Don's Pomeroy House
13664 Pearl Rd.
Strongsville, OH 44136Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Don's Pomeroy House
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.donspomeroy.com/
- Phone: 4405721111
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Arnold
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: We offer smaller intimate rooms for parties of 2 to 26. We can also accommodate parties of up to 48 and up to 90 at select times. Booking the whole restaurant can always be discussed.
- Private Party Contact: Dan Stroemple 4405721111
- Entertainment: Every Tuesday in our pub we offer live Jazz from 6:30 to 9:30, the seating in the Pub is on a first come first serve basis.
A word from Don's Pomeroy House
Don’s Pomeroy House is a beautiful 167 year old historical landmark.The service is warm and truly friendly. We have an approachable, quality wine list. The fresh menu selections feature pristine Seafood along with USDA Steaks and Chops which are regarded as some of the finest in Northeast Ohio. This is the perfect place to dine and relax, entertain business or enjoy any special occasion. We offer several private dining options. There is also a lively pub, drawing a crowd where the atmosphere is casual and practically everyone knows your name. During the warmer months, alfresco dining under our canopy of trees is simply one of a kind. Please note, The Pub and The Patio do not accept reservations and are seated on a first come first serve basis. The Patio is non-smoking. Simply put, we offer a unique cool atmosphere, warm friendly service and excellent quality food. We are located 10-15 minutes from Cleveland Hopkins airport, we hope to see you soon!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Don's Pomeroy House - Best Restaurants in Strongsville ›
Don's Pomeroy House reviews from OpenTable diners
79 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelQuiet
special occasion (65)romantic (47)neighborhood gem (30)fit for foodies (22)great for outdoor dining (21)good for groups (18)notable wine list (18)great for lunch (10)hot spot (6)great for brunch (6)vibrant bar scene (5)late-night find (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Great restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014We are fortunate to live so near to this wonderful restaurant. The atmosphere is always welcoming and the food is delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceyumtimeDined on 9/5/2014This is a place we go for special occasions like birthdays and anniversary. We also like to bring friends there. My husband likes all the seafood choices and I get a steak. It is always good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014While the menu was a little on the expensive side, the food made it worth the cost. Attentive staff added to the luxury feeling this restaurant has. I would highly reccomond this place to any family or friends. Great for celebrations, or sharing a special night with a loved one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014As always, it was a great evening and celebration. We have never been disappointed and the food was wonderful.Special Features:
- Reliable3baadogDined on 8/28/2014We like to try out different restaurants for special occasions but if we want to go to a place close to home we choose Don's Pomeroy House. We can always count on the food and service to be excellent. We have never tried the patio but have gone to the Pub for a less formal meal and enjoyed it just as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favs in CLE!WillDined on 8/22/2014We've dined here numerous times and it's always a pleasure! Great food, service, and atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great Evening at Don'sDannancyDined on 8/8/2014We recently met friends for dinner at Don's Pomeroy, which proved to be a great dining experience. Our server, Tammy, was the best! The food, ambiance and recommendations made by Tammy added to the enjoyment of the evening. Don's is always a consideration for celebrating special occasions or an intimate dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuickBuickDined on 8/8/2014Great for entertaining customers! The food a service are always top notch.Special Features:
- ExcellentFrequentDinerDined on 8/5/2014One of our favorite restaurants! We enjoyed our dinners and the service was very good. We had a birthday in our party and they gave us an eclair to celebrate... Awesome! The hostess gave us our requested table! We'll be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special dinnerBonappetitDined on 8/2/2014Excellent food and wonderful service. Have been there several times and has always been excellent. Great for special meal or dinner out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service needs improvmentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/1/2014Been to this place a handful of times and enjoyed it. However on this visit the service was very very slow. Not sure if they were understaffed for the evening or not, but it was almost to the point of being unacceptable.
- Classy ElegantTGHPRHDined on 8/1/2014The main dining area has beautiful decor, food was excellent and the entire staff was friendly, professional and engaging.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was greatgkohioDined on 7/12/2014Everything from the hostess to the service to the food was great. I would return. Maybe a little pricey but good.Special Features:
- Not sure what the hype is about.Glinda12VIPDined on 7/5/2014The food was ok, but not worth the price. The ambience was ok, but tables were way too close together for such a small dining room. It was very loud when we went. The server had no personality and didn't even smile each time she came to the table. I will not be back.
- Interesting PlaceFashionStarDined on 7/3/2014Interesting decor, very quiet dining area upstairs. We didn't find anything extra ordinary on the menu. None of the ordered dishes made us say "Wow! That's amazing! Never had anything as delicious before!" Nice place to visit once, but I wouldn't go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatc foodACSenDined on 6/26/2014Excellent food and service, perfect for anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentMIKE44147Dined on 6/21/2014A favorite restaurant for a quiet romantic evening for my wife and I.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don's Pomeroy HouseWashingtonDCDined on 6/21/2014Fantastic restaurant with wonderful ambiance and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite placeMarkatDined on 6/17/2014We absolutely love Pomeroy House and have never had a bad experience there. The staff is always top notch and in summer the patio is a wonderful place to sit with friends and enjoy the evening!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All4reservationsDined on 6/15/2014We were pleased with the restaurant staff in general, and with the food. My only complaint is, I asked for a very quiet table and we were seated by a table with children. The young lady was well behaved but the young man kept getting out of his seat or bouncing up and down in it. Since it was later in the evening and there were other available tables I can't imagine why the hostess didn't make a snap decision and seat us across the room. We enjoy this restaurant and will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Problems with timingvwxyzDined on 6/14/2014Hi there, We were a little surprised that our 30-dollar Scallop entrée only included 3 scallops and a dollop of mashed potatoes. When they arrived they were lukewarm, along with my aunts pasta primavera which had crunchy undercooked vegetables. My wife's lamb however, was perfectly done and the right temperature which leads me to believe the kitchen was not timing the meals very well. This is also the first time we have seen pasta primavera with 3/4" wide soup noodles...but whatever...? They did take the scallops back and warm them to a proper serving temperature, .....without too much of a loss in texture. They also offered us a complimentary dessert to help make up for the problems. This place needs some work to get 5-starsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- freewheelinfoodieOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/13/2014I always enjoy Don's but this time after I had eaten and got home, I became extremely ill. I think I must have eaten something bad. I have never had that happen before, but makes me wonder! Also I am in a wheelchair and I wanted to use their bathroom only to discover, the only way to get up the flight of stairs which was on a stair glide meaning that I would have to try and transfer and they would drag my wheelchair up and down the stairs! This does not solve the accessibility problem for people who cannot transfer on to the chair! There are better solutions out there!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/6/2014Outstanding, consistent high quality of food and serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BuickBuickDined on 6/5/2014The Menu changes are nice and give a picky eater a wide variety of choices. The Bread is AWESOME.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don PomeroyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2014This is one of our favorite seafood restaurants. My husband does not like fish but I do. So far we never had fish there that to him taste "fishy". The grouper was really good. They have excellent scallops. We liked their calamari a lot. Service is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 419 reviews are from the Don's Pomeroy House reviews archive.
- charmingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/20/2014Outstanding ambiance and excellent food. Attentive service.Special Features:
- Special occasionBearDined on 5/17/2014We celebrated our anniversary and husband's birthday. Requested a quite table (per reviews) and they sat us in a little alcove. It was very private but could still see out into the dining room. Presented us with a very large éclair as a complementary dessert for the celebrations. I had the scallops from the Simply prepared section and they were melt in your moth (no sand) good. My husband had the Strip steak and it was prepared perfect, Medium had a warm pink center. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- JudyDined on 5/17/2014Food was not as good as usual, it was also served lukewarm. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- Perfectly ConsistentAaronDined on 5/13/2014Excellent establishment that meets all quality expectations; service, dining environment, and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Dining ExperiencePeteDined on 5/10/2014Celebrated Mother's Day with my wife, daughter and son-in-law and, overwhelmingly, everyone enjoyed the food, atmosphere and service. Made a special evening more special with high quality food, service and an extensive and varied menu.Special Features:
- FoodLoverDined on 5/10/2014Crab cake and chips and dip were good. Everything else was just okay.
- Atmosphere great, food so soSullyhrDined on 5/10/2014Uninspired menu except for the Brussels sprouts app with bacon, yum. The charcuterie was very boring and light handed for the $16 price tag. Pork chopp good, but nothing special. If you want a nice place for masking an impression, this is the place. If you are looking for a foodie experience, keep looking. Service was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversarycharlieDined on 5/9/2014Enjoyed a great dining experience with our friends both couples celebrating anniversaries.Special Features:
- have loved it in the patJbird2319Dined on 5/9/2014I love Don's Pomeroy House but our lunch there recently was just so-so. Service was sub-par. When I asked abut the specials she said she would find out. shouldn't she already know? When she came back she read the off a card and wasn't even sure what some of it was. This is just too nice of a restaurant for that kind of service. The food was okay. I have had far better there.Special Features:
- Pomroy House always is greatluv2dineDined on 5/8/2014The four of us really enjoyed our evening at Don's Pomroy House. The food as always was excellent and our waiter, Kevin, did an excellent job of serving us. Kevin was very attentive but not obtrusive. We always enjoy our visit to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & Great Foodmjmtx18VIPDined on 5/6/2014From the moment the Hostess greets you to the time you leave, everything is well done. By far, a memorable experience. Jerry, our waitress is an asset to this establishment. The food was excellent. By far, one of the best gems in the Open Table network. Job well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellence RememberedMikeyDined on 5/6/2014We had not visited in several years. And that was a mistake. Don's Pomeroy House is, in every way, a superior dining experience, and we won't let any time pass before our next visit. The food was exquisite, the service impeccable, and it was nice to be able to hear the people at our table without having to shout to be heard. Quiet is a virtue!Special Features:
- A Great Place to CelebrateDaveVIPDined on 5/4/2014My wife and I have been dining at the Pomerroy house for a number of years. We like to celebrate special occasions at the restaurant. Sunday we went with our youngest daughter and her husband to celebrate her 1st 29th birthday. We had an early dinner 4:00pm, the restaurant was not busy at that time and were seated immediately. The appetizers of calamari and stuffed mushrooms were delicious. The French onion soups and the seafood chowder were a hit. We ordered steaks and seafood all wonderfully prepared. When discovered we were celebrating a birthday our waitress bought out a large eclair with a burning candle that was shared by the table. Our waitress and the entire staff provided wonderful service. Dons Pomeroy House is a home run!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable Dining Experiencei82muchDined on 5/3/2014It was very refreshing to be seated in a small room and to enjoy a more intimate dining experience. We did not have to scream to carry on a conversation. The food was delicious and just the right amount. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable Eveninghappy2eatDined on 5/3/2014We ate at Don's Pomeroy House to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary. It was our first time there. I had requested reservations through OpenTable. I indicated on the reservation request that we were celebrating an anniversary and would like a cozy table. When we arrived, the hostess wished us a happy anniversary which I thought was attentive and lovely. We were seated at a very private and cozy table which was perfect for the occasion. A surprise chocolate éclair complete with candle arrived after we finished our dinner. The halibut and walleye we ordered was delicious and outstanding, and our server provided cheerful and excellent service. We would recommend this restaurant highly, and will dine there again.Special Features: