Dos Caminos - SoHo
475 West Broadway at Houston Street
New York, NY 10012Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Dos Caminos - SoHo
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.doscaminos.com/
- Phone: 2122774300x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:30am-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ordering for a large group? Consider our Catering Menu, available for parties of 10 or more. Contact us for a menu and to place a pick up or delivery order.
Full service off site catering can also be accommodated. Contact our Special Events Department at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com for further information.
- Special Events: In the heart of Soho, Dos Caminos on the corner of West Broadway and Houston provides it all: a great location, open air cafe, killer margaritas and truly great guac! Available for full and partial restaurant shutdowns or group dining. Accommodates 15-120 guests.
To book large parties or private events contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
- Cross Street: Houston Street
- Public Transit: A, C & E trains to West 4th Street, N, R & W trains to Prince Street, 6 train to Bleecker Street, F & V trains to Broadway/Lafayette Street.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Several public lots in the area. Closest one is on Mercer between Houston and Prince. Street parking also available.
A word from Dos Caminos - SoHo
Dos Caminos brings the vibrant spirit of Mexico City to New York City. Serving authentic and upscale Mexican cuisine, including fresh guac, killer margaritas, and South of the Border staples like Asada Tacos and Mexico City-Style quesadillas. The tequila and margarita menu is one of the most robust of its kind. “Dos” has single-handedly redefined Mexican for Americans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos - SoHo reviews from OpenTable diners
100 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (64)good for groups (57)hot spot (28)neighborhood gem (26)fit for foodies (23)great for lunch (21)great for brunch (19)special occasion (19)vibrant bar scene (16)romantic (14)late-night find (12)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (6)notable wine list (3)Show More
- Excellent Mexican FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/18/2014We had lunch there with friends and it was just what we wanted. Authentic Mexican Food. You will love it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome experienceawhiteDined on 9/28/2014I had been to Dos Caminos - Meatpacking before. Although there was no ceviche, the brunch was outstanding! We also got there a bit early, and weren't able to be seated until all of our party arrived, which was a bit strange since no one was in the restaurant. Literally no one. Great overall experience and location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/26/2014Great time, good food and excellent service. ThanksSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for girls nighttrontasticDined on 9/20/2014We went here for a girls night because my friend from high school was in town. My friend loves Mexican food, and I remembered this place kind of being a crowd pleaser. It did not disappoint! Everything was delicious. The waitress was so sweet and couldn't do enough for us. Everyone agreed that the white sangria was the best they ever had, and that means a lot coming from my boozehound friends. I'd definitely recommend for groups, but it would probably be a nice place for a date also. Even though it was crowded you could still have a conversation without screaming and there was a good ambiance.Special Features:
- Lovely mexEviesDined on 9/18/2014Very good food, the guacemole is a must! Nice outdoors as well, even though it's a lot of traffic in the areaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good, not greatRuthNYDined on 9/15/2014This is good food, but it's not great and seems overpriced for the quality of food served or the creativity applied to it. Our server was fine, but seemed to have too many tables and therefore drinks were slow in coming as were a few other incidentals. I may go back because it is good and it's a great location, but I will certainly not go out of my way to go there.Special Features:
- Poor service and uninspired foodFrednycDined on 9/14/2014Bland food: vegetarian tacos only filled with a big wedge of avocado and one bite of summer squash which was supposed to be the main feature; watermelon salad without a hint of brightness, and poor service: reservation request ignored, host not helpful with stroller, had to wait over ten minutes for a glass of water when the restaurant wasn't even half capacity full. However, the people watching is lovely as this is one of the best and biggest terrasses in Soho attracting an eclectic crowd of beautiful people who enjoy eating al fresco. Only to be enjoyed if you bring your own party and don't care too much about the food and can ignore the service.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/12/2014Service was outstanding. They accommodated us in anyway necessary, and our waitress, Charlette was a gem. Great night out!Special Features:
- Perfect Work Team OutingChimesDined on 9/9/2014Dos SoHo delivered a great experience when I brought my work team in for a celebration dinner. The service was so attentive, I sometimes didn't even notice that my glass was being filled, or that plates we didn't need were being cleared. It was seamless, how we could converse with each other and always feel like our server(s) were around, but never hovering. By the end of our epic and delicious meal, we decided this should be the spot for our end of year team outing, too. Highly recommend the Cadillac margarita! Can't wait to return!!Special Features:
- Loved the vibrant atmosphereMJfromNZDined on 9/6/2014Fantastic Mexican food. Knowledgeable staff. Great cocktails. Easy location.Special Features:
- Delicioso!WendeenycVIPDined on 9/6/2014Innovative Mexican food served in a fun atmosphere with very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EnergeticOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/5/2014The waitress was one of the best parts. She was attentive, although she was dealing with a group of 15 ladies celebrating a friend's engagement. It offers good Mexican dishes. If you want to spend $100 for two, you easily can with drinks and dessert. Or, you can spend about $50 for two as well.Special Features:
- Great BrunchLuv2cook23Dined on 8/31/2014We had dinner here before, but it was nothing special. The brunch was great. Lots if good choices in the brunch menu and even a free drink! Reasonably priced. Would definetly have brunch here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectEpicMunchiesHunterDined on 8/22/2014I loved everything, great place for any occasion and the food presentation and taste really surprised me with how incredibly delicious it was, drinks were great too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Will Return Many Times!!!GlamDollSel16Dined on 8/21/2014This was my first visit & I was somewhat skeptical but no more. The rose sangria was out of this world! I also had their surf & turf tacos which were equally as good. The only slight disappointment was the guacamole. I had heard such great things about it but had to doctor it to make it not taste so bland, but that was minor. Overall I would highly recommend Dos Caminos & will be back often. If weather permits I also recommend trying to get a table outside. It just adds to the charming experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing like the Third Ave locationBrat4lyfDined on 8/16/2014This is not as nice as the Third Ave location and the food was below what I have grown to expect. My table sent dishes back twice. Once for over salted steak and again for a shrimp taco that looked like it was a leftover. My open face shrimp quesadilla was more like a pizza and our waiter although apologetic was a little flustered. I will def not recommend this location.Special Features:
- Amazing as usual!FoodieinNYCDined on 8/15/2014Dos Caminos in any part of the city is great! Soho usually isn't my first choice but it seems like they really picked it up here. Last couple times I went the food was just ok (only happens here as opposed to meatpacking and 3rd ave) but the other night was much better! However, what's with the extreme frozen margaritas? They're very delicious but My boyfriend and I felt like we got frost bite on the roof of our mouths on the first couple of sips!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok this timeEnjoyEatingVIPDined on 8/15/2014We've dined here many times before so don't know what happened this go around! Waited 20 minutes for our guacamole. It's no longer prepared table side which was a disappointment. The food was OK. Ordered the tuna tacos which were part of the restaurant week offerings. The corn tortillas were a bit rubbery; don't know why they don't grill them before assembling the taco. My husband had the same complaint and he ordered the fish taco. The drinks were great as usual. Don't think we'll be coming back. If we do, we'll come during happy hour and just enjoy the prickly pear margaritas and then go have dinner elsewhere.
- McGovernOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/14/2014The restaurant was all screwed up on the evening we visited. I had arranged three reservations for a business dinner of 14 -- tables of 4, 4 and 6. After a long wait outside to just get to the front desk, we were told that only one table of four would be ready soon. And we were already 15-20 minutes past our reservation time. 45 minutes later most of my party was not seated and three members of the group gave up waiting and went home. Service was very poor during the evening and the food was not as good as my previous visits to their other restaurant.
- Happy Hour was Happy!CliententertainerDined on 8/13/2014Wait staff was super friendly and accomodating, the Happy Hour menu and the margaritas were great! Service was quick as well if you were in a hurry! Would totally recommendSpecial Features:
- AdvisoryVIPDined on 8/13/2014Repeat user for business/ad hoc lunches. Solid & predictable fare.Special Features:
- Perfect for our Girl's NightTeresaQDined on 8/12/2014Dos Caminos SoHo was the perfect place to start our girl's night. Super yummy food (must have: the guacamole for the table as an appetizer), an awesome pitcher of sangria, great service, and a really pretty atmosphere - all the check marks for classy & fun dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/9/2014Disappointed that we did not receive tortilla chips and salsas. Food was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Poor service.BEE1Dined on 8/8/2014I dine at Dos Caminos - all of them - frequently. Typically I think they are a little too 'efficient' and feel rushed. Often the restaurant is really hopping and they want to turn tables over. This time they were really slow so the service should have been great but it was terrible. We were seated immediately but from that point forward everything was a ten minute wait - for water, to see our waitress, to get a drink menu, to get our appetizer. But then our main dishes came out right on top of the appetizer. Hurry up and wait but then hurry up only.Special Features:
- Tacos yumLuvfoodDined on 8/5/2014I returned less than a week after going for dinner with my husband. I ordered the same dish of mahi mahi tacos and a side of rice and beans and ate the whole thing! Yum.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok.YummyDined on 7/30/2014Service was good and a nice setting. Food was ok, not not great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyLuvfoodDined on 7/28/2014My husband and I dined al fresco and enjoyed. The guacamole and salsas are very good even if chips are greasy. We had tacos- me maxima hi and he chicken, both very good. Comes with a side of beans and rice, also good. I was disappointed by the $10 marguerita. Not tasty or much alcohol.Special Features:
- elveeDined on 7/24/2014Restaurant was just OK. Guacamole & salsa were decent. I probably wouldn't go back for no other reason except that there was nothing special nor notable. Wait, they kept our reservations and sat us down right away. Other than that...
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/23/2014Our server could have cared less. Forgot to order one of the meals. No real apology or service recovery. She also didn't seem to know the menu.I would recommend this to a friend.
- PhenomenalNatashaDined on 7/15/2014This will be my new favorite location. Friendly service the moment you walk inside. Our waiter (I believe his name was Hector) was funny and suggested the most amazing drinks and food. We had mar y terra tacos, salmon, shrimp quesadilla and Barbacoa De Chivo and Bacon, Chicharrón, Pickled Jalapeño guacamole. Good portion sizes for the prices. We were a party of 4, 1 of which was visiting from London and there was not a single complaint as we sampled each others food. The manager (I believe his name was Billy) came over to check on things and he took our order. Made a great recommendation for drinks. He explained the tequila he got us (on the house) and was full of humor as well. You can’t go wrong with anything at all here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!foodieVIPDined on 7/3/2014The drinks were perfect but the food was disappointing. I have been here a couple of times and its always a hit or miss. I were with a group of friends. Loved the fresh Guac and chips but the entrees were not good at all. The service was slow too.Special Features:
- Just like MexicoRobynslp95VIPDined on 6/28/2014Ironically we vacationed in Mexico this year, but have never been die hard fans of the cuisine. That changed when we had authentic Mexican cuisine , and Dos Caminos is an exact if not better replica ! The guacamole is the best I have ever had. Not to mention the empanadas, tacos, and fantastic drinks. We cannot wait to return.Special Features:
- Just okOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 6/27/2014Food just ok. Waiter was great, but hostess was not great. Wouldn't rush back
- The following 523 reviews are from the Dos Caminos - SoHo reviews archive.
- Bad CantinaAashieshDined on 6/23/2014Looks to me a like high end cantina, with inexperienced and wooeful service , high tables and chair the the most uncomfortable .
- Guac is fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014It's worth the trip just for the guacamole!!! There are a couple other locations in the city and they are all good. Great place for beers and lunch or dinner. Also tons of tequila to choose fromSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessyQAnonymousDined on 6/16/2014Love this place! I eat at Dos Caminos once every month or 2... for the SoHo location, try to sit outside if you can- it's near a busy street but it's so nice to sit outside in the city it's not that big of a deal. Service was very friendly, LOVE the fish tacos, try the mango jabanero guacamole too- YUM!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/14/2014The food was quite good, and since I am allergic to cilantro, the waiter was quite happy to make sure my food did not contain it...a feature I so appreciate..there was even an "allergy" sticker on my plate...it's hard to find Mexican food that I can trust! We were able to sit for 2 hours and never felt rushed. I have eaten at the Dos Caminos on Third Avenue and other BR Guest restaurants and have always had a positive experience. I am looking forward to returning in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great patio, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/7/2014My fiancee and I split the tacos and in his first bite, he bit into a full, red habanero pepper. Needless to say, the rest of the meal was ruined for him, but I kept on with the tacos and they were sub-par. Good drinks and good service, but not worth the price. I've had better tacos at a taco truck.Special Features:
- Child friendly but coolOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/31/2014Came here with my wife and a new set of parent with their eight month old. They gave us a high chair and a special child-size order of guacamole and veggies at no cost, and the service was excellent. The adult food - guacamole, surf & turf tacos, pork tacos, steak tacos, veggie quesadilla - was also fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place, Great Food!jmkurDined on 5/30/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary and we were far from disappointed. The menu had a great selection and the food was outstanding. The freshly made guacamole and the Ensalada Del Mercado were refreshing starters. For the main courses my husband had the Skirt Steak Asada and I had the Salmon In Avocado Pipián. Both were delicious and flavorful. Overall the service was good except the server forgot to mention the daily specials and it was a little cramped but that is typical for many NYC restaurants, otherwise there were no other issues. The value for the quality and selection of the food is excellent. would definitely recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.