Don's Bogam BBQ & Wine Bar
15-17 E 32nd St
New York, NY 10016Neighborhood:
KoreanPrice: $30 and under
Don's Bogam BBQ & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.donsbogam.com/
- Phone: (212) 683-2200
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: 12:00pm - 3:30pm
Daily: 3:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Barbecue, Korean
- Executive Chef: Chef Woo Kim
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Don's Bogam BBQ & Wine Bar
Don's Bogam is a Korean BBQ restauarant where delivers enjoyable and superb quality of upscale korean food to various gourmet and New Yorkers. Along with widely-known Korean BBQ, we also offer a bar which provides extensive yet exclusive list of red and white wine and popular Korean liquor. Moreover, customers would attentively experience Korean style table that offers real gas grill to cook bbq right in the front and a spacious leg room for maximum composure unlike other typical Korean restaurants' Korean style lay-out. Many New Yorkers have been experiencing our magnificent service and taste of entrée' for years and it is time for you to visit us and enjoy!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Don's Bogam BBQ & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
38 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelEnergetic
good for groups (26)fit for foodies (15)special occasion (8)neighborhood gem (6)hot spot (4)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)notable wine list (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Amazing FoodKaseyDined on 11/9/2014The food was all delicious, and the quality of the meat was great. The side dishes were all tasty as well. I'm not sure if you have to order rice separately, but we were never offered any and it dawned on me at the end that that's why I still felt a bit hungry, even after all of the meat. However, the meat was so amazing that I wasn't too bothered by this. The server was not very friendly or helpful, so that's the only downside. The seating is really different and cool.Special Features:
- Nice food, nice placesam123Dined on 10/23/2014Meat is a bit pricey but tasty, other options are cheaper and equally good. Nice atmosphere, great place to bring visitors for 'authentic' Korean BBQI would recommend this to a friend.
- Unique ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/12/2014Never eaten at a Korean restaurant before so this was a first. Food was very good as well as the service. But for a group it was expensive.Special Features:
- Crowded Sunday eveningFoodieVIPDined on 10/5/2014Don Bogam is by far the best Korean BBQ in town with consistently great food. Make sure to reserve early to get a BBQ table on the elevated area. The tables by the kitchen are noisy and not very cozy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceEatingOutDined on 9/27/2014First time attending upon recommendation of a friend. Was entertaining two friends from out of town. Waiter was very nice and English friendly. Was first time for Korean BBQ for some of the people in our group and waiter was good about explaining some of the choices. Very helpful hints about best way to enjoy some of the dishes. Happy to supply additional lettuce wraps. Great food and perfect exhaust system! Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/13/2014if you are young and noisy its a great space, very attractive-Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- After Soccer DiningfeedthedeerDined on 7/30/2014Eight of us entered at 10pm, ordered an appetizer and several items from Cook Your Own BBQ. Each dish was very good - not one of us had a complaint about any of the dishes. However, the service left much to be desired. Although it was advertised that the kitchen closes at 11:30, they made it known to us that they would not take BBQ orders after 10:15. The restaurant is supposed to be open till midnight, however, they had the check ready for us just after the BBQ was cooked and we were settling down with it.Special Features:
- The following 34 reviews are from the Don's Bogam BBQ & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- Food was good but needs improvementOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/25/2014We had to comstantly ask for extra lettuce and garlic and sauce. For korean people there should be pelnty of lettuce and scallions. We thought they were very cheap with the vegies and sauce. It was really annoyingSpecial Features:
- Birthday dinnerwerdna77Dined on 7/3/2014Brought a friend here for his bday dinner when he specifically asked for Korean BBQ but wanted to try somewhere different than out usual spot. We may make this out new "usual" spot when the urge for BBQ hits!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Korean BBQ in the cityFoodieVIPDined on 6/28/2014The best Korean BBQ in the city. Whenever I have friends or family visiting, they want to go there. Try their seasoned Galbi and Bulgogi, the sesame Panjeon, Japchae, and Kimchi Jiggae. Can't wait to go back there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clean Korean bbqedgeVIPDined on 6/26/2014This is on the 'other' side of Ktown (b/n 5th and Madison, as opposed to 6th where it's closer to the touristy shopping area) so it's less crowded and really cleaner than most other ktown restaurants on the row. They care about the reservations and have a sign that says all parties to arrive before being seated. Not sure how true that is, but I was seated w/o one person of a group of 4. It may be true that the prices are more expensive than other places, but the meat cut here is more thick and the service is better than most others too. The servers I felt were more professional and polite; treating like you a guest in their home. Women be careful and avoid wearing skirts as getting in/out of some tables maybe a bit difficult.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealLindseyNYVIPDined on 6/21/2014We've taken friends and family here many times and everyone has always been impressed. Fresh ingredients, great food, reasonable prices, good service (sometimes excellent, other times just OK, NEVER bad). Not very good for an intimate date night, I don't think, because it can get a little loud. I highly recommend it for groups and families.Special Features:
- Korea BBQ experienceDilbrettaDined on 6/13/2014My friends always wanted to sample Korean BBQ, so we chose to come here. The BBQ table placement was awkward for tall friends of mine. It was challenging to get in and out of the BBQ table. We enjoyed our BBQ experience. We would not come back for the BBQ table placement, but for meal on regular table.Special Features:
- Great food, great serviceJoanneVIPDined on 6/10/2014We all had to be present to be seated, but we didn't have to wait long because everyone had arrived within 5 minutes of each other. We were seated immediately by two very friendly hostesses. The waiter was attentive to us the whole time, and also helping clean our table every time it was messy! He even helped to fold our paper placemats because my boyfriend and I chose to sit in front of the grill, which had narrower table space. The fried dumplings are a must, and so is the beef tongue. On top of that, we ordered bulgogi as well as the samgyeopsal. Both were very good, but we ordered more beef tongue because the meat was incredible. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Korean BBQIheartNYfoodVIPDined on 5/31/2014I LOVE this Korean BBQ restaurant. The food is consistently delicious and flavorful. It's a fun place for a group of up to 6. The seats are a bit hard to get into, so don't wear a dress/skirt.Special Features:
- good for groupsOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/22/2014We had a great time here celebrating a graduation. Easily suits parties of 6-8. Food was good, though I haven't had haven't much Korean barbeque before. The portions of the bolgogi are very large, 2 plates is enough for 3 people. The illusion of sitting at traditional tables also adds to the fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Great ServiceMeadowBrownDined on 5/11/2014We took my Mom here for a special occasion. She had never been to a Korean restaurant. The staff was friendly, informative and very welcoming. The barbecue was tasty, and they patiently answered all of our questions and made appropriate suggestions whenever we asked. This was my third time, and I'm sure I will be back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for big parties!MandyLooDined on 5/10/2014We had 10 people in for a bachelorette party. The staff was very fast and helpful. They honored our reservation even though we were late. The food was delicious. Well-seasoned. It's good for both people who like an eating adventure those folks whose idea of dinner out is a steak house. We shared four grill entrees and several appetizers, and it was plenty for 10 women. With a beer or two, the tab only worked out to about $40 per person. The only bad thing was the awkward sunken table, which was bad for a bunch of women in skirts. It was hard to sit down and get up in a ladylike manner. Don't wear a skirt!Special Features:
- Consistently GoodDannyBDined on 5/6/2014Our overseas friends were delighted with their experience here. A great alternative to a heavy steak dinner with choice cuts cooked infront of your eyes. We had the seafood plate to start followed by the steak BBQ. Look forward to our next trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine Korean BBQtinooVIPDined on 4/27/2014Great dining experience. Service was attentive. Especially loved the freshness of all the ingredients.
- Lots of fun!kimsDined on 4/12/2014This restaurant is a lot of fun for a group. The food is very good, and the atmosphere just lends itself for a party. The Bulgogi is the best I've had. Also, highly recommend the pancakes. Not cheap, but worth it for a fun night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious but priceySashy73Dined on 3/29/2014I went to Don Bogam's as a party of 5 to celebrate my mother's birthday. We ordered 2 of the cook your own bbq, 2 rice dishes and 2 appetizers and had 2-3 rounds of beers for a bill totaling $230 w/o tip. I was abit nervous because nobody in my party other than myself had been to korean bbq and they were all a little hesitant about it but I am glad to say they were all very happy and thought the food was delicious but not really filling. If each person is getting their own dish I think people can get full. In terms of sharing, this restaurant is probably more worth it for those with small appetites. Like I said, it was good, but a bit too pricey to not be full in the end.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Korean BBQ without the smellNisaVIPDined on 3/22/2014They have vents to suck the smoke from the table!!! Soooooo awesome! The service here is impeccable. Many diners have noted they are expensive for Korean but I found the prices to be comparable with most Korean BBQ joints. Plus, the ambiance is a little more upscale. The food was great. I really liked the radish sheets they serve with the bbq instead of rice sheets. What a healthy alternative. This is one of my new favorite Korean places.Special Features:
- Fun food time!jenycVIPDined on 2/1/2014I love coming here for Korean BBQ. I suggest making a reservation as it can get busy and full or get there early. Also, your whole party must be there before they seat you. The BBQ tables are actually set down, so it looks like you are about to sit on the floor, but there is space underneath for your legs. And you're sitting in a legless chair with a back. It can be awkward if you don't pull the seat out first. But it's super fun. You get a lot of small starter dishes, typical of Korean restaurants. Note that you have to order at least 2 bbq dishes to sit at the grill tables otherwise they do have some regular dinner tables. The servers cook the food for you on the BBQ. We also ordered the pancakes and kimchi stew, so tasty!Special Features:
- OKBubblesDined on 1/25/2014It was good but not great. They asked us to leave before we were ready, and they mixed up are credit cards when they charged us. I think there are better alternatives for Korean BBQ in the area. It wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't ever go back.Special Features:
- Great serviceProperlyDined on 1/4/2014I organized a family gathering here. Though the section for groups of more than 10 has less ambiance than the rest of the restaurant, our group appreciated that it was more modern looking and less crowded than our regular Korean BBQ spots. It seemed less smoky than other restaurants too. The staff was very helpful, happily explaining the food while they cooked for us (also a nice touch, we could catch up instead of worrying about cooking). The food was delicious of course and well proportioned for our group -- the staff said portions were small but it suited us and we had no need to over order -- in fact, we spent less than we normally do for our big gatherings. Food was delicious, and korean pancakes were amazing, definitely order those.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/3/2014Love the food, service is friendly and restaurant is clean. I have dined here multiple times and never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Korean BBQMRoseVIPDined on 12/29/2013Love this place. Have been 3x this year and recently went with my family (pretty picky Asian parents and Italian brother-in-law). They loved it! Get the Galbi -- it's delicious. Only thing was that my parents were elderly and had a hard time sitting in the main area with the grill tables. Ask ahead for regular chair seating if you're with anyone who is slightly immobile!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good experience.JskingDined on 12/24/2013We really enjoyed eating there. We turned up 30 minutes too late without calling on Christmas Eve and they had unfortunately given our table away. I thought I was going to end up having to take my kids to a cheap take away place but they accomodated us 20 minutes later with a table where we enjoyed our fine barbecued korean food that was served very fast. Really enjoyable. The waitress was very sweet and cute to the point where my son who's 11 fancied her...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Korean food this side of SeoulJamesVIPDined on 12/23/2013The food and service were outstanding. The side dishes are fresh and authentic. My kids keep asking me when we are going back again and I tell them, "Soon!!" The wine list is also very good. If you want to experience real Korean BBQ and food, this is the best I have found in New York.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Korean BBQLady14eatsalotVIPDined on 12/20/2013We went with 10 people and ordered many different dishes that were a big hit with everyone. I highly recommend the octopus in noodles and the Kim chi and scallion pancakes. Place was clean food came out at a good pace and we had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great find for group dinnersfoodieluvswinoDined on 12/14/2013Always looking for a restaurant where the food, ambiance and price is conducive to a group dinner. I finally found the place. Excellent quality meat, great side dishes and good variety - plus portions and prices that our group of 8 was thrilled with. The service is friendly and not overbearing. The restaurant even suggested that we bring our own birthday cakes for dessert, which was great! We had a wonderful time! We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The banchan (side) dishesNYVISITORDined on 12/2/2013The banchan (side) dishes were horrible. They were small and tasteless. The food portion is small . With a high price tag of $35 we only got 10-12 small pieces of Kalbi. The dishes are for 1 person's portion only so if you've 4 people you need to get at least 4 orders to get enough food. The service was not good at all. There were only 2 tables when we were there and we needed to ask the waiters to add water several times. The only smiles we got from the waiters were when they knew we tipped them 20%. For a table of 4 people, that's not bad. We spent $175 for 4 people on 5 small dishes and we had to eat ramen in another restaurant afterwards. I would not go back...should not be Michelin recommended at all....Special Features:
- Good for a group...with caveats.RJNJVIPDined on 11/30/2013Went here for a birthday celebration and was asked if wanted bbq table, and we said yes. Be warned that it means you'll be given a table where you have to slide in and hang your feel underneath; it's an odd setup, and those with mobility issues should ask for a regular table. Once seated, everything was fine;the quality of the meat was excellent and the service moved pretty quickly. On the other hand, this place is pricier than other comparable places in K-town, and the main reason we had chosen it is that few restaurants in K-town will issue a reservation on Saturday night for the large group we had online and admittedly at last minute. Overall, while very nice, not sure we'd go again given how we're fine with cheaper options.Special Features:
- Horrible service!FoodieDined on 11/25/2013There are many Korean restaurants in the area with much better service and equal if not better quality food. I would not go back to this place and would not recommend it to anyone.
- My favorite Korean RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/29/2013I love this place. Everything is good and the quality of food is top notch. The best bbq meat in town. I would try the saeng kalbi first. This is not non-marinated beef. This meat is very marbled and tender. Then I would try the marinated and if you are going to go spicy do that last.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for, great service.AFLNYCVIPDined on 10/25/2013Great for, great service. My only gripe is about the minimum of two barbecue orders per table with a barbecue. This meant that for a table of 7 we needed 4 orders, when we had a few vegetarians who wanted to order a la carte items
- The Best Korean Food AroundRubyDined on 8/17/2013The food at Don's Bogam is excellent and the atmosphere is lovely. It's quite modern and clean, and the tables feel private, with half walls topped with empty wine bottles (it sounds funny, but it looks cool) separating the areas. The bar is clean and cool - a comfortable place to wait for the rest of your party to arrive. It's the best Korean food I've had - I love the silky tofu appetizer and the dol sot ba bim bop (hot stone pot) dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RushedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/14/2013First time there, thought the food was good, but felt rushed to eat and leave. Order one plate at a time or you will be brought them all within minutes apart, Costly eveningSpecial Features:
- Not too much variety on theSakimaDined on 8/2/2013Not too much variety on the menu; beef, seafood or veg seem to be the main options. Very expensive, especially the cook your BBQ , in which they do in front of you like Hibatchi; this is a bit different from other Koren BBQ places I have been as you cook yourself. Interesting seating, very fun. Good alcohol options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.