Dos Caminos – Meatpacking
675 Hudson Street at 14th Street
New York, NY 10014Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Dos Caminos – Meatpacking
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doscaminos.com/
- Phone: (212) 699-2400
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday-Tuesday: 11:30am – 11:00pm
Wednesday-Thursday: 11:30am – 12:00am
Friday-Saturday: 11:30am – 1:00am (Kitchen Closes), 3:30am (Bar Closes)
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Ordering for a large group? Consider our Catering Menu, available for parties of 10 or more. Contact us for a menu and to place a pick up or delivery order.
Full service off site catering can also be accommodated. Contact our Special Events Department at 212-331-0328 or email email@example.com for further information. Please allow 24 hours advance notice.
- Entertainment: DJ Thursday, Friday & Saturday 9pm - 1am
- Special Events: With two floors and an outdoor café in the middle of the Meatpacking District, Dos Caminos is a party destination. With over 150 tequilas on the menu it's the perfect pairing with our made-to-order guacamole! Full restaurant and partial buyouts can be accommodate, as well as group dining. To book large parties or private events contact Special Events at 212-331-0328 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Or request event information online here: http://www.brguesthospitality.com/event-venues/book-event.
A word from Dos Caminos – Meatpacking
Dos Caminos brings the vibrant spirit of Mexico City to New York City. Serving authentic and upscale Mexican cuisine, including fresh guac, killer margaritas, and South of the Border staples like Asada Tacos and fresh ceviche. The tequila and margarita menu is one of the most robust of its kind. “Dos” has single-handedly redefined Mexican for Americans.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos – Meatpacking reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since July 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (88)good for groups (78)neighborhood gem (50)hot spot (48)fit for foodies (38)vibrant bar scene (33)great for lunch (30)late-night find (24)great for brunch (24)special occasion (22)romantic (13)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (9)notable wine list (1)Show More
- not good enoughOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/29/2014Although claiming to be a premium Mexican Dos Caminos is far from achieving that goal The location is great but the food isn't. The competition is still way better.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/25/2014The food is always served at the best quality and temperature, and the portion are sufficient without being too big.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingBarryBVIPDined on 10/25/2014Brunch here is always a favorite!! The food it fantastic. Get the pumpkin pancakes while they are on the menu. You will not be disappointed. Delicious...and very filling. Service was exceptional as well.Special Features:
- Least Among Other LocationsProduttoreDined on 10/24/2014Good restaurant, but our least favorite among its other locations. Park Avenue location ranks top with us.Special Features:
- Upscale MexKmesquaredVIPDined on 10/24/2014This outpost of Dos Camimos has good people watching from the outdoor seats in the vibrant meat packing district. Fresh ingredients, delicious gaucomole and sangria.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014the food is delicious .. very crowded on the weekend but we had a reservation and sat right away.. i would suggest this for a romantic date . guacamole is incredible!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not great on a sunny day!BarclayVIPDined on 10/12/2014We have eaten at Dos Caminos many times and have loved our experience. Unfortunately our most recent experience was not good. The restaurant opened dozens of outdoor tables and did not have the staff to service everyone. After an hour without receiving our food, we left and found another restaurant. We will try Dos Caminos again on a cold day when the outdoor tables are not open.
- LOVE Dos CaminosRobbieDined on 10/4/2014I always have a wonderful time when I come to Dos Caminos. The food is always superb. The ambiance is cool. I highly suggest Dos Caminos for anyone looking for a fun dining experience with friends.Special Features:
- Going down hill.thedudeDined on 10/1/2014The food has definitely gone down hill a bit over the years. Still a great spot and the service is still very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummyTMF1Dined on 9/30/2014Fantastic guacamole, tacos, sangria and margaritas. Can't wait to visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great waiterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Our service was wonderful. Our waiter was attentive, sweet, playful and knew how to deliver great service. My food on the other hand has ok. Ordered the huevosvrancheros and it was just smothered in too much sauce.Special Features:
- Will come back over and over!LuvsfordDined on 9/26/2014This is my go to restaurant for Southwest food in New York City! can't wait to go back again!Special Features:
- Holy Guacamole!chloeVIPDined on 9/26/2014We sat on the patio and loved the food, service, and people watching. Get the Guac! We ordered a large between 4 people and it was a lot, so keep that mind if you're getting food. We took the servers recommendation and ordered the 'surf and turf' taco's, SO GOOD! Everything else was great and paired perfectly with our pitcher of sangria. If I lived in the city, I'd eat here regularly!Special Features:
- Great vibe!SkfoodyDined on 9/20/2014Nice vibe but I was disappointed with the food. It's a nice hot spot if you're looking for a vibrant bar scene but not if you're looking for quality food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PoormkmackDined on 9/14/2014I've been to Dos Cominos many times and have never had an experience as poor as this. After being seated, the waiter took 20 minutes to take our order even though we sat waiting with menus facing down. The restaurant was not busy as there were many empty tables. When we finally were able to flag down our waiter to take our order, we waited for a decent amount of time before the food arrived. Once we finished, we waited and waited for our waiter to check on us and he never came, our plates were never cleared and out water remained empty. We finally flagged down a bus boy to take away our plates and find our waiter to bring us the bill after waiting and waiting. Very poor service and a waste of time.
- Good food and serviceSusanrpnyDined on 9/13/2014I loved the steak asada and the guacamole is excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spicy cevicheArtlyVIPDined on 9/12/2014Don't miss the trios different ceviches, entrées are fine, too noisy though, you really gotta scream to be heard. Margaritas a bit lavish....Special Features:
- Good food!MaryRDined on 9/12/2014We went to this restaurant with my husband. The service was very good and the food either. The only thing was that I asked for a table outside in my booking and they told us we had to wait 30 minutes if we wanted that preference. So you can´t book a table putside :(Special Features:
- nice restaurantgustafzDined on 9/12/2014good atmosphere, nice margaritas, excellent service. Recommend this one if you're in the mood for Mexican.Special Features:
- Sweet 16 to remember!WineanddineDined on 9/6/2014Our recent visit to Dos Caminos was an absolute pleasure and the staff went out of their way to give the guest of honor a special Sweet 16 celebration. The food was tremendous, the atmosphere was intimate and festive and the staff was amazing!Special Features:
- Nice, BUT service could be nicerFoodhunterVIPDined on 9/3/2014Good place and food, only service could be in a better mood!
- great guac and margaritasOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Great outdoor dining. Nothing terribly special though but maybe I am spoiled living in California, the Guac specialist. Still it was excellent and so were the margaritas, just a little pricey. Good salmon maincourse too.Special Features:
- good foodjeannieVIPDined on 9/1/2014the place has a good vibe and the music is awesome. Food and drinks are yummy!Special Features:
- GREAT LUNCHOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/1/2014It was a great experience. everything was great but just service was little bit slow but it is also understandable that restaurant was so crowded.Special Features:
- Nice timeDianaDined on 8/31/2014I reallly enjoyed my dinner at Dos Caminos....Our waitress was really good!!! I would definitely come again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Options DiminishedOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/26/2014We have been dining at Dos Caminos well over 5 yrs. Each time we return for at least ONE of our favorite appetizers/entrees it is either NO longer offered or been altered. We often have a difficult time finding anything on the menu. Once great MADE to order guacamole (stated on menu) is no longer, MADE FRESH to ORDER. Always wet, it may be made DAILY, and set for refrigeration but NOT make fresh because I ordered it. No great chicken choices ONLY Beef or Pork (we Do not eat). Even the cheese fundidio (constancy Different and runny) is NOW made with PORK. The Mexican Cornbread is no longer good. Our food experience here is no longer great. Pricky Pear Margarita one of the best drinks.Special Features:
- poor food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/21/2014The food at this location was not great tasting. This was consistent throughout all courses.Special Features:
- UltimateFoodieDined on 8/14/2014The only food I'd eat there again is the Guacamole. I went for restaurant week and the food was horrid. No flavour a t all. Never again.
- brianDined on 8/13/2014service was good and the staff were friendly. it was adequate. drinks were good.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantFavoriteVIPDined on 8/13/2014We only had appetizers and everything was good. The waitress was nice and helpful. I would go back to try out main dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RW LunchGeordyVIPDined on 8/13/2014When I said my res was changed from 2 to 1 was seated at a table in rear of room..across from waiter station. Felt forgotten by waiter at times esp when my first course of gazpacho was served by runner and I had no spoon! Took some time to get anyone's attention then waiter said "no problem" well I should hope so! But gazpacho was delicious..and tuna tacos were tasty as well. Chocolat tort with corn gelato was okay not fab as dessert should be....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwfulFoodieDivaDined on 8/12/2014I was very excited to try out this restaurant because I love Mexican food. My fiancé and I went for restaurant week. Unfortunately the food ( w the exception of the fruit salad, Mac and cheese and fries) was nothing short of AWFUL. Very very disappointing. He ordered the shrimp gazpacho and the tuna tacos which he described as bland. And I ordered the fruit salad and the chicken enchiladas.Special Features:
- ServicePatW1VIPDined on 8/12/2014We spent at least 15 minutes attempting to get a waiter's attention. Any waiter. Nothing. We asked bus boys to send a waiter. Nothing. Our initial waiter who served water disappeared, never to be seen again. We waited and waited watching serving staff standing by the bar having a chat. There was a table of 8 and a table of 2, in addition to our table of 3. So, the place was not busy. Despite food being delicious, I would be hard put to go there again.
- foodieVIPDined on 8/9/2014The ceviche we ordered was great. However, two of us ordered the same main-course dish and both of us left more than 3/4 of it untouched. it was simply bad. I would expect a waiter who sees that (and he saw it), to say something or ask something, at the very list. I think these dishes should have been taken out of our bill. They weren't. Otherwise the weightier was nice.
- Dos Caminos - Meatpacking Distgclark726Dined on 8/9/2014Guacamole was incredible. Authentic and fresh. Tacos were really good...spicy, but good. Tacquitos and quesadillas were amazing too. I've been to this location twice....Park Ave a half dozen times...this one is very much more relaxed and casual. Its a favorite and I make sure I go every time I am in NYC.Special Features:
- Dos ComplainosBrianDined on 8/5/2014Food was great. Service was the worst I have experienced at any of the Dos Caminos locations. Dirty dished left on our table for half an hour; taking plates away before people were finished eating; went there for a birthday and they brought out dessert with a candle with guests not at the table (had gone to use the restroom) and served ice cold coffee. Add to that a noise level that made causal conversation impossible.
- Outdoor SeatingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/3/2014Had a blast sitting outdoors. No rush. Food was amazing.
- Delicious DrinksTSWTDined on 8/2/2014The Mexican Star was a tasty drink! Everyone at my table ended ordering that for their second round after they tasted mine. Also the food was very good too. I had the enchilada and everyone else ordered tacos. Everyone enjoyed their meal. AND DON'T FORGET TO ORDER GUAC!!!!Special Features:
- Exellent Dining ExpreanceJimmyPDined on 7/30/2014I too my daughter there for her 21st birthday. The service was outstanding along with the food. We all had a great time and would highly recommend it to others!Special Features:
- Terrible!DinereviewsDined on 7/29/2014The service was terrible, and unfriendly. I had ordered food to bring home for my boyfriend and when I arrived home I realized they didn't give me half the food I paid for....I called the restaurant and they told me they would call me back to reimburse me... They never did!!! I willl NOT be going back there.