345 East 62 St.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dopoeast.com/
- Phone: 6464846548x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday -Sunday : 12:00pm to 4:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Dinner Sunday: 5:00 pm - 10:00pm
Brunch on Saturday & Sunday 12:00pm - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We can provide a full Catering service, please inquire within
- Private Party Facilities: We have two private rooms. The Main floor can accommodate 74 guests and the Prive` Room can seat 20 guests in a total private area with private access from the street.
The private room is equipped with a screen projector, Wi-Fi, audio system. Book your party of 12 or more by September 30 and you will receive a 10% discount.
- Private Party Contact: Gianni Onofri 646-484-6548x
- Entertainment: Piano player Friday and Saturday
- Special Events: Enjoy your Lunch on our indoor covered garden. In addition to our regular menu, we offer a Lunch Pre-fix menu at $ 24.50.
- Cross Street: between 1st & 2nd
- Public Transit: Bus Crosstown and Subway on Lexington 62nd
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Parking Garage on 62nd street between 1st Ave and 2nd Ave and another garage on 62nd street between 1st Ave and York Ave.
Sunday parking available on the street, no meter.
A word from Dopo East
Traditional Italian restaurant located in the Upper East Side.Continued
We do delivery and pick-up. Please check the web site www.dopoeast.com
to see the menu.
We do delivery and pick-up. Please check the web site www.dopoeast.com
to see the menu.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dopo East reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (12)great for outdoor dining (7)romantic (7)fit for foodies (5)special occasion (5)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Fine dining experiencejnadieVIPDined on 10/9/2014Went with another couple and we were all very pleased with everything. The menu was diverse and the food was very fresh and well seasoned. Don't miss the ethereal tiramisu - the best I've ever tasted. We're even thinking of booking Dopo East for our annual book club dining event.Special Features:
- Food very disappointingBorisAndDianaDined on 9/9/2014Picked this place from a Gilt City deal. Was my 1st time using that & 1st time @this place. Food pic's were awesome looking & def why I chose the place. Was taking my friend out for a thank you dinner & I could not have been more embarrassed & disappointed w/quality & taste of food. Before order was taken, they served cold, hard, stale bread. Deal was restaurant-week style. AppetiEr salad was prob the best part of the dinner. I ordered the seared tuna entree...was a huge piece (great!) but overly seared & veggies served w/it had an odd taste...definitely not fresh. Dessert was shared & basically pre-packaged stale creme puff cut in 1/2 w/ice cream in the middle & poor grade chocolate syrup drizzled over it. Not going to risk a 2nd visit.Special Features:
- Good food with a nice soundnyweitzmanVIPDined on 9/5/2014The food and service is very enjoyable. But I love and added ambience of the piano and voice. It makes the meal every time. Con the single glass wine pours look light or us a smaller glass. The wait staff us very responsive.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Like al fresco dinner in ProvencejoannaVIPDined on 8/26/2014This is an upper east side gem. The food is delicious Italian (i've had a few of the pastas and the salads, all were top notch) and the ambiance is a delight. Specifically i'm talking about the back garden, which feels like a private paradise whether all the tables are full or you're the only ones out there. Perfect.Special Features:
- B Rod NYBRodDined on 8/16/2014The back patio was a quiet, beautiful escape from the pace of the city. The food and service were great, especially the homemade breads and croissants.Special Features:
- Fabulous foodOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 8/15/2014Dopo East is definitely A-list Italian food, and we say this as people who have high standards for the quality of burrata in Tuscany. The entrees were fresh and piquant (we ordered on the seafood side); the salads were bright and tasty; and to our great surprise and delight, the piano/vocalist duo were at once accomplished and unobtrusive. All in all, a wonderful place for a romantic dinner.Special Features:
- very classy place!!lethalDined on 7/2/2014Food and atmosphere were wonderful..................The place is great too if you are into healthy eating.........It however is pricey but you get what you pay for.......Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A wonderful surpriseEatoutinnycDined on 7/1/2014On an unattractive city street, I walked by a gem of a restaurant. My husband and I decided to eat there the same evening. Though not busy (a Tuesday), the food was excellent. My husband ordered Bronzina which he raved about. We both had fingerling potatoes as accompaniments, and they were mouthwatering delicious, as was the side of spinach. The service was first rate, and I loved the art on the walls and the aesthetics of the restaurant. A great find.Special Features:
- The following 114 reviews are from the Dopo East reviews archive.
- OK but a bit Disappointinggws58VIPDined on 6/20/2014The problem with a fantastic first experience at a restaurant is having a second one! I was here once and we had a terrific meal and the chef came out to talk with us. I told all my "foodie friends" about it and our group ate here recently ordering several dishes to share so that we could get a an overall "flavor" of the menu.The best thing was the risotto di mare with lovely grilled shrimp but the mark with missed with other offerings including a veal picatta that was too lemony and served with broccoli florets that surely came of a freezer bag. I would give it another shot this summer as it has a lovely garden and is nice place but they need to get that chef back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely PlaceDrFoodieDined on 6/8/2014Great service and Italian food! Used a gilt city coupon and had a great salad and dinner meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RESTAURANT IN TRANSITIONShellyS38VIPDined on 5/15/2014This charming neighborhood gem is undergoing a transformation. New management is undertaking a look at how to make this a really fine restaurant. presently it is disappointing.Special Features:
- JushVIPDined on 4/23/2014Cosy place with excellent quality food, and lovely relaxed but upmarket ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor Service, Quality and Wine!LMDNEWYORKERDined on 4/18/2014We were done with out appetizer before we got water & then later were finally served our wine. Squid ink gnocchi w/shrimp, no taste, mushy & only 2 shrimp. Shrimp, asparagus & tomato w/pasta lacked sauce for pasta & no flavor. Everything needed salt. Waiter served wine, never seen him again. $55 bottle of wine had severe sediment & should have been decanted before serving. It is expected from 10 year not 2, improper storage. Brought to their attention, said couldn't do anything about it & the manager then continued talking about us very loudly in front of other customers he didn't realize I was waiting for the restroom and heard him. Very rude! Bill for 4 was $300+ & still needed to eat after leaving! Avoid this place
- Great findTanteDined on 4/2/2014A great local find, menu balanced, excellent presentation and most important delicious. I will return soon and tell my friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood chicPJfoodieDined on 3/27/2014Wonderful ambience and friendly competent service, never pushy, attractive for the value - excellent food and good wine at a reasonable price in a lovely atmosphere. Only downside is the somewhat obscure location in mid block.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CACOPHONY! PANDEMONIUM! HULLABALOO!WoodyVIPDined on 3/1/2014If it wasn't for the EXTREME noise level, this would restaurant would be a favorite. The service was friendly and efficient and the food was sensational. It's small, but the tables are not right on top of each other and so gives the first impression that you will by enjoying an intimate dinner. Guess again. I can't overstate how LOUD this restaurant is. My date and I sat right next to each other and we could barely hold a conversation. As much as we enjoyed every other aspect of this little gem, we will not return.Special Features:
- We got to the restaurant andmlllDined on 2/24/2014We got to the restaurant and it was closed. Open table should not have allowed us to make a reservation
- The pasta dishes vary in sizeOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2014The pasta dishes vary in size according to its shape, generous spaghetti or linguine, skimpy gnocchi and panzerotti. The last one was served so cold I never questioned till the end whether is was a summer dish. It wasn't ! Noise level prohibits conversing or enjoying the beautiful piano music.Special Features:
- Great food & service. Fancy.gxxrDined on 2/21/2014We came with a group and asked for a quiet table. There was a lady singing the whole evening, which was certainly a pleasure, yet unexpected and just a tiny bit too loud for the quiet table. The wine was excellent (except the one we returned. No problem). The food was all excellent, except the strudel desert. Overall it was a great dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, good serviceDkd726VIPDined on 2/8/2014The only thing that I wasn't expecting was the piano player and singer. Very talented individuals but I could have done without it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/7/2014Great food, wine and beautiful live piano and singing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lana0305Dined on 2/1/2014Restaurant is new and clean.Food is delicious, great wine and coctails, amazing ambience with live music, professional and attentive service . I recommend this place for a romantic night out since it is quiet, has soothing dim lights, live piano player. Relaxing. Far from the madding crowd.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/28/2014The chef came out and is from Italy. The food is really delicious, and is of very high quality.Special Features:
- Despite being one of onlyMichaelVIPDined on 1/25/2014Despite being one of only a few couples in the restsurant, our waiter was invisible and inattentive. It took four requests to get bread and olive oil. Portions also microscopic.
- Exceeded Expectaationsldn3000VIPDined on 1/23/2014Comfortable dining atmosphere, friendly service and well prepared dishes that could stand a bit bolder seasoning.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was pleasantly surprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/18/2014I was pleasantly surprised this past Saturday night. I live in the neighborhood and the restaurant had been recommended to me by a neighbor. Loved the piano player and singer; food and service were great. I would go back and definitely recommend the restaurant to a friend. It was quiet and a very comfortable dining room. We loved it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Evening OuttoallyMAKDined on 1/11/2014Casual Elegance We had an awesome night here. Everything about our experience was top notch from the attention to detail such as the candles lining the stairs, to the lovely, friendly, professional staff to the creative, delicious food to the beautiful piano music.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice piano and voice complimentsnyweitzmanVIPDined on 1/4/2014Nice piano and voice compliments the food and atmosphere on a Friday or Sat nightSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectCacsVIPDined on 12/24/2013Christmas Eve dinner was truly memorable, with piano music to serenade us, wine pairings, and impeccable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quiet, understated brilliance.VictoriaVIPDined on 12/19/2013This restaurant was phenomenal; the staff were so personally invested in making our experience absolutely perfect. The atmosphere was very quiet and romantically lit, and it was festively decorated for the holidays. My boyfriend and I both absolutely loved our meals, which were authentic and genuine Italian dishes that made our night incredible. It was an expensive meal, but the restaurant was a tucked away gem that would be perfect for any special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second chanceOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 12/7/2013After having our last meal comp'ed because of a complete disaster, we gave them a second chance, and to our pleasure and some surprise our meal from start to finish was very enjoyable Some small details could/should have been better (my soup wasn't as hot as it should have, and my wife's carpaccio should have been thinner and chilledI would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas with the kranksHarryDined on 12/7/2013the whole experience was blah... and I would never think of returning was seated at the bottom of the stairs and the whole meal was mediocre at best and service was poor
- Sleeper RestaurantUESFOODIEVIPDined on 12/3/2013I'm not sure why this restaurant is as "quiet"" as it is because it excels in all areas: food, service and ambience. It is not a "happening" place, but don't we have enough of those anyway? Food presentation is excellent as well. My only criticism is to bring back some of the old menu items such as lamb chops and pizza. Maybe pizza seems pedestrian, but when it is done well, why not? It makes a fun appetizer for the table. I recommend the octopus salad. I am not one to order it, but I will going forward. Just excellent! I have yet to have the pasta, but the fish is also well-prepared and delicious. Glad it is easy to get a res!Special Features:
- GREAT FOOD! LOVE IT!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/23/2013Went to Dopo on Saturday and sat next to the terrace. I felt transported to another place. The garden gave me a peaceful and warm feeling. I was glad to see the new paintings that make the place warmer and more moderne. I was greated like a movie star since Alex and all are very warm and they make you feel at home. Service was great. There is a larger staff nowadays. I tasted a number of dishes and they were all well prepared and with a beautiful presentation. What a great meal!!! It was complemented with a piano player and a great singer. Great experience run dont walk to try Dopo. It is a very special place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FantasticPaulfromCTVIPDined on 11/23/2013It gets better each time. I would highly recommend Dopo Teatro East to anyone who enjoys authentic Italian food.Special Features:
- Unexpected delighful spotdiandreDined on 11/16/2013I was so pleased to find this gem of a restaurnat on Open Table. One is never sure of how it will be when trying a "new" restaurant. The person who accompanied me lives on the upper east side and will be scheulting return vistis to Dop Teastro East in the future.Special Features:
- Great discoveryfoodieVIPDined on 11/14/2013The man who ran the Leopard at the Hotel des Artistes has opened this place with extreme care about the quality of the cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DOPO TEATRO E MULTO BENE!gws58VIPDined on 11/12/2013The food really shines here and I would put in the "very good" category of Upscale Italian in NYC, and there are several! To get to that "very good" place the restaurant offers a nice ambiance and attentive service but the food sets it apart. Very thoughtful and innovative choices, all fresh and delicious. I am not a desert eater but I was coaxed into "sharing" by my date and the pumpkin pudding with mascarpone mousse and a balsamic reduction was truly out of this world. The rib eye steak seafood pasta and beet salad also did not disappoint. Chef Patrick from Florence came to our table and that topped off a terrific meal. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- This wsa my second time diningOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/8/2013This wsa my second time dining here and I will return. Everything was wonderful. Our reservation was for 10, so it was pretty quiet. I only hope that this restaurant stays busy and thrives. It is great to have it on the upper east side.Special Features:
- Food was greatPaulfromCTVIPDined on 11/2/2013The food was very creative and you could see the chef spent time preparing the menu specials. The piano bar was a nice touch and the volume was not nice and the atmosphere was very welcoming. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.