Doppio Artisan Bistro
24 Clinton Ave.
Huntington, NY 11743Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Doppio Artisan Bistro
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doppiohuntington.com/
- Phone: 6319231515
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm;
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm;
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Off premise catering available for events of all sizes
A word from Doppio Artisan Bistro
Doppio Artisan Bistro is a fine Italian restaurant specializing in artisan pizza, authentic cuisine, and handcrafted gelato. The menu includes traditional and contemporary dishes in a warm and welcoming atmosphere. The restaurant has a full bar, and offers brunch specials on Sunday. It offers take out and delivery in addition to dining in. Doppio Artisan Bistro opened in Huntington in 2013.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Doppio Artisan Bistro reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (7)fit for foodies (6)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (2)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (1)kid-friendly (1)great for lunch (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Beyond DisappointingNellifDined on 9/12/2014Went with my mom and we ordered appetizers to start. The "house made" mozzarella and heirloom tomato appetizer was not good. The cheese tasted sour and tomatoes were so unripened, they were crunchy. Need I mention that tomatoes are in season right now? We also ordered the eggplant parm appetizer which was terrible--it literally tasted like bile. The waitress took the eggplant off the bill, which was nice, but it still cost a fortune due to the $15 martinis we ordered. The food was so unappealing that we paid and had dinner elsewhere. Definitely do not recommend.
- Great service and foodDaj1313VIPDined on 6/21/2014Always a really good meal and great friendly attentive service.Special Features:
- Doppio Sag HarborFoodFanDined on 6/15/2014Superb and elegant Italian food in a lovely restaurant. Limited menu still offers adequate choices of small and large plates.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food friendly serviceDrhoney1Dined on 6/15/2014Food was amazing ! Great flavors & our waitress was very helpful & friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- perfect!bellaVIPDined on 6/14/2014Thanks to Christian and everyone at Doppio for making my friend's bachelorette party extra special! Literally the only restaurant in town that would take a reservation for our larger group, and so appreciative for that! Delicious food to boot!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food, creative menuSHM123Dined on 5/31/2014Dined here on a Saturday nite; did not hold high hopes as the mean started with the wine needing to be sent back (another friend of mine had the same experience here), but the meal was uphill from there...salad was outstanding as were all entrees and everyone enjoyed. Will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Doppio Artisan Bistro reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/17/2014Very noisy and disorganized. Service was weak as staff didn't know who ordered what and food had to be returned due to not being prepared as orderedSpecial Features:
- Party of 17OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014Doppio was amazing. The food was excellent (the truffle pizza is legendary) and the satff was accomodating (we had 17 people). Highly recommended.Special Features:
- Fresh and tastyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/1/2014My second visit to Doppio. Food was excellent both times. Fresh salads, perfectly fried calamari are great starters. Gocchi in tomato sauce is a favorite. Seared diver scallops were crunchy outside yet tender inside. It gets loud and crowded at the bar, so get a table along the wall or in front if possible.Special Features:
- Great Food, a little too smallOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/29/2014Only wish it was larger. So small can't accommodate larger groups. Waitress spilled someone else's drink all over me. I was total soaked, but the food was so great I just tried to avoid the same waitress the next day when I came again with more friends. Busboys and Waitresses seemed to be having trouble maneuvering around the tables with not bumping into things.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- pizza pasta perfectGNOgalDined on 4/24/2014having lived in Italy, I rarely order pasta when eating out. But the fact that the pasta was homemade changed my mind and I was not disappointed. In fact the whole table had pasta and everyone loved it. We started with a pizza which was delicious and a perfect prelude, and finished with a dessert pizza, which was also wonderful! The only glitch was the wine, we ordered a bottle off the wine list and they decanted from a tapped magnum behind the bar. As we were not told that our $38 "bottle" would be decanted and no tasting poured, we were all quite upset. However, they made good and substituted another wine of the same varietal at the original price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food Atmosphere LackingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/20/2014The food and service were very good. The portions are very small and very expensive. Went there for Easter Sunday - party of 3 and 2 of us shared a main course. We had a bottle of wine and 3 drinks and the bill was $200.00. The atmosphere certainly does not warrant the prices. An appetizer of cured meats and cheese was $25 and although good, was the smallest I have seen in any restaurant. Overall enjoyed the meal but don't know that I would go back or recommend to a friend.
- Great Food...Way Too LoudMontyDined on 4/18/2014Food was awesome, everything from apps to amazing desserts. Just too Loud.Special Features:
- Good but DEAFENING WHEN BUSY!Tjf1Dined on 4/12/2014Avoid the 2 seat table next to the entrance. kept getting hit by people waiting for table as place holds about 40 guests. Clams al Doppio, were fresh and cooked spot on. Buffala Caprese was moist & flavorful, the tomatoes were not ripe. Chickem Scarpariello was good but mostly dark meat. Veal Scalopini prepared seperately meaning the veal in one pan and the mushroom sauce poured over the top, never had it that way before, it tended to make the veal dry. Service fair, place could use another server, large tables tend to dominate their attention, evident during drink orders & waiting for/paying the bill. We're comped a drink & then charged for it? Prices vs. portions & noise level, there are better choices in area, probably wouldn't return.
- Food was nice and waitressLizzy54Dined on 4/5/2014Food was nice and waitress tried hard. But 1 large group which seemed to be friends with the owner ruined the experience for everyone else. The space is small and the one table took half the seating. They were loud and not just enjoying themselves but screaming and up and down often to go smoke and the tables were so close it made it difficult not to be overwhelmed with the smell of smoke. The worst part was the owner seemed to not care about the other guests Might try it again if we have no other options.Special Features:
- Good restaurantHcgolf4funVIPDined on 3/30/2014It was pleasant. They were short staff, but food was good. I would like to go back just to try pizza.Special Features:
- First timersBill14VIPDined on 3/29/2014Enjoyed our first visit to Doppio Service was great and the food was delicious. Definitely added to our restaurant lst!Special Features:
- Love this place. Great foodDYLANDined on 3/22/2014Love this place. Great food great scene- a must goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty Place in HuntingtonNJfoodieVIPDined on 3/8/2014I went here Saturday night for the first time and had a really nice experience. The Chicken paillard special was amazingly tender and the tomoto soup was nice too but my husband had the better soup - an escarole white bean that was great. We saw pizza's coming out of the kitchen that looked fabulous - more than enough for two people if you get with a salad My only complaint -- come around 9pm, the noise level grew to an uncomfortable level. This is a small space & the bar spills into the dining area. Bythe time we paid our bill,we had to scream to be heard. They need to find some acoustics solutions to soften the noise. All-in-all though, a very good experience. I will definitely return, but perhaps on a weeknight next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!!!PeaceEatsVIPDined on 2/14/2014Great choice for my Valentine's dinner. This very small location makes up for its size with amazing food. I had the Chicken Scarpariello which was bursting with flavor. Entire staff was very nice and they did a great job for a holiday/Friday crowd. I think everybody should give this place a shot. Thanks for a wonderful time!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's surprisediner108Dined on 2/14/2014Here for dinner as a Valentine treat...found the service very attentive, server was friendly and very helpful, shared parma pizza for appetizer, was delicious...bucatini carbonara and linguini fruta di mare, both excellent..glass of wine a little steep at $15.00....way too full to try dessert..will definitely be back again, hope to try paninis next time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceJennykVIPDined on 2/8/2014Great menu with many options-- salads, pastas, pizzas, meat, seafood. Small, intimate room. My husband and I loved everything we ordered. We will be back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placeLovelyLinda63Dined on 2/7/2014We have now been there for dinner at the tables and at the bar. The most friendly wait staff and very very good food. From Pizza to main courses, Doppio has never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite restaurants!OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 1/4/2014One of my favorite restaurants! The food is amazing, great wine list, staff couldn't be nicer and more attentive, it's fantastic!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out!lps389Dined on 12/31/2013We came here for a friends birthday/NYE. The staff was outstanding, very friendly and knowledgeable and the food was delicious! You must try the Bruschetta!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great, cozy place to eat in town!drjeff77Dined on 12/31/2013went for early New Year's Eve dinner....food was superb- from salads to dessert! this is a small restaurant with a small bar area - it was packed but service was great....seafood is fresh and nicely presented....as are all other dishes...also fairly large portions for those who want lots to eat....we will be back again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightSophiaDined on 12/13/2013I went with 6 girlfriends for a holiday dinner and it was a wonderful experience. I've gone to Doppio about 5 times now and they never cease to disappoint.Special Features:
- Always a pleasureCMonahanDined on 11/17/2013This is a nice spot for a casual dining experience. Brunch was great. Perfectly cooked eggs Benedict. Not your typical brunch menu, but something for everyone. You're always greeted as if you've been a regular for years. Just a great place to eat. Comfortable and cozy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at DoppioJeanneVIPDined on 11/15/2013Even though it was a packed Friday night our table was ready as we reserved on opentable. That was a plus. Had a drink a the bar first but bartender was a little too preoccupied with chatting with other guests/friends? We felt the portions were small for the price, the bolognese was bland, our waitress was rushing, the runners came to the wrong table twice, and the noise level made it difficult to have a conversation. Too many other restaurant choices in this town that present a nicer, more relaxed atmosphere and are more professional. Will not be returning.
- DisappointingWineNDineVIPDined on 11/15/2013We have dined at Doppio many times & thoroughly enjoyed the food, especially the pizzas & the artisan meat and cheese plate with homemade rosemary bread & a rare find, truffle honey. However, on our past visit many things feel short of what we had previously experienced. A mid-priced wine by the glass was unavailable (this happened on an earlier visit too) and substitutes were $15 per glass. The truffle honey appeared to be another substitution as the truffle flavor was non-existent. Finally the pizza was tasteless. To top it off this dinner with a few cocktails, 3 appetizers, 1 pizza, 2 desserts and a few coffees yielded us a $300 bill for 4 people. They say a restaurant is only as good as the last meal you eat there. How true!!
- Great place to eat in Huntington!drjeff77Dined on 11/9/2013This was our second trip to Doppio- food and service even better! The chicken special was superb as was the all the seafood....also great pizza and salad! Excellent service! This is a small place and a reservation is a must, particularly during a busy time....definitely worth a trip- with so many restaurants to choose from in Huntington- Doppio will not disappoint!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We decided on the spur ofdreamgoddessVIPDined on 11/3/2013We decided on the spur of the moment to try this restaurant on a Sunday afternoon. We were surprised when we walked in to see so many people in their 30's enjoying themselves - friends having brunch, young families, etc. The energy was very vibrant and a little loud since there is little in the restaurant to absorb the noise. I liked the extensive lunch menu - one can order off the brunch menu or regular menu. My husband ordered the French toast and I ordered the gluten-free pasta with chicken and spinach. We both really enjoyed our meals, although my husband thought his serving of French toast was somewhat on the skimpy side. I would like to return and experience other choices on the wide ranging menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too noisyJeffDined on 11/2/2013Lots of the reviews said this spot was too noisy...well it was. Waiter didn't write down order (never impresses me)....and it came out wrong. Maybe he should have written it down. Small portions. Dissapointing.Special Features:
- Great experienceL33tA2Dined on 11/2/2013I made reservations for a Saturday night, when we arrived our table was the only one left open for us. It was very busy, but this did not slow down our service which was very friendly and helpful. A bottle of wine some appetizers and entrees and we were done in an hour yet did not feel rushed either. I had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Way too noisy and crowded.amygailVIPDined on 10/26/2013Way too noisy and crowded. Good food but wont go back on weekendsSpecial Features:
- Great little place with a vibeMiteeaDined on 10/25/2013This is THE place to go when you've been everywhere and need something new and exciting. The atmosphere is great and the service is unparalleled. Kasey and Stephanie are amazing severs and your night will not be disappointing if you choose you done here I can promise you that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new spot in townLovelyLinda63Dined on 10/22/2013We are all locals who had wanted to go to Doppio for awhile. We were 5 women for a bday dinner and we all can't wait to go back with our husbands. Delicious food, very fair sized portions, fantastic wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not going back on a SatonthesideVIPDined on 10/19/2013Had never been to Doppio and it was Huntington restaurant week so we figured we'd check it out. When we were seated, we were given menus. I asked for the restaurant week menu and the waiter said it depended on what time it was (give me a break, the specials are available if seated by 7). We got the special menu and decided to order off that. The portions were a nice size and the food was delicious. However a silly little thing but I got the chicken scarpiella and it was served in a corning ware type dish. Sorry but give me a plate, not a trough, ok? We had a few glasses of wine. $15 for a basic glass of wine? Really? We may go back but NEVER on a Saturday - so loud by the end my ears were ringing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- best food in huntingtonbelleDined on 10/2/2013Food is excellent but appetizers and salads are offensively expensiveSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just ok... Food ok,Ziggi813VIPDined on 9/27/2013Cute restaurant at the end of the block in Village of Huntington. Dark restaurant that Gets loud. Menu font hard to read especially Since its small and it's dark. Not an exciting Menu at all. Lots of pizzas... Not great... Kinda Mushy dough.... Arugula salad just ok, main dish Chicken with potatoes was tasty but looked Unappealing when it arrived, husband had pasta Meat sauce he wasn't impressed. There are much Better places in Huntington to go.Special Features: