Dos Caminos – Meatpacking
675 Hudson Street at 14th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Dos Caminos – Meatpacking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doscaminos.com/
- Phone: 2126992400x
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Tuesday: 11:30am – 11:00pm
Wednesday-Thursday: 11:30am – 12:00am
Friday-Saturday: 11:30am – 1:00am (Kitchen Closes), 3:30am (Bar Closes)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ordering for a large group? Consider our Catering Menu, available for parties of 10 or more. Contact us for a menu and to place a pick up or delivery order.
Full service off site catering can also be accommodated. Contact our Special Events Department at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com for further information. Please allow 24 hours advance notice.
- Entertainment: DJ Thursday, Friday & Saturday 9pm - 1am
- Special Events: With two floors and an outdoor café in the middle of the Meatpacking District, Dos Caminos is a party destination. With over 150 tequilas on the menu it's the perfect pairing with our made-to-order guacamole! Full restaurant and partial buyouts can be accommodate, as well as group dining. To book large parties or private events contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Dos Caminos – Meatpacking
Dos Caminos brings the vibrant spirit of Mexico City to New York City. Serving authentic and upscale Mexican cuisine, including fresh guac, killer margaritas, and South of the Border staples like Asada Tacos and fresh ceviche. The tequila and margarita menu is one of the most robust of its kind. “Dos” has single-handedly redefined Mexican for Americans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos – Meatpacking reviews from OpenTable diners
171 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (106)good for groups (81)hot spot (57)neighborhood gem (49)great for lunch (40)fit for foodies (36)vibrant bar scene (35)great for brunch (28)special occasion (28)late-night find (28)romantic (18)scenic view (15)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (3)Show More
- poor food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014The food at this location was not great tasting. This was consistent throughout all courses.Special Features:
- UltimateFoodieDined on 8/14/2014The only food I'd eat there again is the Guacamole. I went for restaurant week and the food was horrid. No flavour a t all. Never again.
- brianDined on 8/13/2014service was good and the staff were friendly. it was adequate. drinks were good.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantFavoriteVIPDined on 8/13/2014We only had appetizers and everything was good. The waitress was nice and helpful. I would go back to try out main dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RW LunchGeordyVIPDined on 8/13/2014When I said my res was changed from 2 to 1 was seated at a table in rear of room..across from waiter station. Felt forgotten by waiter at times esp when my first course of gazpacho was served by runner and I had no spoon! Took some time to get anyone's attention then waiter said "no problem" well I should hope so! But gazpacho was delicious..and tuna tacos were tasty as well. Chocolat tort with corn gelato was okay not fab as dessert should be....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulFoodieDivaDined on 8/12/2014I was very excited to try out this restaurant because I love Mexican food. My fiancé and I went for restaurant week. Unfortunately the food ( w the exception of the fruit salad, Mac and cheese and fries) was nothing short of AWFUL. Very very disappointing. He ordered the shrimp gazpacho and the tuna tacos which he described as bland. And I ordered the fruit salad and the chicken enchiladas.Special Features:
- ServicePatW1VIPDined on 8/12/2014We spent at least 15 minutes attempting to get a waiter's attention. Any waiter. Nothing. We asked bus boys to send a waiter. Nothing. Our initial waiter who served water disappeared, never to be seen again. We waited and waited watching serving staff standing by the bar having a chat. There was a table of 8 and a table of 2, in addition to our table of 3. So, the place was not busy. Despite food being delicious, I would be hard put to go there again.
- foodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014The ceviche we ordered was great. However, two of us ordered the same main-course dish and both of us left more than 3/4 of it untouched. it was simply bad. I would expect a waiter who sees that (and he saw it), to say something or ask something, at the very list. I think these dishes should have been taken out of our bill. They weren't. Otherwise the weightier was nice.
- Dos Caminos - Meatpacking Distgclark726Dined on 8/9/2014Guacamole was incredible. Authentic and fresh. Tacos were really good...spicy, but good. Tacquitos and quesadillas were amazing too. I've been to this location twice....Park Ave a half dozen times...this one is very much more relaxed and casual. Its a favorite and I make sure I go every time I am in NYC.Special Features:
- Dos ComplainosBrianDined on 8/5/2014Food was great. Service was the worst I have experienced at any of the Dos Caminos locations. Dirty dished left on our table for half an hour; taking plates away before people were finished eating; went there for a birthday and they brought out dessert with a candle with guests not at the table (had gone to use the restroom) and served ice cold coffee. Add to that a noise level that made causal conversation impossible.
- Outdoor SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2014Had a blast sitting outdoors. No rush. Food was amazing.
- Delicious DrinksTSWTDined on 8/2/2014The Mexican Star was a tasty drink! Everyone at my table ended ordering that for their second round after they tasted mine. Also the food was very good too. I had the enchilada and everyone else ordered tacos. Everyone enjoyed their meal. AND DON'T FORGET TO ORDER GUAC!!!!Special Features:
- Exellent Dining ExpreanceJimmyPDined on 7/30/2014I too my daughter there for her 21st birthday. The service was outstanding along with the food. We all had a great time and would highly recommend it to others!Special Features:
- Terrible!DinereviewsDined on 7/29/2014The service was terrible, and unfriendly. I had ordered food to bring home for my boyfriend and when I arrived home I realized they didn't give me half the food I paid for....I called the restaurant and they told me they would call me back to reimburse me... They never did!!! I willl NOT be going back there.
- Decent Food in Ultra Loud SettingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/26/2014I think the title says it all, except for the fact that they served lousy sangria. Lots of bachelorette parties.Special Features:
- Loyal fan of Dos CaminosAndrewDined on 7/26/2014Love, love, love everything about this place. It is sometimes hard to get in... but if you plan ahead, it's no problem. Great food, great service... and Paray, the manager... is so welcoming, professional, and absolutely the best in her business.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great all aroundNYE2013Dined on 7/24/2014All I can say is get the spicy guacamole with extra Thai chilis. It is incredible and I would eat it with a spoon. Everything else follows suit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food needs improvementChrisDined on 7/24/2014Where to begin....totally disappointed in the food. I don't mind the high price if you get what you are paying for. The manager was good but overall not worth it.Special Features:
- AdvisoryVIPDined on 7/24/2014Interestingly, food is better at other DC locations. Good service. Major outdoor venue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Fave RestaurantLoveDosDined on 7/23/2014This place never disappoints. I frequent both the midtown and meatpacking locations and love them both. The drinks, food and service are always outstanding! Great after work spot, to meet friends and for special occasions. Just an overall great vibe!Special Features:
- SolidMaxMDined on 7/22/2014Nothing bad to say. Wait staff was friendly, attentive and gave good recommendations. Food is VERY overpriced -- it was good but not great. Portion sizes are nice. Ambiance is okay -- it's rowdy but it's a big restaurant so that's to be expected. Margaritas are expensive but surprisingly strong. We had 5 people for a birthday party and had a $300 bill. So not the most expensive in NYC, but also not the cheapest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food is always fantasticRyanTVDined on 7/20/2014Going to Dos Caminos is one of those things that you just have to prepare yourself for. The food, that part you don't have to worry about. It is always amazing and they typically have specials that are great. The service is always just pretty terrible. Waiters are completely inattentive. I've been going to DC for years now and this is true every trip: Get seated, waiter comes within 5m to get drink order. Order drinks from the bar, waiter comes with them 10-15m later (too long). Get specials, ask questions, waiter leaves so we can make decisions. Comes back to get order 10m later (too long). Order, food comes 15-20m later, that's fine, but then the waiter never comes back to see if you need anything, drinks, problem with food. nothing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- energetic, good service, solid mexRGoesToDinnerDined on 7/19/2014Our server was very good - after asking about my tequila preferences, he recommended George Clooney's casamigos. It was fantastic! His other suggestions were very helpful as well & we really appreciated the complementary anejo flight - interesting for tequila lovers & non lovers alike. Overall the ambiance was boisterous but not obnoxious. Low lighting. Lots of bachelorette & girls nights seemed to be going on. Seems like a spot better suited for a group than a date night.Special Features:
- Great FoodJeffreyCDined on 7/11/2014This location is busy at night, so if you don't want all the hubbub, try another location, like the one in midtown. If you are committed to eat at this location and want a less hectic area, ask for a table upstairs.The food is great and portions generous. The staff is attentive and friendly.Special Features:
- LunchNYCFoodieDined on 7/6/2014Perfect day out. Usually I love Dos, but I wasn't really impressed by the food on this day. Pollo tacos usually can't be messed up but they were pretty gross and didn't really have any chicken in them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Been too long!ikejrDined on 7/5/2014It has been awhile since i visited a Dos Caminos location and let me say i dont know why it took so long to go back. Perfect additions on the menu and the go to dish Guacamole was awesome! Thank you for the accomadating seating outside.Special Features:
- Poor qualityFoodandBeverageDined on 6/29/2014Unfortunately my experience as Dos Caminos was disappointing. Service was incredibly slow, the food was unimpressive & poorly executed. We weren't approached for over 10 minutes. We flagged down a hostess to find our server; she was the woman with her back to the room leaning against the bar. The Carne Asada tacos were prepared as: (1) had 4-5 small strips of meat, and a giant glob of guac. (2) had a medium amount of meat, and normal guac. (3) had a pile of meat, and no guac. ?? The meal was largely flavorless. My take-away is that this venue has only survived based on its location. There's a world of flavor and ingredients out there. Quit trying to scrape by with the bare minimum.
- Fun place for PrideLuisVIPDined on 6/29/2014Made reservations for 11 and had no problems at all. Staff was all upbeat, music was high energy and the atmosphere was fun, fun, fun. It was clear that staff was very busy, given the Gay Pride activities going on outside - but despite that, the mood was good. Food was a bit warm (not hot), but our entire party understood that the kitchen was also on over-drive. Great drinks. Server was busy, yet always there for us... Thanks!
- Good Food - Good TimesBarryBVIPDined on 6/29/2014This is one of my favorite places in the city to eat. They have an amazing outdoor space, but it's hard to get a table when it's really nice outside. Food is always good. Great bar.Special Features:
- I love Dos Caminos AGAIN!PayneDined on 6/28/2014So after my last horrific experience, I decided to give this place another shot. Besides, I love the indoor seating and great brunch. So, I scheduled my Birthday Brunch for 8 and it was a SUCCESS!! My new server Dee was awesome. And two of my former waiters (Emily and Chris) recognized me and made a point of wishing me Happy Birthday. The hostess Ana was so sweet too!! Everyone was so friendly and made me feel like they were family. Great JOB!! I will definitely be back!! I wish it was my birthday again this weekend!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Revisited and happyAwesomeDined on 6/20/2014We haven't been to Dos Caminos in a while. I remembered it was "fancy" Mexican food. Pleasantly surprised, the food was just great! And the staff from the host, to the drink waitress to or dinner server were all so friendly and happy. We will definatley return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, ok serviceTBD1Dined on 6/19/2014Food was good. Service was not attentive. We were sitting at an outside table and had to wait very long to put in food and drink orders. Just getting the check took a while.Special Features:
- Fabulous girls night outnik0lemDined on 6/14/2014Great service, the empanadas and guacamole appetizers were to die for. The plantain masa used for the empanadas was perfect. Received complimentary margaritas as first time visitors. They even attempted to make my friend a paralyzer when they'd never heard of one. Would love to go back and will recommend to friends visiting NYC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girl's Weekend in NYC!GigiMDined on 6/14/2014Dos Caminos was a wonderful find for our girl's weekend. Ambiance was great, service fantastic and food was so tasty. Wasn't touristy. We felt like locals which was awesome. I will come back again and again. Loved the casual atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchBarryBVIPDined on 6/14/2014Brunch here is always a good time. The food is always great. The servers are amazing. Just a fun spot to go. One of the best outdoor dining spaces in town as well. The brunch prices, which include a cocktail, are very affordable and worth getting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itExcellentVIPDined on 6/7/2014Very accommodating - our party was 30 minutes late arriving and we were still accommodated with great food and service.Special Features:
- Loved itSLJLDined on 6/7/2014Great fun, great food, great service, very accommodating, great area. Loved it!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fab birthday dinner!Luvstella34VIPDined on 6/5/2014Great food, great atmosphere, great location, great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mexican's Best!TA2NRXDined on 6/1/2014Great ambiance, food, margaritas and service. I would highly recommend here for groups, outdoor dining as well as business meetings. Best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyDined on 5/29/2014We went as a group and shared three types of tacos. They were all fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.