Doolan's Shore Club
700 Highway 71
Spring Lake, NJ 07762Neighborhood:
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Doolan's Shore Club
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.doolansshoreclub.com/
- Phone: 7324493666
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday: 12:00pm - 8:00pm, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: 2:00pm - 8:30pm, Saturday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Abel Urena
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Doolan's Shore Club has enjoyed a reputation for over 50 years as one of the state's most popular banquet facilities. Recently voted "The Best Banquet Facility in Monmouth County" (2010 APP Readers Poll), The Shore Club has the perfect setting for your celebration whether it be a Wedding, Anniversary, Birthday, Graduation, Shower, Communion or Rehearsal Dinner. Our large ballrooms and ample parking make us an ideal location for school events such as Proms, Retirement Dinners, PTO Fundraisers and Awards Dinners. And over the years, Doolan's Shore Club has been host to many corporate events for some of the area's most prominent businesses. Our experienced staff knows the importance of attention to quality and detail and will be happy to help you plan your next special event. Come in, visit with us, and see the kind of quality and value we offer at Doolan's Shore Club Caterers.
- Private Party Contact: Vicki Palmer 7324493666
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment in Lobby Lounge - check website for schedule
Special Events, i.e. Ballrooom Dinner Dances, Comedy Shows, Luncheon & Dinner Shows
A word from Doolan's Shore Club
The new Shore Club Grille features prime steaks, fresh grilled seafood and other specialties, all of which come with a choice of salad and potato making it one of the best values and best kept secrets at the Jersey Shore. Side dishes like creamed spinach, sautéed onions & mushrooms and grilled asparagus complete the menu along with all homemade desserts from the in-house bakery.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Doolan's Shore Club - Best Restaurants in Spring Lake ›
Doolan's Shore Club reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
romantic (10)special occasion (9)good for groups (8)vibrant bar scene (6)fit for foodies (6)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (5)neighborhood gem (5)great for lunch (1)notable wine list (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- serviceTomNBarbDined on 9/6/2014the service is wonderful Alex is the best. we love to dance when Bobby sings we always have a great time at DoolansSpecial Features:
- we love to dance to BobbyTomNBarbDined on 8/30/2014the music is why we come. the food is great and the drinks are wonderful. We had Alex to serve us and he is so wonderful. couldn't ask for anything more.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JoeMVIPDined on 8/21/2014A great experience as usual. Very good food and terrific service. Great value and great music.I would recommend this to a friend.
- darkkidzralrite5Dined on 8/20/2014The room needs to at least have the shades open. .. was like a morgue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth checking outAnnMVIPDined on 8/15/2014Attentive service, very good food, nice specials, quiet dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomNBarbDined on 7/19/2014We love to eat and dance to Bobby on saturday nights. the food is great, we had a small problem this last time with our survere. She never came to ask if we wanted dessert or coffie. Alex was wonderful and helped us with both dessert and coffie. We will be back we love it thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- delicious dinners friendly placelovetoeatDined on 7/12/2014They were very kind to us. My mom has a portable oxygen concentrater they made it easy for us. Music and dancing, we did partake....I enjoyed it thoroughly.Special Features:
- Too many other optionsOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 6/28/2014Mediocre food, horrible service. There's too many other options at the Jersey shore to waste your time and money on this place.
- Doolan'sAnneVIPDined on 6/28/2014Doolan's is a great place to have a delicious meal at reasonable prices!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SKIPPERDined on 6/25/2014Special Occasion. Took my sweetie and her daughter and husband to Doolans to celebrate my sweeties birthday.. 'Twas a suprise to her when her daughter showed as she did not know that I had invited them.. We all ordered the Prime Rib, and it was delicious. Every thing that came with the Prime Rib,(salad,potaro's,veggies and the bottle of wine that I ordered were all "TopNotch as was the choices from the desert wagon.. All of us enjoyed the evening and will surely go there again..In fact, We are planning to try the Sunday specials tomorrow. 4STARS to a fine restaurant!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoolansYodalovesmeDined on 6/22/2014Very pleasantly surprised. this was part of a Travelzoo deal with $50.00 in dining credits. I had a salmon with mango and some other sweet fruit I cannot remember the name of. Fantastic. Prime rib that my date ordered was outstanding according to him and he is a carnivore!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomNBarbDined on 6/21/2014We come to see Bobby Ballack and dance to his music. The food is very good we both enjoy the fish selections. Your bar tender is a lot of fun. We will be back as often as we can on Saturday nights.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice stopLparsaVIPDined on 6/13/2014A spur of moment decision and found wait staff very attentive. Food was very good and reasonably priced. There were several specials to chose from. Wiil return for some if their summer activitiesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bobby is the bestTomNBarbDined on 5/24/2014We come to dance to Bobby Ballack he is great. The food is great too but we come to hear Bobby sing and will be back many times on a Saturday night. Your bar tender is a lot of fun and makes a great drinkSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 88 reviews are from the Doolan's Shore Club reviews archive.
- Noisy, poor service and bad foodAndrewGDined on 5/17/2014This was not a good experience. It took nearly 3 hours for a group of 4 to have dinner. The waiter was rarely around to provide the necessities like water, more bread, to take our order, to check on our order and to bring the check. The food was not very good, especially for the prices. My wife and I had the filet mignon which was over cooked and tough. That's not how a filet should be. And the icing on the cake, a live performer, who actually was very good, however, the volume was way to loud where we could not truly enjoy the conversation the 4 of us were trying to have. Overall, we did not have a good time for the $105.00 we paid for dinner for 2.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/25/2014food was very good and a very reasonable price. will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doolan'sAnneVIPDined on 4/11/2014My husband and I had the Friday Night Special...Only $59.95 for two, which includes a glass of wine or beer, an appetizer, entree and dessert. We started with a Caesar Salad, which was excellent. Then, I had the Filet Mignon and my husband had the Rack of Lamb. Both entrees were delicious! For dessert we had the warm apple strudel with cinnamon ice cream. Very, very good! We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a great steak...reasonableOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/5/2014Had a great steak...reasonable prices but poor wine list.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Very Happy Birthday Dinner!LucyDined on 3/22/2014My husband and I celebrated his birthday with a Chateaubriand for two. It was amazingly delicious. ..not just the meat, but also the vegetables were done to perfection. There was live music for dancing and we enjoyed that too. The hostess and wait staff were professional and attentive.. The only downside was with a very noisy group next to us, but that was not due to any shortcoming on the part of the management but rather because some people get very loud when they drink. When we requested a move to a table across the room for our entree course, we were graciously accommodated with no apparent offense to the other group. It was a really nice evening and we would not hesitate to recommend Doolan's to someone else.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pretty AverageMargeDined on 3/9/2014Food was ok but wine list is lacking in many brands. Restaurant has an early closing time on Sunday night so we felt a bit rushed as the waiters scurried to clean up around us. I was not overly impressed.Special Features:
- Great meal at Doolans.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/20/2014Four of us had a great meal at Doolans, Thursday night (20th of February). We were able to talk without screaming at one another because there were not a lot of people at the restaurant. The food was delicious and cooked as we ordered it. Service was outstanding and we would have dinner there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines DayLizaVIPDined on 2/14/2014Loved the atmophere of dining-dancing to a performer! I just love a good super club!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good food.CarlVIPDined on 2/8/2014Had a great dinner from their Date Night Menu. Service was great and the entertainment on this Saturday was very good. Love Doolan's.Special Features:
- DoolansAnneVIPDined on 1/24/2014The food was very good and very reasonably priced. I was pleasantly surprised... I will definetly go back!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old Spring Lake VenuetravelerDined on 1/19/2014Good Value, Sunday special Filet Mignon Complete Dinner. My wife enjoyed the Duck Breast with Figs and Leeks. Young eager server. Reasonable bottle wine prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NIGHT ON THE TOWNLuv2eatoutDined on 12/27/2013i HAVE BEEN TO DOOLANS MANY TIMES AND DO NOT HESITATE TO RECOMMEND IT TO ANY ONE. WE WENT THERE FOR THE ENTERTAINMENT (SOUNDS OF THE STREET) THEY WERE GREAT AND THE FOOD AND OUR SERVERS WERE ON THE SPOT THOUGH OUT THE NIGHT. WE WILL DEFINITELY BE BACK. THANKS AGAINSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasingly surprised! It wasHostVIPDined on 12/24/2013Pleasingly surprised! It was the perfect spot for our family Christmas Eve dinner. We plan to return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Fun Friday NightEastCoastKidVIPDined on 11/22/2013For an entertaining evening, make a reservation for dinner in the bar area on a Friday night. There is a wonderful menu to enjoy coupled with a night of dancing to the Waterfront Duo. It's a musical throwback to the 60s, 70s, & 80s that you will truly find enjoyable as you sing the lyrics to a lot of songs that you know. It's well worth a trip for the cuisine and entertainment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Dining at DoolanswineanddineVIPDined on 11/3/2013Since being introduced to Doolan's 8 years ago, I've probably been here 4 or 5 times. It's been about 4 years since the last time, but I find it about the same; good food as well as service. The patrons have always struck me as mostly seniors. The appeal is certainly a value for money as well as a nice selection of foods. Overall, a very pleasant restaurant in Spring Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine DiningLuv2eatoutDined on 11/1/2013Whenever we are looking for a place to dress up and feel special, we go to Doolans. We know we we"re in for a special diner and entertainment if it is scheduled. The food is always fresh and well prepared. Will definely be back. PS - All members of their staff make you feel comfortable from start to finish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was a great little placeLindaDined on 10/13/2013It was a great little place with great food. I would go back in a heartbeat.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sounds of the StreetnightoutDined on 10/11/2013They are a wonderful group. We love coming, listening and dancing. The wait staff is very attentive. The other guests are fun and friendly. The price is great for a whole evening out. We like to bring other couples with us, we just alert them to the fact that the food is only so-so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerFredKDined on 10/8/2013We enjoyed a very delicious dinner with polite and attentive service. Great presentation of our main courses. Affordable wine list. We also stayed at one of their motel rooms -- we would stay elsewhere in the future, but would return to the restaurant in a heartbeat.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Part of Our StayBethesdaM1keDined on 10/3/2013We spent a long weekend at the Shore Club. The dinner was the best part of our stay. My wife had the lamb chops and i had the prime new york strip. Both meals were outstanding. We would certainly recommend dining there if you are in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Doolans does itDPapDined on 9/14/2013Excellent food, excellent cocktails at moderate prices. Great service and a wonderful atmosphere along with music and dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Good Experience and Lots of Fun !goodeatsDined on 9/5/2013We enjoyed the dinner very much. The scallops and steak were delicious. The waiter was very efficient and a very pleasant young man. Overall we had a lovely dining experience and would definitely eat there, again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was over priced andOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2013The food was over priced and the music was too loud.Special Features:
- Very pleasant dining experience.HARRYTEDined on 8/25/2013Very pleasant dining experience. Specials and sunset menus are very reasonable. Food preparation very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Elegant and affordablekardan1026Dined on 8/24/2013The food was top notch along with attentive service. My husband and I were there on a Saturday night which is Doolans date night. We had a full course dinner of ceasar salad, lamb chops, surf and turf a bottle of wine with dessert for $94.00. The food was amazing along while we listended to a great singer. I would recommend them to anyone who has the opportunity to dine out in Spring Lake.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Choose From The Main MenuPearlDined on 8/23/2013Went there for a special night of Dinner and Dancing. We made the mistake of ordering from the Price Fixed Menu. For $54 for a couple, you get what you pay for. 1 glass of wine each, 4 shrimp for an appy to share. We laughed when it came. My husband's lamb chops were very good but very small. My stuffed lobster tail was also very small. We also needed to share dessert. This was a raspberry and whipped cream phyllo dough creation. Very good also. Just not enough food to satisfy you. Next time we will order off the Main Menu and hopefully get enough to eat. We had actually thought about stopping at McDonald's before going home. All in all, a lovely place. Wonderful night out and large dance floor. Just not enough food!Special Features: