Dopo Teatro - Trattoria
125 W 44th Street
New York, NY 10036Neighborhood:
Theater District / Times Square
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Dopo Teatro - Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dopoteatro.com/
- Phone: 2128692849
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday 12:00pm-4:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday 4:00pm-11:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm-10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Dancing, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer exquisite Mediterranean fare for off-site catering events. For details please call restaurant at 212-869-2849.
- Private Party Facilities: Trattoria Dopo Teatro and its many private rooms can host a variety of parties, special events and elegant weddings. Trattoria Dopo Teatro and its many private rooms have hosted a variety of parties, special events and elegant weddings.
- Private Party Contact: Gianni Onofri 8772935179
- Entertainment: Enjoy your party with a dancing floor and DJ station available.
- Special Events:
Book your party with us, we offer private rooms, screen projector, wireless microphone, audio-video system, Wi-fi
We can accommodate 15 to 250 guests in private rooms.
Check on our web site all menu rates starting from $ 20 per person.
We offer $19.50 pre-fix Lunch from 12:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Trattoria Dopo Teatro welcomes you and your family
to an enjoyable meal of Italian Cuisine.
Contact Gianni Onofri at email@example.com or 212-869-2849
A word from Dopo Teatro - Trattoria
Dopo Teatro - Trattoria is a unique combination of extraordinary Italian cuisine, exquisite decor and affordable prices. Located in the heart of New York's Theater District, Trattoria Dopo Teatro is ideal for pre- and post-theater dining, offering a four-course pre-theater dinner for $24.50. Open seven days a week, Trattoria Dopo Teatro serves lunch and dinner daily, including Chef's specials and wine pairing recommendations. Appearing deceptively small from the outside, the restaurant's large main dining room, interior garden, wine cellar, grappa library and two additional private dining rooms, can accommodate a variety of occasions - from corporate events to private parties and elegant weddings. The outstanding food features homemade pastas, desserts and breads, and the service is friendly and professional. It's no wonder renowned New York City food critic Bob Lape calls Trattoria Dopo Teatro " Another star on Broadway!"Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dopo Teatro - Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
- Great food - terrible serviceReneeDined on 4/26/2014The food was very good, however the service was awful. Our waiter took our drink, app & entree order at the same time and then we didn't see him until it was time for coffee. Never came to ask if everything was OK. We ordered coffee & the check, but only the check came. We cancelled coffee, had it taken off the check, paid the bill & left! We were very disappointed & will not return!
- ITALIAN HEAVENOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2014This was an amazing find. We have eaten in many Manhattan restaurants over the years and never knew this existed. The good was outstanding, as was the service. My husband and I were very excited to have found this restaurant. Unfortunately, the restaurant is closing because the owner wants to open a steak place after 20 years. We wish him luck but we think he is crazy. If it's not broken, don't fix it! Real, authentic Italian restaurants are far and few between. We are very sad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- heard it's choosing...momanoodleDined on 4/25/2014I guess it's the end Of an era, they are ready to close, both in time and in quality.
- Great in Theater District1njgalVIPDined on 4/25/2014This wonderful restaurant is always consistently delicious. The red snapper is the best! Great ambiance….warm and welcoming…with losts of space for many diners. Tables spaced nicely…warm ambiance…great service. We also love the gelato with espresso for dessert. They offer an extensive menu including a pre-dinner menu if that is your preference. Highly recommend this wonderful establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FindYvette101VIPDined on 4/24/2014My coworker and I visited restaurant on April 24th and had the theatre pre-fixe menu which consisted of a salad, lemon tiapia with spinach and cheese cake. The food was delicious. The only downside was the waiter was not as attentive. We ordered a bottle of wine and had to pour it our selves. It was very busy, but that should not have stopped him to ask if everything was okay. Would definitely go back!Special Features:
- Right next doorNightowlsNightOutDined on 4/24/2014We were going to the Belasco, but this is convenient to most theatres. The food was quite good, the service courteous, and the price was "big city" reasonable. For me, it really doesn't fit any of the above catagories, but I would go again for a pre-show dinner.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice pre-theatre dinnerSuzicakesVIPDined on 4/23/2014My friend and I had a very nice dinner the other night before a show. We had the pre-fix and it was good. It's difficult to rate a restaurant on such a quick meal - especially on the pre-fix but it was a nice experience and we left happy!Special Features:
- RickDined on 4/23/2014Did the prix fix. Good wine pour, buy food was just average.Desert was deposited as soon as our plates were removed, they didn't even ask if we wanted coffee ( which we did)Special Features:
- Good Food and AtmosphereEat2enjoyDined on 4/23/2014It has always been a pleasure having dinner or lunch at Trattoria - Dopo Teatro. The food is very good, the service excellent, reasonably priced and the atmosphere relaxing and enjoyable. Although we only get into the City occassionally, we always feel right at home at Dopo Teatro.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointingRWLWVIPDined on 4/23/2014Went for pre theater lunch, ordered salads and the daily special. Forty minutes later, were told our food went to another table.....manager never came over to apologize. When it finally arrived, my caprese salad had 3 thin slices of unripe tomato....other meals were mediocre. Requested water twice, never had our glasses refilled. People next to us gave us their water pitcher. It was a rushed, terrible meal and none of us will return there.
- excellent pre-theatre dinnerEbeeDined on 4/22/2014Service and food very good. Cozy atmosphere. Excellent value pre theatre dinnerSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/22/2014I have eaten at Dopo Teatro several times and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- horrible serviceclindseyDined on 4/19/2014We were a group of 6. Our waiter seemed completely annoyed with us for no other reason than we maybe had a hard time deciding what to order. Perfect opportunity for him to help out I would think? He was also extremely, and visibly annoyed, that we wanted to split our checks. I understand that this is not a favorite thing among waiters, but every other place we went to on our trip at least pretended they didn't care and were more than happy to do so. Food was good, nothing to write home about. Good location. Would not go back.Special Features:
- WONDERFULTheatregeek5Dined on 4/19/2014I was so surprised that my food came within five minutes of my order. The servers were all friendly. The atmosphere was very welcoming and a place all would feel welcome to dine at. I wanted to catch an 8' o clock showing of "After Midnight". I arrived at 7:03 and my food came out around 7:10 P.M.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theatre dining.JoanVIPDined on 4/19/2014Our dining experience was perfect for a pre-theatre dinner. Nice atmosphere, good food, nice wait staff.Special Features:
- Not visitor friendlyNJJohnDined on 4/19/2014Food was very good and atmosphere was nice but service was a little slow. Won't accept AMEX travelers checks. No problem anywhere else in town with them.
- Restaurant Row ItalianJohnVIPDined on 4/19/2014We went for dinner on a Saturday night and it was an Italian Food factory. You order quickly and food arrives in minutes. Though service was a bright spot, in general the food was uninspired. One dish, the lasagne bolognese was very good, but the rest of the pastas were bland and/or under cooked (i get al dente and this was not it!). For a convenient pre-theatre option this would work, but in general there are dozens of better Italian restaurants in NY.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/19/2014I always stop here when I'm in town. Food is great and atmosphere is fantastic when you sit downstairs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A touch of ItalyLBbarbeDined on 4/19/2014this is the second time I visited Dopo Teatro. I loved the homemade pasta the first time and found it just as wonderful this time. I had a reservation but ended up sitting in the front and would not suggest doing that. Also, I had my granddaughter who is 5 and there was not much for her. We ordered her pizza which was way too large for her but the tiramisu was gone so fast....she's an expert on that dessert and she loved it.Special Features:
- Pre theaterLucyDined on 4/18/2014NYC jammed with people during this Easter week. Able to get away from "tourists" & enjoy a very nice lunch before theater @ a prize fix of $19 inc . a glass of wine. Gluten free pasta was available . This is my 3rd visit to Dopo & will definitely returnSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent pre-Theater DiningNoneVIPDined on 4/17/2014Service was quick and efficient; food was excellent; prices, moderate. A very good pre-Broadway theater option.
- Great mealBruceVIPDined on 4/16/2014I have eaten here several times for Pre and Post theater Broadway plays. Food is consistently very good with great, attentive, prompt service at reasonable prices. Has a nice Italian ambiance.Special Features:
- Good food not so great servicePatriciaDined on 4/16/2014My coworker and I went here for lunch and both the server and his assistant took a long time to bring out the menu, take our order, and bring out the food and the restaurant wasn't busy at all. I am not too sure if I will go back due to the service but have to give it props for the food which was really good.Special Features:
- Lunch at Dopo Teatro TratorriaPokieDined on 4/16/2014I went on a Wednesday, during lunch and the place was fairly full. There are two rooms, I sat in the front where the bar is also located. For this room there was only one waiter which I had to flag down again and again, once to order a drink, again to place my order. When my ceaser salad came without any dressing I could not find him, so I had to tell the hostess which in turn told a server and eventually I got my salad dressed. Spaguetti carbonara was good and I must say prices are very reasonable compared to other italian restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Good experienceC560driverDined on 4/13/2014We dropped in after the theater and found an energetic authentic Italian resturant. The food was very good, but I was disappointed by the house wines.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect endingToodlesDined on 4/12/2014The restaurant was a wonderful end to an enjoyable day.We intend to go back!Special Features:
- excellent foodbkkdineDined on 4/12/2014We went as a group of 5 for a pre-theater dinner. The place is very deceiving--very large when you get to the back and down the stairs. The fresh buffala mozzarella app and antipasto were wonderful, as were the homemade pasta dishes. Only complaint was the service--too few waiters for the full dinning room. We waited for drinks, dinner and dessert--and had to remind them about the coffee. We had a nice round table in the back, and we were noisy, as was everyone else, but it was not overwhelming.I would recommend this to a friend.
- pre-theatre italianSuePur911VIPDined on 4/12/2014italian place in times square. We sat on entry-level floor at 6pm on sat, it was full and the waiter told us there's another level downstairs that can seat 250. We informed him we had 8pm tix to which he replied "so does everyone here" (?) we ordered off the regular menu (including coffee and dessert) and got to the show on time, 4 blocks away. So, they hustle. There is a prix-fixe menu for pre-theatre as well. wine list is limited but we were able to get good red and white offerings. apps: fried calamar adequate. caesar salad good. Split mushroom risotto good and my guests split a shrimp/veggie spaghetti that was also good. dessert we split: profiteroles (good) and tiramisu (fantastic). overall, not spectacular but good for pre-theatre.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed this timekathleeng48Dined on 4/12/2014We arrived a few minutes before our reserved 6PM time. Our reservation only meant we would get a table, despite a simple online request to be in a corner. We were offered a table right behind the welcome center which would be noisy with people entering constantly. I declined.The hostess brought us to the rear and despite passing many tables for two, led us downstairs. Unfortunately, the table offered was right near the stairs and kitchen. The Osso Bucco was delicious, but my husband's Sea Bass special, despite good vegetables, was a tasteless chunk. The mousse cake, was good though. Overall, I felt as if I were eating int he middle of a subway during rush hour and spending too much money. The service though rushed, was good.
- Horrible serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014We were seated for 20min and no waiter ever came over to introduce themselves. Then when someone came over he did not say his name or say hello and got annoyed when I asked for a wine list. The restaurant was not full so there was no excuse of them being busy. I get that it is in Times Square and gets a lot of one time customers but it was my b'day and my mom and I wanted nice relaxing meal before a show and all we got was annoyed and horrible service.
- Dope-O TeatroSummitmomDined on 4/12/2014Would not go back - food was cafeteria quality with tourist trap prices. Looks like a small cafe in the first room and then 2 flights of stairs later we sat in the basement. I had chicken milanese which was clearly a frozen breaded chicken breast with a sparkling of arugula, oddly mozzarella cheese on top of that and potatoes as well? Just a weird combination and not that tasty. Appetizer of arancini was a warning of what was to come - deep fried with that kind of burnt oil taste - probably same oil for the fish. Did not complain at all - didn't want to upset my dining companions but really - skip this one.
- Tourist RipoffnolitianVIPDined on 4/11/2014We are local New Yorkers and wanted a place close to the theatre. I saw that they had a 1000 point table and decided to try this restaurant. Not worth the 1000 points. The food was bland, service was aloof, decor was from another era and quite dated and tacky - NEVER ACCEPT A DOWNSTAIRS TABLE. There is a Pre-theatre menu but the waiter won't inform you of that nor is there a description of it on the table as they want to up-sell you. We see many shows and go to the theatre district often and know the places are usually overpriced but this felt like a complete ripoff and we will never step foot inside again.
- good pre-theater menuwillVIPDined on 4/11/2014The price fixed pre-theater dinner was excellent and a great value. I had the fish special which was Tilapia. It was moist and the sauce was very good. My friend had the roast chicken which she said was excellent. The desert was a creamy New York cheesecake which we greatly enjoyed. At $24.50 per person it was an outstanding value. I will return to this restaurant the next time I have theater tickets in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2014We were a party of seven - the waiter, maybe trying to be funny?, just came across as a rude jerk - I guess because he knew his 20% tip was already included in the bill (which they do not alert you to, so it's a place where you will want to review the details) - The food was mediocre, at best, and not everyone received their dishes at the same time, and the drinks and wine, way overpriced - although convenient to the theater district, would not recommend - there are better options for you in the neighborhood -
- Nice placeHb123Dined on 4/11/2014Courteous wait staff, good food. Great for pre- theater dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun place for pre-theaterQualityFrugalityVIPDined on 4/8/2014Great location in the theater district. Great food. Spacious. Not the fastest service, but keep reminding them of your showtime. Good wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful prix fixdafnaDined on 4/8/2014The prix fix was simple and delicious everyday Italian food cooked with perfection. The by the glass wine list was excellent and when my partner did not like the wine she ordered, they offered her another label and did not charge her for the first glass. The waiters were attentive and patient. The atmosphere lovely. A great place for a pre-theatre dinner and I would even go back for a more leisurely time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- that's italian!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 4/5/2014I love this place and to be honest,I found it thru Open Table(it was a 1000pt. place)and while it no longer is the food is always fresh and home-made and service friendly and informative. For New York the prices,for what you get,are downright bargain.Special Features:
- Always DependableChrisBVIPDined on 4/2/2014A top-choice for pre-theater for me. Good food, well prepared, and before theater it's generally quiet enough for conversation. (Don't know about later.) Service is friendly and efficient. However, let them know you're there for pre-theater and the time of your curtain, or the may seem a little slow, which is all about allowing you to have a nice experience. You'll still never feel rushed, which is a big plus for restaurants in this neighborhood. There's something for everyone on the menu, and even those with dietary restrictions (like me) can find a delicious and satisfying meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prematinee diningJoanVIPDined on 4/2/2014Fine choice for good lunch prior to matinee. Convenient to most Broadway theaters.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.