777 Harrrah's Blvd.
Atlantic City, NJ 08401Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.harrahsresort.com/
- Phone: 6094415747x
- Hours of Operation:
Please refer to our website:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Traditional Mexican, Mexican, Contemporary Mexican
- Executive Chef: Ryan Ebbs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We cater all special events in the restaurant with a variety of different Traditional pre-fix menu's raging from $29.50, $39.50 dollars per person created by our Executive Chef. We offer Private Dining Rooms and Lounge Seating.
- Private Party Facilities: Call for details 609-441-5747. Please leave a phone number when emailing our special event email.
- Private Party Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 6094415747x
- Entertainment: Come party all night at Dos Caminos Tequila Lounge...
- Special Events: We provide Private dining rooms AV equipment for additional fees.
A word from Dos Caminos
Asada tacos, Mexico City style quesadillas, fresh guac and killer margaritas are just a taste of what we’ve got at Dos Caminos, the standard bearer of stateside Mexican food and fiestas for almost a decade. When it's time to play, let loose or party, you can't top our lively energy. Get "guaced" at Dos Caminos.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dos Caminos reviews from OpenTable diners
186 reviews since May 20, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (120)good for groups (115)special occasion (85)fit for foodies (76)hot spot (56)vibrant bar scene (51)romantic (45)late-night find (27)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (12)neighborhood gem (9)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (5)Show More
- Girls Night OutFHMomDined on 9/14/2014I just went to Dos Caminos for a girls night out with a few friends. We really enjoyed it, the guacamole, margaritas, entrees and service were great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodGirlshavingfun2Dined on 9/13/2014The food and service was great. The food came out very fast and was tasty. Staff was friendly and very helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Lots of really good tequila to choose from. Get the guacamole. We had the crab guacamole and would go back just for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMaursVIPDined on 9/7/2014If you want something a little different this is the place, not the same old. Great staff very informative , amazing food and the view is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I never complain about service...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014...but the service here was awful! I have worked in service for many years so I can empathize with how challenging a busy Saturday night can be. However, we received unexceptable service for our bachelorette party of 6 last Saturday night. We were seated not in the main dining room but at this weird table in the bar. Our table was not yet set when we were seated and we had to ask twice before our server brought us napkins and silverware. In fact, there was nothing we didn't have to ask for more than once. The guac was brought out about 30 secs before our entrees, he brought out food that we didn't order, but failed to bring items that we did order. Also, our server brought out the check without even asking if we wanted dessert!Special Features:
- Great food, Great service!MrsOronzi620Dined on 9/6/2014The food, view of the bay and the service was awesome. I will definitely be recommending my friends and family to visit while staying in AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Eats!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Wife was in the mood for Mexican food so we decided to try this place since we were already staying at Harrah;s. Food was good, but the fresh Guacamole was out of this world! I would have eaten another bowl of it all by myself. If you like Mexican food and like Guacamole, this resturant is a must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8 people - Great Time!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/4/20148 of us ate here on a corporate event and had a fantastic time. We had a wonderful view of the bay and the sunset. Our server was attentive and the food was delivered timely. Our meals were delicious and the server made appropriate suggestions for a group of our size and tastes (i.e. some spicy vs non-spicy items).Special Features:
- MargaritavilleBillyVIPDined on 9/3/2014We made a reservation for 5:00. When we got there we were told the kitchen didn't open until 5:30. At first we were a little upset. Then, we went into the bar. Happy Hour for Cinco de Wednesday! 5.55 for Margaritas and appetizers. If we weren't staying for dinner, we would never have left the bar. Fabulous drinks, great salsa and chips. If you are in AC on Wednesday, take a cab (don't drive) to Dos Caminos. Best bar we have been in for a long time.Special Features:
- Worth waiting for.NothappyDined on 8/31/2014We had been trying to get to this restaurant for some time. It just seemed like it was difficult to get a reservation when we wanted one. Absolutely worth waiting for. The food was Mexican at a whole different level. The only negative was the loud music from the bar downstairs that conflicted with the music in the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top restaurant in ACLove2dineDined on 8/29/2014Service was outstanding, server Evelyn was very knowledgable about everything, she was on point with everything, she made very good suggestions... The food was great and recommendations she made awesome!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible.Tmarti09Dined on 8/29/2014Went as a group of ten. And was supposed to be served "family style." The small amount of food provided was barely enough to be called appetizers. For example skirt steak was a small skirt steak not enough for 5 people to have a small slice. No sides like rice or anything were provided to make it a true meal. The service was also horrendous, the waitress barely showed her face... And we believe it was because they included the gratuity because our party was over 8. Also they won't tell you when you make a reservation that I you are a party over 8 that you can only use a pre fix menu.
- 1983melissaDined on 8/29/2014The Mexican food was excellent - in an authentic way and not an americanized greasy way. They gave us a sample of the beans and rice on the house which was nice and tasty as well. We had a tequila flight which was also very good and complimented the food well. It was a little on the darker side in the restaurant even with the candles lite up on the tables. Their was a nice view of the water especially if you happen to be dining during sunset. My only complaint would be that the specials are kind of misleading and they only apply at the bar for both food and alcoholic beverages.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loud & UnderstaffedKoop83Dined on 8/27/2014Server was cordial, but slammed. $19 Guacomole with a few pieces of Bacon, fresh but overpriced. Chorizo and Mac was horrible pin wheel macaroni, bland Luke warm cheeses and a few small diced pieces of flavorless chorizo. Entrees average, $19 tacos average. Basically felt liked a glorified chain Mexican restaurant. Cadillac Margarita excellent!
- Overall, good experienceBacheloretteparty25Dined on 8/23/2014We went with a large group for a bachelorette party, and although we were initially mad that we had to pick from the preset menu, it was OUTSTANDING! the servers kept coming out with more and more delicious food! For the price, it was a great value. I just felt a little pressured at first to order alcohol from our servers, but after we were firm about no drinking, they stopped heckling us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OkayTMP7Dined on 8/20/2014We had an okay experience. The food came our super fast. The guacamole, which they are known for was only okay. The vegetable tacos were nothing like they were described on the menu. Overall, I was not impressed.
- Nice ambience but dirty windowsKeithDined on 8/17/2014I know it sounds picky but we had a window seat and the dirty windows made it not worth it. Otherwise had a great time and dinner was really good. We all got shots of tequila and I will pass next time. Waitress recommended the price fix and we all got different appetizers and shared. Would definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service..NYGirlDined on 8/16/2014Our server, Jessica, was amazing. Overall experience was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greataMG63Dined on 8/16/2014great food, love the quesidillas !! bangingggg drinks ~ margaritas !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/13/2014Out reservations were for 8:45pm for 7, on a Wednesday night in Harrahs. We were seated on time and ordered right away. We did not get our food until 10pm and we had to keep asking for water because they forget to give us any. The experience was so bad, that I will definitely be sending an email to corporate.Special Features:
- Would go backluvfoodDined on 8/12/2014Upon arrival we were promptly seated. The waitress was very friendly and her recommedations were right on. I had the salmon in pumpkin avocado sauce and it was delicious. The salmon was cooked perfectly with no overcooked areas. My dinner companion had the steak dish which came highly recommeded from the waitress and it lived up to expectations. The staff was very courteous and friendly. The noise level was fine and was able to converse with my dinner companion without having to raise our voices.Special Features:
- Loved it!FrankDined on 8/9/2014Loved the Food 100%. There service was just ok....they were pretty busy but the waitress had to pick up the other waiter's slack it seemed to me. Have 0 complaints about the food though !! Had the Chicken Quesadia and my wife had the Vegetable Tacos and they were both awesome !! Place was a bit rowdy but there were several bachelor/bachelorette parties going on so it was to be expected ! Sangria was awesome as well !!Special Features:
- Enjoyable NightJakeCreatesArtDined on 8/9/2014My husband & I dined here for the first time and were pleasantly surprised with the service and food. The Margarita's are potently delicious, beware if you are a light weight! The steak/shrimp taco's are very tasty. The highlight of our dinner was our side of cornbread, this is a must, as well as the guacamole. Our reservation was for 6:15 and we were seated immediately and our request for a window seat was granted. Lovely view of the bay. The only disappoint is that we didn't receive OpenTable points for this restaurant! All in all ,an enjoyable night ,at Dos Caminos.Special Features:
- Long island crewLongislandcrewDined on 8/9/2014Our experience at Dos Caminos was very enjoyable. The staff was very attentive and dishes came out quickly. Everyone in our party enjoyed their entrees and we all loved the guacamole and the chips and salsa. We would definitely return to Dos Caminos on our next trip to AC.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointingLovesfoodDined on 8/6/2014I was very disappointed in everything at this location for dinner on a Wednesday night. Our server was friendly but was not present for a great deal of the meal. The carnita tacos were so full of grease that you could pour it off and the plate has a good oil slick. One of the tacos had no meat. The waiter did not come back until we were finished eating which did not allow us to order a second drink or for my daughter to order a tequilla flight which is one of the reasons we went. The manager came over after we complained and offered a free desert, but since we weren't happy with the food why would we want something else to eat. We have eaten here before and the food was OK but after this experience we probably won't be back.
- Great Girls Night Out!InTheBizDined on 8/6/2014Dos Caminos has the best Mexican food in South Jersey by far! Our server, Manny, had excellent recommendations and his timing was perfect. He made sure the courses kept coming, the margaritas kept flowing, and we NEVER felt rushed. The atmosphere is fun and upbeat, but not too loud for conversation, and the water view is a nice touch. I would highly recommend Dos Caminos to everyone and will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ole!NigtoutDined on 8/6/2014From the moment you enter the dining room, Dos Caminos wows you with a breathtaking panoramic water view. Servier was attentive nod knowledgable and made excellent recommendations. Meal was leisurely and we never felt rushed. Food choices are varied and have a unique twist on Mexican faire. Guacamole is fresh and tasty as we're all the selections we sampled. A pre fixe menu is available that offers variety so you get to sample an appetizer, entree, and dessert for $39. The restaurant is not cheap but it is not your street Meiican food joint.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good margaritasMargaritaloverDined on 8/6/2014The margaritas were the best part.....at five dollars, a good price and very tasty. The food was just okay.Our waiter was very efficient.Special Features:
- Very Bad Service, but great foodPeteCheeksDined on 8/2/2014Was greeted by a very bubbly and beautiful hostess, sat down in the waiting area to be seated and got a table in the back section of the restaurant. Dim lighting. Nice decor. Best: Appetizer- Iron clad melted cheese plate with tortillas. Entree -Rib Eye Skewer covered in bacon, placed on top of a risotto. BAD: Service. Worst in Atlantic City i would have to say. They were busy, yet other tables who sat after us received everything more quickly than our table. Took forever for drink orders to arrive to the table. Reservation began at 930. We left at 1145. The service and anticipation waiting for the entrees killed our mood to eat. Before our entrees came out we were ready to leave. You can't hear yourself speak in this place.Special Features:
- Don't go on Saturday!VinnieDined on 8/2/2014From beginning it was bad had 645 reservation but waited 20 min what is the point of a reso?When greeted by the server he rushed to take our order we haven't look at menu yet.We got guacamole which was12 for a small bowl.I know it is in a casino but the prices are outlandish 14 for shot of Patron 12 for a small bowl of guacamole 20 for three mini tacos!It took 55 min for us to receive our entrees I work in a restaurant so I like to pay attention.When my food arrived it was literally cold to the touch,it looked like it had been sitting.The corners of the tacos were all dry and cracked.Manager apologized but didn't buy tacos Just offered to buy me a dessert.Gee thanx worse was all the bachelorette parties yelling and carrying fake PP around
- Excellent placestm5260Dined on 8/2/2014The food was excellent, along with the margaritas! Service was friendly and fast, very enjoyable dinner. Definitely make a reservation.Special Features:
- Not happyCustomerDined on 8/1/2014Our food took way to long to come out. And when it did, it looked like it was under a heat lamp for a while. My wife's sauce was skimmed over from sitting to long and mine came out plain cold. They tried to accomadate us, almost too much. We had a show to go to so we just settled for a discount and left. Will not go again.
- AC GetawayNLaneFanDined on 7/30/2014We had a nice evening on Wednesday, 7/30. Our server was definitely tied up a lot of the night because it would take her a very long time to get back to us with things like extra sauce or waters. The food was fabulous, as always. Had the traditional guac (highly recommend) and the chicken tacos. Could hardly finish! Great night out too - the back room has a beautiful view of the bay. Gorgeous scenic view over dinner.Special Features:
- The BEST!!!!NYfoodieDined on 7/28/2014Some of the BEST mexican food ive EVER had!!! Food and drinks were amazing !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Must try Mexican restaurant in AC!RoedDined on 7/27/2014We were a family of 5 ranging in ages from 13 and up, one being vegetarian and there to celebrate our daughter's birthday. All of us found a variety of menu items from which to choose. From appetizers to dessert, the food (and we had quite a bit) was all amazing. The margaritas were among the best we've ever had. The staff especially our phenomenal waitress were continuosly checking to see if we needed anything. The consensus was that we can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DONOTRECOMMENDOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/27/2014Parties of 8+beware that you must order from a prefix menu. I had a party of 12, unfortunately we were stuck there since everyone had already parked and reservation had already been made. "Food was not great at all" NOT family size as we were told, after seen our $700 bill we were even more disappointed. Dessert was not a tres leches cake (very dry). This was a very special day for 2 of my favorite people and it was a terrible experience. Everyone left hungry and we ended up going to Mcdonalds afterwards (too many of us to make late reservations), I am sure they will remember this birthday and will probably never want to dinner on their birthday again!
- Great experienceYumyumDined on 7/26/2014Celebrated my birthday here with some friends. Food, service, and overall ambiance was great. Would definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible and overprice food never gkaryou1964VIPDined on 7/26/2014overpriced everything and service was lacking and we had to keep asking where are food was
- Fine DiningGetawaygrubDined on 7/25/2014We showed up to our reservation early and were very pleased that we were taken right away. Food was good. Nice portion sizes. Margaritas could have been better, very watered down. Tres Leche cake has no taste.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014We had the Price fix specials and loved them. Great value for the money. Would reccommend coming hungry. Love looking out over the water. Good service too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.