New Orleans, LA 70130Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $50 and over
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dorismetropolitan.com/
- Phone: 5042673500x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner Nightly: 5:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, International
- Executive Chef: Sash Kurgan
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Gluten-free Menu, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: At Doris we offer a stunning private room for your events and special occasions. Our professional staff has the expertise to deliver a unique event tailored to your needs.
For more info, please contact us ---------------
- Private Party Contact: Itai Ben Eli 5042673500x
A word from Doris Metropolitan
Welcome to Doris Metropolitan, an elegant designed dining room that combines high quality dry aged beef along with other exotic dishes, an extensive wine and fine liquors selections and a unique ambiance will make of your visit a magnificent gastronomic experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Doris Metropolitan - Best Restaurants in French Quarter ›
Doris Metropolitan reviews from OpenTable diners
156 reviews since June 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (108)fit for foodies (92)hot spot (75)notable wine list (73)romantic (64)vibrant bar scene (52)neighborhood gem (46)good for groups (31)great for outdoor dining (26)late-night find (9)great for lunch (9)scenic view (8)Show More
- OutstandingLesPocheVIPDined on 9/26/2014The sweetbreads were the best I've ever had. The 31 day dry aged Rib Eye was amazing. Tender with a great depth of flavor. Our server, Dante, was extremely knowledgable about the menu, friendly and professional. All of the staff, from the hostess to the bussers were friendly and professional. Truly an exceptional dining experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Fantastic!!Broadway19Dined on 9/20/2014Absolutely wonderful experience. Notable Ambience, exquisite steak and food selections, delectable dessert. One of the best restaurants in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG!!!!HawkinsDined on 9/20/2014Unbelievably AMAZING!!!! What an amazing experience! We could have not had a better experience. Expressed to the bartender, manager, chef and kitchen staff how amazing that bone in tenderloin was!!! Better than any steak house to date yet; including Capitol Grille, Trulucks, McCormick and Schmits, Vic and Anthonys, Pappas Bros all in Houston and better than Besh Steakhouse in NOLA and Gordan Ramseys in Vegas!!! Thank you so very very much!Special Features:
- Steak Heaven!LittleSistaDined on 9/20/2014Fabulous dining experience! Doris is a Steak lovers paradise - BEST steaks I've ever tasted! I had the tenderloin and it melted in my mouth. And the appetizers are just as delicious. LOVED the artichoke salad. Service is exceptional. - The atmosphere is contemporary with a warm and exciting feel. Can't wait to return.Special Features:
- Great FoodCeegeeDined on 9/20/2014We shared appetizers and dessert. The beetroot,,tuna tartar,and Carpaccio were wonderful. Desserts were delicious,too. Had Ponzi Pinot Gris that one of the best we've ever had. We will go back and try the steak.Special Features:
- DisappointedJeffreyDined on 9/18/2014Doris is a descent steak restaurant that failed to prove itself. Our dinner did not start on a positive note when a member of our party had fruit-flies swarming around his old fashion and then discovered bubble gum had transferred from the chair to his slacks. The server did have the chair swapped & offered complimentary port to compensate him for ruined trousers. The steak was good but not special. A hilarious moment was when I asked the server for a steak knife & she said it isn't part of the place setting b/c a butter knife should be able to cut their meat. She gave me the knife b/c I was unable to cut a medium rare strip with a dull butter knife. I don't mind this arrogance typically, but you have to back it up. Doris did not.
- Anniversary DinnerwallypezDined on 9/14/2014Excellent service from a young server. Great dry aged steaks and a decent wine list. Prices were commensurate with excellent quality. We enjoyed a great dinner.Special Features:
- AMAZINGDiggerDined on 9/13/2014Amazing as always! This was my second time at Doris, and certainly won't be my last. This is my new favorite restaurant in NOLA. The appetizers are amazing and the atmosphere is equally as impressive.Special Features:
- Consistently deliciousMileyVIPDined on 9/12/2014We have been here many times and the food is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NOISEY!SpinMDDined on 9/11/2014Don't bother with this restaurant if you want to talk to your dinner mates. You will not be able to hear them at all. The tomato salad is AMAZING, and the only part of the dinner worth mentioning. The rest was overwhelmed by the prices for single glasses of wine (ridiculous) and the NOISE. We will not return, having "been there, done that". Would not recommend this to another couple. Might be ok for people watching if alone, sitting at the bar.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/9/2014I thought the food was average, but the atmosphere and service were nice.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Great food and presentation. Meat aged in house. Extensive wine listSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014The surprise of my week. The 23oz bone in ribeye was the best I've ever eaten. None can compare and I love steak. The service, Beth, was fantastic. On hole when I return to New Orleans this will be my first and last stop for dinner. My wife loved everything about your restaurant and so did I .It's a 5+ star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing steaksmikebDined on 9/6/2014Amazing steaks cooked to perfection. Extensive wine list. Excellent service.I would recommend this to a friend.
- njoyfoodnjoyfoodVIPDined on 9/1/2014This is the best Steakhouse in the French Quarter!!!! We live six hours away, and this is the place we book before we ever leave our house.Special Features:
- UghbrodyboyVIPDined on 8/31/2014Could be so right on so many levels but wasn't. Service was disorganized and amateurish. I've seriously had more attentive waiters at breakfast places and diners around town. Food was OK and, at these prices, should have been a whole lot better. Room was more like a casual eatery. And, if you are going to tell people when they call that shorts and flip flops are not cool, then shorts and flip flops should not be in the dining room when you are there. 2 stars only for the tomato celebration saladSpecial Features:
- Keeps Getting BetterFredVIPDined on 8/31/2014Dined at Doris for lunch on Sunday of Labor Day weekend. We're repeat customers, but first time for lunch. All in all, a spectacular experience. I told my wife that our first visit was incredible, but as hard as it is to believe, it keeps getting better. We had the Tomato Celebration and Artichoke appetizers and shared a bone-in rib-eye. Everything exceeded expectations. Looking forward to the next visit.Special Features:
- Doris excelsFQResidentVIPDined on 8/30/2014Doris is a great new addition to the French Quarter. Located in a very old building but the interior is modern and beautiful. Doris' is a restaurant for meat lovers. My wife and myself both had the "falls off the bone" Shpondra. Cooked for 24 hours it lived up to its name. Price wise it is quite expensive but we will definitely dine there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UniqueOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/30/2014Great meat. Not your standard steakhouse cuts or presentation. Expensive but...worth it on occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG!!!!NetsyVIPDined on 8/29/2014All I can say is Wow!! To start off, we sat at the bar and had wonderful cocktails with a great inventive bartender or shall I say mixologist! Just watching him mix the drinks was so much fun! The wine list is great and the sommelier was fantastic and really suggested great wines for us! The food was excellent, they do not give you a steak knife and you do not need one, you can cut your steak with a butter knife! It was delicious! This was our first time there but I promise it will not be our last!! Looking forward to going back!!!Special Features:
- We will be back!kls98VIPDined on 8/23/2014Probably the best steak we've ever had! From start to finish - an amazing meal and experience! It is very energetic, so if you're looking for a quiet romantic spot - this isn't it - but well worth the energy!Special Features:
- Perhaps best in NOLA...OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/21/2014This place has a great vibe. Might be my favorite restaurant in NOLA. Not your typical French Quarter restaurant - no Cajun food here! This is like being in NYC! The appetizers and salads are so unique! Ordered the 31 day dry aged strip and was a little disappointed. Tasted like perhaps it was prepared via sous vide and I did not care for the texture. My guest ordered the short rib and it was outstanding. Service was okay and the wine list is a little too narrow. We had a couple of misses as they were out of a bottle of wine that I wanted, entrees took a long time to hit the table as they were busy, had to get up to find steak knife since my strip was not tender - but did receive a comped glass of wine, dessert and two ports.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- edncDined on 8/18/2014Ate at other places in new orleans for same or less price where food was much better. Had big hopes for Doris......was a little disappointed.
- Birthday Dinner EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/16/2014Celebrated my birthday with steak dinner and had an overall exceptional dinner and experience. The steak (Porterhouse) was as good as advertised and all other compliments were right in line with expectations. Overall service was equal to all other top-of-the-line steakhouses with a New Orleans level of flair and culture. I am still now quite sure if the cost was equal to the value. I would certainly consider dining here again, but in New Orleans, it may be back in my long list of favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/10/2014The chef has created some wonderful dishes, but the best part of this restaurant is the meat. They serve the finest most delicious meat available. We had an exquisite meal.Special Features:
- Best Meal in TownannstarrrDined on 8/10/2014This is the best meal I've ever had in NOLA. Get the beet salad, the endive salad (it has 50 flavors) or the burger or a steak. The menu doesn't sound that creative, but when the food arrives - omg. Everything is perfect, and the little creative touches are great.Special Features:
- Fun Night outOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/10/2014I am normally a vegetarian but a few times a year I'll splurge on a nice fish, steak, or something similar. This time around I chose steak. I ordered the rib-eye medium and it came out perfectly juicy, pink, and slightly warm in center. The appetizers I ordered was Delicious as well. Between the food and ambiance, I was highly satisfied. I would not hesitate to recommend this place to someone.Special Features:
- Not Pleased OverallfoodloversDined on 8/9/2014Celebrating two birthdays with much anticipation and ultimately disappointment--Service poor(except for the water server). Not enough room to give all my complaints. Had to catch our server who spent a lot of time "flitting" but not giving attention to our table. Daughter's Chateaubriand Tartare was excellent but server brought tuna tartare initially. Roasted beet--marvelous, as were the sweet breads, and endive salad was good. Short rib was very average as was the 8oz tenderloin (better steaks elsewhere). Wait for drinks was long (if you wanted a second--good luck chasing her down). Birthday celebrants not addressed AT ALL. Heard a man at an adjoining table singing Happy Birthday to himself so we weren't alone. Better places to go.Special Features:
- Unrealistic Expectations?OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2014After reading all the great reviews, I decided I needed to check it out. Glad I did, but I don't plan to go back. The tables were extremely close together---definitely too close for my taste. "Energetic" is a nice way of saying it was so loud that my friend and I had considerable difficulty having a conversation. The service was quite good---our server even acknowledged her own difficulty with the noise level which she says the restaurant is trying to address. So what about the food??? I chose the tomato celebration and the classified cut based on reviews. They were both OK but, honestly, I was underwhelmed. My friend had the filet which was definitely better than what I had. The wine list is extensive...and expensive.
- Can't wait to returnAct9414Dined on 8/2/2014Absolutely loved my experience! The service was fantastic! The steaks are out of this world-hands down the best I've had in the city...possible,EVER! It's so easy to brag about this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Upscale DiningHNaquinDined on 8/1/2014We loved this restaurant! The steak that we ordered was fabulous and cooked perfectly. We loved that the dress was casual but you didn't lose the top notch food and service. Had a great atmosphere, we would go back again and again!Special Features:
- Enjoyable experienceFood4funDined on 8/1/2014We had a very good experience. The service was excellent. I actually had a gourmet burger with truffle fries at a fine dining restaurant and it was amazing! The decor and vibe was wonderful but the two top tables along the side of the room were too close together( we could unavoidably hear the conversations on both sides of us) which made it less of the romantic atmosphere we were hoping for otherwise a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/1/2014Excellent estaurant- actually went to lunch there after having dinner there the night before. Both meals more than met my expectations. The meat is fabulous-the people very nice and attentive. A pleasant experience all around. A definite place to go for steaks.Special Features:
- Amazing Steaks and Staff!SecondSackDined on 7/31/2014This place has a great appearance and the staff are very helpful. We were seated in the courtyard because we arrived early. They would have seated us asap inside but we liked the idea of the courtyard. It was a nice spot although a bit warm on our night. The menu is fantastic if you want high quality steaks and such. The aged beef is on display when you enter and was the obvious choice. A la carte sides were also fantastic. The steak was the star though. Get the extra cold aged steaks and you will not be sorry! This will be a regular spot for me in NOLA. Great find that is picking up a reputation as the word spreads.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!luv2eatDined on 7/31/2014Our night at Doris was amazing! From the front hostess to the wait staff everyone could not have been any nicer! My wife and I both got the Ribeye, mine 31 days dry aged, the wife went for the 21 day dry aged.. ..absolutely unbelievable!! Perfectly cooked to temp.. My wife has to have hers well done (I know) but her steak was perfect as well. We had the beet appetizer and we also had the tuna tartare, it was almost too beautifully presented to eat! We spent a few minutes talking to the manager, Stevenos, very personable and very friendly a great asset to the resturant! Our reason for going out to Doris was not your usual night out, we were celebrating life and the manager and staff could not have made it anymore special than it was!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over priced for quality receivedJWalDined on 7/29/2014Meet over priced. Asked for medium rare Pittsburghed and told they would decide how my steak was prepared that would be best for me. Side portions small and lacked imagination. Appetizers not made to share. When you pay $50-$150 per steak you expect a 6 Star restaurant experience. This did not happen Would not recommend this restaurant.
- worth a visitOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2014The porterhouse was succulent and enough for two. Probably best cut of meat I've had in NOLA The sides are for one person only--not family style like at Ruth's. The atmosphere was hip/cool.Special Features:
- Good foodDiningOutDined on 7/25/2014Everything was good- the hamburger is amazing, as well as the beet appetizer. It took a little while before the waiter took our drink order. Overall, good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvNewOrleansVIPDined on 7/25/2014This was our first time at Doris Metropolitan, but we would definitely go back. Our meal was fabulous! Food and service were amazing! It is very expensive, but the portions are generous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExquisiteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014I had the Tuna Tartare and the classified cut medium-rare and it was all very delicious! I was going to go with a salad for an app but was very pleased with the Tuna Tartare. Everything was great!Special Features: