Donovan's - Phoenix
3101 E Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Donovan's - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.donovanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6029553666
- Hours of Operation:
Cocktail lounge opens at 4 pm nightly. Dinner Service begins at 5 pm. Monday-Thursday: 5pm - 10pm Friday-Saturday: 5pm - 10pm Closed Sunday and Major Holidays. Special Holiday Hours may apply.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Thomas Hunyady
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Featuring classic American music, including Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong, and Ella Fitzgerald.
- Special Events: Donovan's Martini Hour, Monday - Saturday from 4:00 - 8:00pm. We offer complimentary USDA Prime Filet sandwiches from 4:00 - 6:00pm.
Donovan's also has 8 private dining rooms, for private dining or receptions that can accomodate 8 to 120 guests.
A word from Donovan's - Phoenix
Donovan's rich and intimate ambience is enhanced by world-class unobtrusive service. The Chef serves 100% USDA Prime beef 100% of the time. Donovan's wine list of over 700 wines features the best the world has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Donovan's - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Donovan's - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
181 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (152)romantic (121)notable wine list (75)fit for foodies (71)neighborhood gem (42)good for groups (31)vibrant bar scene (14)hot spot (9)late-night find (5)great for lunch (3)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- First visitOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/17/2014Bar was outstanding; happy-hour steak sandwiches were super; good price for drinks. Dinner was very good but not the best in town.Special Features:
- King of SteakAl929VIPDined on 9/15/2014The Ribeye was impeccable. One of the top 10 of all time.Special Features:
- Donovan's Doesn't DissapointChiGalDined on 9/13/2014I can't say enough about this restaurant and the way they treat us. They remembered us from dining there before. The food is the best. If you want prime meat, this is the place to go. I think it is the best in Phoenix. Our meat was cooked exactly as we ordered, as it should be, but a lot of restaurants mess that up. You also a choice of potato and a vegetable at no extra charge. Other prime steak houses don't do that. The sides you pay for are generous in size. We were seated in a smaller room in the back and we really liked that. The manager came to see that everything was perfect. Donovan's is elegant but not stuffy. We always have fun there. I can tell you we will be back again! Thank you Tina, Bret and Raul (our servers).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/12/2014The hostess obviously did not look at our reservation, she sat us at a table right by the door and the kitchen and the bathroom. I had asked for a private seating at least a booth. I asked for a new table, how bad is that make a reservation and she seats us by the door!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special eventOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/12/2014This was a great restaurant for a special event. The food was delicious. Sides (potatoes and veg.) came with the entree so that was very nice. The decor was a little old fashioned for my taste. However, it was a quiet, romantic dinner. I would go again.Special Features:
- Donovan's 1DonandCharlies1Dined on 9/12/2014First time at Donovan's, we had great service. Everyone there was very friendly. The martini we had were good but were at least 1/2" below the top of glass. Felt they should have been poured 1/8" form top. We started off with the bacon rapped scallops. They also were good but not seared very good. I had the rib eye steak, the best I have tasted, flavor fully and cooked perfect. Wife had the Halibut. Also excellent. Ended with a cheesecake with strawberries. Fantastic, not a crumb left on the plate. Overall very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occasionsLJ047Dined on 9/11/2014We visit Donovan's about twice a year for a birthday or anniversary celebration and it's always been an amazing experience. The ambience is very nice - dark wood, low lighting; comfortable but not a feeling of pretentiousness. We have been to all of the other "fine dining" steak restaurants in the Phoenix area and Donovan's is our favorite and the only one we'll visit for special occasions now. The food is absolutely amazing, what else can I say? The meals we ordered included vegetables and a potato side - not a la carte like the other restaurants. Yes, Donovan's is pricy, but it is well worth the experience.Special Features:
- Great Group Dinner DiningGr82eatVIPDined on 9/9/2014We had a party of 12 and were assigned to a nice room next to the scenic, massive wine room. My party totally enjoyed our appetizer and entrees which consisted of the filet mignon, salmon and porkchop. The waitstaff was very attentive and made sure that we were satisfied with our meals and desserts.Special Features:
- Loved this amazing place!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/8/2014Took my boyfriend here for his 21st and they could not have made it any more special. I am so glad we chose to dine here everyone was so friendly, informational, and so on top of everythinh! Every single person we talked to wished him a happy birthday from the hostesses to the manager. I will Definitley be coming back to this amazing restaurant for another special occasion. I cannot thank them enough, especially Tina for making this dining experience one that we will never forget. I would Definitley recommend this restaurant to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM!!luvagoodmealDined on 9/6/2014The crab cakes were great! The steak was consistent and tasty. Overall, wonderful meal.Special Features:
- anniversary30thanniversaryDined on 9/6/2014Donovan's was absolutely one the finest dining experiences we have ever had. service was excellent, food was beyond description. i would definitely recommend this establishment for any occasionSpecial Features:
- desertloverDined on 9/6/2014Had a very enjoyable evening. When we told them we were celebrating our anniversary, they but rose petals on our table!Special Features:
- Busmann69Dined on 9/6/2014Our overall experience was real good but I had raved about this place to 3 of my friends and when we were seat we were seated in a back room away from the main dining room and that's what I had wanted them to experience. We were in a room by ourselves and that was not what I had expected. Totally ruined the night for me, instead of a 5 star review I gave it a 3 and that's because the food and service were great but was so disappointed in the total experience.Special Features:
- Excellent SteakhouseWillymyVIPDined on 9/6/2014This is our favorite steak house in Phoenix. We went for our anniversary and everyone in the restaurant greeted us with a Happy Anniversary. We share the 10oz filet which was prepared perfect. All in all it was a very good meal.Special Features:
- AwesomeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014The staff and chef were extremely accommodating to my food allergies and needs!! I was very impressed!! We took my mother out for a special occasion, and she loved it as well!Special Features:
- Great Food Great ServiceHertyDined on 9/2/2014Donovan's has become my favorite steak house. The prime steaks are the best, personable attentive service, all in a wonderful atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donovan's Never DisappointsPHXLouisVIPDined on 9/2/2014As usual, cocktails and dinner at Donovan's make for a wonderful evening. I enjoy the cool, dimly lit ambiance of the cocktail lounge and will often sit at the bar before dinner to enjoy couple of cocktails. Dinner is always delicious at Donovan's. The steaks are superb as are the seafood selections. What's also nice about dining at Donovan's is that with your entree, you get a choice of potato and a seasonal vegetable, unlike some other local steak houses, where everything is a la carte. Service is always amazing and Sarah and her team do an outstanding job. What's not to love about dining at Donovan's?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014Steak was great cooked perfectly. Fish was bland and over cooked
- AmazingDirtyMartiniDined on 8/29/2014Dinner at Donovan's is an incredible experience. I love the 20s ambience and style. Service was exceptional. Steak was cooked a perfect medium, the seafood tower was fresh and the raw oysters were the best I've had in ages. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food Great, Service w/ Sarah RulesBigKahunaDined on 8/29/2014The food at Donovan's is never in doubt. The corn fed beef and the seared steak delivered to your table is a given. It will be perfect. What made the night was Sarah. She is the lead server and is a rock star. She made every guest feel like you are her only table. It is a team effort but Sarah makes the team. I had the cajun ribeye, and it was the tastiest one ever. The searing of the steak made the exterior cripsy and kept the spices on the steak. The interior was moist and retained the ribeye flavor. Add to it the pan fried potatoes, and you have a memorable dinner.Special Features:
- FantasticsosaDined on 8/28/2014I was very impressed with the service I received from your staff. I was celebrating my 5 year anniversary, and your establishment exceeded my expectations. Needless to say, I will be refer Donovan's to all my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So sounderwhelmedVIPDined on 8/27/2014We were a party of four. Service was attentive and knowledgeable. Beet salad was fair with 5 small sections of beet and some shredded. Chop salad was the best ordered. Steaks were very good. Two pork chops were tough and overcooked. Prices ridiculous.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/23/2014My only critique is that we waited longer than usual after we were finished to receive our check. Otherwise it was fantastic as always.Special Features:
- Spectacular!HappyAnniversaryDined on 8/23/2014First time visitor to Donavan's and now they have a new customer for life. Planned our 20th anniversary there and no regrets whatsoever. Staff was incredible, food equally incredible, experience was unforgettable!Special Features:
- Good SteakOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/23/2014This is the best steakhouse that I've had in Phoenix. My wife and I go here when we get the LIVINGSOCIAL deal (2x). We've had the filet both times and were impressed. I've heard the Seafood Tower is a must to order and would like to try next time.Special Features:
- Great experienceizbcnusoonDined on 8/23/2014I took my girlfriend there and she and I were so impressed from the valet who parked our car, too the hostess who walked us to out table, too the excellent professional wait staff. The steak was over the top best cut of meat I've ever had! Compliments to the shelf. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Dining ExperienceRevoDined on 8/21/2014First time going to Donovan's....It was our anniversary so we wanted to try something new ..that had good food...good wine list and good service..we were very happy with the entire experience..from making reservations online...excellant bartender...the service was excellent...the food was EXCELLANT...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AMAZING!DoobsterDined on 8/20/2014Every time we go to Donovan's, we are blown away. The service is top notch (thank-you Sarah and crew!), the food is impeccable, the atmosphere is perfect for a quiet dinner for 2, and the cocktails are delicious. This is the way a good restaurant should be. HIGHLY recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donovan'ssteaksrusDined on 8/19/2014Classic steakhouse décor and ambiance reminiscent of the old "Cattleman" restaurant in 1960s New York City. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the side dishes were delicious. Donovan's has a friendly, inviting atmosphere, easy access from the street, convenient valet service, and competitive pricing. I would recommend Donovan's to my friends and family.Special Features:
- LarrySueDined on 8/16/2014Delicious steaks, great service. Salad was delicious - bread served warm and steaks cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful serviceangelaDined on 8/16/2014do not go here if you actually want service to match the price
- GREAT DINNINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014MY DINNER WAS PERFECT I HAD STEAK AND TURF. ALSO I FELT MY SALAD WAS A LITTLE TOO LARGE. MY HUSBAND 'S VEAL CHOP RARE WHICH WAS COOKED PERFECT. I ALWAYS ENJOY MY TIME AT DONOVANS THE STAFF IS GREAT AND FRIENDLY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversarykennVIPDined on 8/16/2014Donovan's is our first choice for those special occasions. This was our 3rd wedding anniversary in a row we dined there. Food and service are always top shelf. We dine 6 plus times a year at this restaurant, and have never been disappointed. We went for the steaks, but once we tasted the lobster tails, WOW, best we have ever had (I am from Boston). Our#1 spot to dine.Special Features:
- kk1102Dined on 8/16/2014Always a great meal at Donovans. Our wait staff was great and gave us plenty of time to chat and look over the menu. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG AwesomeChicago2AZDined on 8/9/2014Love going here!! Wishni could eat here ever week!! Start with the seafood tower!! Worth the price!! Had a 16oz ribye and I was honestly the best steak I ever had at a restaurant!! The staff is super friendly and poised to serve!! Will be coming back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Note to chef:OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014Steaks were ordered medium, but came raw first time and rare second time. Friends had the opposite happen. Wonderful ambience and quality, but chef needs to get it right the first time!Special Features:
- To expensiveDateNightDined on 8/9/2014The atmosphere was awesome, very quiet, clean and fantastic staff!! The food was good but not amazing for what you pay for it! You are definitely paying for the service!! Steak bland, calamari served with what tasted like tarter sauce, scallops over cooked. Disappointed!!Special Features:
- Special night out with daughterCarman754Dined on 8/8/2014We had a great experience and our head waiter Jay did an outstanding job, made great wine recommendations and made sure we were taken well care of but not intrusive. We both had the Kansas City Strip special and they were done perfectly and there was just enough time between appetizer and main course delivery. Not very busy for a Friday night which surprised me with the great food and service but it is in the middle of a hot summer so understandable, If you like fine dining and a great wine selection I would give it a 4 1/2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Donovan's exceeded expectations! They not only delivered exceptionally prepared food they did it with excellent service and friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014One of the most delightful, memorable and fantastic dining experiences I've hadSpecial Features: