Dos Caminos - Fort Lauderdale
1140 Seabreeze Blvd
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33316Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $31 to $50
Dos Caminos - Fort Lauderdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.doscaminos.com/
- Phone: 9547277090x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00am, Weekends until 11:30am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm, Saturdays 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Brunch: Every Sunday from 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Happy Hour: Every Day from 5:00pm - 7:00pm
Dinner: Daily from 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Executive Chef: Elizabeth Barlow
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Dos Caminos is the perfect venue to host your next social event. With our outside patio right next to the beach and spacious dining room, both are suited for private parties or business dinners. Our chefs take your food seriously- as seriously as our staff takes making sure you enjoy the party at Dos Caminos!
A word from Dos Caminos - Fort Lauderdale
Dos Caminos is a vibrant restaurant in Fort Lauderdale, serving modern Mexican cuisine with tempting margaritas and cocktails. Located inside the Sheraton Fort Lauderdale Beach Hotel - a landmark hotel artfully restored to honor its iconic heritage right on the beach. Serving mouth-watering south of the border staples such as Asada Tacos with caramelized onions, Dos Enchiladas and made-to-order guacamole. Try our signature prickly pear margarita or explore our expansive tequila menu. Our chefs take your food seriously- as seriously as our staff takes making sure you enjoy the party at Dos Caminos!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos - Fort Lauderdale reviews from OpenTable diners
15 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (8)great for outdoor dining (8)kid-friendly (5)fit for foodies (4)neighborhood gem (4)romantic (3)special occasion (3)vibrant bar scene (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Ribeye AlambreOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014Loved this entree. I had it at the New York location and am glad to be able to get it in S Florida.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ParamusBillVIPDined on 9/10/2014food was a 3 out 5, good but not outstanding. Does not compare with the BR Guest restaurants in New York or Las Vegas. Overall a good experience but falls a little short to rave aboutSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awful!!foodforthoughtDined on 8/5/2014Visited this restaurant on a Tuesday night, very few people about, should have told us something. Food was awful, no atmosphere and very overpriced!
- small menunikkimaDined on 8/2/2014Small menu but good Mexican food. The atmosphere was really neat... like a dungeon with candles. Very cool! Margaritas were strong and guac was delish. Portions could be larger.Special Features:
- Conviently locatedBestisDined on 7/17/2014Good food within Sheraton Beach Hotel. Nice Happy Hour & delicious freshly made guacomoleSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GIshDined on 6/25/2014Excellent food, consistent and goos service. Best pf all: guacamole and tacos de carnitas!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 170 reviews are from the Dos Caminos - Fort Lauderdale reviews archive.
- Guests are not welcome hereHh104Dined on 5/30/2014This restaurant was recommended to me by a local. I was really looking forward to good drinks and food - and got so disapponted. The drnks were decent, but the food was just dry and without any flavour. The staff was very unmotivated and seemed many times more interested in themselves than in their guests ( standing in the corner chatting). I cannot recommend this restaurant!
- Great foodTryFoodAllOverDined on 5/24/2014The salsa's were very good and the mole & green enchilada were excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dos Caminos...no longer greatFoodExpertDined on 5/23/2014Unfortunately after 6 visits to Dos Caminos, the quality and quanity of food is sadly disappointing now. Portion sizes have been dramically been reduced to save on cost. The quality of the food has also been modified to save money. Obviously their corporate office/ owners have come up with a horrible strategey to save or make more money. This will be our last visit. With the exception of getting some quacomole, chips and salsa. This is the only thing that hasn't been compromised.
- More authentic mex than expectedFoodEDined on 5/22/2014Must visit, food was amazing. Thinking it would be ok as its a chain restaurant we were shocked at how authentic the food tasted. The guacamole is a must its their signature starter. We had the rajas quesadilla which was so delicious, very flavorful and the perfect spice level. The hongos tacos were good but could have used a bit more flavor they were a bit more blander. The chili lime fries were a nice surprise. the rice and beans were really good as well. Definitely a place to visit. The atmosphere was definitely lively and service was great as well.Special Features:
- Best guacamole ever!10189023VIPDined on 4/29/2014This was my first time dining here. We only ordered margaritas, guacamole and queso fundido. The margaritas were excellent and the guacamole was so fresh and delicious with chunks of avocado it came with 3 salsas. Our server Juan was very good too. We would definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2014Horrible service. We had a reservation and they refused to seat us because there weren't any tables. We were finally seated after the manager overheard the hostess refusing us our seats, only to pass by at least 20 empty tables. Once we were sat, our waitress never once smiled and they only time that she responded to our table quickly was to take the check. Will not be back.
- Excellent tacos and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/27/2014Excellent tacos and service was great! We had the yellow fish tacos (although spicy) were very delicious....the margaritas ware some of the best margaritas I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food terrible service!MargoVIPDined on 3/22/2014Food was decent not too pricey. Service was terrible and Rosa Mexicana a better choice especially for the guacamole!Special Features:
- good food, service a bit slowOhioBuckeyeDined on 3/13/2014This was our third visit to Dos Caminos. The restaurant is in/attached to the Sheraton, but it's not a "hotel restaurant." The guacamole is the best ever - we had the traditional with medium spice. The portion for two people is plenty for at least three people. On this visit we also had pollo asado (big strips of chicken, flavorful sauce, but the soft corn tortillas were a bit chewy) and chicken enchiladas (very good). The wait staff was friendly but service was a bit slow.
- Great Dining with neat surroundingsAlwaysonSundayVIPDined on 2/28/2014We had ribs over a watermelon salsa- YUMMMMMMMM! Huge serving, excellent flavor. Go for their guacomole- made to order- excellente!Special Features:
- Good mexican foodDonnaVIPDined on 2/27/2014Had the guacamole chips and salsa. My husband had lettuce wrapped tacos with mahi mahi and I had the steak and shrimp tacos. Both excellent . Not as vibrant as the NYC locations.Special Features:
- OddOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 2/17/2014I love Dos Caminos. This restaurant has the same menu as the New York locations but leaves something to be desired service wise. When I arrived I mentioned that I had a reservation. The host found it but then said "we're on a 10 minute wait" which is the same thing she told the person in front if me who didn't have a reservation. She offered no wait if I wanted to sit at a high-top in the bar. I also got to witness a tense exchange between my server and the manager about her doing other's work
- Delicious!TFelicettiDined on 2/9/2014We ate at the Ft. Lauderdale location. Really great food! Loved the Drunken Nachos! Service was professional, efficient and very friendly! The margaritas were outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dos Caminos - Sheraton FLLOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/2/2014We stayed at the Sheraton in which this Dos Caminos is located and ended up eating there several times. The food is good as are the margaritas. But the restaurant always seems (nearly) empty.
- holy moly guacamolecbmalmVIPDined on 1/26/2014GO FOR THE GUAC AND DRINKS. Made to order guacamole, piping hot chips. good selection of margaritas. Rest of the menu reads well, but.... perhaps we chose poorly: chicken fajitas gloppy, deliv. in a saute pan but far from sizzling. Empanadas flavorful but disconcertingly cool. Taquitos delicious but also lukewarm. Our server was friendly and professional. Bus boy filled our waterglasses w/ water, but we had bottled sparkling water in them. Attention to details missing here: timing/ serving orders, manager to train staff re: taking care of tables. Good People, potentially great food without someone in charge to make it all happen. But the guacamole and margaritas, definitely worth the trip.
- Interesting placeChasfroggieDined on 1/11/2014This is a big place... we asked for a quiet table, but were seated near the guy making guacamole so we had to listen to him chop-chop-chopping all thru dinner... there wasn't quieter area... very "lively" place. Service was very good. Food was good, but not all items on website menu were on the restaurant menu... waiter said the item we had wanted has never been on their menu :-P Guacamole IS really good tho!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKRussDined on 12/1/2013It was OK....NOTHING like the NYC counterpart. Bad service, but the food was good. Excellent actually. The whole place was really a drag. Football on the bar TV's is the excitement and for the prices they are charging for Mexican food, we expected a whole lot more than a bar.
- Over price MexicanReddoorDined on 10/11/2013We both ordered a taco meal 2 beers.the bill was $75 dollars! If it was good I would be ok since it's on the beach and I know we must pay more for atmosphere. However it was terrible. The guacamole was good. 100 dollars with tip I will only go back for beer and guacamole
- good chips, salsa and guacamole!fithokieVIPDined on 10/10/2013And that's about all that was good. Service was horrible and clueless. First indication that I should have not had dinner here was the empty restaurant. This was supposed to be more traditional mexican food. It was just awful. Chicken fajitas ....chicken tasted like it was cooked in pasta sauce. Avoid this place!Special Features:
- Nice sit down with a moderate priceJellystarDined on 9/24/2013We happened to be staying just down the street from this place. After making the reservation on open table we walked and made our way inside. Every employee was very helpful and our drinks and food came quickly. One concern was the server asking us if we wanted quacamole and then bringing it with chips and an assortment of salsa. We didn't know that it cost $14. While it was worth every penny, as it was made fresh, it should be mentioned to the customer that it is extra and not complementary. Other than that everything was delicious and service was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice ExperienceFrequentTravelerVIPDined on 9/21/2013The service was excellent and I sat outside which was really great. The guacamole was delicious. The chicken enchiladas were okay, but not really special. The dulche de leche ice cream was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantasticmike301Dined on 8/30/2013Dos Caminos is an excellent restaurant, serving up reinvented Mexican cuisine with a gourmet twist. The service was excellent and even though the restaurant was loud, I had a great meal. Be sure to try the nachos with the three types of salsa as a starter, and get the fish tacos as a meal. The golden margarita was excellent, price is a bit steep but it's a margarita you won't soon forget (or that you might actually!). I'll be back here next time I'm in Fort Lauderdale for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was dry and awful. ExpensiveJulieDined on 8/1/2013Food was dry and awful. Expensive and bad service. No wonder there were only four other tables of people there.
- Great FindjbookDined on 6/16/2013I have lived in Ft Lauderdale 8 years and never come accross this place before. We had family in town and were looking for a mexican restaurant on the beach so went in blind. We sat outside with a nice ocean breeze, service was attentive, food was great, they welcomed our children. It was in the Shearton Hotel, my expereince of restaurants in hotels has not been good in the past but this was great...will be going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good StuffTikiFreakDined on 6/6/2013Blundered in here twice while attending The Hukilau. This is the Mexican food I grew up on, not the garbage most "Mexican" restaurants carry. I'll be back many, many times on return visits to FLL. A new favorite. I would recommend it to anyone who wishes to have a great meal.Special Features:
- A little bit of New York atOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 5/27/2013A little bit of New York at the beach. Its nice to have an outpost in Ft. Lauderdale. Chips and Guac are stil awesome, the service was very attentive and the food was very tasty. Definitely recommend to anyone who is in the mood for good mexican.Special Features:
- Beautiful night at the beachGogootzDined on 5/25/2013This a great spot to enjoy tequila and a few apps while sitting by the beach.Special Features:
- Always AmazingJimmyVIPDined on 5/16/2013We have had many breakfasts, lunch and dinner at Dos Caminos. Every time is wonderful, food is always top quality and exceptional service. Located at the Sheraton on the beach, there were days we never left the hotel because of Dos Caminos quality.Special Features:
- Worse Mexican food I haveJf021261VIPDined on 4/27/2013Worse Mexican food I have ever had and they had the music so loud you couldn't hear yourself think much less hold a conversation I will never ever go back!
- this was on eof my worst diningOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/26/2013this was on eof my worst dining experiences ever. You should not have this on open table. food was not ediable
- What a mistake...OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 4/13/2013Terrible. Not at all deserving of the dos Caminos name. Our drinks took almost 25 minutes to come out and my wife returned her quesadillas twice because they came out first with shrimp in them and then a second time with onions. She ordered plain cheese quesadillas. My steak was fatty and tasted like it was from sizzler. Don't go. Rocco's on las olas is a much better option for high end Mexican.
- Service was okay, not great.GregDined on 4/11/2013Service was okay, not great. My wife's fajita was excellent mine so so. But the Mango Margrita was excellent
- Crammed 4 large people intoDebQRealtorVIPDined on 4/7/2013Crammed 4 large people into a tiny table although the restaurant was 80% empty. Water glasses sat empty awhile. Food was good but not as great as in times past.
- Very Loud!!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/4/2013the music was very loud in the dinning area.. People were talking very loud because of the music.. I was able to hear my brother t,hat was on the other side of the table.. When our food finally arrived at the table it was all wrong.. It was so hard to talk to the waitress due to all the loud noise!!