Donovan's - Phoenix
3101 E Camelback Road
Phoenix, AZ 85016Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Donovan's - Phoenix
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.donovanssteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 6029553666
- Hours of Operation:
Cocktail lounge opens at 4 pm nightly. Dinner Service begins at 5 pm. Monday-Thursday: 5pm - 10pm Friday-Saturday: 5pm - 10pm Closed Sunday and Major Holidays. Special Holiday Hours may apply.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Thomas Hunyady
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Featuring classic American music, including Frank Sinatra, Nat King Cole, Louis Armstrong, and Ella Fitzgerald.
- Special Events: Donovan's Martini Hour, Monday - Saturday from 4:00 - 8:00pm. We offer complimentary USDA Prime Filet sandwiches from 4:00 - 6:00pm.
Donovan's also has 8 private dining rooms, for private dining or receptions that can accomodate 8 to 120 guests.
A word from Donovan's - Phoenix
Donovan's rich and intimate ambience is enhanced by world-class unobtrusive service. The Chef serves 100% USDA Prime beef 100% of the time. Donovan's wine list of over 700 wines features the best the world has to offer.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
Donovan's - Phoenix - Best Restaurants in Phoenix ›
Donovan's - Phoenix reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since April 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (168)romantic (123)notable wine list (88)fit for foodies (67)neighborhood gem (43)good for groups (40)vibrant bar scene (15)late-night find (8)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Donovan'sOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Classic steakhouse décor and ambiance reminiscent of the old "Cattleman" restaurant in 1960s New York City. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the side dishes were delicious. Donovan's has a friendly, inviting atmosphere, easy access from the street, convenient valet service, and competitive pricing. I would recommend Donovan's to my friends and family.Special Features:
- LarrySueDined on 8/16/2014Delicious steaks, great service. Salad was delicious - bread served warm and steaks cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014do not go here if you actually want service to match the price
- GREAT DINNINGOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014MY DINNER WAS PERFECT I HAD STEAK AND TURF. ALSO I FELT MY SALAD WAS A LITTLE TOO LARGE. MY HUSBAND 'S VEAL CHOP RARE WHICH WAS COOKED PERFECT. I ALWAYS ENJOY MY TIME AT DONOVANS THE STAFF IS GREAT AND FRIENDLY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wedding AnniversarykennVIPDined on 8/16/2014Donovan's is our first choice for those special occasions. This was our 3rd wedding anniversary in a row we dined there. Food and service are always top shelf. We dine 6 plus times a year at this restaurant, and have never been disappointed. We went for the steaks, but once we tasted the lobster tails, WOW, best we have ever had (I am from Boston). Our#1 spot to dine.Special Features:
- kk1102Dined on 8/16/2014Always a great meal at Donovans. Our wait staff was great and gave us plenty of time to chat and look over the menu. Had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OMG AwesomeChicago2AZDined on 8/9/2014Love going here!! Wishni could eat here ever week!! Start with the seafood tower!! Worth the price!! Had a 16oz ribye and I was honestly the best steak I ever had at a restaurant!! The staff is super friendly and poised to serve!! Will be coming back again and again!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Note to chef:OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 8/9/2014Steaks were ordered medium, but came raw first time and rare second time. Friends had the opposite happen. Wonderful ambience and quality, but chef needs to get it right the first time!Special Features:
- To expensiveDateNightDined on 8/9/2014The atmosphere was awesome, very quiet, clean and fantastic staff!! The food was good but not amazing for what you pay for it! You are definitely paying for the service!! Steak bland, calamari served with what tasted like tarter sauce, scallops over cooked. Disappointed!!Special Features:
- Special night out with daughterCarman754Dined on 8/8/2014We had a great experience and our head waiter Jay did an outstanding job, made great wine recommendations and made sure we were taken well care of but not intrusive. We both had the Kansas City Strip special and they were done perfectly and there was just enough time between appetizer and main course delivery. Not very busy for a Friday night which surprised me with the great food and service but it is in the middle of a hot summer so understandable, If you like fine dining and a great wine selection I would give it a 4 1/2Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & delicious foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/7/2014Donovan's exceeded expectations! They not only delivered exceptionally prepared food they did it with excellent service and friendliness.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/6/2014One of the most delightful, memorable and fantastic dining experiences I've hadSpecial Features:
- DisappointedmegsterDined on 8/2/2014Was REALLY wanting to treat my son to a great night out for his 19th Birthday. The only people I saw hustling were the bus boy and valet. The ambiance was okay, although at the next table were a couple with their 1 year old, moving around the already crowded tables chasing their child. It took our waitress "Sarah" 20 mins. to take our order; 25 mins. to receive our plates, and 15 mins. back to the Chef because each of our $50.00 plus Filet Mignons was undercooked (steak eaters of 3 at $50.00 each)! back. Total fail.
- Best Steak in TownJohnVIPDined on 7/31/2014Cooked to perfection and good portions make this a favorite of mine. Superb for entertaining clients.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Donovan's ReviewLynnDined on 7/26/2014We love Donovan's. We took our two best friends to celebrate their birthdays. The food and service were excellent as usual. They even brought us two deserts on the house to help celebrate our friends' birthdays and a piece of cheesecake that they wanted us to sample. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paying for the experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was great, but over priced. You can get the same quality of at other restaurants for around half the price. You pay for the atmosphere and status quo. My wife and I had a wonderful evening and the staff was awesome I would recommend Donovan's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/26/2014I have been to many of the fine dining restaurants her in Phoenix since I move here in 2008 and Donavan's is one of my top 3.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and great serviceMedicDined on 7/26/2014My wife and I were visiting Phoenix and found this on a reference page from the Marriott hotel down the street. What wonderful service and fantastic food. I cannot think of a better place for steak or seafood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014The food was amazing and it was great service. We had gone before for our anniversary, this time my nephew paid for dinner. The Australian Rock Lobster was the best I have every had.Special Features:
- 5 stars!!CaptHammerDined on 7/25/2014Would definately recommend to anyone looking for a fine-dining restaurant, between the atmosphere, food quality, and outstanding service, this is the best restaurant between Los Angeles and Houston!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- drunknloveDined on 7/19/2014We walked in and the ambiance was awesome. Dark wood walls, white linen table clothes and soft candle light at the table equals perfect. Our serving team was very help and very enthusiastic about our dinning experience. The entree was good but we have it lacked that over the top taste that one would expect from a higher end restaurant. The dessert however was very good and enough for two to share romantically. Overall it was good meal but a bit price for a good meal. I would recommend this to a friend if they are looking for a pricey meal with great ambiance and very good service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TJPSurpriseDined on 7/18/2014We celebrated my mother's 89th birthday with family and dinner at Donovan's. Wow, what an awesome meal once again! The service is impeccable and the food simply follows suite. We look forward to the next chance we have to dine at Donavan's where the food and atmosphere is memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Summer pre fix dinnerNdngolferVIPDined on 7/17/2014The filet and blue cheese medallions were very good, and the value was great. Came with a salad, or soup, potato, and cheesecake. So much I had to take the desert homeSpecial Features:
- Night outFoodontarget123Dined on 7/14/2014Always top of the list for wonderful dinning. Quality food and very, very knowledgeable servers.Makes everyone feel at home.Special Features:
- kk1102Dined on 7/12/2014We always enjoy our meals at Donovans. Wait staff is very attentive and super nice. Food is always exceptional!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- retuning customersgrayfoxxDined on 7/11/2014I would eat here a lot more often if it wasn't so expensive. I had a Living Social Coupon so we went there for dinner. The food is excellent; so is the service. But way over priced. Eddie V's in Scottsdale is a good alternative.Special Features:
- Not worth the pricetnlawDined on 7/11/2014Donovan's attempts to be an upscale fine-dining restaurant, but surely misses its mark with the food. The prices are not reflective of the food quality. The Caesar salad was drenched in dressing and the ribeye was smothered in demi glace. Overall the food was bland with little flavor. The crab legs were full of water and tasted as though they had been frozen. The potatoes au gratin were limp and ineffective. Spent $140.00 on dinner for 2 without alcohol. Very disappointed and will not be going back. On the positive side, the wait staff was extremely attentive.
- LovetodineDined on 7/7/2014We always have a great experience at Donovan's! Best steak in the state!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Parents Idea of Fine DinningRichieDined on 7/5/2014The good and bad is that nothing changes here. It's a very traditional menu that might have been developed 30 years ago. Great steaks. The desserts were uninspired. Boring.
- azcowboyDined on 7/5/2014Don't like places that only have Valet Parking. All items were way overpriced. Was hoping to get Prime Rib. Not on the menue. Went there to impress and i had a Groupon Coupon. My guest was impressed but I wasn't as I I was picking up the tab. Even with a Groupon that gave me a $40.00 discount it was too expensive
- Anniversary dinnerWaltBDined on 7/5/2014Incredibly tender filet mignon. Wife's Australian lobster surprisingly delicious. Huge side-dishes, wonderful bread.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best steak in PhoenixChanceVIPDined on 6/28/2014We traveled to Scottsdale for vacation and invited some family out for dinner. I had read multiple reviews from locals recommending Donovan's as the best steak in Phoenix. Being from southern California I have eaten at the Donovan's in San Diego area and had always be impressed with food and service. Phoenix was no different. everything was outstanding. I like my steak rare to medium rare, some of our family like theirs well done. everything was as ordered and even the well done was moist and not over charred. I have had some great dinners at Durant's over the years and it was my "go to" place for steak in Phoenix. Now I have another.Special Features:
- ALL GOOD - Great for business dinerBandoVIPDined on 6/25/2014Service, food, beverage selection is all very good. perfect for business meetings and wine selection. one of the best in area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurantreversenowbirdDined on 6/24/2014This is a great restaurant if you love steaks. There are other choices on the menu but the main reason to go is for red meat with red wine and an excellent cocktail to start. I have been to several steak places in town and think these steaks are the best though there are other good places. The wine list has some great choices though we didn't go to the high end. Service was professional and efficient. Quality comes with a price. This is an expensive restaurant but I think it is worth it for special occasions.Special Features:
- First Class, as alwaysHungryDined on 6/23/2014Had a birthday celebration at Donovan's. All was perfect. Couldn't have asked for better food, service or ambiance.Special Features:
- Excellent foodThenCDined on 6/21/2014We had oyster Rockefeller, filet mignon, NY steak and sea bass, and we shared everything so I got a taste of them all. The steaks were done just as we have ordered, medium rare. They were very tender and juicy and seasoned just right. I like that I did not taste any butter in the meat. The skillet fried potatoes with peppercorn sauce went very well with the filet. It also comes with sweet peapods carrots and like the steak, they were done and seasoned just right. Same with the au gratin that came with the NY steak. The sea bass tasted very fresh and the skin was crispy like crackers. I am very particular about food that are made too rich even if they tasted very good. I did not find that at Donovan's.Special Features:
- As Usual2tripsDined on 6/21/2014The same great service, ambience, and of course the food. A great way to spend a relaxing evening and one you know will be guaranteed.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special occasions!MasterTeacher370Dined on 6/16/2014We have been going here for 20+ years, Best Splurge restaurant for steaks, lobster and Seafood Tower. The Caesar Salad I over the top, ask for Anchovies!! Love the décor, Phoenix hidden secret. Used a Living Social $80 coupon. . . it helped!!Special Features:
- Enjoyable Father's Day DinnerKrittyAZVIPDined on 6/15/2014Four of us celebrated Father's Day at Donovan's. It was the first time at the restaurant for each of us. We were greeted and seated promptly. Our server was quick to the table to take drink orders and list the specials. Our order was taken soon after and we settled in for an enjoyable evening. Drinks were very well prepared and the wine selection was good. Our food was tasty and service continued to be good. We were able to use our LivingSocial voucher, which was much appreciated. We did come away saying we enjoyed Capital Grille better- maybe more personable service, just a bit better flavor in the meat, and less of a crowded and noisy dining room. Still, go and see for yourself-it was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent nightmissmickeyDined on 6/15/2014We went for Father's Day dinner and we couldn't find a single thing to complain about! The food and service were both incredible! We couldn't have asked for better! We will definitely be returning soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.