160 Castro Street
Mountain View, CA 94041Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://dzpizzeria.com/
- Phone: 6509384147
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:30am - 2:30pm.
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Alberto Sannino
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
A word from Doppio Zero
An authentic 'wood fired oven' Pizzeria Napoletana restaurant & bar in the heart of Mountain View, California.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Doppio Zero reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance3.4Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (6)neighborhood gem (4)fit for foodies (3)hot spot (3)romantic (2)good for groups (2)vibrant bar scene (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- I really wanted to love Doppio ZeroOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/17/2014Doppio Zero was a disappointment in nearly every way possible. It looks lovely on the outside. Once inside, the interior design is appalling. Even at half-full, the noise level is atrocious. The tables are much too close together, and they're not really comfortable. The interior is hot, sweaty, and uncomfortable. We only saw our waiter twice: once when he took our order, once when he dropped off the bill. His slow service and the uncomfortable atmosphere of the restaurant meant that we skipped cocktails and appetizers. I ordered a pizza, my partner ordered a pasta. The food was fine, but overshadowed by bad service, too much noise, and too hot interior. It took over 1.5 hours for the meal when we desperately wanted out of there.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our mealAnitaMWDined on 9/10/2014We started with a cauliflower appetizer (tasted good, a little on the dry side) and shared a Pizza di Angelo, also good, but lacking in the truffle oil flavor that was the reason I ordered it. Our cocktails were good, as was the glass of Italian white with our pizza. The service was friendly and competent. All in all, a decent meal, and a place where we'd return when we're in Mountain View again (which we are, about 4 times a year for theater).I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than just pizzaKellVIPDined on 9/10/2014This is a small pizza placed that is so much more. They actually have a large menu of all sorts of Italian food and lots of seafood We were pleasantly surprised by their mussels in garlic, wine and butter and their baby octopus in tomato sauce with kalamatta olives and capers. Both were excellent. I loved the sauces on each. The mussels were perfectly cooked, big and succulent. We also had 2 pizzas which were very good too. We will be back to try more of their non pizza dishes!Special Features:
- disapointingfluffymeowVIPDined on 9/6/2014I have nothing positive to say about this place. The food was unappetizing, the service was so insanely slow (the majority of the staff was hanging out near the back of the restaurant), and the seating was uncomfortable (the bench is too high for the table). I will not be going back.
- Great find in Mountain ViewDinner4BizDined on 8/30/2014Doppio Zero is now our to-go destination on Friday nights. The food is not your typical heavy Italian fare, they have interesting dishes that are flavorful and light. Great selection of wine and mixed drinks The desserts are worth a trip there alone! We love to eat at the bar because of the bartenders Jeffrey and Anton. They provide great service and make it a fun experience. We have found that as more people find out about this great restaurant that its getting busier and busier. The atmosphere is conducive to sticking around and not rushing through your meal. It's great for families and groups.Special Features:
- Doppio Zero definitely not a zero!luv2eatDined on 8/29/2014The food was delicious and the service was outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Doppio Zero reviews archive.