126 Main Street
Sag Harbor, NY 11963Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://timelesshospitalitygroup.com./restaurants.html
- Phone: (631) 808-3444
- Hours of Operation:
Sun- Thur Noon - 10pm
Fri- Sat Noon -11pm
- Payment Options:
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Doppio East
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Doppio East - Best Restaurants in Sag Harbor ›
Doppio East reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.5Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (12)neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (8)great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (7)great for lunch (5)hot spot (5)kid-friendly (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)scenic view (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Food great but service, not so muchArthurPenDined on 9/6/2014It is a shame that the chef does such a great job as his efforts do not justify notable absent service. Once we had ordered dinner our server did not come back one time to speak with us except to drop off our check and note, "Remember when you got here and it was empty?" Well, we did and thereby were surprised by the considerable lack of service. On our way out the door we also walked past about 6 other employees of the restaurant and not a single one even mentioned a thanks.Special Features:
- Needs helpNolaVIPDined on 8/31/2014We were greeted by a wonderful host and there is where the service ended. Wait staff is terrible. Not to be found. Apps and entrees were good. Coffee watered down horrible and dessert was dried out.
- TonyDined on 8/30/2014Food was very good , atmosphere was nice , The Bar was hopping !!!.. this place has it all... If you wanted to have a family dinner with kids the back room was perfect . if you wanted to hang and have drinks at the bar and sing ( or dance ) the bar is for you . the dining room was far enough away from the bar to enjoy your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tale of two restaurantsshepVIPDined on 8/29/2014Doppio began the evening with the cardinal sin of making us wait for 25 minutes after arriving on time for our reservation and compounded that transgression by bombarding us with deafening music while we cooled our heels in the bar. But once we made it to our table, everything turned around, and we enjoyed a fine meal and attentive service. We'll be happy to return and can only hope the next time we will be received with greater care and enjoy a truly memorable meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 8/23/2014Great night out with great service and food. It was a busy night but service was managed well. Calamari and Chicken were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love2eatoutVIPDined on 8/20/2014Food was good but unfortunately the night we were there was very very quiet. Couldn't understand why. Pretty restaurant but because it was so quiet, we were in and out in 40 minutes.
- A terrible eating experiencestanVIPDined on 8/17/2014We ate at Doppio yesterday and it was one of the workst eating experiences I have had in years. It is a restaurent with absolutely no worthwhile , redeeming features. The food was mediocre at best. Doppio had already run out of salmon, by 7PM. No substitute or special replacement despite an already limitied menu. When we asked for a sideorder substitute side we were told The chef doesn't do changes when the retaurant is busy. This with 8 empty tables. It took 1 and 1/2 hours for the entrees to come. When we complained, thewaiter suggested it was our fault for asking to have the chicken cooked through. No apology, no offer of anything to appease an obviously unhappy table. And it was rarewhen it finally arrived. A fiasco.
- Service HorrendousLikesCarsVIPDined on 8/16/2014This is the 2nd time we have gone to this restaurant. The 1st time, they screwed up our ressie 3 times. We figured we would try again. BAD IDEA. This restaurant belongs in Hampton Bays, not beautiful Sag Harbor. LOUD music, LOUD youthful bar scene, HORRENDOUS service. We never got our 1st round of drinks until after we got our appetizers. The hostess told me that they "were too busy" and had no idea who my waitress was and continued to make excuses. The waitress seemed knowledgeable about the menu and wines, but then pretty much forgot about us the rest of the night. Food was good, but wasted on everything else being bad. I had to ask for the check three times before they actually brought it. Couldn't wait to leave.Special Features:
- I hope they figure it outsthrngrlnycVIPDined on 8/9/2014Unfortunately, this one just won't last without a major turnaround. One server to take food orders, one server for drinks, and a zillion bus boys. The drinks server appeared once and never came back till the very end of our entrees, even though there were empty glasses and we definitely wanted to order another round. The server appeared, told us of specials, numerous changes to the menu, and then stopped by for about 3 seconds before we touched our salads, never to be seen again till the end of the night. I ordered a kale ceasar salad, but instead of kale, it was some sort of mixed greens. I ordered the mussels - they were the size of lima beans. So tiny! Went to the American Hotel for dessert b/c we were all still hungry!
- Excellent FoodDeclooDined on 8/9/2014I read some conflicting reviews about Doppio East, most praising the food and criticizing the service and noise level. The food was really delicious. There's a good cocktail list which I appreciate as I'm not a wine drinker. The bar was initially pretty empty for a saturday night and the music WAS deafening. We were offered a table on the back patio which we thought was lovely and not loud at all. There are only a handful of tables and they do share the space with a service station. We found the service to be perfectly capable if a little casual, with two different waiters attending us and quite a few different busboys. By the time we left, around 9pm, the place was very busy and every table filled.Special Features:
- Won't last longFinickyDinerVIPDined on 8/3/2014We went for lunch and the food is nothing special. More irritating, the dishes we were served were not as described on the menu. I ordered the Cavatelli with lamb sausage and broccolini; it arrived without any broccolini and the meat also didn't taste like lamb. When we questioned the waiter about the absence of broccolini, it turned out he didn't know what broccolini is and we then had to describe it to him. He said he'd check with the kitchen but never returned. My husband's sandwich was supposed to come with fries or mixed greens (he wasn't asked which he'd prefer) and he received neither. We won't be giving this place a second chance.Special Features:
- Sag Harbor GemAppleDined on 7/26/2014Nice new place in Sag Harbor. Very vibrant and fun atmosphere. Our meal was very good. Solid service by our waitress. In a town with not so good food and worse yet places with not so friendly hosts, plus lots of people thinking there is great food and service around, this is a nice treat. Hoping it stays successful.Special Features:
- The following 1 reviews are from the Doppio East reviews archive.
- Terrible ServiceKb11VIPDined on 7/24/2014Staff needs to improve service. We had to ask for bread at least 4 times before getting served. We waited for over an hour for our dinner, waitress never came to check or let us know what was going on. When we finally saw her and asked when our dinner was coming she said as soon as possible. There were 4 of us and we walked out.Special Features: