibrant spirit of Mexico City to New York City. Serving authentic and upscale Mexican cuisine, including fresh guac, killer margaritas, and South of the Border staples like Asada Tacos and Mexico City-Style quesadillas. The tequila and margarita menu is one of the most robust of its kind. “Dos” has single-handedly redefined Mexican for Americans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos - SoHo reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (62)good for groups (58)hot spot (29)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (24)great for brunch (22)great for lunch (22)vibrant bar scene (18)romantic (16)special occasion (14)kid-friendly (11)late-night find (11)scenic view (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- AmazingclassygirlDined on 11/22/2014My best friend and I were celebrating his birthday. We arrived on time and we're promptly greeted by the friendly hosts then quickly taken to our table. The waiter was very attentive and patient as we reviewed the menu. Our meals can out fast, hot and delicious. We even stayed a little after closing and no one rushed us out. I would definitely come back to this location!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EricSEricSDined on 11/19/2014Good value Mexican food, efficiently delivered by nice young people, great Margaritas! Try the Surf & Turf, you'll not be disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dos Caminos really delivers.rts365Dined on 11/13/2014Chose this restaurant because of the location, but will go back for the food. It was basic mexican taken to the next level. Service was warm and effective. Happy hour deals were a nice benefit. Must try the mac & chorizo (side dish). Maybe the best thing on the menu. Yumm....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My meal was great, but others wasntDanielleP143VIPDined on 11/7/2014My meal was great-I had ceviche and a salad but my friends pork carnitas were SO dry and hard to watch them eat! Chewy etc...and our waitress a bit odd. But still a great meal with great drinks, perhaps just an off night at the restaurant.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dos Caminos ReviewKassDined on 11/7/2014The staff is very nice and accommodating. I was at a small table but requested a booth in my reservation. Once a booth opened up, the host came over to move us, which I thought was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun night spotcitymomDined on 11/7/2014Fun place to meet friends. The chili margarita was delicious! The guacamole and chips went wellbw the drinks. The quesadilla was a very healthy version of the dish, not sure I would order it again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/5/2014I dont mind paying up for good mexican food, but i feel like the portions were on the small side and little thought was put into the food preparation. I have been to other Dos Caminos in the past as well.Special Features:
- Extra Staff Needed & TrainedLornadDined on 11/1/2014Usually love Dos Caminos... The food is always great, no matter the location. This past visit however was dreadful... After being seated and got drinks we waited over an hour for our waiter to come back. We had ordered apps that never arrived. Called over another server to bring them. Then called over who I guess was aanagee to take our order.. Please I hope 'be our guest' does some training in the future.. All he could muster was oh my that's horrible.. Uh yeah it was... As opposed to getting us something or just being on us for the rest of the night they brought out corn in the cob.. Such a jester.. Well, I love the food but will not be going back any time soon and will be sharing w my friends and colleagues...Special Features:
- Fun!NYFrequenterDined on 10/25/2014Food isn't fantastic but it's a great vibe and a fun time.Special Features:
- Light, Delicious Mexican!Oceanstar9VIPDined on 10/23/2014The menu stands out. The drinks were delicious and there a number of exceptional tequilas to choose from (a reason for multiple visits). The food was DELICIOUS! For two, we split an appetizer tasting, the guacamole and the tasting of tacos (2 each of 4 of their different tacos: pork, chicken, fish, and beef). Honestly, I think we should've of skipped the appetizer tasting only because it was SO much food we took home leftovers. The portions themselves are nicely sized, though. The chips are nice and fresh and thin. My only reason for deducting a service star was because the server took our guacamole order then disappeared for 10+ minutes before taking our drink order. At that point we placed our food order with it. It was the only incident.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We had lunch there with friends and it was just what we wanted. Authentic Mexican Food. You will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceSamiLuvVIPDined on 10/3/2014Love the outdoor seating with heaters...it was warm enough to enjoy dinner outdoor in a cool evening. Ordered quite a few dishes among friends but I wasn't able to try them all due to the spiciness. The plantains and the steak were my favorites. Would go again to try other dishes that are not spicy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceawhiteDined on 9/28/2014I had been to Dos Caminos - Meatpacking before. Although there was no ceviche, the brunch was outstanding! We also got there a bit early, and weren't able to be seated until all of our party arrived, which was a bit strange since no one was in the restaurant. Literally no one. Great overall experience and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Great time, good food and excellent service. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for girls nighttrontasticDined on 9/20/2014We went here for a girls night because my friend from high school was in town. My friend loves Mexican food, and I remembered this place kind of being a crowd pleaser. It did not disappoint! Everything was delicious. The waitress was so sweet and couldn't do enough for us. Everyone agreed that the white sangria was the best they ever had, and that means a lot coming from my boozehound friends. I'd definitely recommend for groups, but it would probably be a nice place for a date also. Even though it was crowded you could still have a conversation without screaming and there was a good ambiance.Special Features:
- Lovely mexEviesDined on 9/18/2014Very good food, the guacemole is a must! Nice outdoors as well, even though it's a lot of traffic in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatRuthNYDined on 9/15/2014This is good food, but it's not great and seems overpriced for the quality of food served or the creativity applied to it. Our server was fine, but seemed to have too many tables and therefore drinks were slow in coming as were a few other incidentals. I may go back because it is good and it's a great location, but I will certainly not go out of my way to go there.Special Features:
- Poor service and uninspired foodFrednycDined on 9/14/2014Bland food: vegetarian tacos only filled with a big wedge of avocado and one bite of summer squash which was supposed to be the main feature; watermelon salad without a hint of brightness, and poor service: reservation request ignored, host not helpful with stroller, had to wait over ten minutes for a glass of water when the restaurant wasn't even half capacity full. However, the people watching is lovely as this is one of the best and biggest terrasses in Soho attracting an eclectic crowd of beautiful people who enjoy eating al fresco. Only to be enjoyed if you bring your own party and don't care too much about the food and can ignore the service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Service was outstanding. They accommodated us in anyway necessary, and our waitress, Charlette was a gem. Great night out!Special Features:
- Perfect Work Team OutingChimesVIPDined on 9/9/2014Dos SoHo delivered a great experience when I brought my work team in for a celebration dinner. The service was so attentive, I sometimes didn't even notice that my glass was being filled, or that plates we didn't need were being cleared. It was seamless, how we could converse with each other and always feel like our server(s) were around, but never hovering. By the end of our epic and delicious meal, we decided this should be the spot for our end of year team outing, too. Highly recommend the Cadillac margarita! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Loved the vibrant atmosphereMJfromNZDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic Mexican food. Knowledgeable staff. Great cocktails. Easy location.Special Features:
- Delicioso!WendeenycVIPDined on 9/6/2014Innovative Mexican food served in a fun atmosphere with very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnergeticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The waitress was one of the best parts. She was attentive, although she was dealing with a group of 15 ladies celebrating a friend's engagement. It offers good Mexican dishes. If you want to spend $100 for two, you easily can with drinks and dessert. Or, you can spend about $50 for two as well.Special Features:
- Great BrunchLuv2cook23Dined on 8/31/2014We had dinner here before, but it was nothing special. The brunch was great. Lots if good choices in the brunch menu and even a free drink! Reasonably priced. Would definetly have brunch here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectEpicMunchiesHunterDined on 8/22/2014I loved everything, great place for any occasion and the food presentation and taste really surprised me with how incredibly delicious it was, drinks were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Return Many Times!!!GlamDollSel16Dined on 8/21/2014This was my first visit & I was somewhat skeptical but no more. The rose sangria was out of this world! I also had their surf & turf tacos which were equally as good. The only slight disappointment was the guacamole. I had heard such great things about it but had to doctor it to make it not taste so bland, but that was minor. Overall I would highly recommend Dos Caminos & will be back often. If weather permits I also recommend trying to get a table outside. It just adds to the charming experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing like the Third Ave locationBrat4lyfDined on 8/16/2014This is not as nice as the Third Ave location and the food was below what I have grown to expect. My table sent dishes back twice. Once for over salted steak and again for a shrimp taco that looked like it was a leftover. My open face shrimp quesadilla was more like a pizza and our waiter although apologetic was a little flustered. I will def not recommend this location.Special Features:
- Amazing as usual!FoodieinNYCDined on 8/15/2014Dos Caminos in any part of the city is great! Soho usually isn't my first choice but it seems like they really picked it up here. Last couple times I went the food was just ok (only happens here as opposed to meatpacking and 3rd ave) but the other night was much better! However, what's with the extreme frozen margaritas? They're very delicious but My boyfriend and I felt like we got frost bite on the roof of our mouths on the first couple of sips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok this timeEnjoyEatingVIPDined on 8/15/2014We've dined here many times before so don't know what happened this go around! Waited 20 minutes for our guacamole. It's no longer prepared table side which was a disappointment. The food was OK. Ordered the tuna tacos which were part of the restaurant week offerings. The corn tortillas were a bit rubbery; don't know why they don't grill them before assembling the taco. My husband had the same complaint and he ordered the fish taco. The drinks were great as usual. Don't think we'll be coming back. If we do, we'll come during happy hour and just enjoy the prickly pear margaritas and then go have dinner elsewhere.
- McGovernOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014The restaurant was all screwed up on the evening we visited. I had arranged three reservations for a business dinner of 14 -- tables of 4, 4 and 6. After a long wait outside to just get to the front desk, we were told that only one table of four would be ready soon. And we were already 15-20 minutes past our reservation time. 45 minutes later most of my party was not seated and three members of the group gave up waiting and went home. Service was very poor during the evening and the food was not as good as my previous visits to their other restaurant.
- Happy Hour was Happy!CliententertainerDined on 8/13/2014Wait staff was super friendly and accomodating, the Happy Hour menu and the margaritas were great! Service was quick as well if you were in a hurry! Would totally recommendSpecial Features:
- AdvisoryVIPDined on 8/13/2014Repeat user for business/ad hoc lunches. Solid & predictable fare.Special Features:
- Perfect for our Girl's NightTeresaQDined on 8/12/2014Dos Caminos SoHo was the perfect place to start our girl's night. Super yummy food (must have: the guacamole for the table as an appetizer), an awesome pitcher of sangria, great service, and a really pretty atmosphere - all the check marks for classy & fun dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Disappointed that we did not receive tortilla chips and salsas. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Poor service.BEE1Dined on 8/8/2014I dine at Dos Caminos - all of them - frequently. Typically I think they are a little too 'efficient' and feel rushed. Often the restaurant is really hopping and they want to turn tables over. This time they were really slow so the service should have been great but it was terrible. We were seated immediately but from that point forward everything was a ten minute wait - for water, to see our waitress, to get a drink menu, to get our appetizer. But then our main dishes came out right on top of the appetizer. Hurry up and wait but then hurry up only.Special Features:
- Tacos yumLuvfoodDined on 8/5/2014I returned less than a week after going for dinner with my husband. I ordered the same dish of mahi mahi tacos and a side of rice and beans and ate the whole thing! Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok.YummyDined on 7/30/2014Service was good and a nice setting. Food was ok, not not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 530 reviews are from the Dos Caminos - SoHo reviews archive.
- YummyLuvfoodDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I dined al fresco and enjoyed. The guacamole and salsas are very good even if chips are greasy. We had tacos- me maxima hi and he chicken, both very good. Comes with a side of beans and rice, also good. I was disappointed by the $10 marguerita. Not tasty or much alcohol.Special Features:
- elveeDined on 7/24/2014Restaurant was just OK. Guacamole & salsa were decent. I probably wouldn't go back for no other reason except that there was nothing special nor notable. Wait, they kept our reservations and sat us down right away. Other than that...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014Our server could have cared less. Forgot to order one of the meals. No real apology or service recovery. She also didn't seem to know the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.